IRC log of gld on 2011-07-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:59:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:59:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:59:26 [boris]
boris has joined #gld
13:59:28 [George]
cool - thanks MH
13:59:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.557.aaee
13:59:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.704.302.aaff
13:59:55 [wbrafford]
zakim, aaff is wbrafford
13:59:55 [Zakim]
+wbrafford; got it
14:00:00 [Zakim]
14:00:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.215.808.aagg
14:00:13 [Cory-c]
Cory-c has joined #gld
14:00:16 [Zakim]
14:00:22 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am mhausenblas
14:00:24 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not see a party named 'mhausenblas'
14:00:32 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri is really mhausenblas
14:00:32 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
14:00:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.440.389.aahh
14:00:50 [Zakim]
14:00:58 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
14:00:59 [Zakim]
14:01:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.992.aaii
14:01:08 [sandro]
zakim, aabb is tina
14:01:08 [Zakim]
+tina; got it
14:01:10 [lrosenth]
lrosenth has joined #gld
14:01:32 [Zakim]
14:01:32 [bkaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
14:01:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +49.721.aaaa, tina, +1.202.690.aacc, +1.757.604.aadd, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford, Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, +1.440.389.aahh, ??P25, ??P29,
14:01:33 [sandro]
zakim, aadd is Gerald
14:01:36 [wbrafford]
zakim, please mute wbrafford
14:01:39 [Zakim]
... +1.703.992.aaii, davidwood
14:01:39 [Cory-c]
aaii is cory-c
14:01:43 [George]
zakim, aacc is George
14:01:44 [Zakim]
wbrafford should now be muted
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+Gerald; got it
14:01:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy, George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri, sandro, trackbot
14:01:59 [Zakim]
+George; got it
14:01:59 [lrosenth]
215 is me, Leonard Rosenthol (Adobe)
14:02:08 [Cory-c]
zakim, aaii is cory-c
14:02:08 [sandro]
zakim, aahh is hadley
14:02:15 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:02:20 [boris]
zakim, boris is with mahusenblas
14:02:25 [Zakim]
+cory-c; got it
14:02:25 [bkaempgen]
zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen
14:02:29 [Zakim]
+hadley; got it
14:02:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +49.721.aaaa, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood
14:02:48 [gatemezi]
gatemezi has joined #gld
14:02:53 [Zakim]
sorry, boris, I do not recognize a party named 'mahusenblas'
14:03:00 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen; got it
14:03:00 [bkaempgen]
nick bkaempgen is Benedikt Kämpgen
14:03:04 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, boris is with me
14:03:23 [bkaempgen]
zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen
14:03:29 [Zakim]
+boris; got it
14:03:34 [Zakim]
14:03:39 [bkaempgen]
Zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen
14:03:43 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:45 [Zakim]
sorry, bkaempgen, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:04:00 [bkaempgen]
Zakim, who's here?
14:04:07 [Zakim]
sorry, bkaempgen, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:04:09 [Simpson_2]
Zakim, ??P44 is me
14:04:15 [Dean]
Dean has joined #gld
14:04:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood, ??P44
14:04:19 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
14:04:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood, ??P44
14:04:29 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
14:04:34 [Zakim]
+Simpson_2; got it
14:04:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.224.aajj
14:04:41 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:04:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Dean, gatemezi, lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy, George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri,
14:04:50 [Zakim]
... sandro, trackbot
14:04:55 [Zakim]
+ +
14:04:59 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:05:07 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
14:05:08 [raphael]
zakim, aakk is raphael
14:05:09 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's making noise?
