IRC log of webtv on 2011-07-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
14:52:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-irc
14:52:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webtv
14:52:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
14:52:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
14:52:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference
14:52:18 [trackbot]
Date: 07 July 2011
14:52:47 [kaz]
s/Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference/Media Pipeline TF call/
14:52:53 [kaz]
zakim, list
14:52:53 [Zakim]
I see Team_(ia)14:04Z, WAI_RDWG()11:00AM, SW_(PROV1)8:00AM, INC_LLDXG()10:00AM, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, SW_RDFa()10:00AM, T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM, UW_POI(POIWG)10:00AM active
14:52:57 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are I18N_WG(MLW)11:00AM, Team_(PWET)11:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, VB_VBWG(CCXML)11:00AM, MM_MMI(EMMA)10:00AM, XML_PMWG()10:00AM, WF_TF()9:00AM,
14:53:01 [Zakim]
... Team_Comm()10:30AM, Styl_XSL-FO-()11:00AM, Math_IG()10:00AM, SW_(PROV)11:00AM, WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM, UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM, SW_HCLS(TMO)11:00AM, WF_US-B()10:30AM,
14:53:04 [Zakim]
... WAI_PFWG(AAPI)10:00AM
14:53:50 [kaz]
zakim, this will be UW_WebTVIG
14:53:51 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; I see UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:54:03 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
14:54:03 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
14:54:04 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has now started
14:54:05 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
14:55:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.404.242.aaaa
14:55:54 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is Steven_Wright
14:55:54 [Zakim]
+Steven_Wright; got it
14:56:27 [Zakim]
+lai
14:56:55 [aizu]
aizu has joined #webtv
14:56:59 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #webtv
14:57:00 [kaz]
zakim, lai is Russell_Berkoff
14:57:00 [Zakim]
+Russell_Berkoff; got it
14:57:37 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:57:52 [r]
r has joined #webtv
14:58:29 [kaz]
zakim, ??P17 is Clarke_Stevens
14:58:29 [Zakim]
+Clarke_Stevens; got it
14:58:48 [rbardini]
rbardini has joined #webtv
14:58:56 [davy]
davy has joined #webtv
14:59:01 [Zakim]
+??P45
14:59:19 [kaz]
zakim, ??P45 is Hiroyuki_Aizu
14:59:19 [Zakim]
+Hiroyuki_Aizu; got it
14:59:49 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
14:59:53 [Zakim]
+??P42
15:00:09 [kaz]
zakim, ??P42 is Mark_Watson
15:00:11 [Zakim]
+Mark_Watson; got it
15:00:25 [Zakim]
+??P51
15:00:30 [mark]
mark has joined #webtv
15:00:31 [Zakim]
+Richard_Bardini
15:00:43 [Zakim]
+SamCoppens
15:00:50 [pcesar]
pcesar has joined #webtv
15:01:12 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:25 [Zakim]
+Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:01:38 [kaz]
zakim, ??P51 is Eric_Winkelman
15:01:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, Steven_Wright, Russell_Berkoff, Clarke_Stevens, Hiroyuki_Aizu, Mark_Watson, ??P51, Richard_Bardini, Davy, Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:01:58 [Zakim]
+Eric_Winkelman; got it
15:02:06 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pcesar, mark, igarashi, davy, rbardini, r, Clarke, aizu, Zakim, RRSAgent, kaz, trackbot
15:02:20 [kaz]
zakim, Eric_Winkelman is ErickWinkelman_BobLund
15:02:50 [Zakim]
+ErickWinkelman_BobLund; got it
15:03:06 [kaz]
Chair: Clarke
15:03:10 [kaz]
scribe: Kaz
15:03:12 [kaz]
scribenick: kaz
15:03:59 [Clarke]
Here is today's agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_7th_July_2011
15:04:09 [kaz]
Present: Kazuyuki, Steven_Wright, Russell_Berkoff, Clarke_Stevens, Hiroyuki_Aizu, Mark_Watson, ErickWinkelman_BobLund, Richard_Bardini, Davy (muted), Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:04:15 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.592.aabb
15:04:20 [pcesar]
Pablo Cesar just join the call
15:04:26 [pcesar]
the +31 number
15:04:36 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Pablo_Cesar
15:04:41 [kaz]
Present+ Pablo
15:04:51 [kaz]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_7th_July_2011
15:04:59 [kaz]
clarke: reviews the agenda
15:05:21 [Zakim]
+Pablo_Cesar; got it
15:05:44 [Clarke]
Charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF
15:06:21 [kaz]
clarke: (explains the charter)
15:06:40 [HJ]
HJ has joined #webtv
15:06:45 [kaz]
... to see additional requirements to existing standards, e.g., HTML5
15:06:53 [kaz]
... questions/comments?
15:07:36 [Clarke]
Correction: Here is the Charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter
15:08:59 [kaz]
clarke: (explains "Basic Information", and then "Scope")
15:10:11 [kaz]
i/explains the charter/topic: charter review/
15:10:58 [kaz]
bob: question about user agent adaptive support
15:11:13 [kaz]
clarke: comment for bullet points
15:12:06 [kaz]
... splicing content into stream
15:12:50 [kaz]
mark: content splicing is not clear
15:13:28 [kaz]
@@@: could you suggest something more descriptive?
15:13:39 [kaz]
s/@@@/richard/
15:14:11 [kaz]
clarke: clear define is useful
15:15:15 [kaz]
pablo: HTML5 and JavaScrpt are quite dynamic and flexible
15:16:08 [kaz]
... one of the problem is "seemless playback"
15:16:13 [kaz]
s/seem/seam/
15:16:48 [kaz]
... might want to synchronize multiple streams on different devices
15:17:02 [kaz]
clarke: tablet and video, e.g.
15:18:02 [kaz]
action: stevens to add clarification to the second point "content splicing"
15:18:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-48 - Add clarification to the second point "content splicing" [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
15:18:25 [kaz]
clarke: next, the third point "Browser handling..."
15:18:40 [kaz]
... make sense?
15:19:17 [kaz]
@@@: not quite sure
15:20:16 [kaz]
###: need some mechanism to support it in HTML
15:20:26 [kaz]
s/###/Steven_Wright/
15:20:58 [kaz]
zakim, mute steven_wright
15:20:58 [Zakim]
Steven_Wright should now be muted
15:22:08 [kaz]
clarke: issue raised earlier is how to synchronize using JavaScript
15:22:37 [kaz]
... next point "Enhancements..."
15:22:52 [kaz]
... additional metadata specific to commercial video
15:23:56 [kaz]
???: one of the issues is you can use metadata but not obvious what type of application signals in metadata
15:24:42 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:24:53 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:25:26 [kaz]
@@@: you need to be very clear about metadata format
15:26:09 [kaz]
pablo: what if I want to comment some specific scene of a program, not the program as a whole?
15:26:44 [kaz]
clarke: timed text metadata
15:27:34 [kaz]
q+
15:27:38 [kaz]
ack kaz
15:28:21 [kaz]
bob: regarding the last point
15:28:29 [kaz]
... HNTF raised an issue
15:28:42 [kaz]
... on MPEG2 transport layer
15:28:56 [kaz]
... that may be one thing we should mention
15:29:01 [aizu]
q+
15:29:06 [kaz]
q?
15:29:10 [r]
q+ [Samsung] rberkoff
15:29:32 [kaz]
ack aizu
15:29:36 [mark]
+q
15:29:44 [kaz]
q+ aizu
15:29:52 [kaz]
ack Samsung
15:29:56 [kaz]
ack rberkoff
15:30:41 [kaz]
rberkoff: not necessarily depending on actual location
15:30:53 [kaz]
... also distribution of content
15:31:24 [kaz]
clarke: coming from your local network or some network hierarcy(?)
15:31:49 [kaz]
rberkoff: it's not a matter of content generated from the source
15:32:05 [kaz]
action: stevens to mention russell's point
15:32:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-49 - Mention russell's point [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
15:32:13 [kaz]
ack mark
15:32:45 [r]
ack [Samsung]
15:33:03 [kaz]
mark: media format?
15:33:32 [kaz]
clarke: need to clarify at least for the first bullet point
15:33:47 [kaz]
action: stevens to add clarification on media format for the first bullet
15:33:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-50 - Add clarification on media format for the first bullet [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
15:33:50 [kaz]
ack aizu
15:35:05 [kaz]
aizu: we think video stream from a tuner come from air wave will be decoded
15:35:13 [kaz]
... and used in <video> element
15:35:39 [kaz]
... so we'd like to handle both video data from air wave and stream from IP
15:35:53 [kaz]
... using same mechanism
15:36:37 [kaz]
clarke: so you want to think about <video> controlled tuner?
15:36:42 [kaz]
aizu: yeah
15:36:55 [kaz]
clarke: maybe in scope
15:37:05 [kaz]
... we need to write actual use cases
15:37:15 [kaz]
aizu: ok. will do
15:37:28 [kaz]
action: aizu to generate use case on tuner
15:37:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-51 - Generate use case on tuner [on Hiroyuki Aizu - due 2011-07-14].
15:37:36 [kaz]
q?
15:37:49 [kaz]
clarke: let's move on then
15:38:10 [kaz]
... "Success Criteria"
15:38:18 [kaz]
q+
15:38:30 [kaz]
ack k
15:39:37 [kaz]
kaz: as HNTF does, we need to generate a TF level requirements doc
15:39:59 [kaz]
... so that we can create an IG level requirements doc by the end of the IG charter
15:40:02 [kaz]
clarke: yes
15:40:06 [Clarke]
Q?q?
15:40:10 [kaz]
... following the HNTF way
15:40:33 [kaz]
... generating use cases is our task
15:40:52 [kaz]
... and assign them to use case editors
15:41:08 [Clarke]
Use case template: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Use_Cases_Template
15:41:33 [kaz]
clarke: the above is the template for use case submission
15:41:39 [Zakim]
-Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:42:10 [kaz]
... description on the importance, etc.
15:42:21 [Clarke]
q?
15:42:22 [kaz]
... question?
15:42:52 [kaz]
@@@: sometimes use cases are very broad
15:43:02 [kaz]
s/@@@/Bob/
15:43:29 [kaz]
... should add motivation etc.
15:43:51 [kaz]
action: stevens to synchronize with HNTF for the use case template
15:43:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-52 - Synchronize with HNTF for the use case template [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
15:43:51 [Eric]
Eric has joined #webtv
15:43:58 [Clarke]
q?
15:44:43 [kaz]
clarke: will hold our calls every week
15:45:13 [kaz]
... issues/actions will be discussed
15:45:30 [kaz]
bob: where is the address of the mail refrector?
15:45:36 [kaz]
s/refrector/refrecter/
15:46:28 [mark]
apologies, I have to leave now
15:46:33 [Zakim]
-Mark_Watson
15:46:55 [kaz]
kaz: in the "Communication" section (http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter#Communication)
15:47:14 [kaz]
action: stevens to add ML address to the logistics page as well
15:47:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-53 - Add ML address to the logistics page as well [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
15:47:35 [kaz]
clarke: we've covered except open items
15:48:26 [kaz]
... anything else?
15:48:50 [kaz]
rberkoff: content protection is not able to be in the scope?
15:48:57 [kaz]
clarke: good point
15:49:22 [kaz]
... I didn't include it
15:49:27 [kaz]
... maybe need another TF
15:49:31 [kaz]
rberkoff: ok
15:49:39 [kaz]
clarke: tx for participation!
15:49:40 [Zakim]
-Pablo_Cesar
15:49:42 [Zakim]
-Richard_Bardini
15:49:43 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
15:49:44 [Zakim]
-Hiroyuki_Aizu
15:49:44 [Zakim]
-ErickWinkelman_BobLund
15:49:45 [Zakim]
-Steven_Wright
15:49:45 [Zakim]
-Russell_Berkoff
15:49:46 [Zakim]
-Clarke_Stevens
15:49:47 [Zakim]
-Davy
15:49:49 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
15:49:50 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()11:00AM has ended
15:49:52 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, +1.404.242.aaaa, Steven_Wright, Russell_Berkoff, Clarke_Stevens, Hiroyuki_Aizu, Mark_Watson, Richard_Bardini, Davy, Tatsuya_Igarashi,
15:49:54 [Zakim]
... ErickWinkelman_BobLund, +31.20.592.aabb, Pablo_Cesar
15:49:54 [pcesar]
pcesar has left #webtv
15:49:54 [Clarke]
Thank you kaz for taking notes.
15:49:59 [davy]
davy has left #webtv
15:50:11 [kaz]
rragent, make log public
15:50:16 [kaz]
rragent, draft minutes
15:50:22 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
15:50:26 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:50:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html kaz
15:51:17 [kaz]
s/rragent, make log public//
15:51:30 [Clarke]
Kaz, does that automatically get added to the wiki, or do I need to provide a link to the minutes archive each week?
15:51:32 [kaz]
s/rragent, draft minutes//
15:52:01 [Clarke]
ok, thanks
15:52:05 [kaz]
thank YOU!
15:53:30 [HJ]
Hi Kaz.
15:54:55 [HJ]
HJ has left #webtv
15:57:59 [kaz]
rrsagent, stop