IRC log of gld on 2011-08-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:00:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/08/04-gld-irc
14:00:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
14:00:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:00:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:00:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:00:46 [trackbot]
Date: 04 August 2011
14:00:54 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
14:01:08 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list conferences
14:01:08 [Zakim]
I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM, Team_(HTML5WG)9:00AM, INC_LLDXG()10:00AM, WF_TF()9:00AM active
14:01:12 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Team_(webtvws)13:03Z, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM, SW_RDFa()10:00AM, UW_POI(POIWG)10:00AM, Math_IG()10:00AM,
14:01:15 [Zakim]
... WAI_PFWG(AAPI)10:00AM, XML_PMWG()10:00AM, MM_MMI(EMMA)10:00AM
14:01:18 [bhyland]
GLDWG
14:01:21 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:01:21 [Zakim]
has not yet started, ZacharyWhitley
14:01:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see MacTed, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, toddpehle, gatemezi, George, Luis, martinAlvarez, bhyland, Mike, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, boris, tgheen, Cory, agmezpre,
14:01:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this will be GLDWG
14:01:32 [Zakim]
... danbri, mhausenblas, cygri, sandro, trackbot
14:01:34 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:01:45 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has left #gld
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.224.aaee
14:02:17 [gatemezi]
Hi all
14:02:36 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:02:43 [Zakim]
+cygri
14:02:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.540.898.aaff
14:02:46 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
14:02:49 [Zakim]
sorry, cygri, I do not recognize a party named 'mhausenblas'
14:02:56 [boris]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:19 [DruidSmith]
Zakim, +1.202.566.0797 is me
14:03:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TGheen, DruidSmith, ZacharyWhitley, ??P10, George, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.410.224.aaee, +1.540.898.aaff, cygri
14:03:37 [boris]
zakim, ??P10 is me
14:03:49 [Zakim]
sorry, DruidSmith, I do not recognize a party named '+1.202.566.0797'
14:03:51 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am really cygri
14:04:03 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Yigal, MacTed, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, toddpehle, gatemezi, George, Luis, bhyland, Mike, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, boris, tgheen, Cory, agmezpre, danbri,
14:04:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri really is mhausenblas
14:04:07 [olyerickson]
I just joined the call...
14:04:07 [Zakim]
... mhausenblas, cygri, sandro, trackbot
14:04:10 [Zakim]
+??P32
14:04:11 [Zakim]
+boris; got it
14:04:17 [cygri]
zakim, don't listen to mhausenblas. he's confused.
14:04:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.518.276.aagg
14:04:20 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:04:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I am really cygri', mhausenblas
14:04:27 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'cygri really is mhausenblas', mhausenblas
14:04:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, cygri
14:04:41 [Zakim]
sorry, cygri, I do not recognize a party named 'mhausenblas'
14:04:49 [toddpehle]
zakim, +1.410.224.2316 is me
14:04:49 [Yigal]
zakim, ??p32 is me
14:04:51 [Zakim]
sorry, toddpehle, I do not recognize a party named '+1.410.224.2316'
14:04:51 [cygri]
zakim, cygri is mhausenblas
14:04:54 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:04:58 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
14:04:58 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:05:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TGheen, DruidSmith, ZacharyWhitley, boris, George, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.410.224.aaee, +1.540.898.aaff, mhausenblas, Yigal,
14:05:01 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:05:04 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
14:05:07 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.08.04
14:05:08 [Zakim]
... +1.518.276.aagg
14:05:11 [gatemezi]
rrsagent, make records public
14:05:14 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
14:05:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Yigal, MacTed, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, toddpehle, gatemezi, George, Luis, bhyland, Mike, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, boris, tgheen, Cory, agmezpre, danbri,
14:05:17 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Intro
14:05:19 [Zakim]
... mhausenblas, cygri, sandro, trackbot
14:05:40 [toddpehle]
zakim, +1.410.224.aaee is me
14:05:40 [Zakim]
+toddpehle; got it
14:05:46 [bhyland]
@mhausenblas I've updated Scribes page http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes#Scribes and swapped you with 15-Sept date.
14:06:01 [DruidSmith]
That was Luis Bermudez, Open Geospatial Consortium
14:06:16 [mhausenblas]
Louis: background in geo-spatial and streams
14:06:25 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has joined #gld
14:06:32 [bhyland]
@Luis are you based in the Washington DC area?