14:05:15 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
14:05:23 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George (5%), Sandro (100%), +1.215.808.aagg (5%), ??P29 (10%)
14:05:30 [sandro]
zakim, aaee is rick
14:05:33 [Zakim]
+rick; got it
14:05:54 [sandro]
zakim, aagg is Leonard
14:05:54 [Zakim]
+Leonard; got it
14:06:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aall
14:06:44 [sandro]
zakim, P25 is Dean
14:06:44 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not recognize a party named 'P25'
14:06:48 [sandro]
zakim, ?P25 is Dean
14:06:48 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not recognize a party named '?P25'
14:06:52 [sandro]
zakim, ??P25 is Dean
14:06:52 [Zakim]
+Dean; got it
14:07:04 [druidsmith]
druidsmith has joined #gld
14:07:04 [sandro]
zakim, ??P29 is Price
14:07:04 [Zakim]
+Price; got it
14:07:14 [sandro]
zakim, ??P44 is Todd
14:07:14 [Zakim]
I already had ??P44 as Simpson_2, sandro
14:07:30 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:07:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, rick, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, Leonard, mhausenblas, hadley, Dean, Price, cory-c, davidwood, Simpson_2, +1.410.224.aajj,
14:07:33 [Zakim]
... raphael, +1.202.566.aall
14:07:34 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris, cygri
14:07:58 [druidsmith]
zakim, aall is me
14:07:58 [Zakim]
+druidsmith; got it
14:08:48 [sandro]
scribe: dean
14:09:17 [Dean]
rrsagent, make records public
14:09:34 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:09:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
14:10:23 [Dean]
George: Agenda item, poll for face-to-face
14:11:21 [Dean]
Bern: can't do it as planned
14:11:32 [mhausenblas]
14:11:40 [mhausenblas]
14:11:49 [Dean]
Cory: Offers to host next f2f
14:11:56 [Simpson_2]
+1 for europe !
14:11:56 [sandro]
(in DC)
14:12:02 [Dean]
Bern: Prefer in UK or Ireland, to cycle. Europe next
14:12:02 [sandro]
14:12:26 [sandro]
ack mhausenblas
14:12:29 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:12:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.228.aamm
14:12:40 [sandro]
mhausenblas: DERI would be happy to host it
14:12:44 [Dean]
??: DERI would be happy to host the next f2f
14:12:52 [bhyland]
@mhausenblas thank you for the offer
14:12:56 [gatemezi]
+1 for Europe also..
14:12:58 [Dean]
Who is speaking?
14:13:00 [raphael]
+1 for DERI hosting a European F2F meeting of GLD
14:13:17 [bkaempgen]
+1 for DERI hosting a European F2F meeting of GLD
14:13:17 [sandro]
mhausenblas, Dean
14:13:19 [Dean]
mhasenblas: DERI has experience hosting, near a hub
14:13:34 [raphael]
14:13:45 [Dean]
PROPOSED: Next F2F at DERI in Galway
14:13:54 [gatemezi]
+1 for DERI
14:13:54 [Dean]
Sandro: REquests good weather
14:13:58 [dpe]
dpe has joined #gld
14:14:06 [Dean]
ACTION @Sandro: Arrange good weather in IReland for F2F
14:14:06 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - @Sandro
14:14:07 [bhyland]
Action: set up poll for next F2F with respective possible hosts
14:14:07 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - set
14:14:30 [Simpson_2]
maybe sync with semtech UK ?
14:14:35 [dpe]
test of irc, ignore this
14:14:41 [dpe]
dpe is David Price
14:14:45 [Dean]
Sandro: ask chairs to propose dates
14:15:02 [HadleyBeeman]
14:15:04 [Dean]
George: When is SemTech UK. A: Sept 26-27
14:15:19 [sandro]
ack HadleyBeeman
14:15:29 [raphael]
On 22-23 Sept, there is the Strata conf in US
14:15:50 [sandro]
HadleyBeeman: we can't host, but can help with london organizing if it ends up here
14:15:58 [Dean]
George: Move on to next agenda
14:16:05 [wbrafford]
zakim, please unmute wbrafford
14:16:05 [Zakim]
wbrafford should no longer be muted
14:16:13 [sandro]
topic: Community Directory
14:16:17 [Dean]
George: Ask about community directory
14:16:38 [Dean]
wbrafford: Reveletyx in MD Community Directory
14:16:46 [Dean]
...: Wiki page stage
14:17:21 [bhyland]
14:17:23 [Dean]
...: Considering controlled vocabulary. Proposing Knoodl for online collaboration
14:18:25 [Dean]
Bern: Good idea. Flip side: Need simple, lightweight system. Err on the side of rough consesnsus and simplicity rather than complexity of vocabulary
14:18:43 [Dean]
...: Chairs discuss offer to host Calamachus (sp?) instance
14:19:11 [George]
14:19:12 [Dean]
...: open source
14:19:37 [Dean]
...: Offer to show simple vocabulary example
14:20:04 [bhyland]
14:20:08 [Dean]
...: Deliverable in Sept time frame (community directory)
14:20:20 [wbrafford]
If anyone wants to take a look at Knoodl, it's
14:20:43 [annew]
annew has joined #gld
14:20:44 [Dean]
George: wiki has brainstorm classifications already about what sort of info we want to capture i the directory
14:20:50 [Steeman]
Steeman has joined #gld
14:21:01 [bhyland]
Callimachus (kəlĭm'əkəs) is a framework for data-driven applications based on principles. Callimachus allows Web authors to quickly and easily create semantically-enabled Web applications.
14:21:24 [mhausenblas]
q+ to suggest to let the chairs sort that out - can we talk about content, pls
14:21:52 [Dean]
George: Proposal to start with Knoodl first then move on to Callamachus?
14:21:58 [cygri]
14:21:59 [gatemezi]
Concerning the comDir, how in practice to contact agencies?
14:22:07 [bhyland]
14:22:19 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:22:19 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to suggest to let the chairs sort that out - can we talk about content, pls
14:22:44 [Dean]
mhausenblas: I know many tools, can we focus on content, insteade of tools?
14:23:03 [Dean]
...: W3C provides infrastuructre, not a topic for this discussion
14:23:11 [Cory-c]
14:23:42 [raphael]
I have used in the past, and it can sometimes be a mess ! I did have data loss as well :-( I would not recommend it
14:24:12 [Dean]
Cory: No bias on tools, invites others to join in.
14:24:14 [bhyland]
14:24:36 [bhyland]
14:24:44 [Dean]
George: asks William for action item from current status
14:24:58 [bhyland]
14:25:04 [Dean]
wbrafford: Not sure where to go, big list of info to collect, how to go from list to something else
14:25:06 [Cory-c]
14:25:15 [Dean]
...: pilot? Or what next step?
14:25:15 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:25:25 [sandro]
q+ to agree pilot project
14:25:36 [Dean]
George: Look at wiki, content from f2f, then do the usual thign. DOes term URI exist? Do we want to put it into wiki?
14:25:47 [Dean]
Bern: If anyone ahs requirements, please put into Wiki.
14:26:21 [Dean]
...: Won't discuss tooling, she's already done a Callamachus, will EC2 to show to others. She is driving from wiki reqts. Can do activities in parallel,
14:26:38 [Dean]
...: If we don't use others, we can do voc creation in Callamacchus. She'll show it next week.
14:27:00 [Dean]
Sandro: I'd like tos ee questionnaire on Wikipage for what questions we are asking
14:27:17 [Dean]
...: phrased in a way that someone who knows nothing about vocs or rdf could type it in
14:27:25 [Dean]
...: get volunteers
14:27:38 [Dean]
George: Look at brainstorming section, what sector, what website, etc.
14:27:53 [Dean]
Sandro: Once we get people filling that out, we'll get refinement and know what explanatory text goes with them
14:28:38 [Dean]
George: Simple "draw us the graph" whether exisitng voc or onewe are coming up with is to help new folks, viz may be more meaningful than URIs
14:28:45 [rickmurphy]
14:28:49 [bhyland]
14:29:06 [Dean]
George: action from sandro, to get volunteers for questionnaire
14:29:13 [rickmurphy]
ready to report on outreach
14:29:29 [Dean]
rickmurphy: Ready to report on outreach
14:29:33 [Dean]
14:29:47 [mhausenblas]
14:29:48 [wbrafford]
14:29:55 [Dean]
14:30:27 [Dean]
George: Action for wbrafford to solicit volunteers to make question form of the info that was captured in teh discussion summary, to help drive us toward thinking of terms, URIs and vocabularies
14:30:34 [Dean]
...: Do it with this or another wiki page
14:30:35 [wbrafford]
ack me
14:30:54 [Dean]
wbrafford: I can go through info so far, make questionnaire, talk to chairs about soliciting answers.
