IRC log of sparql on 2011-07-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:53:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:53:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/12-sparql-irc
13:53:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:53:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:53:24 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:53:24 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:24 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:53:25 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:53:25 [trackbot]
Date: 12 July 2011
13:53:25 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:58:36 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:43 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:58:45 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P7 is me
13:58:45 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
13:58:56 [axelpolleres]
axelpolleres has joined #sparql
13:59:09 [Zakim]
+kasei
13:59:54 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.92.38.aaaa - is perhaps Vivien
14:00:26 [Olivier]
Zakim, aaaa is Olivier
14:00:26 [Zakim]
sorry, Olivier, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:01:52 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:10 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien
14:02:40 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:03:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.500.aabb
14:04:22 [AndyS]
LeeF? axelpolleres? Or shall we start without you?
14:04:40 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:04:52 [axelpolleres]
dialing, apologies
14:05:11 [Zakim]
+ +43.664.801.173.aacc
14:05:22 [axelpolleres]
Zakim, aacc is me
14:05:22 [Zakim]
+axelpolleres; got it
14:05:33 [Zakim]
+alex_
14:05:55 [Zakim]
+chimezie
14:06:06 [axelpolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-07-12
14:06:50 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:06:50 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:06:59 [axelpolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-05
14:07:03 [axelpolleres]
topic:admin
14:07:04 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is here?
14:07:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien, pgearon, +1.617.500.aabb, axelpolleres, alex_, chimezie (muted)
14:07:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see alexpassant, chimezie, axelpolleres, Zakim, RRSAgent, Olivier, LeeF, AndyS, iv_an_ru_, pgearon, ericP, sandro, trackbot, kasei, NickH
14:07:36 [axelpolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-05
14:08:25 [axelpolleres]
LeeF, are you finally available next week?
14:09:03 [sandro]
i am here
14:09:08 [sandro]
phone trouble
14:10:16 [chimezie]
Axel: if there is anything outstanding perhaps we don't meet next week.
14:10:22 [chimezie]
... will discuss with LeeF
14:11:33 [chimezie]
What is the process for IE to rejoin?
14:11:36 [chimezie]
re-apply?
14:12:48 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/35463/status
14:13:02 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:13:32 [chimezie]
Sandro: will check about IEs now
14:14:04 [chimezie]
Axel: grace period for renomination is 45 days
14:14:50 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:14:50 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:15:16 [axelpolleres]
sandro: IE please re-apply via form
14:15:33 [axelpolleres]
topic: test coverage
14:15:49 [axelpolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage
14:15:56 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:15:56 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:16:35 [chimezie]
Axel: goal is to collect 1) coverage of features in test suite and 2) where we are WRT implementation
14:17:13 [axelpolleres]
Opinions?
14:17:16 [axelpolleres]
q?
14:17:45 [chimezie]
... ask implementors where they are. Andy?
14:18:32 [chimezie]
AndyS: Passing all but 21, 12 are inference, and a couple of others. Mostly compliant, however
14:19:15 [chimezie]
... will try to get functional implementation of everything. inference tests are my main constraints
14:19:30 [axelpolleres]
andy: plan to implement all docs, service not yet covered.
14:19:48 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:19:48 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:20:37 [axelpolleres]
chime: primarily workign on inference tests, but dones't implement all of query.
14:20:56 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:20:56 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:20:56 [chimezie]
Gr
14:21:21 [axelpolleres]
greg: no inference at the moment, not planned, other than that passing all except SERVICE with variable endpoint
14:21:23 [chimezie]
Greg: don't plan on doing inference test. passing all tests except single service test w/ variable endpoint. Unsure if I will implement
14:21:41 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:21:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien, pgearon, +1.617.500.aabb, axelpolleres, alex_, chimezie (muted), LeeF
14:22:08 [chimezie]
LeeF: implement part of 1.1 query, will implement the rest eventually. implement all of UPDATE and service description.
14:22:39 [chimezie]
... do not implement graph store protocol or entailment regime. have an old basic federation implementation that may be updated later
14:22:55 [chimezie]
Axel: other implementors not here? Steve?
14:22:57 [AndyS]
Fuseki implements query and update protocol and graph store protocol. Popular!
14:23:19 [chimezie]
Paul: long way off form 1.1 (other priorities). Will be expanding on implementations eventually
14:23:40 [chimezie]
s/form/from
14:24:00 [axelpolleres]
Paul... query and update first quarter next year.
14:24:04 [kasei]
would be good to find out sesame's 1.1 status from jeen
14:24:10 [axelpolleres]
other implementations? Steve, Olivier
14:24:26 [axelpolleres]
Zakim, vivien is probably Olivier?
14:24:26 [Zakim]
+Olivier??; got it
14:24:31 [chimezie]
Olivier: don't implement service and protocol
14:24:46 [chimezie]
... implement the other features
14:25:13 [chimezie]
Axel: suggestions for how to manage this information from implementors?
14:25:54 [Olivier]
Olivier has joined #sparql
14:26:03 [kasei]
I might be able to spare a little time for that
14:26:15 [chimezie]
... I will summarize what I have heard
14:26:20 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: Axel to add some info on implementers summary to the wiki page
14:26:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-493 - Add some info on implementers summary to the wiki page [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-19].
14:27:26 [chimezie]
Axel: anyone have time to capture coverage for query?
14:28:12 [kasei]
I'll try to look over some of the tests, but wouldn't want to be the only one...
14:29:06 [Olivier]
I can help in august
14:29:14 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: greg to check coverage on query test cases.
14:29:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-494 - Check coverage on query test cases. [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-07-19].
14:29:48 [chimezie]
Axel: I have already checked coverage on update. Do we have test cases for Protocol?
14:29:51 [chimezie]
LeeF: not really
14:30:54 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: Lee to check into protocol test cases and coverage
14:30:54 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Lee
14:30:54 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. lfeigenb, lfeigenb2)
14:31:28 [chimezie]
Axel: next is service description
14:31:45 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: lfeigenb to check into protocol test cases and coverage
14:31:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-495 - Check into protocol test cases and coverage [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-07-19].
14:32:26 [chimezie]
Greg: we haven't discussed service description
14:32:43 [chimezie]
... conformance is tiny. challenge is infrastructure requirements for testing
14:33:41 [axelpolleres]
no particular test cases for SD at the moment.
14:33:56 [chimezie]
Axel: graph store protocol?
14:34:24 [chimezie]
... similar situation with SD
14:34:26 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:34:26 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:35:49 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: chime think about how test cases for graph store protocol could look like.
14:35:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-496 - Think about how test cases for graph store protocol could look like. [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2011-07-19].
14:36:27 [chimezie]
Axel: entailment test coverage, any volunteers?
14:36:29 [chimezie]
... I can do that
14:36:59 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: Axel to check entailment regimes test case coverage
14:36:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-497 - Check entailment regimes test case coverage [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-19].
14:37:25 [chimezie]
Axel: federated query coverage?
14:37:52 [axelpolleres]
axel to ask carlos...
14:38:33 [chimezie]
Axel: no CSV, TSV results test, but we have JSON format tests
14:39:15 [chimezie]
AndyS: we need to write tests, however, it is a note and not REC track
14:40:00 [axelpolleres]
Axel: Axel to check test suite for CSV/TSV and also how README.html needs to be extended, adapted. (time allowed)
14:40:28 [axelpolleres]
report coverage4 results here http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage
14:41:18 [chimezie]
Axel: 2 pending publications - federated query and CSV/TSV documents
14:42:03 [chimezie]
... opinions on status of these?
14:42:33 [chimezie]
LeeF: we should make sure Greg's comments are addressed before publishing federated query and wait for JSON spec to publish them together
14:42:35 [AndyS]
And JSON format?
14:43:43 [AndyS]
CSV/TSV -- publish WD Note now. It's not final version,. it's work-in-progress.
14:44:14 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call#JSON_Results
14:45:29 [axelpolleres]
Fed query, json, csv/tsv
14:46:06 [chimezie]
AndyS: we publishing LC docs one at a time or in batch?
14:46:24 [chimezie]
Axel: batch - from my understanding
14:47:08 [chimezie]
LeeF: smaller # of announcements is preferred
14:47:13 [AndyS]
q+ to ask Sandro about NOTE process
14:47:55 [axelpolleres]
vote for publications of fed, json and csv/tsv in two weeks
14:48:01 [AndyS]
ack me
14:48:01 [Zakim]
AndyS, you wanted to ask Sandro about NOTE process
14:48:14 [axelpolleres]
... and hopefully have an update on protocol and overview then as well.
14:48:27 [chimezie]
AndyS: do we have to choose a short name for NOTEs, etc.?
14:48:39 [axelpolleres]
sandro?
14:49:23 [chimezie]
Axel: clean approach - publish first as WD and then go from there
14:49:55 [AndyS]
so we need a short name : sparql11-results-csv-tsv
14:50:40 [LeeF]
+1
14:50:47 [axelpolleres]
+1
14:51:04 [AndyS]
+1
14:51:11 [chimezie]
+1
14:51:17 [axelpolleres]
PROPOSED: shortname for CSV/TSV results format will be sparql11-results-csv-tsv
14:51:48 [axelpolleres]
RESOLVED: shortname for CSV/TSV results format will be sparql11-results-csv-tsv
14:52:41 [AndyS]
Comments?
14:52:42 [axelpolleres]
topic: AOB
14:53:07 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jul/0004.html
14:55:14 [chimezie]
AndyS: chairs should address him regarding the process
14:55:42 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: Lee to contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment.
14:55:42 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Lee
14:55:42 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. lfeigenb, lfeigenb2)
14:55:56 [axelpolleres]
ACTION: lfeigenb to contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment.
14:55:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-498 - Contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-07-19].
14:57:07 [Zakim]
- +1.617.500.aabb
14:57:15 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:57:38 [chimezie]
bye
14:57:40 [Zakim]
-alex_
14:57:41 [pgearon]
thanks
14:57:41 [Zakim]
-chimezie
14:57:46 [Zakim]
-Olivier??
14:57:49 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:57:50 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:58:04 [axelpolleres]
let's discuss errata next time.
14:58:26 [Zakim]
-kasei
14:58:29 [axelpolleres]
adjourned
14:58:46 [axelpolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
14:58:50 [Zakim]
-axelpolleres
15:00:29 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:00:29 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:00:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, kasei, +33.4.92.38.aaaa, pgearon, +1.617.500.aabb, +43.664.801.173.aacc, axelpolleres, alex_, chimezie, LeeF, Olivier??
15:08:19 [alex_]
alex_ has left #sparql
16:30:42 [gkellogg]
gkellogg has joined #sparql
16:31:23 [gkellogg]
gkellogg has left #sparql
17:02:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
18:10:53 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql