IRC log of rd on 2011-07-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:41:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:41:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-irc
14:41:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:41:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
14:41:50 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:41:50 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
14:41:51 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:41:51 [trackbot]
Date: 07 July 2011
14:49:58 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
14:52:07 [sharper]
zakim, code?
14:52:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), sharper
14:52:42 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()11:00AM has now started
14:52:49 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:52:59 [sharper]
zakim, ??P10 is sharper
14:53:04 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
14:56:14 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
14:56:14 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
14:56:37 [Zakim]
+??P43
14:56:40 [Zakim]
-sharper
14:56:42 [Zakim]
+sharper
14:56:44 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:56:44 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:56:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-minutes.html sharper
14:56:59 [benoit]
benoit has joined #rd
14:58:27 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome
14:58:42 [sharper]
Agenda+ Round the table introductions - each participant introduces themselves briefly
14:59:02 [sharper]
Agenda+ Reminder of meeting logistics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/ - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/planning
14:59:15 [sharper]
Agenda+ Brainstorming research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki
14:59:27 [sharper]
Agenda+ Topics for further expansion - any volunteers to further expand any topics?
14:59:50 [sharper]
Agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule - Thursday 14 July, 2011 - Thursday 21 July, 2011 - Thursday 28 July, 2011 - Thursday 4 August, 2011
14:59:59 [km]
km has joined #rd
15:00:00 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
15:00:07 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-agenda.rdf
15:00:20 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
15:00:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from sharper]
15:00:34 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:00:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-minutes.html sharper
15:01:59 [sharper]
zakim, ??P43 is km
15:02:14 [Zakim]
+??P56
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+km; got it
15:02:22 [km]
yes, I entered as KM
15:02:40 [sharper]
zakim, ??P56 is shadi
15:03:12 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.78.41.aaaa
15:03:16 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
15:04:12 [sharper]
scribe: Harper_Simon
15:04:12 [sharper]
ScribeNick: sharper
15:05:19 [Zakim]
+??P73
15:06:35 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
15:06:36 [Zakim]
+??P69
15:07:13 [Joshue]
Joshue has joined #rd
15:07:14 [sharper]
zakim, ??P73 is yeliz
15:07:36 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
15:07:39 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
15:07:54 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:08:29 [Zakim]
+??P18
15:08:42 [shadi]
shadi has joined #rd
15:09:00 [arun]
arun has joined #rd
15:09:32 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:09:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sharper, km, shadi, +33.4.78.41.aaaa, yeliz (muted), ??P69, ??P18
15:10:03 [Zakim]
+ +35346907aabb
15:10:21 [Mate]
Mate has joined #rd
15:10:31 [Joshue]
zakim,++353* is Joshue
15:10:31 [Zakim]
sorry, Joshue, I do not recognize a party named '++353*'
15:10:40 [arun]
echo...
15:10:56 [shadi]
zakim, ??69 is Arun
15:10:56 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named '??69'
15:10:57 [Joshue]
zakim, +35346907aabb is Joshue
15:10:58 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
15:11:09 [Mate]
Mate Pataki
15:11:13 [sharper]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:11:16 [shadi]
zakim, ??18 is Mate
15:11:16 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named '??18'
15:11:23 [Zakim]
sharper, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: sharper (29%), Joshue (33%), shadi (29%), ??P69 (4%)
15:11:34 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:11:34 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:11:40 [arun]
I am using skype out, so no idea what the ??69 is either
15:11:43 [shadi]
zakim, ??p18 is Mate
15:11:44 [Zakim]
+Mate; got it
15:12:32 [shadi]
zakim, ??aaaa is Benoit
15:12:32 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named '??aaaa'
15:12:47 [arun]
echo...
15:13:52 [shadi]
zakim, mute mate
15:13:52 [Zakim]
Mate should now be muted
15:14:10 [shadi]
zakim, unmute mate
15:14:10 [Zakim]
Mate should no longer be muted
15:14:27 [shadi]
agenda?
15:15:10 [sharper]
zakim, close item 1
15:15:10 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome, closed
15:15:11 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:15:12 [Zakim]
2. Round the table introductions - each participant introduces themselves briefly [from sharper]
15:15:19 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 2
15:15:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Round the table introductions - each participant introduces themselves briefly" taken up [from sharper]
15:15:46 [sharper]
Shadi Introduces that he is the staff contact
15:16:27 [yeliz]
Simon is introducing himself, he is from University of Manchester and he will be chairing the working group
15:16:33 [sharper]
Simon Harper Chair from Manchester
15:16:35 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:16:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see sharper, km, shadi, +33.4.78.41.aaaa (muted), yeliz (muted), ??P69, Mate, Joshue (muted)
15:17:01 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Benoit
15:17:01 [Zakim]
+Benoit; got it
15:17:14 [sharper]
Klaus M from University of Linz - eAccess+ project maybe useful
15:18:29 [arun]
who is the current speaker?
15:18:40 [sharper]
Benoit, University of Lyon - online video accessibility for sensory disability
15:18:44 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute me
15:18:44 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:19:10 [shadi]
zakim, ??p69 is Arun
15:19:10 [Zakim]
+Arun; got it
15:19:23 [sharper]
Yeliz, Middle Eastern Technical University - Web Accessibility for Blind users - previously in EOWG
15:19:30 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
15:19:30 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:20:54 [Joshue]
Arun, could you please put that URL into IRC?
15:21:01 [sharper]
Arun, New Delhi - NGO Bi-Directional Access to Information Soc.
15:21:13 [Mate]
Máté, MTA SZTAKI (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Computer and Automation Research Institute), W3C Hungarian Office coordinator
15:21:48 [arun]
bapsi.org
15:21:49 [sharper]
Mate, Hungarian Office of W3C - Accessibility Coordinator
15:21:50 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
15:21:54 [arun]
skid.org.in
15:21:56 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:22:37 [shadi]
regrets: Markel
15:22:37 [sharper]
Josh, NCBI Ireland - Senior Accessibility Consultant
15:23:29 [Joshue]
thanks Arun!
15:23:51 [sharper]
zakim, close item 2
15:23:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Round the table introductions - each participant introduces themselves briefly, closed
15:23:53 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:23:54 [Zakim]
3. Reminder of meeting logistics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/ - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/planning [from sharper]
15:23:57 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 3
15:23:59 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Reminder of meeting logistics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/ - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/planning" taken up [from sharper]
15:24:32 [sharper]
SAZ: discusses logistics for the group
15:24:57 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:24:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-minutes.html sharper
15:26:10 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process
15:26:17 [Joshue]
How to use IRC - http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
15:27:54 [sharper]
SAZ: Covers each new page closing with the planning document
15:29:00 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:29:00 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:29:08 [shadi]
q+
15:29:23 [shadi]
ack
15:29:31 [shadi]
ack shadi
15:30:38 [sharper]
zakim, close item 3
15:30:38 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Reminder of meeting logistics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/ - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/planning, closed
15:30:40 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:30:42 [Zakim]
4. Brainstorming research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki [from sharper]
15:30:46 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 4
15:30:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Brainstorming research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki" taken up [from sharper]
15:31:27 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/
15:31:42 [sharper]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:31:53 [Zakim]
sharper, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:32:25 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Template
15:35:27 [sharper]
SAZ: Points to http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Authoring_Accessibility to describe the wiki process
15:36:19 [sharper]
...and http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Easy_to_Read
15:37:53 [Joshue]
SH: The more topics that we find on the wiki, we can use that as a point of reference for future work etc.
15:37:55 [Joshue]
SH: Anything you want to look at further please do add.
15:38:55 [sharper]
SAZ: also immediate outcomes http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Web_Page_Sampling
15:39:09 [Zakim]
-Mate
15:39:15 [Mate]
sorry I have to leave you now, I will read the minutes
15:41:05 [sharper]
SAZ: any clarifications required?
15:41:10 [sharper]
None
15:41:49 [sharper]
SAZ: any access problems - can everyone use the wiki?
15:42:02 [Joshue]
Yup, can get in fine.
15:42:32 [Zakim]
-yeliz
15:42:37 [sharper]
zakim, close item 4
15:42:37 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Brainstorming research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki, closed
15:42:42 [yeliz]
I also get in fine
15:42:44 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:42:45 [Zakim]
5. Topics for further expansion - any volunteers to further expand any topics? [from sharper]
15:42:46 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 5
15:42:46 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Topics for further expansion - any volunteers to further expand any topics?" taken up [from sharper]
15:43:08 [sharper]
SAZ: Any additional Thoughts?
15:43:12 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
15:43:12 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:43:13 [Joshue]
Q+
15:43:27 [sharper]
ack joshue
15:43:32 [Zakim]
+??P6
15:43:41 [yeliz]
zakim, +??P6 is yeliz
15:43:41 [Zakim]
sorry, yeliz, I do not recognize a party named '+??P6'
15:43:52 [yeliz]
zakim, ??P6 is yeliz
15:43:52 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
15:44:01 [yeliz]
zakim, mute yeliz
15:44:01 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:44:02 [sharper]
JO: Has Gestural stuff been added yet?
15:44:23 [sharper]
SAZ: not yet - but in charter - maybe nee more specific topics in the field
15:44:57 [sharper]
JO: Mobile Accessibility is of particular interest - iPhone + voiceover looks really good
15:45:18 [sharper]
JO: Would like to look at mobile accessibility
15:45:56 [sharper]
SAZ: many aspects - customisation, interfacer, gestural, APIs, etc - could be broken down into individual parts
15:46:20 [sharper]
SAZ: AM works in this with larger screens I think
15:46:45 [yeliz]
zakim, unmute yeliz
15:46:45 [Zakim]
yeliz should no longer be muted
15:47:26 [sharper]
JO: Web Events working Group may back this up - re events and their interaction - cross-fertilisation work
15:47:44 [sharper]
SAZ: JO please add and expand this.
15:47:51 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:47:51 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:48:45 [sharper]
YY: Are we going to focus on just Web Accessibility or general accessibility but could be useful for the Web?
15:48:56 [sharper]
YY: gives an Affective computing example
15:49:03 [sharper]
SAZ: Both ways
15:49:28 [sharper]
SH: I'd agree with this and there should be cross-pollination
15:49:49 [sharper]
SAZ+SH: Lets be open minded about this
15:50:38 [sharper]
YY: Mobile accessibility is very broad - different slightly from Mobile Web Accessibility
15:50:45 [sharper]
SAZ: Don't feel constrained
15:51:20 [sharper]
SAZ: lets just add topics and see what we get with no hard exclusions
15:51:20 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
15:51:20 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
15:52:26 [sharper]
AM: Would like to start looking at the wiki before adding topics but some thoughts...
15:52:52 [Joshue]
I've got to go, I'll track minutes etc. Bye
15:53:02 [sharper]
AM: starting from info in / info out - assumptions made about the user -
15:53:17 [Zakim]
-Joshue
15:54:08 [sharper]
AM: the way the user wishes to consume data may not be as the browser presents it
15:57:02 [km]
my microphone seems to have problems
15:57:32 [sharper]
zakim, close item 6
15:57:32 [Zakim]
agendum 6, Upcoming meeting schedule - Thursday 14 July, 2011 - Thursday 21 July, 2011 - Thursday 28 July, 2011 - Thursday 4 August, 2011, closed
15:57:34 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:57:35 [Zakim]
5. Topics for further expansion - any volunteers to further expand any topics? [from sharper]
15:57:39 [sharper]
zakim, next item
15:57:39 [Zakim]
I do not see any more non-closed or non-skipped agenda items, sharper
15:57:51 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 6
15:57:51 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Upcoming meeting schedule - Thursday 14 July, 2011 - Thursday 21 July, 2011 - Thursday 28 July, 2011 - Thursday 4 August, 2011" taken up [from sharper]
15:58:19 [sharper]
SAZ: Any volunteers for the editorial work of the teleconference seminar
15:58:40 [sharper]
SAZ: Maybe by suggestions to the mainling list
15:58:53 [sharper]
s/mainling/mailing
15:59:43 [sharper]
SAZ: Lets start by populating the wiki then we can choose from those topics
16:01:46 [sharper]
SAZ: be less constrained - push any ideas out their you want
16:03:51 [sharper]
RESOLVED: If you're excited by a topic and would like to do the first one - just add it to the wiki and volunteer to be the editor.
16:03:56 [benoit]
ok bye
16:04:03 [Zakim]
-Arun
16:04:14 [yeliz]
yeliz has left #rd
16:04:16 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:04:16 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:04:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-rd-minutes.html sharper
16:04:19 [Zakim]
-sharper
16:04:24 [benoit]
-benoit
16:04:25 [Zakim]
-km
16:04:33 [Zakim]
-yeliz
16:04:42 [Zakim]
-shadi
16:04:45 [Zakim]
-Benoit
16:04:49 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()11:00AM has ended
16:04:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were sharper, km, +33.4.78.41.aaaa, shadi, yeliz, Joshue, Mate, Benoit, Arun
16:55:26 [shadi]
shadi has joined #rd
18:00:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rd