14:06:45 [Zakim]
+??P37
14:07:05 [mhausenblas]
Chair: George
14:07:20 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: martinAlvarez
14:08:35 [Zakim]
+Kingsley_Idehen
14:08:41 [MacTed]
Zakim, Kingsley_Idehen is OpenLink_Software
14:08:41 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software; got it
14:08:48 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:08:49 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
14:08:49 [DruidSmith]
Zakim, aadd is Mike
14:08:50 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
14:09:01 [Zakim]
+??P40
14:09:41 [martinAlvarez]
Action: Sandro to investigate legal issues of the wiki
14:09:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1 - Investigate legal issues of the wiki [on Sandro Hawke - due 2011-08-11].
14:10:08 [bhyland]
@Yigal, @ZacharyWhitley, @Dan - did you all follow the link I sent in an email to put in details about joining as an invited guest?
14:10:21 [mhausenblas]
s/legal issues/acces issues
14:10:28 [ZacharyWhitley]
s/legal/access/
14:10:32 [Yigal]
@bhyland I've been derelict in this matter
14:10:45 [cygri]
ACTION-1: investigate access issues of the wiki (yigal and others can't access it)
14:10:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-1 Investigate legal issues of the wiki notes added
14:11:13 [bhyland]
There is a process for being added to wiki. If people who have been invited could *please* follow the link & fill out the form, that would help us get you access.
14:11:30 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
14:11:30 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
14:11:37 [martinAlvarez]
George: Should we accept the last meeting minutes
14:11:46 [martinAlvarez]
s/minutes/minutes?
14:12:01 [bhyland]
+1
14:12:05 [Yigal]
+1
14:12:06 [gatemezi]
+1
14:12:28 [DruidSmith]
+1
14:12:36 [martinAlvarez]
Proposal: Accept the last-meeting minutes
14:12:50 [mhausenblas]
'/me'
14:13:06 [martinAlvarez]
Proposed: Accept the last-meeting minutes
14:13:40 [martinAlvarez]
RESOLUTION: Last-meeting minutes have been accepted
14:13:45 [ZacharyWhitley]
bhyland, the "How to join" link?
14:13:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.208.aahh
14:14:18 [mhausenblas]
ISSUE-1?
14:14:18 [trackbot]
ISSUE-1 -- Where should the BP cookbook go? -- open
14:14:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/1
14:14:48 [olyerickson]
Yes, looking at the issue...
14:16:07 [gatemezi]
+1 to host the BP cookbook as a wiki
14:16:09 [bhyland]
close: ISSUE-1
14:17:01 [martinAlvarez]
George: Bernadette a quick overview on Community Directory?
14:17:22 [martinAlvarez]
Bernadette: we had a call on Skype
14:17:31 [George]
close ISSUE-1
14:17:31 [trackbot]
ISSUE-1 Where should the BP cookbook go? closed
14:18:40 [martinAlvarez]
... We had a pilot on the Web
14:19:00 [martinAlvarez]
... please, if you are interested in take part, let me know
14:19:40 [martinAlvarez]
... I send an email to the list with the information
14:19:47 [Zakim]
-??P40
14:19:49 [George]
http://directory.3roundstones.net
14:20:00 [bhyland]
Topic: Community Directory prototype, http://directory.3roundstones.net/page/MainPage.xhtml?view
14:20:44 [tgheen]
I have not seen any emails, but I don't think I am an official participant
14:21:10 [toddpehle]
same for me
14:21:24 [ZacharyWhitley]
Same for me.
14:21:48 [ZacharyWhitley]
(from APL)
14:22:48 [George]
Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion
14:23:07 [martinAlvarez]
ACTION: Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion
14:23:07 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Dan
14:23:13 [bhyland]
For those people who didn't receive an email from today, the above is the URL for the pre-release Community Directory prototype. I also asked people If thye'd like login credentials, please respond to team-gld-chairs at w3.org with your name & email & I'll compile a list and our support team will invite you.  Thanks.
14:24:11 [martinAlvarez]
Bernadette: Please, remember that there is a task force to gather requirements to the Comm. Directory
14:24:17 [cygri]
ACTION: George to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL
14:24:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11].
14:24:30 [cygri]
ACTION: bhyland to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL
14:24:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-3 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-08-11].
14:24:31 [martinAlvarez]
... if anybody else would like to participate is welcome
14:24:33 [mhausenblas]
q+
14:24:50 [martinAlvarez]
... the list of the current participants in on the wiki.
14:24:58 [boris]
q?
