IRC log of dap on 2011-07-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:14:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
07:14:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-irc
07:14:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
07:14:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
07:14:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
07:14:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP(WGF2F)2:00AM scheduled to start 74 minutes ago
07:14:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
07:14:44 [trackbot]
Date: 21 July 2011
07:16:20 [ernesto_jimenez]
Present+ Ernesto_Jimenez
07:17:05 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
07:17:18 [fjh]
trackbot, start telecon
07:17:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
07:17:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
07:17:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP(WGF2F)2:00AM scheduled to start 77 minutes ago
07:17:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
07:17:23 [trackbot]
Date: 21 July 2011
07:18:27 [SungOk_You]
Present+ SungOk_You
07:18:41 [francois]
Present+ Francois_Daoust
07:18:52 [robin]
robin has joined #dap
07:19:03 [francois]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
07:19:05 [robin]
zakim, who's on the call?
07:19:05 [Zakim]
UW_DAP(WGF2F)2:00AM has not yet started, robin
07:19:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see robin, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, johnson, SungOk_You, ernesto_jimenez, cmarc, francois, wmaslowski, homata_, lgombos, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
07:19:13 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
07:19:21 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref has joined #dap
07:19:22 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
07:19:25 [Josh_Soref]
present+ Josh_Soref
07:19:32 [lgombos_]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
07:19:39 [Kihong_Kwon]
Kihong_Kwon has joined #dap
07:19:41 [fjh]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_19,_20,_21_July_2011,_Paris
07:19:50 [Kihong_Kwon]
Present+ Kihong_Kwon
07:20:34 [bryan]
bryan has joined #dap
07:20:46 [bryan]
present+ Sullivan_Bryan
07:21:30 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #dap
07:21:49 [ceyrigno]
ceyrigno has joined #dap
07:21:58 [kyungtak]
kyungtak has joined #dap
07:22:05 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
07:22:09 [kyungtak]
Present+ Kyung-Tak_Lee
07:22:13 [wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
07:22:15 [jgiraud]
Present+ Jerome_Giraud
07:22:31 [robin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/DeviceAPICharter
07:24:11 [Youngsun]
Youngsun has joined #dap
07:24:40 [Youngsun]
Present+ Youngsun_Ryu
07:26:09 [shan]
shan has joined #dap
07:26:37 [fjh]
ScribeNick: ingmar
07:26:59 [fjh]
Topic: Continued review of deliverables in draft Charter (rechartered)
07:27:26 [fjh]
discussion of what should be exposed to application and what should not, with example of reading audio volume
07:28:26 [Josh_Soref]
I don't think that the Application needs to know anything about Audio Levels
07:28:38 [Josh_Soref]
If it wants to show or have the option of showing Captions, it should just do so
07:28:40 [bryan]
Anything that is typical of user behavior, e.g. turning off data usage when roaming, does not need to be an API.
07:29:31 [Josh_Soref]
[charter-item] An API to read the current audio volume level of a device
07:29:52 [ingmar]
present+ Ingmar_Kliche
07:31:03 [shan]
Present+ Soonbo_Han
07:32:18 [ingmar]
fjh: I hear consesus that the volume read API might be another charter item which we will not work on
07:32:41 [robin]
http://w3c-test.org/dap/proposals/request-feature/
07:32:52 [fjh]
s/consesus/consensus/
07:35:18 [ingmar]
fjh: introducer is on our list of things to do
07:36:59 [ingmar]
fjh: regarding privacy there are different rules in US/Canada and the EU, we might need to look at this
07:39:54 [ingmar]
<discussion about the charter and if we need to work on all deliverables>
07:41:06 [ingmar]
robin: the charter defines the bounderies for the IPRs, it does not oblige to work on a specific deliverable
07:41:37 [ingmar]
TOPIC: Review of APIs that are not making progress
07:41:52 [fjh]
Gallery, http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/gallery/
07:42:23 [ingmar]
wonsuk: had an action item to review the gallery API
07:42:49 [ingmar]
... need to do elaborate on use cases and requirements
07:43:24 [ingmar]
... will provide input for the use cases and requirements section until end of August
07:44:07 [ingmar]
robin: it will be interesting to look at Gallery API on how it could work with the HTTP approach
07:44:09 [fjh]
ACTION-216?
07:44:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-216 -- WonSuk Lee to reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
07:44:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/216
07:44:45 [fjh]
ACTION-368?
07:44:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-368 -- WonSuk Lee to collect and summarize current use cases for Gallery API and includes a draft doc -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
07:44:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/368
07:45:26 [fjh]
ACTION-314?
07:45:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-314 -- Anssi Kostiainen to react on media gallery use cases -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
07:45:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/314
07:45:40 [fjh]
aCTION-216 closed
07:45:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API closed
07:46:16 [ingmar]
wonsuk: will work on ACTION-368 until end of August
07:46:23 [fjh]
ACTION-216: first need to review use cases and requirements, see ACTION-368, then decide on next steps
07:46:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API notes added
07:48:07 [ingmar]
fjh: there was a decision at the last TPAC to kill AppLauncher, we should remove it from the DAP page
07:49:07 [fjh]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/privacy-rulesets/
07:50:28 [ingmar]
TOPIC: HTTP-based APIs (based on WebKit feedback)
07:51:13 [ingmar]
robin: we received feedback that some of the APIs we designed might be candidates for HTTP based APIs.
07:51:47 [ingmar]
... we discussed this at least a year ago and didn't reach consensus on a generic approach
07:53:30 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
07:53:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
07:53:50 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: it should be relatively straight forward to do a limited binding for HTTP
07:53:56 [robin]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/
07:54:35 [ingmar]
bryan: we should have a short discussion on the rational
07:54:47 [fjh]
s/rational/rationale
07:54:56 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
07:54:56 [Zakim]
UW_DAP(WGF2F)2:00AM has not yet started, fjh
07:54:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see shan, Youngsun, jgiraud, kyungtak, ceyrigno, wonsuk, bryan, Kihong_Kwon, Josh_Soref, lgombos_, robin, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, johnson, SungOk_You, ernesto_jimenez,
07:54:59 [Zakim]
... cmarc, francois, homata_, lgombos, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
07:55:02 [robin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jan/0061.html
07:55:56 [bryan]
Also http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jul/0083.html
07:56:31 [lgombos_]
also related - https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2011-July/017621.html
07:57:34 [ingmar]
robin: if we would not define an API we would exclude a lot of services (as the browser would only have integration of the local contacts and probably a small list of providers)
07:58:53 [ingmar]
s/providers/HTTP based data sources
07:59:51 [ingmar]
bryan: points out that JS libraries could be used to access different HTTP based data sources
08:02:20 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: accessing the datasources using JS has security implications
08:04:35 [ingmar]
bryan: we started to develop an API for local data sources such as contacts and now discussing a generic API for network based data sources. This is a change in scope.
08:05:16 [fjh]
two models - direct access to local or web based providers, vs all access mediated by local that then syncs with others as needed
08:07:09 [homata]
homata has joined #dap
08:11:46 [ingmar]
<discussion on what you could do with JS vs. what should be implemented in the browser>
08:13:33 [ingmar]
bryan: makes the point that we started to do simple things for local services, we should keep things simple and not make it more complex by involving network based services
08:17:28 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: a network based API could be valuable if they use e.g. network based access to the local contact database, i.e. the local database would be handled in the same way as a network based data source
08:17:57 [ingmar]
s/they/the browsers
08:25:10 [ingmar]
robin: will start to write a first WebIDL mapping and Josh will help and review
08:26:11 [ingmar]
fjh: what does it mean for the contacts spec? Do we need to change something?
08:26:32 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: we might need to add some fields
08:33:11 [fjh]
discussion - if we move away from javascript + idl approach then idl would only serve as developer documentation, code directly written to access web info, no tool for pre-processing?
08:33:35 [fjh]
this suggests that this approach would require something like web introducer to achieve complete api, including security etc?
08:33:54 [fjh]
discussion as to whether this is actually simpler for developer
08:39:39 [fjh]
I am concerned that we are making many assumptions in this assumption about what the browser/ua will do yet if that is not specified it may not occur.
08:39:49 [fjh]
This could be an issue for privacy, user consent etc
08:40:17 [fjh]
How can we require implementation of both web introducer and a contacts spec in combination - a conformance requirement document?
08:41:25 [bryan]
bryan too
08:41:39 [Josh_Soref]
s/bryan too//
08:42:20 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: want the UA to allow the user to synthesize a contact instead of only taking it from existing data sources
08:44:56 [ingmar]
robin: synthesizing contacts is an implementation detail
08:45:20 [Josh_Soref]
[ I provided the example of me going to a street fair and being asked to drop in a card into a Bowl for a contest ]
08:45:46 [Josh_Soref]
[ I could take my own business card from my wallet, or some other card I collected, or I could write down some items onto a piece of paper and drop that in. ]
08:45:52 [fjh]
interface changes and performance concerns?
08:46:03 [Josh_Soref]
[ I could even write out some items from an existing card, or cross items out from a card ]
08:46:39 [fjh]
synthesized contact = returning portion of information from contact, effectively creating a virtual contact
08:47:15 [fjh]
robin - performance issue could be naive implementation, using HTTP locally with overhead etc.
08:55:04 [fjh]
ISSUE: how would feature discovery work for REST APIs
08:55:04 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-118 - How would feature discovery work for REST APIs ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/118/edit .
08:55:43 [bryan]
For a URL-based approach, browser processing (e.g. what is returned in XHR response) would need to be clearly defined
08:55:46 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to respond to fjh
08:55:51 [Josh_Soref]
q-
08:55:52 [bryan]
How a URL-based approach (which would appear to be directly usable by developers) would work with existing auth scheme such as OAuth would need to be addressed in the spec.
08:56:11 [Josh_Soref]
q+ to respond to fjh to explain that the http approach means less work for Browser vendors which increases likelyhood of them implementing
08:56:25 [Josh_Soref]
ack me
08:56:25 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref, you wanted to respond to fjh to explain that the http approach means less work for Browser vendors which increases likelyhood of them implementing
08:57:19 [ingmar]
fjh: the HTTP approach would add more complexity on the definition of the API
08:57:51 [ernesto_jimenez]
q+ to ask josh for clarification on the HTTP approach he has in mind
08:59:31 [bryan]
With a URL-based approach, it would be more likely that developers would make errors in creating the URLs - this is the same issue as using MIME type attributes to define video capture API options.
08:59:54 [bryan]
We would have to use caution to avoid duplicating similar RESTful API work, e.g. the OMA/OneAPI APIs.
09:00:21 [robin]
https://github.com/andreasgal/dom.js/blob/master/tools/idl2domjs -> idl2js
09:00:30 [lgombos_]
bryan - can you drop in a link for OneAPI (for contacts)
09:00:35 [ingmar]
fjh: the discussion would benefit from an example, we need to think about security, privacy, discovery
09:00:49 [fjh]
in walking through the example
09:01:07 [fjh]
q?
09:01:09 [bryan]
q+
09:01:12 [fjh]
ack ernesto
09:01:12 [Zakim]
ernesto_jimenez, you wanted to ask josh for clarification on the HTTP approach he has in mind
09:03:32 [fjh]
q+
09:03:57 [bryan]
Overall there seems to be little difference in the expected implementation cost.
09:05:42 [bryan]
Do we expect other groups to move in this direction as well, e.g. why doesn't the File API use the URL approach? What about IndexedDB etc?
09:06:08 [fjh]
good question - how is a remote database handled?
09:06:53 [bryan]
Do we expect a general move away from both markup and Javascript APIs? Why do we need the <audio> tag when we can have an audio:// URL to invoke the same API?
09:07:05 [fjh]
general question is one of uniformity of approach across webapps, dap, HTML5 etc
09:07:38 [robin]
q?
09:08:25 [fjh]
ack bryan
09:08:51 [bryan]
Link to OneAPI: https://oneapi.aepona.com/authsec/portal/tws_gsma/Resources/Library
09:11:02 [ernesto_jimenez]
I asked about the implications of using an HTTP API vs a Javascript API. Robin pointed out that using a restful approach doesn't require browser code necessarily. I pointed out that HTTP access to contacts we can do already and we would just be standardising the HTTP interface from the server side, if we want browser UI, device contacts, etc. you need to write code in the browser no matter if the API is JavaScript or HTTP
09:11:41 [ingmar]
Josh_Soref: the reason why there is a audio element is that the object element was a desaster
09:11:47 [Josh_Soref]
s/desaster/disaster/
09:35:41 [fjh]
I suggest issues of uniformity can be handled by TAG, also architecture approach
09:35:54 [lgombos_]
q+
09:36:50 [robin]
ACTION: Frederick to raise the HTTP vs JS architectural issue with the TAG
09:36:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-441 - Raise the HTTP vs JS architectural issue with the TAG [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-07-28].
09:37:10 [bryan]
Between the (at least) three approaches to defining APIs (declarative, procedural, RESTful), which one is used needs to be based upon rationales that are commonly understood (e.g. communicated by TAG) and used by the W3C groups in consistent ways to guide their API development.
09:38:00 [fjh]
q?
09:38:37 [fjh]
short term plan - review example of REST API for contacts review and look for issues
09:38:46 [fjh]
ack fjh
09:38:59 [robin]
ACTION: Robin to produce a REST binding example for Contacts (client, server, protocol)
09:38:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-442 - Produce a REST binding example for Contacts (client, server, protocol) [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-07-28].
09:39:01 [bryan]
q+
09:39:03 [fjh]
ack lgombos_
09:39:15 [ingmar]
robin: we need to ask the TAG about some general issues, for the short term we can work on the HTTP binding for contacts
09:40:14 [ingmar]
robin: we don't know at the moment on how to select the URL, the assumption for the moment is that the URL available
09:40:31 [fjh]
laszlo - have specific fixed URL or variable/pluggable URL
09:41:00 [fjh]
robin also notes this is where web introducer
09:41:13 [lgombos_]
q-
09:41:24 [fjh]
ack bryan
09:42:16 [ingmar]
bryan: does our work towards a REST binding mean that we move away from a JS binding?
09:43:41 [ingmar]
robin: if we find that the REST approach is a good way to go we will follow this, but anybody could also do a JS or even a Java binding
09:46:03 [fjh]
summary - what I suggested before that JS API is easier for developer, HTTP API offers other benefits
09:46:34 [ingmar]
bryan: I understand that the group shifts focus to REST, but I would prefer to have multiple bindings including JS
09:47:33 [ingmar]
fjh: we need to wait to have some more concrete examples to better understand the issues and decide on how to move on
09:47:58 [bryan]
q-
10:55:33 [francois]
francois has joined #dap
10:57:28 [johnson]
johnson has joined #dap
10:57:45 [johnson]
Present+ Wang_Johnson
10:58:04 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #dap
10:59:46 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
11:02:42 [ernesto_jimenez]
ernesto_jimenez has joined #dap
11:02:44 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
11:03:20 [robin]
zakim, who's here?
11:03:20 [Zakim]
UW_DAP(WGF2F)2:00AM has not yet started, robin
11:03:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, ernesto_jimenez, lgombos_, wonsuk, johnson, francois, shan, Youngsun, ceyrigno, bryan, Kihong_Kwon, Josh_Soref, robin, Zakim, RRSAgent, lgombos, ilkka, ingmar,
11:03:23 [Zakim]
... dom, trackbot
11:04:15 [bryan]
hello
11:04:29 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Issue Review
11:04:38 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
11:04:39 [Josh_Soref]
ScribeNick: Josh_Soref
11:04:42 [Josh_Soref]
Scribe: Josh_Soref
11:04:50 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:04:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:04:57 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/open
11:05:17 [fjh]
ISSUE-81?
