IRC log of sparql on 2011-07-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/26-sparql-irc
13:56:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:30 [trackbot]
Date: 26 July 2011
13:56:50 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-07-26
13:57:11 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
13:57:23 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:57:30 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:57:38 [NickH]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
13:57:38 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
13:57:53 [NickH]
Zakim, mute me
13:57:53 [Zakim]
sorry, NickH, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
13:57:57 [NickH]
heh
13:58:37 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
13:58:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.729.aaaa
13:59:06 [NickH]
Zakim, mute me
13:59:06 [Zakim]
NickH should now be muted
13:59:08 [kasei]
Zakim, aaaa is me
13:59:08 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
13:59:17 [Zakim]
+ +49.897.aabb
13:59:45 [NickH]
I can here you
13:59:50 [NickH]
hear
13:59:52 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:57 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, aabb is probably me
13:59:57 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres?; got it
14:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:00:08 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:00:11 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:00:11 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:00:11 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:00:13 [Zakim]
I already had ??P12 as cbuilara, AndyS
14:00:19 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH (muted), kasei, AxelPolleres?, cbuilara, ??P15
14:00:22 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P15 is me
14:00:22 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:00:24 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:00:39 [AndyS]
OK
14:00:45 [AndyS]
scribenick: AndyS
14:00:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aacc
14:00:54 [Zakim]
-kasei
14:01:05 [MattPerry]
zakim, aacc is me
14:01:05 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
14:01:20 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql
14:01:39 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:01:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:01:55 [SteveH__]
Zakim, ??P9 is me
14:01:55 [Zakim]
+SteveH__; got it
14:02:05 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:02:12 [Zakim]
+kasei
14:02:18 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aadd
14:02:26 [alex_]
Zakim, +3539149aadd is me
14:02:26 [Zakim]
+alex_; got it
14:02:28 [AxelPolleres]
scribenick: steveH
14:02:31 [AndyS]
scribenick: SteveH__
14:02:59 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:03:04 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:03:04 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:03:06 [SteveH__]
AxelPolleres: admin, Lee will be late
14:03:28 [SteveH]
… regrets: birte, greg
14:03:31 [kasei]
spotty connection.
14:03:38 [kasei]
but here just this moment.
14:03:38 [AndyS]
scribenick: SteveH
14:03:39 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Olivier, Birte, Lee
14:03:53 [SteveH]
… admin issues.
14:03:58 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-12
14:04:15 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:04:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH__, kasei, alex_, cbuilara
14:04:21 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:04:37 [SteveH]
Zakim, SteveH__ is me
14:04:37 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:04:57 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-12
14:05:16 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: scribe for next meeting, paul
14:05:34 [SteveH]
pgearon: on holiday next week
14:06:10 [AxelPolleres]
birte should be back
14:06:19 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: scribe for next meeting, birte
14:06:47 [SteveH]
… publications
14:06:55 [SteveH]
… decide today about publication of drafts
14:07:13 [SteveH]
… tsv-csv-results and json-results
14:07:29 [SteveH]
… json-results should be in last call shape, tsv/csv in shape for FPWD
14:07:41 [SteveH]
… fed query needs more discussion
14:07:47 [Zakim]
-alex_
14:08:05 [SteveH]
… tsv/csv comments?
14:08:08 [SteveH]
q+
14:08:20 [AndyS]
q+
14:08:26 [AxelPolleres]
go ahead steve
14:08:29 [Zakim]
+alex_
14:08:43 [AndyS]
ack SteveH
14:08:49 [alexpassant]
Zakim, +alex_ is me
14:08:49 [Zakim]
sorry, alexpassant, I do not recognize a party named '+alex_'
14:09:40 [SteveH]
AndyS: tsv/csv - ready for FPWD, but still some editorial stuff, but better to publish (as WD) now
14:09:41 [AndyS]
ack me
14:09:42 [SteveH]
+1
14:10:04 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: anything on json results?
14:10:16 [AndyS]
SteveH - could you email the list with comments and I'll see if i can deal with them ASAP or post pub
14:10:19 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html
14:10:27 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html
14:10:29 [SteveH]
AndyS, I already did, ages ago
14:10:36 [SteveH]
AndyS, I think you dealt with them
14:11:07 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: ask w3c team about dates, any comments?
14:11:26 [AndyS]
Ok - I believe I'm up-to-date - just need to add header mandatory in CVS (if not already done) Can't remember - will check cvs log
14:11:44 [AndyS]
+1 to publish both
14:11:47 [SteveH]
+1
14:12:02 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to inquire at W3C team on next possible pub date.
14:12:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-499 - Inquire at W3C team on next possible pub date. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:12:50 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html as FPWD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-csv-tsv/ at next possible publication date (ie. pending completion of . ACTION4-99)
14:12:56 [SteveH]
seconded
14:13:21 [AxelPolleres]
s/4-99/-499/
14:13:38 [SteveH]
+1 [Garlik]
14:13:44 [NickH]
+1 [BBC]
14:13:44 [AndyS]
+1 [Apache Software Foundation]
14:13:47 [alexpassant]
+1 [DERI]
14:13:49 [pgearon]
+1 [Revelytix]
14:13:50 [kasei]
+1 [RPI]
14:13:51 [cbuilara]
+1 [UPM]
14:13:55 [MattPerry]
+1
14:14:13 [MattPerry]
[Oracle]
14:14:45 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html as FPWD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-csv-tsv/ at next possible publication date (ie. pending completion of . ACTION-499)
14:16:10 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: JSON results format.
14:16:12 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html as LC WD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/ (ie. pending completion of ACTION-499)
14:16:54 [AndyS]
+1 [Apache Software Foundation]
14:16:56 [pgearon]
+1 [Revelytix]
14:17:03 [SteveH]
+1 [Garlik]
14:17:03 [kasei]
+1 [RPI]
14:17:04 [MattPerry]
+1 [Oracle]
14:17:06 [alexpassant]
+1 [DERI]
14:17:09 [cbuilara]
+1 [UPM]
14:17:09 [NickH]
+1 [BBC]
14:17:23 [SteveH]
I have some small reservations that it's not the right thing, but it's quite widely implemented
14:17:43 [kasei]
that html document says both "Editor's Draft" and "Working Draft" (?)
14:17:50 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html as LC WD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/ (ie. pending completion of ACTION-499)
14:18:04 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: aim to publish these two together
14:18:06 [AndyS]
SteveH - pls let me know the reservations sometime.
14:18:10 [SteveH]
… Fed Query document
14:18:41 [SteveH]
cbuilara: comments about service with variables, there was a mistake in the semantics
14:18:52 [SteveH]
… not possible to have a variables bound
14:19:05 [SteveH]
… suggested to add [something]
14:19:22 [SteveH]
… working on informative section
14:20:26 [NickH]
yes, better
14:20:36 [NickH]
little bit of an echo
14:20:55 [SteveH]
… moving service to the last section, if everyone agrees
14:21:12 [SteveH]
… will continue formatting
14:22:13 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: do we have uncommitted changes
14:22:16 [SteveH]
cbuilara: yes
14:22:26 [SteveH]
… I can't commit the last stuff
14:22:32 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: please commit
14:22:54 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service.xml
14:23:28 [AndyS]
Beware of mirrors: "26-Jul-2011 14:22 45K"
14:24:45 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: concern about example using SERVICE and BINDINGs
14:25:03 [SteveH]
… idea is that impl. could rewrite during execution, using BINDINGS
14:25:12 [SteveH]
using subquery to remote servoce
14:25:17 [cbuilara]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0025.html
14:25:18 [kasei]
this is action 462 which is marked as "to be added post LC"
14:26:39 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: can someone review §2.4 and §4?
14:26:46 [SteveH]
… then we can go for publication next week
14:26:55 [SteveH]
… we could leave out §2.4 if there are concerns
14:27:43 [SteveH]
… any objections to making §2.4 informative, so we're not as strictly bound by LC restrictions
14:27:58 [SteveH]
AndyS: if we could change the example that would be goo, might be confusing to readers
14:28:13 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: I proposed different example
14:28:24 [SteveH]
AndyS: will try and look at proposal
14:28:49 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: carlos, write email to group. will have 2+ people review it for LC readiness
14:28:58 [AndyS]
I can try to review doc when Carlos says it's ready but it's "at risk" for next week.
14:29:50 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Andy to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:29:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-500 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-08-02].
14:30:05 [SteveH]
call for volunteers
14:30:23 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH, kasei, cbuilara, pgearon, alex_
14:30:23 [AndyS]
zakim, Pick a victim
14:30:25 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose alex_
14:30:32 [NickH]
sorry, federation
14:30:35 [NickH]
is not my thing
14:30:49 [SteveH]
Zakim, who's talking?
14:30:57 [AndyS]
:-) Alex -- blame the bots for everything
14:31:01 [Zakim]
SteveH, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: AxelPolleres? (86%), AndyS (50%), alex_ (19%)
14:31:06 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Alex to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:31:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-501 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Alexandre Passant - due 2011-08-02].
14:31:13 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:31:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-502 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:31:51 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: carlos, it would be good if you were ready to resolve concerns with reviewrs
14:32:11 [SteveH]
… one point: errata
14:32:17 [SteveH]
… not sure how we handle that
14:32:37 [SteveH]
… we have particularly on XML result format, which we decided not to update
14:32:42 [SteveH]
… found issues, on errata page
14:32:48 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results
14:32:54 [SteveH]
… I hope this is complete
14:33:08 [SteveH]
… some things on protocol, XML results
14:33:17 [AndyS]
q+
14:33:17 [SteveH]
… do we need to publish errata for query 1.0? I guess not
14:34:03 [SteveH]
… for the process of errata we need to collect them in a certain format, then decide what to publish
14:34:18 [SteveH]
… we need an errata page for results format, and no sure about query 1.0
14:34:45 [SteveH]
AndyS: there are two kinds of errata, ones for doc in progress, we can just make changes. ones were not publishing, we need to pub errata
14:35:09 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/
14:35:17 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:35:23 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres, there's an errata link there, which is just empty
14:35:26 [SteveH]
… but it's a template
14:35:38 [SteveH]
… need to action someone to do it
14:35:43 [AndyS]
Tricky bit is http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/result-to-html.xsl -- can we just change it in place?
14:35:44 [SteveH]
… then approve it
14:36:34 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: I will contact sandro about that
14:36:50 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata
14:36:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-503 - Contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:37:18 [SteveH]
… we need a volunteer to look at errata format page, and update w.r.t items collected on wiki page
14:37:39 [AxelPolleres]
We need someone to volunteer to incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:37:51 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, pick a victim
14:37:51 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose alex_
14:37:56 [AndyS]
!!!!!!!!!
14:37:59 [alexpassant]
:) no !!!
14:38:02 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, pick a victim
14:38:02 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose kasei
14:38:19 [kasei]
Not in the next ~10 days, but afterwards.
14:39:15 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Greg to incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:39:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-504 - Incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-08-02].
14:40:21 [AxelPolleres]
topic: action review
14:40:33 [AxelPolleres]
please complete test case coverage actions bz next week!
14:40:35 [AndyS]
The ACTION-498 is done by http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jul/0006
14:41:12 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-498
14:41:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-498 Contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. closed
14:41:45 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: all actions should be for next week
14:41:58 [SteveH]
… review action for Lee is still open, but he has no objection to publish
14:42:12 [SteveH]
… one action open on greg, review [something]
14:42:20 [kasei]
q+
14:42:24 [AndyS]
ack me
14:42:30 [SteveH]
… same action as reviewing fed query last changes
14:42:46 [SteveH]
kasei: I don't that action is the same
14:42:58 [SteveH]
… it was specifically about text for using BINDINGS
14:43:25 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: if you could have a look before next telecon it would be good
14:43:31 [SteveH]
… not mission critical
14:43:59 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
14:44:00 [SteveH]
… carlos, will you tackle that next? some open action on you about a section for testcases
14:44:13 [SteveH]
cbuilara: wrote a small thing about that
14:44:26 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: incorporate it directly into the README.html document
14:45:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.553.aaee
14:45:07 [LeeF]
zakim, aaee is me
14:45:07 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:46:07 [SteveH]
cbuilara: I know that document
14:46:36 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: ACTION-486 is basically done
14:46:48 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION-486 ... http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:47:06 [SteveH]
… is there any more things which need to go in?
14:47:13 [SteveH]
… I'm not really able to follow it
14:47:19 [SteveH]
… how should we proceed?
14:47:54 [SteveH]
… no distinction with literals without a language tag, and xsd:String literals
14:48:12 [SteveH]
AndyS: current proposal is the lang tag literals may have a class, but no DT
14:48:29 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: functions and BGP matching will be affected
14:48:44 [SteveH]
… SD may also need to have something in the note, to indicate support
14:49:12 [SteveH]
… last thing is entailment regimes, think we need to reflect the non-distinction between plain lit and string lit
14:49:25 [SteveH]
… if you have something, feel free to edit this doc
14:49:45 [SteveH]
LeeF: I'll do the result format thing, for wiki page
14:49:51 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: great
14:50:09 [SteveH]
LeeF: you SHOULD/should not output xsd:string as a datatype
14:50:34 [AxelPolleres]
ACRTION: Lee to add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:50:50 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:50:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-505 - Add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11 [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-08-02].
14:50:52 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: how can we proceed in populating this doc
14:51:14 [SteveH]
AndyS: I think it's getting on ok, but we need RDF-WG to give itself a fixed target, meetings every 2 weeks over summer, moving slowly
14:51:33 [SteveH]
… from the p.o.v. we can't go faster than them, lets keep it ticking along, but not urgency
14:51:50 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: we don't have an official liaison, we could have it as part of admin issues
14:52:00 [SteveH]
… along with other liaisons
14:52:08 [SteveH]
… put it in official agenda
14:52:45 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to put "liaison" in next agenda draft.
14:52:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-506 - Put "liaison" in next agenda draft. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:53:12 [AndyS]
ready for review: got one so far from Steve (thx): http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:KD-1
14:53:39 [LeeF]
I'm happy with KD-1 response
14:53:46 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: one typo, provide / provides
14:55:19 [SteveH]
Zakim, who's speaking
14:55:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's speaking', SteveH
14:55:21 [SteveH]
Zakim, who's speaking?
14:55:33 [Zakim]
SteveH, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:56:29 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres: several comments from michael schneider, will ask birte if she's willing to look
14:56:59 [SteveH]
… next time, would like to get back to test cases, please strive to complete relevant actions
14:57:09 [SteveH]
… publication of fed query
14:57:24 [SteveH]
AJOURNED
14:57:31 [Zakim]
-kasei
14:57:32 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:57:32 [Zakim]
-alex_
14:57:35 [AndyS]
bye all
14:57:38 [MattPerry]
bye
14:57:38 [SteveH]
bye
14:57:39 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:57:41 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:57:43 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:57:45 [NickH]
Bye!
14:57:45 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:57:48 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:57:54 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:57:55 [Zakim]
-NickH
14:58:08 [AxelPolleres]
Steve, will you take care of publishing thr minutes?
14:58:10 [SteveH]
LeeF/AxelPolleres, can you remember how to make minutes?
14:58:30 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual.html
14:58:35 [SteveH]
thanks
14:58:52 [SteveH]
rrsagent, make records public
14:59:03 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/ --> quite self-explanatory
14:59:10 [AxelPolleres]
thnks again for scribing, talk next week
14:59:20 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres?
14:59:21 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:59:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were NickH, +1.310.729.aaaa, kasei, +49.897.aabb, AxelPolleres?, cbuilara, AndyS, +1.603.897.aacc, MattPerry, alex_, pgearon, SteveH, +1.617.553.aaee, LeeF
15:07:50 [SteveH]
AxelPolleres, I think http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-26 is done
16:29:30 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
16:37:36 [pgearon]
pgearon has joined #sparql
17:03:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
17:10:41 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql