IRC log of lld on 2011-07-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:54:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:54:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-lld-irc
13:54:20 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:54:20 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-lld-irc#T13-54-20
13:54:32 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
13:54:32 [Zakim]
ok, antoine; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:55:17 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
13:55:24 [Zakim]
+??P3
13:55:31 [antoine]
zakim, ??P3 is me
13:55:31 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:55:45 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:55:55 [antoine]
Chair: Antoine
13:56:10 [antoine]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jul/0028.html
13:56:37 [antoine]
Previous: 2011-07-07 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
13:56:40 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
13:57:35 [antoine]
Regrets: Jodi, Monica, Uldis, Joachim, Kevin
13:57:59 [tbaker]
tbaker has joined #lld
13:58:30 [AlexanderH]
AlexanderH has joined #lld
13:59:07 [pmurray]
pmurray has joined #lld
13:59:21 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:59:47 [marcia]
marcia has joined #lld
14:00:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.678.235.aaaa
14:00:04 [Zakim]
-??P14
14:00:07 [pmurray]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:00:09 [Zakim]
+pmurray; got it
14:00:14 [pmurray]
zakim, mute me
14:00:16 [Zakim]
pmurray should now be muted
14:00:24 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:00:28 [GordonD]
GordonD has joined #lld
14:00:37 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:00:42 [jeff_]
jeff_ has joined #lld
14:00:52 [Zakim]
+??P28
14:01:03 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:01:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:01:06 [kcoyle]
zakim, ??P14 is kcoyle
14:01:06 [Zakim]
+kcoyle; got it
14:01:11 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, pmurray (muted), kcoyle, [IPcaller], tbaker
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+??P32
14:01:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.330.289.aabb
14:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.764.aacc
14:01:24 [digikim_]
digikim_ has joined #lld
14:01:28 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is AlexanderH
14:01:28 [Zakim]
+AlexanderH; got it
14:01:32 [digikim_]
I just joined before marcha
14:01:32 [jeff_]
zakim, aacc is me
14:01:42 [Zakim]
+jeff_; got it
14:01:53 [tbaker]
s/macha/Marcia/
14:01:55 [antoine]
zakim, aabb is marcia
14:02:05 [antoine]
zakin, ??P32 is digikim_
14:02:08 [tbaker]
s/marcha/Marcia/
14:02:11 [Zakim]
+marcia; got it
14:02:13 [digikim_]
thanks :) forgot to join the irc before calling
14:02:15 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:35 [Zakim]
+??P41
14:02:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, pmurray (muted), kcoyle, AlexanderH, tbaker, ??P32, marcia, jeff_, ??P41
14:02:54 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:03:07 [Zakim]
+jeff_.a
14:03:11 [antoine]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:03:22 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:03:27 [antoine]
zakim, ??P41 is GordonD
14:03:40 [antoine]
zakim, ??P32 is digikim_
14:03:43 [Zakim]
antoine, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: antoine (41%), tbaker (24%), ??P41 (66%)
14:03:56 [Zakim]
+GordonD; got it
14:03:56 [antoine]
zakinm, jeff_.a is michaelp
14:04:11 [Zakim]
+digikim_; got it
14:04:29 [antoine]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:04:39 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:04:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:05:21 [marcia]
Next week
14:05:30 [marcia]
I am on a cell phone now
14:05:52 [uldis]
uldis has joined #lld
14:05:55 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
14:05:55 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
14:06:15 [antoine]
Scribe: Jeff
14:06:22 [antoine]
Scribenick: jeff_
14:06:38 [jeff_]
TOPIC: ADMIN
14:07:03 [jeff_]
RESOLVED: accept minutes from last call
14:07:47 [jeff_]
No telecon next week, but the ones left are important
14:07:53 [jeff_]
TOPIC: FINAL REPORT
14:08:21 [jeff_]
The blog is up and some comments are coming in
14:08:40 [jeff_]
Keeping track of commentary/reviews at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
14:09:12 [jeff_]
Need a new volunteer to track late coming comments.
14:10:21 [jeff_]
Jeff volunteers
14:10:38 [tbaker]
q+ to ask if Daniel cannot do it?
14:11:26 [tbaker]
ack tbaker
14:11:26 [Zakim]
tbaker, you wanted to ask if Daniel cannot do it?
14:11:46 [jeff_]
ACTION: Karen Coyle to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 8 and July 15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:11:51 [jeff_]
--DONE
14:11:57 [jeff_]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 15 and July 22 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html#action05]
14:12:00 [jeff_]
--DONE
14:12:23 [jeff_]
ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial comments to their section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html#action06]
14:12:29 [jeff_]
--CONTINUES
14:13:01 [jeff_]
TOPIC: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (tbd)
14:13:08 [jeff_]
ACTION: chairs to send email to list asking for volunteers to write the executive summary [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action08]
14:13:10 [jeff_]
--DONE
14:13:17 [michaelp]
michaelp has joined #lld
14:13:35 [GordonD]
I will volunteer to help Karen
14:14:44 [GordonD]
+1 for the three of us on a telecon ...
14:15:15 [GordonD]
+1 makes four
14:15:43 [jeff_]
ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the executive summary due in two weeks.
14:15:45 [jeff_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
14:16:53 [jeff_]
karen: one to 1 1/2 page for the executive summary
14:17:13 [jeff_]
Tom: more or less as needed
14:18:29 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jul/0022.html
14:18:50 [jeff_]
TOPIC: "LIBRARY LINKED DATA": SCOPE OF THIS REPORT (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
14:19:38 [jeff_]
ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence adding cultural and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03]
14:19:42 [jeff_]
--CONTINUES
14:20:09 [jeff_]
TOPIC: BENEFITS OF LINKED DATA (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross)
14:20:25 [jeff_]
Any issues to report?
14:20:55 [jeff_]
No comments.
14:21:07 [jeff_]
TOPIC: AVAILABLE VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William)
14:21:43 [jeff_]
Antoine: started to address 1st set of comments and confident the issues can be integrated.
14:22:24 [jeff_]
TOPIC: RELEVANT TECHNOLOGIES (Jeff)
14:22:30 [GordonD]
Action on Gordon is now done
14:22:36 [jeff_]
ACTION: Gordon to review Relevant Technologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:22:41 [jeff_]
--DONE
14:22:56 [tbaker]
q+ to ask about PIDs as raised by Juha
14:23:08 [antoine]
--DONE
14:23:14 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jul/0029.html
14:23:26 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
14:23:26 [Zakim]
I see tbaker on the speaker queue
14:24:29 [antoine]
zakim, ack tbaker
14:24:29 [Zakim]
tbaker, you wanted to ask about PIDs as raised by Juha
14:24:30 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:24:31 [AlexanderH]
q+
14:25:37 [antoine]
Alexander: need to ack that a URN is a URI
14:25:52 [jeff_]
Tom: Juha commented on reference to Cool URIs vs. other forms of persistent URIs. Deserves some more subtle wording to accommodate URNs.
14:26:07 [antoine]
Jeff: Agreed. I 'll work on it
14:26:24 [antoine]
... Gordon also commented on this.
14:26:29 [tbaker]
q+ to point Jeff to http://metadaten-twr.org/2010/10/13/persistent-identifiers-an-overview/
14:26:38 [tbaker]
ack AlexanderH
14:26:53 [antoine]
zakim, ack tbaker
14:26:53 [Zakim]
tbaker, you wanted to point Jeff to http://metadaten-twr.org/2010/10/13/persistent-identifiers-an-overview/
14:26:55 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:26:56 [jeff_]
Alex: need to accommodate URNs better.
14:27:57 [jeff_]
Tom: we need to acknowledge other URI schemes
14:28:10 [jeff_]
... best practice is still evolving.
14:28:45 [jeff_]
... Need to point to larger discussion.
14:28:47 [digikim_]
+1
14:28:55 [tbaker]
ack tbaker
14:29:03 [antoine]
zakim, q?
14:29:03 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:29:31 [antoine]
Alex: anyone tried URN in SPARQL?
14:29:36 [marcia]
There was a circulated reference link yesterday: What Do URIs Mean Anyway? http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/159
14:29:51 [antoine]
Jeff: id.loc.gov has owl:sameAs to URNs
14:30:00 [antoine]
... they're not resolvable
14:30:15 [antoine]
.. ideally using owl:sameAs you would link URNs to resolvable URIS
14:30:52 [antoine]
(Antoine remembers having done something like that with ARK ids)
14:31:44 [tbaker]
Juha's comments are at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Jun/0012.html
14:31:58 [GordonD]
It might be useful to add something about sameAs linking between resolvable and unresolvable IDs in the relevant technologies section? Or is this an Issue requiring a Recommendation?
14:32:08 [antoine]
Jeff: one http-14 was around, it went clearer
14:32:44 [AlexanderH]
+1 gordon
14:33:03 [antoine]
Jeff: it's worth mentioning
14:33:17 [antoine]
Tom: not elevating to recommendation
14:33:26 [antoine]
Jeff And Tom: we agree
14:33:54 [jeff_]
ACTION: Jeff to integrated more refined view of non-resolvable URIs and linking.
14:35:06 [jeff_]
Jeff will review blog entries for reusable statements.
14:37:03 [antoine]
gordon: main issue is mixing different levels
14:37:11 [antoine]
Jeff: all feedback helps
14:38:51 [jeff_]
ACTION: everybody to scrutinize the relevant technologies to solve the issue of mising different levels
14:39:14 [jeff_]
TOPIC: IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO ADOPTION (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
14:39:23 [jeff_]
ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group to identify things that need to be discussed with larger group for July 21 meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:39:26 [jeff_]
--CONTINUES
14:39:37 [jeff_]
ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12]
14:39:40 [jeff_]
--CONTINUES
14:40:55 [jeff_]
Karen: these two sections were put together as background. They stay in the wiki, but can be used as a checklist for the report section.
14:41:54 [jeff_]
Karen: the blog appears to be broken in a new way.
14:42:16 [pmurray]
Oh, that is odd.
14:42:43 [jeff_]
Tom: It looks like a temporary issue.
14:43:07 [jeff_]
Karen: Comments are coming into the blog and will be processed.
14:44:01 [jeff_]
... The comments so far haven't been radical and can probably be integrated.
14:45:01 [jeff_]
Antoine: the comments don't appear to be spam
14:45:39 [jeff_]
TOPIC: RECOMMENDATIONS AND NEXT STEPS (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
14:46:24 [jeff_]
ACTION: Tom to ask Dickson and Guenther if they could contribute curriculum issues to the Recommendations Section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action13]
14:47:51 [jeff_]
--DONE
14:48:20 [jeff_]
TOPIC: LIBRARY LINKED DATA: VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS - SEPARATE DELIVERABLE (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William)
14:48:39 [jeff_]
Antoine: not much to say. Other comments?
14:48:55 [jeff_]
TOPIC: USE CASES (Daniel) - SEPARATE DELIVERABLE
14:49:08 [jeff_]
ACTION: Emma to review use cases and make comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07]
14:49:12 [jeff_]
--CONTINUES
14:49:22 [jeff_]
Comments?
14:49:42 [jeff_]
Any other business?
14:50:09 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jul/0021.html
14:50:33 [antoine]
http://www.slideshare.net/TalisConsulting/linked-data-workshop-stanford-university
14:50:44 [jeff_]
Antoine: Presentation on Linked Data at Stanford that has overlap with our group.
14:51:00 [jeff_]
... Would be nice if our report related to theirs
14:51:16 [jeff_]
... Anyone involved?
14:52:01 [kcoyle]
http://inkdroid.org/journal/2011/07/14/stanford-linked-data-meeting-notes-an-incidental-manifesto/
14:52:04 [kcoyle]
edsu's notes
14:52:11 [jeff_]
We should discuss their report later.
14:52:58 [digikim_]
Thanks to everybody. I will be taking my Summer vacation in August, so this was unfortunately the final call for me. I will be looking forward on what reactions the report gets when it is finalized and published. :)
14:53:35 [jeff_]
Antoine: Thanks for contributing Kim.
14:53:38 [Zakim]
-GordonD
14:53:40 [Zakim]
-pmurray
14:53:43 [jeff_]
Meeting is ajourned.
14:53:48 [Zakim]
-kcoyle
14:53:49 [pmurray]
pmurray has left #lld
14:53:49 [antoine]
zakim, please list attendees
14:53:58 [Zakim]
-digikim_
14:54:01 [Zakim]
-marcia
14:54:02 [Zakim]
-michaelp
14:54:04 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been antoine, +1.678.235.aaaa, pmurray, tbaker, kcoyle, +1.330.289.aabb, +1.614.764.aacc, AlexanderH, jeff_, marcia, GordonD, digikim_, michaelp
14:54:22 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:54:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:55:12 [digikim_]
bye
14:56:48 [Zakim]
-AlexanderH
14:58:13 [uldis]
uldis has left #lld
14:59:20 [Zakim]
-jeff_
14:59:24 [Zakim]
-antoine
14:59:25 [Zakim]
-tbaker
14:59:25 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
14:59:26 [Zakim]
Attendees were antoine, +1.678.235.aaaa, pmurray, tbaker, kcoyle, +1.330.289.aabb, +1.614.764.aacc, AlexanderH, jeff_, marcia, GordonD, digikim_, michaelp
14:59:27 [jeff_]
jeff_ has left #lld
14:59:33 [michaelp]
michaelp has left #lld