14:25:31 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:26:01 [martinAlvarez]
mhausenblas: I'll contribute
14:26:11 [cygri]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data
14:26:21 [mhausenblas]
s/I'll contribute/I'll contribute to the Community Directory
14:26:43 [martinAlvarez]
George: Richard has create a wiki page on Data Cube voc.
14:26:46 [ZacharyWhitley]
+q
14:27:45 [DruidSmith_]
DruidSmith_ has joined #gld
14:28:04 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:29:50 [martinAlvarez]
George: Maybe to take some examples where the statistical data is used
14:30:05 [olyerickson]
I'm interested from the perspective of conversion
14:30:58 [martinAlvarez]
@@@: I like the idea of break the call to talk about the cases of using the data cube
14:31:36 [martinAlvarez]
... and in a theoretical perspective of the Cube vocabulary
14:31:49 [George]
ACTION: George to organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review
14:31:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-4 - Organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11].
14:32:22 [martinAlvarez]
George: We have some good examples from Epimorphics work
14:32:29 [George]
SemTech Epimorphics use of Cube
14:32:35 [cygri]
http://www.slideshare.net/der42/linked-data-hypercubes
14:33:05 [olyerickson]
cygri's preso is linked-to from the wiki already
14:33:31 [boris]
Asuncion
14:34:01 [martinAlvarez]
George: Move on to Gov Ontology Metadata works
14:34:37 [martinAlvarez]
s/@@@/Dan
14:35:26 [martinAlvarez]
Dan: I would like to take part in this Open Government Vocabulary
14:36:10 [martinAlvarez]
... Should we suggest @@@ to take part in this task force?
14:36:48 [mhausenblas]
Michael: No, Mondeca is not a member of the GLD WG
14:36:50 [olyerickson]
I would like to be part of this vocab-of-vocabs discussion as well
14:36:55 [martinAlvarez]
Dan: I work with you to get the names of the people interested
14:37:02 [martinAlvarez]
s/@@@/Mondeca
14:39:29 [gatemezi]
I am also interested with this topic, and since I can discuss directly with the guys of Mondeca, "indirectly" they will be present :-)
14:40:30 [martinAlvarez]
George: John Sheridan has volunteered to help in procurement
14:40:31 [olyerickson]
Do we define "CO" (Contracting Officer) somewhere?
14:40:52 [martinAlvarez]
... anyone from the UK National Archives to contribute
14:41:10 [martinAlvarez]
... to create a CO's Guide to 5-Star Data
14:41:20 [bhyland]
q+
14:42:00 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:42:25 [olyerickson]
My point was that we need to be sure to break out terms-of-art where they appear
14:42:34 [George]
understood JE
14:42:40 [olyerickson]
Thanks!
14:42:43 [martinAlvarez]
Bernadette: Please, if anyone is interested in the call, go to the wiki and register
14:42:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aaii
14:43:15 [martinAlvarez]
... OPSI may be interested
14:43:50 [martinAlvarez]
Subtopic: WG Charter 3.1 production schedule
14:44:25 [martinAlvarez]
George: Community Directory is going pretty well
14:45:12 [martinAlvarez]
Bernadette: We are evolving the Community Directory wiki
14:45:16 [bhyland]
Topic: LD Cookbook, very early stage cookbook may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.7_Linked_Data_Cookbook
14:46:00 [martinAlvarez]
Richard: Boris was proposed as editor
14:46:36 [martinAlvarez]
Bernadette: the whole list of contributors is in the wiki page
14:46:38 [mhausenblas]
s/Richard:/Michael:
14:47:06 [olyerickson]
FYI, John Erickson's name is mis-spelled on the "best practices summary" http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
14:47:24 [bhyland]
The list of people who've indicated interest in working on Best Practices may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#Interested_in_working_on_this
14:47:38 [Cory]
I still have to get it in my head what the nature and scope of the deliverable may be - examples would help
14:48:42 [martinAlvarez]
Michael: Should we edit the specific actions for anyone in the section?
14:50:22 [martinAlvarez]
... Bernadette, Boris, and myself Boris will motivate the rest and joining pieces
14:51:15 [George]
q?
14:51:20 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter
14:51:29 [George]
q- ZacharyWhitley
14:51:38 [George]
q- bhyland
14:51:40 [bhyland]
q- bhyland
14:53:33 [olyerickson]
q?
14:53:52 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:54:12 [George]
q?
14:54:34 [George]
q+ olyerickson
14:54:38 [George]
ack olyerickson
14:54:48 [George]
?
14:55:37 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page
14:55:37 [mhausenblas]
q+ to say something more about the ED on Best Practices
14:55:40 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:56:07 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:56:07 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to say something more about the ED on Best Practices
14:57:40 [George]
q?
14:58:07 [martinAlvarez]
Michael: We should use common practices and clean the texts from different contributors
14:58:16 [ZacharyWhitley]
q?
14:58:47 [martinAlvarez]
George: Any comment for the next agenda?
14:59:47 [martinAlvarez]
... Some more standard vocabularies, like dcat
15:00:18 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I disagree - we *do* do set standards
15:00:27 [martinAlvarez]
Michael: We shouldn't use the word "standard"
15:00:32 [George]
+1 MH
15:00:34 [George]
http://www.w3.org/TR/void/
15:00:38 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
15:00:39 [George]
a standard?
15:00:41 [MacTed]
q+
15:00:51 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
15:00:55 [olyerickson]
Note to leaders: I too appear to have access problems with the Wiki...Sees me as logged-in user but I don't see "edit" options etc... please advise...
15:00:56 [mhausenblas]
Michael: We write specifications that we hope to become a standard
15:01:06 [martinAlvarez]
... We could say recommended practices, or consensus BP, etc.
15:01:07 [mhausenblas]
martinAlvarez - I said the exact opposite!
15:01:09 [cygri]
martinAlvarez, this was Dan speaking, not mhausenblas
15:01:34 [bhyland]
+1 MacTed
15:01:41 [martinAlvarez]
s/shouldn't use/should use
15:01:59 [cygri]
q+
15:02:14 [mhausenblas]
q+ to comment on scribing
15:02:16 [George]
q?
15:02:32 [martinAlvarez]
s/Michael/Dan
15:02:35 [mhausenblas]
ack MacTed
15:02:43 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
15:02:58 [MacTed]
ack me
15:03:02 [cygri]
ack me
15:03:29 [MacTed]
I must now jump to another call...
15:04:03 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:04:06 [Zakim]
-MacTed
15:04:07 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:04:37 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:04:37 [George]
scribe should capture that MH says yes to 'standard' and RC says 'recommendation' :)
15:04:41 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to comment on scribing
15:04:43 [cygri]
cygri: W3C officially only publishes "W3C recommendations", not "standards"
15:04:49 [mhausenblas]
ack me
15:05:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I agree with Richard
15:05:15 [boris]
thanks
15:05:16 [boris]
bye
15:05:24 [olyerickson]
Bye
15:05:25 [agmezpre]
bye
15:05:31 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:05:33 [Zakim]
-toddpehle
15:05:35 [bhyland]
@olyerickson, I'll send you email
15:05:39 [Zakim]
-Mike
15:05:41 [Zakim]
- +1.202.691.aabb
15:05:43 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
15:05:45 [Zakim]
- +1.518.276.aagg
15:05:46 [cygri]
martinAlvarez, don't worry! great job scribing!
15:05:47 [Zakim]
- +1.540.898.aaff
15:05:49 [Zakim]
- +1.202.208.aahh
15:05:51 [Zakim]
- +1.267.481.aacc
15:05:53 [Zakim]
-ZacharyWhitley
15:05:55 [Zakim]
-George
15:06:08 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:06:09 [gatemezi]
thanks to all. Bye
15:06:17 [Zakim]
-boris
15:06:19 [Zakim]
-TGheen
15:06:23 [Zakim]
-martinAlvarez
15:06:28 [Zakim]
-DruidSmith
15:06:29 [cygri]
martinAlvarez, regarding publishing the minutes, you might find this helpful: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/0011.html
15:06:35 [Zakim]
- +1.703.362.aaii
15:06:41 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:06:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were TGheen, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, George, +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.540.898.aaff, boris, +1.518.276.aagg, Yigal,
15:06:46 [Zakim]
... mhausenblas, cygri, toddpehle, martinAlvarez, MacTed, Mike, +1.202.208.aahh, +1.703.362.aaii
15:06:55 [cygri]
and yeah, scribing is really hard in the beginning when you don't know the voices yet
15:07:17 [gatemezi]
zakem, -gatemezi
15:07:27 [martinAlvarez]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:46:01 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
16:02:43 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has joined #gld
16:30:22 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
17:03:02 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
17:06:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
17:32:28 [Simpson_2]
Simpson_2 has joined #gld
17:32:48 [Simpson_2]
any1 stil around ?
18:54:34 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
20:09:14 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld