IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-08-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:08:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-irc
20:08:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:51 [jamesn]
trackbot, start meeting
20:09:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:09:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:09:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
20:09:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:09:06 [trackbot]
Date: 18 August 2011
20:09:25 [jamesn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:09:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.978.261.aaaa, David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Katie_Haritos-Shea, ??P9, James_Nurthen
20:10:09 [adam]
zakim, P9 is adam_solomon
20:10:09 [Zakim]
sorry, adam, I do not recognize a party named 'P9'
20:10:10 [jamesn]
zakim, aaaa is Kathy_Wahlbin
20:10:11 [Zakim]
+Kathy_Wahlbin; got it
20:10:22 [adam]
zakim, ??P9 is adam_solomon
20:10:22 [Zakim]
+adam_solomon; got it
20:10:31 [jamesn]
scribeNick: jamesn
20:10:42 [Loretta]
Chair: Loretta
20:36:20 [Loretta]
We do not feel that F60, as written, should be a failure of SC 3.2.2, but it is causing us to discuss issues related to text fields and SC 3.2.2. We will be discussing potential modification to F37 or adding new failures for SC 3.2.2.
20:38:01 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: Accept LC-2492 as ammended above
20:39:00 [jamesn]
s/ammended/amended/
20:40:04 [jamesn]
ACTION adam to draft suggestions for adding INPUT of type text for failure of 3.2.2 (perhaps also new HTML input types too....)
20:40:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-140 - Draft suggestions for adding INPUT of type text for failure of 3.2.2 (perhaps also new HTML input types too....) [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-08-25].
20:41:57 [jamesn]
TOPIC: LC-2500
20:44:12 [jamesn]
adam notes that 2.4.10 is AAA
20:44:40 [jamesn]
loretta thinks that should is appropriate here
20:47:46 [jamesn]
adam notes that the test procedures for G141 and H69 are basically identical
20:47:53 [adam]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2011/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/H69.html
20:48:00 [adam]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2011/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/G141.html
20:51:37 [jamesn]
james notes that G141 is technology agnostic so it may not apply to 2.4.1 Bypass blocks as a sufficient technique
20:55:38 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:58:34 [jamesn]
loretta asks if merging G141 and H69 is a good use of time?
20:59:11 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:02:40 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Open_Topics
21:02:45 [jamesn]
loretta adds the topic of merging H69 and G141 to a future topics wiki page
21:13:07 [jamesn]
ACTION: adam to rewrite the resolution for LC-2500
21:13:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-141 - Rewrite the resolution for LC-2500 [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-08-25].
21:13:52 [jamesn]
TOPIC: LC-2508
21:14:58 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: LC-2508 accepted as proposed
21:15:18 [jamesn]
TOPIC: LC-2513
21:17:46 [jamesn]
Adam thinks we need to look at the wording of F69 more carefully
21:25:03 [jamesn]
ACTION: Kathy to propose modification to F69 related to using zoom
21:25:03 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Kathy
21:27:38 [jamesn]
TOPIC LC-2534
21:36:00 [jamesn]
RESOLUTION: accept LC-2534 as amended
21:38:23 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:38:40 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:38:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
21:38:44 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:38:47 [Zakim]
-Kathy_Wahlbin
21:38:52 [Zakim]
-adam_solomon
21:39:14 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:39:16 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:39:16 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:39:17 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:39:18 [jamesn]
zakim, please part
21:39:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:39:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.978.261.aaaa, David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Katie_Haritos-Shea, James_Nurthen, Kathy_Wahlbin, adam_solomon
21:39:28 [jamesn]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:39:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-minutes.html jamesn
21:40:34 [jamesn]
rrsagent, please part
21:40:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:40:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: adam to rewrite the resolution for LC-2500 [1]
21:40:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-irc#T21-13-07
21:40:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kathy to propose modification to F69 related to using zoom [2]
21:40:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-wai-wcag-irc#T21-25-03