11:05:17 [trackbot]
ISSUE-81 -- How to represent dates? ES has Date but with no TZ information; using strings is less than ideal; do we have to create a Web Dates specification? -- open
11:05:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/81
11:05:19 [Youngsun]
Youngsun has joined #dap
11:05:41 [robin_]
robin_ has joined #dap
11:05:47 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: that affects calendar
11:05:50 [Josh_Soref]
... so we can wait
11:05:53 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-87?
11:05:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-87 -- Degree of ruleset transmission with API calls, how often, which -- open
11:05:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/87
11:06:00 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-88?
11:06:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-88 -- User interaction for ruleset confirmation when multiple APIs are used to provide functionality, usability etc -- open
11:06:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/88
11:06:03 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-89?
11:06:03 [trackbot]
ISSUE-89 -- Clarify how rulesets interact with pre-existing relationships -- open
11:06:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/89
11:06:12 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I have an action, I'm going to look at them
11:06:13 [SungOk_You]
SungOk_You has joined #dap
11:06:20 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-92?
11:06:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 -- Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; -- open
11:06:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/92
11:06:52 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-96?
11:06:52 [trackbot]
ISSUE-96 -- Some properties of sysinfo are static so monitor might not make sense -- open
11:06:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/96
11:06:53 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: given where we're going with sysinfo, i'm not sure what we're doing with their issues
11:07:31 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: ISSUE-92, I'll follow up offline
11:07:54 [Josh_Soref]
... ISSUE-96 was Dom saying this would be moot if we reshape it
11:08:10 [Josh_Soref]
... So we're going to split things up into things like sensors
11:08:18 [Josh_Soref]
robin_: yeah, we can close 92 and 96
11:08:30 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-92 CLOSED
11:08:31 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; closed
11:08:35 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-96 CLOSED
11:08:35 [trackbot]
ISSUE-96 Some properties of sysinfo are static so monitor might not make sense closed
11:08:58 [fjh]
ISSUE-92: revisit when working on new specs dealing with this material
11:08:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-92 Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; notes added
11:09:16 [fjh]
ISSUE-96: revisit when working on new specs dealing with this material
11:09:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-96 Some properties of sysinfo are static so monitor might not make sense notes added
11:09:48 [fjh]
ISSUE-95?
11:09:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-95 -- Different regulatory environments and relationship to privacy and rulesets -- open
11:09:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/95
11:10:16 [fjh]
ACTION: fjh to review various ruleset issues and follow up
11:10:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-443 - Review various ruleset issues and follow up [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-07-28].
11:10:25 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-105?
11:10:25 [trackbot]
ISSUE-105 -- Should the capture hint in HTML Media Capture be specified through a MIME parameter? -- open
11:10:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/105
11:11:07 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: We'll leave this open on Dom, but it might be moot
11:11:11 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-107?
11:11:11 [trackbot]
ISSUE-107 -- How to better integrate URIs schemes in Messaging API -- open
11:11:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/107
11:11:21 [Josh_Soref]
robin: I think this one can be closed
11:11:23 [bryan_]
bryan_ has joined #dap
11:11:24 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ISSUE-107
11:11:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-107 How to better integrate URIs schemes in Messaging API closed
11:11:27 [fjh]
ISSUE-107: done
11:11:27 [trackbot]
ISSUE-107 How to better integrate URIs schemes in Messaging API notes added
11:11:36 [fjh]
ISSUE-113?
11:11:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-113 -- AddEventListener in Battery Status has side effects -- open
11:11:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/113
11:11:40 [robin]
we need to process http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/raised as well
11:11:53 [bryan_]
Replacing the OneAPI link I provided earlier, this one does not require a OneAPI developer account: https://oneapi.aepona.com/sec/portal/tws_gsma/Resources/Library
11:12:04 [fjh]
ISSUE-108?
11:12:04 [trackbot]
ISSUE-108 -- Should Contacts API have MUST instead of SHOULD for extended attributes, is this a general issue for all specs? -- raised
11:12:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/108
11:14:39 [johnson]
johnson has joined #dap
11:15:22 [Josh_Soref]
robin: oh, I now understand what it is
11:15:40 [robin]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/#extended-contact-properties-and-parameters
11:15:51 [Josh_Soref]
... we have a SHOULD for extensions having a vendor prefix
11:15:52 [fjh]
"Non-standard, private properties and parameters should have a prefixed name starting with X (U+0058 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER X) or use a vendor-specific prefix. Extended properties and parameters can be defined bilaterally between user agents without outside registration or standardization. "
11:16:33 [Josh_Soref]
robin: MUST would mean we'd need to be able to test it
11:16:52 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: we can actually test it by iterating over the object has own properties
11:17:11 [Josh_Soref]
... skipping properties we define.
11:17:27 [Josh_Soref]
... and skipping properties which have a prefix.
11:17:46 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: so let's make it a MUST ?
11:17:55 [Josh_Soref]
robin: I'm opening the spec so we can edit it
11:18:19 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: We will change the SHOULD to a MUST in the second paragraph of section 6
11:18:35 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:18:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:18:45 [fjh]
ISSUE-108: resolved by changing SHOULD to MUST in section 6
11:18:45 [trackbot]
ISSUE-108 Should Contacts API have MUST instead of SHOULD for extended contact properties, is this a general issue for all specs? notes added
11:18:49 [fjh]
ISSUE-108 closed
11:18:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-108 Should Contacts API have MUST instead of SHOULD for extended contact properties, is this a general issue for all specs? closed
11:19:12 [fjh]
ISSUE-109?
11:19:12 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 -- We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly -- open
11:19:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/109
11:20:00 [Josh_Soref]
robin: it's unclear that implementers want to do this
11:20:07 [Josh_Soref]
... there's been pushback from mozilla
11:20:18 [fjh]
ISSUE-109: closed
11:20:18 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly notes added
11:20:19 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: so... doing this should be based on what is right
11:20:33 [Josh_Soref]
robin: it would be good to have introductory use cases as we have for other specs
11:20:40 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we have an action item for that
11:20:40 [fjh]
ISSUE-109: will need new section on use cases and requirements, being added to all docs
11:20:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-109 We need solid use cases for Feat Perms if it's going to fly notes added
11:20:49 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-113?
11:20:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-113 -- AddEventListener in Battery Status has side effects -- open
11:20:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/113
11:20:56 [Josh_Soref]
ISSUE-114?
11:20:56 [trackbot]
ISSUE-114 -- Battery spec should note relative ordering of battery low versus battery critical in terms of criticality -- open
11:20:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/114
11:21:11 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: Action Review
11:21:21 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open
11:21:46 [fjh]
ACTION-148?
11:21:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-148 -- Bryan Sullivan to compare user interaction input with what already available in HTML5 / WebApps -- due 2010-03-25 -- OPEN
11:21:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/148
11:21:46 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-148?
11:21:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-148 -- Bryan Sullivan to compare user interaction input with what already available in HTML5 / WebApps -- due 2010-03-25 -- OPEN
11:21:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/148
11:21:50 [Kihong_Kwon_]
Kihong_Kwon_ has joined #dap
11:22:42 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-148
11:22:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-148 Compare user interaction input with what already available in HTML5 / WebApps closed
11:22:51 [Josh_Soref]
robin: we covered this in the recharter
11:22:58 [fjh]
ACTION-148: covered in rechartering
11:22:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-148 Compare user interaction input with what already available in HTML5 / WebApps notes added
11:23:13 [Josh_Soref]
s/in the recharter/by adjusting the charter for the new charter/
11:23:18 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-229?
11:23:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-229 -- Richard Tibbett to go through http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5546 and ensure the bindings provided map -- due 2010-10-22 -- OPEN
11:23:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/229
11:23:22 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-229
11:23:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-229 Go through http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5546 and ensure the bindings provided map closed
11:23:33 [Josh_Soref]
robin: we can close because richt looked at it and made changes
11:23:38 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-230?
11:23:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-230 -- Wojciech Maslowski to specify "add to calendar" based on ICS-objects opening -- due 2010-08-05 -- OPEN
11:23:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/230
11:23:39 [wonsuk_]
wonsuk_ has joined #dap
11:23:49 [Josh_Soref]
robin: that was from a writable-calendar
11:23:54 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-230
11:23:54 [robin]
issue-78?
11:23:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-230 Specify "add to calendar" based on ICS-objects opening closed
11:23:54 [trackbot]
ISSUE-78 -- Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) -- closed
11:23:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/78
11:24:08 [fjh]
ACTION-230: for writable calendar, group shifted to readable
11:24:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-230 Specify "add to calendar" based on ICS-objects opening notes added
11:24:09 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-251?
11:24:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 -- John Morris to review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture -- due 2010-10-20 -- OPEN
11:24:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/251
11:24:17 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-251
11:24:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-251 Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture closed
11:24:22 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-257?
11:24:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 -- Richard Tibbett to define what goes on for concurrent calls to find() when there is no error callback (and step three also needs to define that); then report to group so we can do the same to SysInfo get -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN
11:24:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/257
11:24:24 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-257
11:24:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 Define what goes on for concurrent calls to find() when there is no error callback (and step three also needs to define that); then report to group so we can do the same to SysInfo get closed
11:24:28 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-281?
11:24:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-281 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to take a stab at updating the API Requirements documents -- due 2011-05-10 -- OPEN
11:24:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/281
11:24:32 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-281
11:24:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-281 Take a stab at updating the API Requirements documents closed
11:24:39 [Josh_Soref]
robin: we've dropped that document in favor of events
11:24:43 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-297?
11:24:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-297 -- Robin Berjon to draft up TZDate -- due 2010-11-11 -- OPEN
11:24:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/297
11:24:45 [fjh]
ACTION-257: addressed in document
11:24:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-257 Define what goes on for concurrent calls to find() when there is no error callback (and step three also needs to define that); then report to group so we can do the same to SysInfo get notes added
11:24:48 [Josh_Soref]
robin: still open...
11:25:02 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-300?
11:25:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-300 -- Claes Nilsson to start working on use cases and requirements for video/audio conference à la <device> element -- due 2010-11-12 -- OPEN
11:25:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/300
11:25:11 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-300
11:25:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-300 Start working on use cases and requirements for video/audio conference à la <device> element closed
11:25:15 [Josh_Soref]
robin: this is now in the RTC WG
11:25:18 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-307?
11:25:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-307 -- Richard Tibbett to send email to list with resolutions for open issues against contacts, clarifying status -- due 2010-11-24 -- OPEN
11:25:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/307
11:25:20 [fjh]
ACTION-300: in RTC WG
11:25:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-300 Start working on use cases and requirements for video/audio conference à la <device> element notes added
11:25:21 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-307
11:25:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-307 Send email to list with resolutions for open issues against contacts, clarifying status closed
11:25:33 [Josh_Soref]
robin: because it was done
11:25:38 [Josh_Soref]
... email to the list sent
11:25:41 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-314?
11:25:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-314 -- Anssi Kostiainen to react on media gallery use cases -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN
11:25:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/314
11:26:10 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-314
11:26:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-314 React on media gallery use cases closed
11:26:14 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-315?
11:26:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-315 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into pop-up windows in Permissions draft -- due 2011-05-11 -- OPEN
11:26:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/315
11:26:48 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-320?
11:26:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-320 -- Richard Tibbett to make Calendar like Contacts in every possible way -- due 2010-12-22 -- OPEN
11:26:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/320
11:26:53 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-320
11:26:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-320 Make Calendar like Contacts in every possible way closed
11:26:56 [Josh_Soref]
robin: that's done...
11:27:00 [fjh]
ACTION-320: implemented
11:27:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-320 Make Calendar like Contacts in every possible way notes added
11:27:04 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-329?
11:27:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-329 -- Robin Berjon to maintain coordination with HTML+Speech on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0057.html; include Claes in the discussion -- due 2011-01-26 -- OPEN
11:27:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/329
11:27:18 [Josh_Soref]
robin: that's a continous action
11:27:22 [Josh_Soref]
... not sure what to do with it
11:27:26 [Josh_Soref]
... we're on the calls
11:27:31 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-329
11:27:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-329 Maintain coordination with HTML+Speech on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0057.html; include Claes in the discussion closed
11:27:38 [Josh_Soref]
... it's the "hypertext coordination group"
11:27:48 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:27:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:28:09 [robin]
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/CoordGroup/
11:28:14 [Josh_Soref]
s/it's/robin: it's/
11:28:15 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:28:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:28:20 [fjh]
ACTION-329: Hypertext Coordination Group, http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/CoordGroup/
11:28:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-329 Maintain coordination with HTML+Speech on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0057.html; include Claes in the discussion notes added
11:28:37 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-330?
11:28:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-330 -- John Morris to review SysInfo privacy considerations section, and ISSUE-64 on "generic" -- due 2011-01-26 -- OPEN
11:28:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/330
11:28:41 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-330
11:28:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-330 Review SysInfo privacy considerations section, and ISSUE-64 on "generic" closed
11:28:55 [fjh]
ACTION-330: restructuring sysinfo
11:28:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-330 Review SysInfo privacy considerations section, and ISSUE-64 on "generic" notes added
11:29:02 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: closing because it's sysinfo which is being split
11:29:07 [Josh_Soref]
robin: plus it relates to a closed issue
11:29:10 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-338?
11:29:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-338 -- Laszlo Gombos to look into multiple permission/installable designs for APIs -- due 2011-02-23 -- OPEN
11:29:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/338
11:29:12 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-339?
11:29:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-339 -- Laszlo Gombos to go through existing DAP APIs to see if there are use cases there for Feat Perms (or if the existing approaches work better) -- due 2011-02-23 -- OPEN
11:29:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/339
11:29:23 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-338
11:29:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-338 Look into multiple permission/installable designs for APIs closed
11:29:26 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-339
11:29:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-339 Go through existing DAP APIs to see if there are use cases there for Feat Perms (or if the existing approaches work better) closed
11:29:46 [Josh_Soref]
robin: ACTION-338 is heavily related to policy
11:29:57 [Josh_Soref]
lgombos_: ansi had some related work
11:30:11 [Josh_Soref]
robin: ACTION-339 is obsoleted by a new ACTION-XXX
11:30:19 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:30:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:30:50 [Josh_Soref]
s/... robin: it's/robin: it's/
11:30:51 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:30:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:31:42 [Josh_Soref]
lgombos_: we said that each spec needs to say things about feature-permissions
11:31:49 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-340?
11:31:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-340 -- Frederick Hirsch to look at how we're doing privacy by design -- due 2011-02-23 -- OPEN
11:31:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/340
11:31:52 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-345?
11:31:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-345 -- Laszlo Gombos to look at Microsoft feedback on Capture API -- due 2011-03-16 -- OPEN
11:31:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/345
11:32:15 [Josh_Soref]
robin: the feedback was sent by Microsoft to the HTML Speech people
11:32:20 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we'll keep this open
11:32:23 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-359?
11:32:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-359 -- Bryan Sullivan to split out a generic sensors API (based on ambientlight/proximity/etc) from sysinfo -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:32:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/359
11:32:48 [Josh_Soref]
robin: brian, you have an action item to write up the API
11:32:56 [Josh_Soref]
s/brian/bryan/
11:33:03 [Josh_Soref]
bryan_: I was hoping to do this
11:33:12 [Josh_Soref]
... I was hoping to have a submission
11:33:17 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-360?
11:33:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-360 -- Suresh Chitturi to see at possibilities of APIs for access to device characteristics -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:33:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/360
11:33:27 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we have suresh looking for things
11:33:34 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I think suresh is now me...
11:34:21 [robin]
ACTION: Josh to investigate ACTION-360 with Suresh to figure out if it can be closed or should be reassigned
11:34:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-444 - Investigate ACTION-360 with Suresh to figure out if it can be closed or should be reassigned [on Josh Soref - due 2011-07-28].
11:34:29 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-361?
11:34:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-361 -- Bryan Sullivan to provide use cases for device characteristics access -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:34:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/361
11:34:49 [fjh]
ACTION-360: Josh to follow up with Suresh, ACTION-444
11:34:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-360 See at possibilities of APIs for access to device characteristics notes added
11:34:50 [Josh_Soref]
bryan_: I think this is part of sysinfo
11:34:59 [Josh_Soref]
... I suggest closing it if we aren't going to do anything with sysinfo
11:35:14 [Josh_Soref]
... I think there is a need for this, but I don't know that use cases will change anyone's mind
11:35:33 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I think having use cases enables people to consider doing work
11:36:01 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I think in this WG we're trying to always have UCs
11:37:01 [Josh_Soref]
... HTMLWG, WebApps, WebEvents, GeoLocation and DAP all try to require UCs
11:37:06 [Josh_Soref]
... and that pretty much defines browsers
11:37:29 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-361
11:37:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-361 Provide use cases for device characteristics access closed
11:38:05 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-362?
11:38:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-362 -- Kangchan Lee to provide use cases for sysinfo-like features -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:38:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/362
11:38:07 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-362
11:38:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-362 Provide use cases for sysinfo-like features closed
11:38:12 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-364?
11:38:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-364 -- Robin Berjon to get the COW started -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:38:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/364
11:38:19 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-368?
11:38:19 [fjh]
anyone can bring a use case into the WG without an action, also a proposal that is in scope
11:38:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-368 -- WonSuk Lee to collect and summarize current use cases for Gallery API and includes a draft doc -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:38:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/368
11:38:25 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-370?
11:38:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-370 -- Robin Berjon to dive more deeply into Web Intents/Web Activities in view of integration -- due 2011-08-22 -- OPEN
11:38:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/370
11:38:28 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-374?
11:38:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-374 -- Frederick Hirsch to complete Privacy Rulesets with binding considerations -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
11:38:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/374
11:38:34 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-391?
11:38:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-391 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look at overlap between MediaFileData and HTMLVideoElement -- due 2011-04-27 -- OPEN
11:38:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/391
11:39:01 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-396?
11:39:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-396 -- Richard Tibbett to email the group looking for editors for Calendar -- due 2011-05-25 -- OPEN
11:39:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/396
11:39:04 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-396
11:39:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-396 Email the group looking for editors for Calendar closed
11:39:26 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: he did the email...
11:39:31 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-397?
11:39:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-397 -- Robin Berjon to coordinate with HTML WG chairs about Capture, include the HCG -- due 2011-05-25 -- OPEN
11:39:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/397
11:39:41 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-408?
11:39:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-408 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to check if dom + Suresh'es comments are integrated -- due 2011-06-15 -- CLOSED
11:39:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/408
11:39:43 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-406?
11:39:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-406 -- Frederick Hirsch to review feature request access containers -- due 2011-06-08 -- OPEN
11:39:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/406
11:39:46 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-406
11:39:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-406 Review feature request access containers closed
11:39:48 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-411?
11:39:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-411 -- Robin Berjon to reply to Jo about NetInfo -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN
11:39:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/411
11:40:08 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-412?
11:40:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 -- Robin Berjon to go through inactive specs and ping editors to get a feel for their commitment to more work -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN
11:40:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/412
11:40:10 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-412
11:40:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 Go through inactive specs and ping editors to get a feel for their commitment to more work closed
11:40:13 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: we did that today
11:40:21 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-413?
11:40:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-413 -- Robin Berjon to contact Claudio Caldato from MS and discuss media capture -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN
11:40:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/413
11:40:25 [fjh]
ACTION-412: done during 21 July 2011 f2f
11:40:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 Go through inactive specs and ping editors to get a feel for their commitment to more work notes added
11:40:33 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-414?
11:40:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-414 -- Anssi Kostiainen to write up an overview of the media capture landscape, with ideas of how to move forward -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN
11:40:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/414
11:40:40 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-415?
11:40:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-415 -- Robin Berjon to make all the changes to Contacts from Dom's email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0050.html -- due 2011-06-22 -- CLOSED
11:40:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/415
11:40:43 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-417?
11:40:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-417 -- Anssi Kostiainen to implement changes to battery event based on feedback, and RESOLUTION from 20110629 -- due 2011-07-06 -- CLOSED
11:40:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/417
11:40:45 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-416?
11:40:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-416 -- Frederick Hirsch to investigate privacy fingerprinting issues related to DAP -- due 2011-06-22 -- OPEN
11:40:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/416
11:40:54 [Josh_Soref]
[ Scribe has issues with sequences ]
11:41:29 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: ernesto_jimenez, do you have everything you need for your editor work?
11:41:37 [Josh_Soref]
... you need to set up keys for CVS
11:41:49 [Josh_Soref]
... you can do that with francois today here
11:42:01 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref: I should also get set up for that...
11:42:05 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-423?
11:42:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-423 -- WonSuk Lee to draft the use cases and requirements section for Battery -- due 2011-07-26 -- OPEN
11:42:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/423
11:42:08 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-424?
11:42:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-424 -- Josh Soref to draft the use cases and requirements for Messaging, perhaps even take over Messaging editing -- due 2011-07-26 -- OPEN
11:42:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/424
11:42:25 [Josh_Soref]
[ Josh_Soref looks ]
11:42:29 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-427?
11:42:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-427 -- Frederick Hirsch to prepare web app best practices for FPWD publication, including title change, shortname change, and adding reference to MWBP -- due 2011-07-26 -- OPEN
11:42:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/427
11:42:32 [Josh_Soref]
CLOSE ACTION-427
11:42:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-427 Prepare web app best practices for FPWD publication, including title change, shortname change, and adding reference to MWBP closed
11:42:35 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I already did that
11:42:38 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-429?
11:42:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-429 -- Josh Soref to figure out if the PoCo handling of personal names is okay under I18N rules -- due 2011-07-26 -- OPEN
11:42:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/429
11:42:42 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-430?
11:42:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-430 -- Josh Soref to provide sample input with potential outputs. -- due 2011-07-26 -- OPEN
11:42:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/430
11:43:10 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-432?
11:43:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-432 -- Ernesto Jimenez to make a proposal for ISSUE-116 and ISSUE-117 -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/432
11:43:23 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-433?
11:43:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-433 -- Laszlo Gombos to reply to Anne about his Permissions questions -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/433
11:43:34 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-434?
11:43:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-434 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to investigate if DAP could use the XPointer registration code for feature registration -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/434
11:43:39 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-435?
11:43:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-435 -- Laszlo Gombos to update the Permissions draft based on f2f discussion and summary email from Robin in planning for FPWD -- due 2011-09-01 -- OPEN
11:43:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/435
11:43:51 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-436?
11:43:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-436 -- WonSuk Lee to provide an example for Permissions -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/436
11:43:54 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-437?
11:43:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-437 -- Laszlo Gombos to talk to the Android people about whether the Netinfo API is used and something they think was a good idea -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/437
11:43:57 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-438?
11:43:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-438 -- Josh Soref to talk to Brian Leroux about the Netinfo API in PhoneGap to ask about uptake and feedback -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:43:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/438
11:44:50 [Josh_Soref]
robin: I spoke with Brian about this
11:45:02 [Josh_Soref]
... pretty much every single phonegap api uses the connection api
11:45:11 [Josh_Soref]
... but I think they're using it for the wrong reason
11:45:13 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-439?
11:45:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-439 -- Bryan Sullivan to draft use cases for proximity, ambient light, and ambient sound sensors. -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:45:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/439
11:45:14 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-440?
11:45:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-440 -- Robin Berjon to create a wiki page with the list of tags -- due 2011-07-27 -- OPEN
11:45:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/440
11:45:16 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-441?
11:45:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-441 -- Frederick Hirsch to raise the HTTP vs JS architectural issue with the TAG -- due 2011-07-28 -- OPEN
11:45:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/441
11:45:26 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-442?
11:45:26 [trackbot]
ACTION-442 -- Robin Berjon to produce a REST binding example for Contacts (client, server, protocol) -- due 2011-07-28 -- OPEN
11:45:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/442
11:45:29 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-443?
11:45:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-443 -- Frederick Hirsch to review various ruleset issues and follow up -- due 2011-07-28 -- OPEN
11:45:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/443
11:45:36 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION-444?
11:45:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-444 -- Josh Soref to investigate ACTION-360 with Suresh to figure out if it can be closed or should be reassigned -- due 2011-07-28 -- OPEN
11:45:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/444
11:45:50 [Josh_Soref]
robin: End of Actions list
11:45:55 [Josh_Soref]
... 40 open actions
11:46:13 [Josh_Soref]
Topic: AoB
11:46:14 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: The DAP WG thanks Orange and Cecile Marc for excellent hosting
11:46:45 [robin]
s/Cecile Marc/Cécile Marc/
11:47:01 [Josh_Soref]
proposed RESOLUTION: The DAP WG thanks Orange and Cécile Marc for excellent hosting
11:47:20 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: The DAP WG thanks Orange and Cécile Marc for excellent hosting
11:48:43 [Josh_Soref]
ACTION fjh to review the changes needed for the home page and priority list based on the new charter
11:48:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-445 - Review the changes needed for the home page and priority list based on the new charter [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-07-28].
11:48:53 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: no meeting July 27
11:49:02 [Josh_Soref]
... we'll have a short meeting on July 3
11:49:07 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION no call Aug 10
11:49:15 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: I don't know if we need a call on Aug 17
11:49:25 [Josh_Soref]
... robin and Dom are away
11:49:44 [Josh_Soref]
s/July 3/Aug 3/
11:50:07 [Josh_Soref]
RESOLUTION: no call Aug 10
11:50:21 [Josh_Soref]
s/RESOLUTION no call Aug 10/proposed RESOLUTION: no call Aug 10/
11:50:30 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:50:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
11:51:12 [Josh_Soref]
Adjourned
11:51:23 [Josh_Soref]
fjh: francois thanks for being Dom
11:51:58 [ceyrigno]
ceyrigno has left #dap
11:53:20 [Josh_Soref]
Present+ Cecile_Marc
11:53:31 [Josh_Soref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:53:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-dap-minutes.html Josh_Soref
13:20:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
13:56:53 [Marcos]
Marcos has joined #dap
13:58:14 [Marcos]
Marcos has left #dap