IRC log of gld on 2011-07-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:37:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:37:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-gld-irc
13:37:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
13:37:51 [sandro]
zakim, this will be gld
13:37:51 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 23 minutes
13:37:59 [sandro]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:39:11 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
13:40:34 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has been moved to #gld-wg by gatemezi
13:41:56 [Simpson_2]
Simpson_2 has joined #gld
13:50:30 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has joined #gld
13:51:47 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: GLD is here
13:51:55 [sandro]
zakim, this is gld
13:51:55 [Zakim]
sandro, T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM is already associated with an irc channel; use 'move gld to here' if you mean to reassociate the channel
13:52:01 [sandro]
zakim, move gld to here
13:52:02 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
13:52:04 [Simpson_2]
I was about to ask
13:52:14 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: GLD is here, not #gld-wg
13:52:14 [davidwood]
davidwood has joined #gld
13:52:39 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: GLD is here, not #gld-wg Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.07.07
13:52:53 [Zakim]
+??P4
13:53:15 [Simpson_2]
Zakim, ??p4 is mew
13:53:15 [Zakim]
+mew; got it
13:53:19 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
13:53:37 [Simpson_2]
hi all
13:53:39 [Zakim]
+raphael
13:54:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.557.aaaa
13:54:24 [sandro]
bhyland, did you catch that? raphael is willing to scribe today, if you don't have a scribe yet.
13:55:27 [sandro]
Indeed, I'm sure others will be clamoring for the honor. :-)
13:55:54 [bhyland]
great, thank you Rafael. We plan to have alternating chairs, and revolving scribes. See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes#Scribes
13:56:49 [raphael]
Chair: Bernadette
13:56:53 [raphael]
Scribe: Raphaem
13:56:58 [raphael]
Scribenick: raphael
13:57:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-gld-minutes.html raphael
13:57:10 [Zakim]
+davidwood
13:57:20 [DruidSmith]
DruidSmith has joined #gld
13:57:45 [Simpson_2]
Zakim, ??p4 is me
13:57:45 [Zakim]
I already had ??P4 as mew, Simpson_2
13:57:48 [George]
George has joined #gld
13:57:50 [davidwood]
Zakim, davidwood is bhyland
13:57:50 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
13:57:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.292.aabb
13:58:00 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Bernardette, DavidWood, HadleyBeeman
13:58:30 [wbrafford]
wbrafford has joined #GLD
13:58:47 [Zakim]
+ +25430217aacc
13:58:53 [Zakim]
+DruidSmith
13:59:03 [raphael]
Chair+ George
13:59:07 [Zakim]
+??P15
13:59:13 [Simon]
Simon has joined #gld
13:59:19 [davidwood]
davidwood has left #gld
13:59:30 [cygri_]
cygri_ has joined #gld
13:59:36 [Simpson_2]
Zakim, mew is really Simpson_2
13:59:36 [Zakim]
+Simpson_2; got it
13:59:37 [raphael]
Regrets: Michael
14:00:09 [SimonWall]
SimonWall has joined #gld
14:00:28 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/0001.html
14:00:53 [Zakim]
+cygri
14:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aadd
14:01:02 [rick2]
rick2 has joined #gld
14:01:08 [martin]
martin has joined #gld
14:01:10 [raphael]
Present+ Richard
14:01:28 [Zakim]
+??P27
14:01:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.704.302.aaee
14:02:12 [Zakim]
+??P34
14:02:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.690.aaff
14:02:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.540.645.aagg
14:02:50 [martin]
zakim, ?P34 is me
14:02:54 [Zakim]
+??P38
14:03:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-gld-minutes.html raphael
14:03:08 [martin]
zakim, ??P34 is me
14:03:13 [Zakim]
-??P38
14:03:21 [Zakim]
sorry, martin, I do not recognize a party named '?P34'
14:03:27 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
14:03:37 [Zakim]
+ +49.721.aahh
14:03:41 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
14:03:59 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663&public=1
14:04:03 [Zakim]
I see Math_IG()10:00AM, SW_(PROV1)8:00AM, WAI_PFWG(AAPI)10:00AM, INC_LLDXG()10:00AM, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, SW_RDFa()10:00AM, T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM, UW_POI(POIWG)10:00AM active
14:04:08 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are MM_MMI(EMMA)10:00AM, XML_PMWG()10:00AM, WF_TF()9:00AM, IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM
14:04:14 [raphael]
zakim, this is T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
14:04:32 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Introduction
14:04:42 [Zakim]
raphael, this was already T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
14:04:44 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
14:04:50 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:04:53 [raphael]
George Thomas: co-chair of this group
14:05:34 [fadmaa]
fadmaa has joined #gld
14:05:53 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes
14:06:05 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:06:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, +1.202.557.aaaa, bhyland, +1.703.292.aabb, +25430217aacc, DruidSmith, ??P15, cygri, +1.202.566.aadd, ??P27, +1.704.302.aaee
14:06:08 [Zakim]
... (muted), martin, +1.202.690.aaff, +1.540.645.aagg, +49.721.aahh, Sandro
14:06:13 [boris]
boris has joined #gld
14:06:21 [raphael]
Bernardette: co-chair of this group
14:06:24 [bkaempgen]
zakim, +49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:06:24 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen; got it
14:06:46 [raphael]
... both of us new in co-chairing a w3c group, so we're happy to take advice and suggestions from the group
14:07:06 [Zakim]
+??P46
14:07:08 [TGheen]
TGheen has joined #gld
14:07:17 [Zakim]
-??P46
14:07:29 [raphael]
... the agenda is sent at least 24 hours in advance
14:07:32 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:07:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, +1.202.557.aaaa, bhyland, +1.703.292.aabb, +25430217aacc, DruidSmith, ??P15, cygri, +1.202.566.aadd, ??P27 (muted),
14:07:35 [Zakim]
... +1.704.302.aaee (muted), martin, +1.202.690.aaff, +1.540.645.aagg, +49.721.aahh, Sandro
14:07:38 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:07:39 [raphael]
... speak up for regrets or possible addition to the agenda
14:07:50 [sandro]
q+
14:07:55 [raphael]
... the time we pick was the most convenient for the majority, sorry for the others
14:08:10 [raphael]
Topic: 2. F2F meeting in June
14:08:24 [raphael]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1
14:08:49 [raphael]
... minutes of the first day: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-06-29
14:09:01 [raphael]
... minutes of the second day: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-06-30
14:09:04 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has been moved to #gld-wg by gatemezi
14:09:40 [sandro]
zakim, move gld to here
14:09:42 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
14:09:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.691.aaii
14:09:56 [Michael]
Michael has joined #gld
14:10:37 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
14:11:02 [sandro]
zakim, aaaa is Rick_Murphy
14:11:11 [Zakim]
+Rick_Murphy; got it
14:11:19 [George]
zakim, aaff is George
14:11:25 [Zakim]
+George; got it
14:11:36 [sandro]
zakim, aabb is Ernie
14:11:39 [Zakim]
+Ernie; got it
14:11:40 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:11:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, +25430217aacc, DruidSmith, ??P15, cygri, +1.202.566.aadd, SimonWall, +1.704.302.aaee (muted),
14:11:48 [Zakim]
... martin, George, +1.540.645.aagg, +49.721.aahh, Sandro, ??P52, +1.202.691.aaii
14:11:52 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:11:59 [sandro]
zakim, aadd is Mike_Pendleton
14:11:59 [Zakim]
+Mike_Pendleton; got it
14:12:18 [annew]
annew has joined #gld
14:13:05 [sandro]
zakim, aacc is Fadi
14:13:05 [Zakim]
+Fadi; got it
14:13:05 [gatemezi]
gatemezi has joined #gld
14:13:33 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen is Benedikt Kämpgen
14:14:03 [sandro]
zakim, ??P15 is Yigal
14:14:03 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:14:20 [sandro]
zakim, aadd is Dave_Smith
14:14:20 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not recognize a party named 'aadd'
14:14:32 [boris]
zakim, who is here
14:14:32 [Zakim]
boris, you need to end that query with '?'
14:14:34 [boris]
?
14:14:37 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:14:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, +1.704.302.aaee, martin, George,
14:14:41 [Zakim]
... +1.540.645.aagg, +49.721.aahh, Sandro, ??P52, +1.202.691.aaii
14:14:42 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:14:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.270.aajj
14:14:56 [annew]
that's me, annew 270
14:14:58 [sandro]
zakim, aaee is brafford
14:14:58 [Zakim]
+brafford; got it
14:15:24 [sandro]
zakim, aagg is Tina
14:15:24 [Zakim]
+Tina; got it
14:15:28 [boris]
zakim, ??P52 is probably me
14:15:28 [Zakim]
+boris?; got it
14:15:47 [sandro]
zakim, aaii is Dan_Gilman
14:15:47 [Zakim]
+Dan_Gilman; got it
14:15:50 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:15:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, brafford (muted), martin, George, Tina,
14:15:50 [gatemezi]
zakim, gatemezi is ghislain
14:15:54 [Zakim]
... +49.721.aahh, Sandro, boris?, Dan_Gilman, +1.202.270.aajj
14:15:56 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:15:58 [Zakim]
sorry, gatemezi, I do not recognize a party named 'gatemezi'
14:16:04 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:16:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, brafford (muted), martin, George, Tina,
14:16:07 [Zakim]
... +49.721.aahh, Sandro, boris?, Dan_Gilman, +1.202.270.aajj
14:16:09 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:16:30 [Simpson_2]
;)
14:16:34 [annew]
cute
14:17:39 [user]
user has joined #gld
14:17:49 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:17:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, brafford (muted), martin, George, Tina,
14:17:52 [Zakim]
... +49.721.aahh, Sandro, boris?, Dan_Gilman, +1.202.270.aajj
14:17:53 [Zakim]
+49.721.aahh has bkaempgen
14:18:12 [sandro]
zakim, aajj is Anne_Washington
14:18:12 [Zakim]
+Anne_Washington; got it
14:18:26 [user]
tobo = Tope Omitola
14:18:48 [sandro]
tobo, use "/nick tobo"
14:19:20 [user]
user has left #gld
14:20:20 [user]
user has joined #gld
14:20:28 [bkaempgen]
zakim, aahh is bkaempgen
14:20:29 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen; got it
14:20:30 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:20:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, brafford (muted), martin, George, Tina,
14:20:33 [Zakim]
... bkaempgen, Sandro, boris?, Dan_Gilman, Anne_Washington
14:20:35 [Zakim]
bkaempgen has bkaempgen
14:21:22 [gatemezi]
zakim, who is talking?
14:21:33 [Zakim]
gatemezi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Simpson_2 (84%), bhyland (5%), SimonWall (4%), Sandro (9%)
14:21:54 [HadleyBeeman]
Is my microphone hard to hear?
14:22:04 [raphael]
Hadley: data.gov.uk
14:22:39 [HadleyBeeman]
Thank you, bhyland!
14:22:55 [raphael]
Raphael: assistant professor in EURECOM, multimedia semantics, datalift project in France (data.gouv.fr)
14:23:04 [raphael]
Rick: US
14:23:17 [raphael]
Bernadette: 3stones, Washington DC
14:23:41 [HadleyBeeman]
Raphael: I'm not officially representing data.gov.uk, though I'm working closely with them. I'm on the re-use/linking/best practices side; where as they're more on publishing and reference datasets.
14:23:46 [raphael]
Fadi: ireland, DERI Galway
14:24:06 [raphael]
Simpson_2: data.gov in NL
14:24:17 [sandro]
s/Raphael:/Raphael,/
14:24:22 [user]
Tope Omitola University of Southampton
14:24:53 [raphael]
Richard: DERI, statistical data in RDF, member of RDF WG and RDB2RDF WG
14:25:18 [raphael]
Michael: US Environement Protection Agency in Washington DC with Druid
14:25:23 [raphael]
DruidSmith works for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, manages Facility Registry System http://www.epa.gov/enviro/html/fii/index.html - LOD prototype modeling of FRS: http://epa.gov.clients.talis.com/.html
14:26:10 [gatemezi]
zakim, who is talking?
14:26:12 [raphael]
William: Semantic Web company, colleagues involved in the RDF and Provenance WG
14:26:20 [Zakim]
gatemezi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Simpson_2 (4%), SimonWall (4%), martin (74%)
14:26:27 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:26:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_2, raphael, Rick_Murphy, bhyland, Ernie, Fadi, DruidSmith, Yigal, cygri, Mike_Pendleton, SimonWall, brafford, martin, George, Tina,
14:26:31 [Zakim]
... bkaempgen, Sandro, boris?, Dan_Gilman, Anne_Washington
14:26:33 [Zakim]
bkaempgen has bkaempgen
14:26:45 [wbrafford]
My company is Revelytix, Inc. http://www.revelytix.com
14:26:58 [raphael]
Boris: work in UPM (Spain), we have at least 2 projects which are 5 stars compliant, OpenData movement in Spain
14:27:15 [martin]
s/Boris/Martin
14:27:22 [raphael]
George: the other co-chair of this group, works for data.gov in US
14:27:33 [martin]
s/UPM/CTIC
14:27:59 [boris]
do not worry
14:28:17 [George]
George - works for US Dept. of Health and Human Services www.hhs.gov - works with US data.gov PMO
14:28:20 [raphael]
Sandro: W3C team contact, worked in SPARQL, Provenance, etc.
14:28:36 [sandro]
zakim, Boris? is Boris
14:28:49 [Zakim]
+Boris; got it
14:28:53 [raphael]
Boris: UPM, developing LinkedData projects for several agencies, currently working in DERI for 2 months
14:29:00 [sandro]
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
14:29:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.409.aakk
14:29:28 [raphael]
s/UPM/Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
14:29:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-gld-minutes.html raphael
14:29:49 [TGheen]
Tina Gheen is at the National Science Foundation Library in Arlington, VA on temporary assignment to the Library of Congress. Working on a Law project with linked data potential.
14:30:16 [sandro]
( raphael note that we're using CommonScribe not RRSAgent's minutes. )
14:30:17 [gatemezi]
Ghislain, PHD student working in the Datalift project, www.datalift.org, at the French government level...
14:30:35 [gatemezi]
My supervisor is Raphaël
14:30:56 [gatemezi]
I am now at Eurecom
14:30:57 [sandro]
Anne: Going to George Mason Univ.
14:31:07 [sandro]
Aisen: I'm at MITRE
14:31:29 [sandro]
zakim, aakk is Michael_Aisenberg
14:31:29 [Zakim]
+Michael_Aisenberg; got it
14:32:04 [sandro]
topic: Announcements
14:32:57 [raphael]
Hadley: annoucement of a set of new open datasets from the Prime Minister
14:33:13 [raphael]
... data about transport, crime statistics
14:33:22 [George]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/07/government-transparency-data-releases
14:35:03 [George]
+1
14:35:05 [raphael]
Bernadette: should we go for 1 hour or 1,5 hour telecon?
14:35:09 [SimonWall]
+1
14:35:11 [Simpson_2]
+1
14:35:12 [raphael]
... I would vote for 1 hour
14:35:12 [raphael]
+1
14:35:16 [boris]
+1
14:35:18 [martin]
+1 (one hour)
14:35:21 [Yigal]
+1
14:35:24 [gatemezi]
+1
14:35:31 [raphael]
Bernadette: should we meet weekly during the summer ?
14:35:43 [raphael]
... we could 3 telecon in July because we need to start
14:35:48 [raphael]
... and 2 telecon in August
14:35:49 [annew]
+1 short summer
14:35:50 [George]
George may get called for jury duty next Thu 7/14
14:35:54 [raphael]
... should we skip 14/07 ?
14:36:13 [raphael]
Raphael: 14/07 is national day in France :-)
14:36:25 [HadleyBeeman]
While we're discussing meetings, is there a face-to-face planned during the TPAC?
14:36:46 [raphael]
Sandro: put a wiki page up so people can state their availability
14:37:06 [raphael]
Hadley, I think it is too late for TPAC ... all group meetings have been arranged already
14:37:12 [George]
q+
14:37:18 [sandro]
q-
14:37:21 [raphael]
zakim, ack sandro
14:37:21 [Zakim]
I see George on the speaker queue
14:37:23 [sandro]
q- george
14:37:34 [HadleyBeeman]
Thanks, George (and Sandro)
14:37:40 [Mike_Pendleton]
Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:37:55 [raphael]
TPAC is in Santa Clara in November
14:38:24 [raphael]
Sandro: TPAC is a full week where all groups meet (Mon-Tue and Thu-Fri) while Wed is for the AC
14:38:39 [raphael]
... we should wonder soon when will be the next F2F meeting
14:38:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.281.aall
14:39:26 [user]
user has left #gld
14:39:33 [raphael]
Topic: June F2F meeting
14:39:47 [raphael]
Raphael: wonder if there is a tracker set up for this group ?
14:41:56 [tobo]
tobo has joined #gld
14:44:12 [raphael]
Bernadette: community directory
14:44:33 [raphael]
William?
14:44:37 [wbrafford]
unmute brafford
14:44:37 [annew]
point of order for coming back to issues... we are about 15 minutes before 11am
14:44:45 [sandro]
zakim, who is muted?
14:44:45 [Zakim]
I see brafford muted
14:45:20 [wbrafford]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary
14:46:18 [tobo]
tobo here Tope Omitola University of Southampton
14:47:01 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:47:08 [gatemezi]
I think it is a good base to start. Do we have enough volunteers for that?
14:47:57 [raphael]
William: unclear which technology should be used for this community directory
14:48:08 [raphael]
... web site, wiki
14:48:13 [raphael]
... we can have a discussion
14:49:25 [gatemezi]
@William: I suppose all the technologies used in all the process of publishing data on the web
14:49:57 [gatemezi]
thus, classify by process
14:50:23 [annew]
ok just trying to determine what the first step is.
14:50:46 [raphael]
Bernadette: we should most likely go for open source tools
14:51:21 [George]
I think it'd be interesting to use the public Knoodl site to compose the Vocabs (with an eye toward Standard Vocab dogfood) and then have someone host a Callimachus instance (who?)
14:51:40 [raphael]
... how to select the tools to mention?
14:51:48 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:51:51 [tobo]
Apologies, I joined the call late. What directory are you talking about, Bernadette?
14:51:55 [raphael]
... we talk a bit a the F2F meeting
14:52:02 [raphael]
... who is interested in helping for this?
14:52:07 [sandro]
tobo, the first deliverable, in the Charter.
14:52:14 [tobo]
OK.
14:52:20 [George]
@tobo - see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary
14:52:23 [tobo]
Let me check the charter
14:52:24 [raphael]
Raphael: there is the SW Use Cases to get inspiration from
14:52:49 [tobo]
Do we mean this : Deployments, at every stage of the effort from initial consideration to maturity, with (when available) success stories, lessons learned, and ongoing challenges (concrete use cases)
14:53:23 [sandro]
q+
14:53:24 [DruidSmith_2]
DruidSmith_2 has joined #gld
14:53:25 [raphael]
... the Multimedia Semantics XG also tried to do that, e.g. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/
14:53:26 [sandro]
ack bkaempgen
14:53:46 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
14:53:48 [bkaempgen]
http://wiki.planet-data.eu/web/Main_Page
14:53:56 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (53%), raphael (100%), martin (4%)
14:54:30 [lucier]
lucier has joined #gld
14:54:35 [raphael]
Raphael: main SW wiki is at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Main_Page
14:55:00 [annew]
+1 on wiki templates from sandro
14:55:09 [raphael]
SWEO use cases at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/
14:55:57 [tobo]
I think we're talking about this: Action Item: Support of 2.1.1 - 2.1.4 - Community Directory - Deployments, Vendors, Contractors, Applications - Volunteer: William Bradford ?
14:56:11 [Simpson_2]
there is a lot of background noice :(
14:56:20 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
14:56:31 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (50%), raphael (5%), bhyland (100%)
14:56:39 [sandro]
zakim, mute ??P0
14:56:39 [Zakim]
??P0 should now be muted
14:56:57 [raphael]
Raphael: I would suggest to create a new wiki template, similar to the tools one at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Tools but for Governement Data
14:57:04 [raphael]
... at the same location
14:57:15 [Simpson_2]
sandro, +1 to just start
14:57:27 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:57:36 [sandro]
ack sandro
14:57:59 [sandro]
ack bkaempgen
14:58:15 [tobo]
Bernadette? I'm happy to help William on this task.
14:58:25 [bhyland]
@tobo thanks!
14:58:40 [tobo]
Very good.
14:59:03 [sandro]
bkaempgen: I'm happy to help with Semantic Media Wiki, but I don't want to be the driver.
14:59:42 [George]
bkaempgen offers to support the use of SMW
14:59:43 [gatemezi]
Could I join the group in charge of the community Directory?
15:00:33 [DruidSmith]
I can attempt to help but don't yet have a great deal of tech familiarity with Callimachus or Semantic Media Wiki
15:00:39 [Zakim]
+??P61
15:00:39 [tobo]
YES,
15:00:48 [tobo]
Tope Omitola
15:00:56 [Yigal]
?p61 is Yigal
15:01:02 [sandro]
Atemezing, Ghislain Auguste
15:01:08 [Yigal]
zakim, ?p61 is Yigal [08:01] <sandro> Atemezing, Ghis
15:01:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, Yigal
15:02:00 [Yigal]
zakim, ??P61 is Yigal
15:02:20 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
15:03:01 [rickmurphy]
+q
15:03:04 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
15:03:25 [George]
Tope, Ghislain and David offered to help with ComDir
15:03:38 [gatemezi]
yes, Sandro
15:03:45 [HadleyBeeman]
Bernadette, I'll help with the cookbook, legacy data, stability and versioning.
15:04:29 [annew]
Yay! Hadley for helping me with stability!
15:04:39 [rickmurphy]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Technology_Policy_Leaders
15:04:52 [HadleyBeeman]
Looking forward to working with you, Annew. :)
15:04:55 [rickmurphy]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Civil_Society
15:05:13 [Simpson_2]
+q
15:05:24 [raphael]
Raphael: I'm under the impression that all these wiki pages are not linked from the main page, are they?
15:05:43 [sandro]
q?
15:05:54 [sandro]
ack rickmurphy
15:06:02 [gatemezi]
I can contribute in the vocabulary selection also...
15:06:17 [gatemezi]
under the Cookbook if possible
15:06:58 [cygri]
i can contribute to the Versioning and Legacy Data chapters
15:07:38 [wbrafford]
The hyperlinks Rick is talking about are here: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary#Outreach
15:07:38 [Michael]
I'd like to help with the ComDir
15:07:52 [annew]
+q we need a central place for all these wiki links
15:08:20 [boris]
we can contribute on vocabulary selection
15:08:24 [fadmaa]
I'd like to help with the cookbook
15:08:26 [tobo]
Community Discovery: William, Tope, and Ghislain.
15:08:46 [cygri]
q+
15:09:20 [fadmaa]
I can contribute to Legacy Data chapter as well
15:09:34 [sandro]
gilman: I'm chairing US Gov Open Vocabs interest group
15:10:04 [Michael]
On BPs, I'd like to support 3. Guidance in explaining the value proposition for LOD to stakeholders, managers and executives.
15:10:21 [annew]
+1 Raphael's point that we need a central place that links to all these new wiki pages
15:11:49 [gatemezi]
+1 to Raphael idea
15:12:10 [Zakim]
-Anne_Washington
15:12:15 [George]
@Dan - the OGV metadata recommendations and an analysis of it's relationship to other posited vocabs is of interest to this WG
15:12:26 [sandro]
raphael, see http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual.html (and I'll be on IRC)
15:13:33 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:13:50 [George]
@Dan - ( realize Dan isn't on this IRC channel ) - the aforementioned OGV whitepaper makes no direct contribution to this WG deliverables other than recommending the use of SemWeb technologies and Linked Data
15:15:52 [bhyland]
Wiki page, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
15:17:14 [wbrafford]
+q
15:17:19 [cygri]
q-
15:18:16 [Simpson_2]
q-
15:18:34 [Simpson_2]
okay I would like to help on use case / best practices part
15:18:45 [Simpson_2]
I have full control over the work for the Fire Department Amsterdam
15:19:13 [bkaempgen]
I would like to help on Statistical "Cube" Data.
15:20:26 [wbrafford]
q-
15:21:14 [wbrafford]
New wiki pages should be listed under "Ongoing Work" at http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page
15:21:19 [HadleyBeeman]
Thanks, bhyland and George! Useful telecon.
15:21:22 [Simpson_2]
thank !
15:21:22 [Zakim]
-Dan_Gilman
15:21:24 [Zakim]
-Mike_Pendleton
15:21:24 [DruidSmith]
Thanks all
15:21:25 [martin]
Thanks, bye
15:21:25 [Zakim]
- +1.703.281.aall
15:21:27 [Zakim]
-Ernie
15:21:28 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:21:29 [Zakim]
-Yigal.a
15:21:29 [Zakim]
-Fadi
15:21:30 [Zakim]
-raphael
15:21:31 [Zakim]
-SimonWall
15:21:33 [Zakim]
-bhyland
15:21:35 [Zakim]
-martin
15:21:36 [bkaempgen]
Thanks
15:21:37 [Zakim]
-Simpson_2
15:21:40 [Zakim]
-DruidSmith
15:21:41 [cygri]
thanks bhyland, george, sandro! great first meeting :-)
15:21:41 [martin]
martin has left #gld
15:21:44 [Zakim]
-bkaempgen
15:21:47 [Zakim]
-brafford
15:21:48 [bhyland]
thanks all.
15:21:48 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
15:21:50 [Zakim]
-Michael_Aisenberg
15:21:52 [Zakim]
-Tina
15:21:54 [Zakim]
-cygri
15:22:03 [Zakim]
-George
15:22:05 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:22:05 [Simpson_2]
Simpson_2 has left #gld
15:24:10 [Zakim]
-??P0
15:27:04 [Zakim]
-Rick_Murphy
15:30:00 [gatemezi]
rrsagent, please create the minutes
15:30:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:31:55 [sandro]
gatemezi, we're not ussing RRSAgent minutes for this group.
15:32:26 [gatemezi]
@Sandro ok. thanks!!
15:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Boris, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
15:35:04 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:35:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were HadleyBeeman, raphael, +1.202.557.aaaa, bhyland, +1.703.292.aabb, +25430217aacc, DruidSmith, Simpson_2, cygri, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.704.302.aaee, +1.202.690.aaff,
15:35:09 [Zakim]
... +1.540.645.aagg, martin, Sandro, bkaempgen, +1.202.691.aaii, SimonWall, Rick_Murphy, George, Ernie, Mike_Pendleton, Fadi, Yigal, +1.202.270.aajj, brafford, Tina, Dan_Gilman,
15:35:11 [Zakim]
... Anne_Washington, Boris, +1.202.409.aakk, Michael_Aisenberg, +1.703.281.aall
15:38:23 [sandro]
raphael, any luck with CommonScribe? Want any help?
15:41:45 [tobo]
tobo has left #gld
15:42:33 [sandro]
Did you try the CommonScribe panel?
15:51:28 [raphael]
The minutes are awful: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/wiki_scribe/?source=http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Chatlog_2011-07-07
15:51:37 [raphael]
sorry, I'm used to RRS Agent, I can't help her
15:52:26 [sandro]
The problem here is that we have a lot of guests who need to be declared. I'll do that. Hold on 5 minutes.
16:06:53 [sandro]
okay, raphael, I think I've added the necessary GUEST and PRESENT lines, and nicknames into tracker. Now the "scribe errors" are legit scribe errors. :-)
16:11:08 [raphael]
re-generating
16:12:15 [raphael]
ok, they are better now
16:12:20 [raphael]
I let you disseminate them ?
16:12:25 [raphael]
I have to leave sorry
17:30:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
17:34:07 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
18:02:59 [bhyland]
gatemezi