14:31:01 [Dean]
George: sounds great
14:31:16 [Dean]
wbrafford: will make questions for 4 things, deployments, contractors, products
14:31:21 [Dean]
...: outreach from rmurphy
14:31:29 [Dean]
George: acks Rick
14:31:48 [Dean]
rmurphy: links on main page from last meeting: Technology policy leader and civil society
14:32:03 [gatemezi]
I could help William for questionnaires
14:32:07 [Dean]
...: Others are welcome to fill in info they have on governance, who leaders are we'd like to outreach
14:32:08 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:32:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, rick, wbrafford, Sandro, Leonard, mhausenblas, hadley, Dean, Price, cory-c, davidwood, Simpson_2, +1.410.224.aajj, raphael
14:32:11 [Zakim]
... (muted), druidsmith, +1.240.228.aamm
14:32:12 [Dean]
...: what organizations and topics
14:32:13 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris, cygri
14:32:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ZacharyWhitley, Steeman, annew, dpe, druidsmith, HadleyBeeman, Dean, gatemezi, lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy,
14:32:17 [Zakim]
... George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri, sandro, trackbot
14:32:41 [Dean]
...: if you look at tech policy leaders page, Rick has filled in ... public sector information and open data
14:32:52 [Dean]
...: Wnats to have enough to start further dicussion aobut outreach
14:32:55 [Dean]
...: Close to doing that.
14:33:09 [Dean]
...: doon't want to develop complete list on where to start
14:33:18 [Dean]
...: we see activities arleady starting in pblic sector
14:33:26 [Dean]
...: e.g. State dept last week meeting on Open Data
14:33:42 [Dean]
...: Think about engagemetn plan, structure outreach
14:34:05 [Dean]
Bern: Rick, can you provide more guidance than identifying policy leaders?
14:34:38 [Dean]
...: There's a list from recent meeting in Brazil
14:35:02 [Dean]
...: What's the point? Transparency? These are the people to talk to? Extend invitation? What is the point of the list? Please provide more guidance for use of the list
14:35:14 [Dean]
rmurphy: Want to understand concern
14:35:39 [Dean]
...: Identification of otureach in charter. Not privy to original planning. Must be some ideas for how outreach should be conducted?
14:35:59 [Dean]
Bern: Was part of charter planning. We see it needs to be addressed, working group members have task to figure it out.
14:36:18 [HadleyBeeman]
+1 to Bernadette's point. I can help identify people in the UK if I can work out who we're looking for.
14:36:22 [Dean]
...: Put ideas there, so we can agree or disagree
14:36:35 [Dean]
...: Maybe we want people below the top levels, the "doers"
14:36:54 [Dean]
...: Bosses speaking, doers hearing the needs and can form better policy around e.g., gov't linked data
14:37:06 [Dean]
...: If you have any ideas, what's here now leaves me ocld
14:37:16 [Dean]
...: Anis Chopra, is a spokesperson
14:37:30 [Dean]
rmurphy: that is part of formulating an outreach plan might be
14:37:43 [Dean]
...: A good place to start a discussion on the listserve to build consesnus on plan
14:37:53 [Dean]
Bern: Try to enlist question on this call to have a core group
14:38:19 [Dean]
...: in earlier effort, we had a number of people on this call, get a core gorup of 2 or 3, so rmurphy isn't the only one
14:38:26 [Steeman]
I'll volunteer
14:38:29 [Dean]
George: That sounds great, take conversation to listserv
14:38:52 [Dean]
...: Largely tied to procurement, this engagement plan is good, but is a differnet dimension
14:38:59 [Dean]
...: we'll start with listserve
14:39:24 [wbrafford]
zakim, please mute wbrafford
14:39:24 [Zakim]
wbrafford should now be muted
14:39:42 [Dean]
Topic: Best Practices
14:39:49 [mhausenblas]
14:39:57 [Dean]
George: Who is Best Practices lead?
14:40:03 [Dean]
Bern: More than one item, more than one person
14:40:05 [mhausenblas]
14:40:11 [bhyland]
14:40:11 [Dean]
...: Look at BP summary page
14:40:29 [Simpson_2]
14:40:35 [Dean]
...: we have many of these people on the call
14:40:38 [lrosenth]
14:40:46 [rickmurphy]
14:40:48 [lrosenth]
14:40:51 [Dean]
...: use this call to have michael or TQ to comment on the items on this list
14:41:01 [Dean]
George: Time check. 20 mins out
14:41:14 [Dean]
...: Use it on second deliverable, or also third (Vocabularies)?
14:41:31 [rickmurphy]
+1 vocabs
14:41:43 [Dean]
...: Work on BP, see how far we get.
14:42:07 [mhausenblas]
14:42:14 [Dean]
Bern: How does voc seledction in BP related to vocabularies where we do have people listed (no one listed here)
14:42:18 [druidsmith]
14:42:19 [cygri]
14:42:25 [Dean]
...: Are these the same XXX never mind
14:42:44 [Dean]
...: reached out to Jim Hendler, has noone to appoint to this WG
14:43:03 [Dean]
...: URI construction work drafted by
14:43:17 [Dean]
...: RPI stuff, we do have some content around this, its more about documenting and putting it together and reviewing it
14:43:20 [mhausenblas]
14:43:29 [raphael]
Datalift (French project) will soon publish a document about URI design pattern ... inspired from a comparison of various
14:43:30 [Dean]
...: Does anyone want to own this point?
14:43:40 [Dean]
...: Not going to get work from RPI in near future
14:44:02 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:44:13 [sandro]
14:44:25 [Dean]
mhausenblas: Volunteer to edit the draft, contribute to all of them, not really care about details, volunteer to be an editor, with anyone else.
14:44:42 [Dean]
Bern: Thank you michael, to move it forward so that it doesn't languish.
14:44:56 [Dean]
Bern: Vocabulary selection and URI construction (unless m disagrees)
14:45:03 [Dean]
mhausenblas: Agreed.
14:45:24 [Dean]
Bern: Versioning related to data^3. RPI has noone to offer for this
14:45:41 [Dean]
...: specify how to publish data, differnt time periods, different vocs, retracting.
14:45:46 [Dean]
14:45:53 [HadleyBeeman]
14:46:10 [Simpson_2]
14:46:16 [raphael]
Raphael: gatemezi (Ghislain from EURECOM) also agrees to co-edit the document about URI design pattern with Michael
14:46:16 [Dean]
Dean: See if TQ has insight for Versioning, will report by
14:46:21 [Cory-c]
Yes, some experiance in versioning - more on the user side
14:46:24 [Dean]
Dean: s/by/back/
14:46:43 [raphael]
14:46:56 [cygri]
14:46:59 [Dean]
Bern: Stabiliy, Ann
14:47:04 [dpe]
I'm willing to contribute to legacy data and vocab items for TopQuadrant
14:47:19 [Dean]
...: Irene on Legacy. Any news?
14:47:21 [dpe]
14:47:46 [Dean]
David: willing to contribute to Legacy and Vocabulary
14:47:52 [mhausenblas]
14:47:55 [HadleyBeeman]
On versioning: We're currently establishing policies on versioning, so grappling with a lot of those issues. I'm happy to help on that.
14:47:56 [Dean]
Bern: mhausenblas Voc Selection, or other Voc?
14:48:06 [Dean]
Dpe: Unclear - need to determine which one
14:48:27 [Dean]
Bern: Put david's name next to voc and legacy
14:48:38 [Dean]
Bern: Put Bern next to Linked Data Cookbook
14:48:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.270.aann
14:48:45 [Simpson_2]
14:48:48 [ZacharyWhitley]
I'm willing to contribute to legacy data and vocab items
14:48:48 [Dean]
14:48:58 [Steeman]
Would be interested in legacy as well.
14:49:03 [Dean]
Bern: Confirm Michael as ed for WD
14:49:16 [Dean]
Bern: will take this to email for report next week
14:49:17 [rickmurphy]
14:49:21 [mhausenblas]
Michael: actually should be ED (Editor's Draft)
14:49:22 [dpe]
14:49:23 [Dean]
George: recognizes rosenthal
14:49:46 [Dean]
lrosenth: Wants to discuss BP are "using W3C Standards" to increase interop
14:49:58 [Dean]
...: Why limit only to W3C standards, and not open standards from other bodies
14:50:10 [Dean]
Bern: encoursage Sandro to answer
14:50:43 [Dean]
Sandro: Agree with sentiment, open is important. "Open Standard" has no precise meaning, lot of figh over that, e.g., "patents", could be clarified what we mean there.
14:51:04 [Dean]
lrosenth: could we change language to be more wide-reaching. Agere, we want standards that are acceptably open
14:51:19 [raphael]
14:51:27 [Dean]
...: Problem is "what is open" defined by context, gov't, goal should be to deliver something usably by as many as possible, regardless of the body
14:51:32 [raphael]
14:51:34 [bhyland]
14:51:40 [raphael]
zakim, ack lrosenth
14:51:40 [Zakim]
I see HadleyBeeman, raphael, Simpson_, rickmurphy, bhyland on the speaker queue
14:51:42 [lrosenth]
14:52:08 [Dean]
HadleyBeeman: Versioning, we're working on versioning for british gov't will be happy to contribute
14:52:21 [Cory-c]
Standards for vocabularies are not just W3C: There are a lot of vocabularies, models, etc. in other organizations that can be represented as LOD
14:52:26 [bhyland]
@hadleybeeman thank you for volunteering. noted.
14:52:54 [mhausenblas]
+1 to raphael's suggestion re
14:52:55 [Dean]
raphael: Eurecom - looking for people to various docs - french has deliverable for URI patterns. This could be input for URI document.
14:53:20 [rickmurphy]
I have added a page to the wiki called semiotics for linked data as a partial response to "Why the Semantic Web Will Never Work"
14:53:24 [mhausenblas]
Michael: sandro, I don't have CVS access to the module WWW/2011/gld
14:53:31 [raphael]
zakim, ack me
14:53:31 [Zakim]
I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_, rickmurphy, bhyland on the speaker queue
14:53:34 [Dean]
Bern: Clarified adds to editors on Wiki to respond to this
14:53:36 [ZacharyWhitley]
my impression is that the us govt thinks of open as in BSD not as in GPL
14:53:42 [HadleyBeeman]
14:53:46 [mhausenblas]
... hence I can't put the ED there - can you check pls, sandro?
14:54:06 [Dean]
rickmurphy: Added page to wiki about semiotics for linked data
14:55:07 [Dean]
Simpson_: Reading and listening, first time at this group, interested in helping out in BP, not sure where to jump in. I thinkn I link Linked Data Cookbook, love to volunteer, not sure where to put his name
14:55:10 [Simpson_2]
14:55:11 [Simpson_2]
14:55:16 [rickmurphy]
14:55:47 [Zakim]
14:55:47 [Dean]
Bern: @l "Why W3C standards?" Only so much a group can be expert in. We won't entertain changes to charter
14:56:13 [George]
14:56:13 [bhyland]
14:56:15 [Dean]
lrosenth: Saw this on BP page, not in charter. He'd love to see charter, to see how it is related.
14:56:28 [mhausenblas]
14:56:35 [bhyland]
14:56:35 [mhausenblas]
14:56:42 [Dean]
George: BP conclusion not finished, but clarified participation.
14:56:46 [ZacharyWhitley]
What about converting Oasis standards to RDF?
14:56:52 [Dean]
...: Thanks. Let's review Action Items
14:57:16 [bhyland]
Topic: Best Practices - volunteers to help move the Deliverables forward:
14:57:17 [bhyland]
•Procurement: Katherine Goodier(L3 Communications)
14:57:17 [bhyland]
•Vocabulary Selection: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM, David Price (TopQuadrant)
14:57:17 [bhyland]
•URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI)
14:57:17 [bhyland]
•Versioning (related to Data "Cube") Dean (TopQuadrant), Cory-C, Hadley Beeman
14:57:17 [bhyland]
•Stability: Anne Washington (George Mason University)
14:57:19 [bhyland]
•Legacy Data: David Price (TopQuadrant)
14:57:21 [bhyland]
•Cookbook for Linked Data: Bernadette Hyland (3 Round Stones), Bart (Netherlands)
14:57:23 [bhyland]
•Editor for the Working Draft: Michael Hausenblas (DERI)
14:57:28 [Dean]
George: are we all on track for dates
14:57:34 [rickmurphy]
action: rick will lead an outreach discussion on the wiki
14:57:34 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - rick
14:57:47 [mhausenblas]
s/Editor for the Working Draft/Editor for the Editor's Draft
14:57:52 [Dean]
Bern: Take this up after going through deliverables. 2.3 Vocabularies, then we should ask about dates in next meeting
14:58:02 [Dean]
...: Probably publications already in this area
14:58:08 [raphael]
s/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI)/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM)
14:58:09 [Dean]
...: Others might want to push them out
14:58:13 [lrosenth]
@bhyland - there is nothing in the charter that limits/restricts what technologies from what organizations will be chosen.
14:58:24 [Dean]
...: Get through all sections before reviewing dates.
14:58:45 [mhausenblas]
s/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM)/URI Construction: Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM), Michael Hausenblas (DERI)
14:58:47 [Dean]
George: Announcements?
14:59:06 [Dean]
Bern: AAAI Symposium on Govt Linked data, she'll post details to group
14:59:26 [Dean]
...: COntributors to Linked Gov Data book plus international
15:00:05 [cygri]
15:00:09 [cygri]
start from there
15:00:39 [bkaempgen]
15:01:09 [sandro]
15:01:11 [cygri]
sandro, if you want i can take care of the minutes
15:01:28 [Simpson_2]
bhyland, did you get my mail ?
15:01:29 [Zakim]
15:01:33 [Zakim]
- +1.410.224.aajj
15:01:33 [bkaempgen]
15:01:37 [Zakim]
15:01:42 [dpe]
dpe has left #gld
15:01:45 [Zakim]
15:01:47 [Zakim]
15:01:49 [Zakim]
15:01:50 [bhyland]
@simpson-2 yes, I will respond by email
15:01:57 [Zakim]
- +1.202.270.aann
15:01:59 [Simpson_2]
bhyland, excellent thx
15:02:02 [Simpson_2]
by all
15:02:09 [Zakim]
15:02:12 [George]
@MH - cool lifecycle stuff :)
15:02:21 [Zakim]
15:02:51 [annew]
bye bye
15:03:01 [bkaempgen]
15:03:09 [Zakim]
15:03:21 [Zakim]
15:04:16 [Zakim]
15:05:20 [Zakim]
15:06:18 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:06:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George, Sandro, davidwood, raphael, druidsmith, +1.240.228.aamm
15:07:40 [Zakim]
- +1.240.228.aamm
15:07:41 [Zakim]
15:07:41 [Zakim]
15:07:41 [Zakim]
15:07:43 [Zakim]
15:07:44 [Zakim]
15:07:48 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:07:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were +49.721.aaaa, +1.540.645.aabb, +1.202.690.aacc, +1.757.604.aadd, +1.202.557.aaee, +1.704.302.aaff, wbrafford, Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, +1.440.389.aahh,
15:07:57 [Zakim]
... +1.703.992.aaii, tina, davidwood, Gerald, George, cory-c, hadley, bkaempgen, boris, Simpson_2, +1.410.224.aajj, +, cygri, raphael, rick, Leonard,
15:08:04 [Zakim]
... +1.202.566.aall, Dean, Price, druidsmith, +1.240.228.aamm, +1.202.270.aann
15:11:00 [bhyland]
<davidwood> is <bhyland>
15:17:39 [bhyland]
zakim davidwood is me
15:34:53 [raphael]
raphael has left #gld
17:23:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
18:22:45 [Dean]
Dean has joined #gld
18:28:30 [Dean]
Dean has left #gld
19:03:49 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld