IRC log of dap on 2011-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:27:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:27:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-dap-irc
13:27:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:27:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:27:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:27:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 33 minutes
13:27:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:27:24 [trackbot]
Date: 06 July 2011
13:27:53 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jul/0055.html
13:29:00 [fjh]
Regrets+ Dzung_Tran, Niklas_Widell
13:29:23 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:29:27 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:37:54 [ernesto_jimenez]
ernesto_jimenez has joined #dap
13:46:24 [fjh]
Regrets+ C├ęcile_Marc
13:51:56 [ernesto_jimenez]
hi fjh
13:52:31 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #dap
13:53:07 [ernesto_jimenez]
fjh, is the +44 number from your email working? I tried that number the other day and didn't get to Zakim :)
13:56:10 [ernesto_jimenez]
ok, I think it might be outdated, the phone was answered by a person who didn't know what I was talking about XD
13:58:27 [SungOk_You]
SungOk_You has joined #dap
14:00:31 [ernesto_jimenez]
fjh: thx, I have the VOIP and the US number, so no need for the list right now, but it would be nice to check the numbers sent to the mailing list are not outdated :)
14:00:36 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #dap
14:00:41 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
14:00:46 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.144.aaaa
14:01:22 [richt]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:01:22 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
14:01:27 [ernesto_jimenez]
my pleasure :)
14:01:29 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
14:01:48 [SungOk_You]
Present+ SungOk_You
14:01:51 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:01:58 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P14 is me
14:01:58 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:02:08 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:02:18 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:02:29 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:02:33 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:02:33 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:03:04 [Zakim]
+??P25
14:03:12 [Zakim]
+??P26
14:03:19 [fjh]
zakim, ??P26 is me
14:03:19 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:03:20 [Zakim]
+jsoref
14:03:21 [darobin]
Zakim, passcode?
14:03:22 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), darobin
14:03:32 [Zakim]
+ +44.778.611.aabb
14:03:33 [SungOk_You]
zakim, ??P25 is me.
14:03:33 [Zakim]
+SungOk_You; got it
14:03:36 [ernesto_jimenez]
Present+ Ernesto_Jimenez
14:03:50 [fjh]
zakim, zakim, code?
14:03:50 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, fjh.
14:04:11 [darobin]
Zakim, aabb is ernesto_jimenez
14:04:11 [Zakim]
+ernesto_jimenez; got it
14:04:12 [Zakim]
+ +82.31.30.1.aacc
14:04:36 [wonsuk]
zakim, +82.31.30.1.aacc is me
14:04:36 [Zakim]
+wonsuk; got it
14:04:44 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see richt, darobin, AnssiK, SungOk_You, fjh, jsoref, ernesto_jimenez, wonsuk
14:04:46 [ernesto_jimenez]
the 44
14:04:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AnssiK, darobin, wonsuk, SungOk_You, ernesto_jimenez, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, richt, jsoref, wmaslowski, lgombos, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:04:53 [darobin]
Scribe: jsoref
14:04:54 [wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
14:04:58 [darobin]
ScribeNick: jsoref
14:05:03 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:05:25 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see richt, darobin, AnssiK, SungOk_You, fjh, jsoref, ernesto_jimenez, wonsuk
14:05:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, AnssiK, darobin, wonsuk, SungOk_You, ernesto_jimenez, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, richt, jsoref, wmaslowski, lgombos, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:05:39 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
14:06:03 [jsoref]
Present+ Josh_Soref
14:06:32 [fjh]
19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html
14:06:41 [jsoref]
fjh: F2F is coming, fast
14:06:47 [fjh]
Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/
14:06:49 [jsoref]
... please register ... registration is still open
14:06:57 [jsoref]
... hopefully everyone is already registered
14:07:01 [fjh]
Draft minutes Identity in the Browser workshop
14:07:02 [darobin]
[we have 20 attendees for the f2f, which is good]
14:07:03 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/wiki/IdentityBrowser
14:07:09 [jsoref]
... Any other announcements?
14:07:20 [jsoref]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:07:24 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/att-0114/29-dap-minutes.html
14:07:24 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 June 2011 are approved
14:07:40 [jsoref]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 June 2011 are approved
14:07:48 [jsoref]
Topic: Privacy Best Practices
14:07:53 [fjh]
New draft, see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/privacy-practices/
14:08:17 [jsoref]
I plan to give some comments, i just haven't had time to yet
14:08:27 [jsoref]
fjh: we'll take it to the list
14:08:34 [jsoref]
Topic: Battery Status
14:08:36 [fjh]
Draft updated, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0123.html
14:08:41 [jsoref]
fjh: I know AnssiK did some work
14:08:50 [jsoref]
AnssiK: yeah, i did some work, mainly based on dougt's feedback
14:09:01 [jsoref]
... I added BatteryLow and BatteryCritical
14:09:11 [jsoref]
... and some other minor changes
14:09:29 [jsoref]
fjh: I think we need review on the Battery Draft
14:09:36 [jsoref]
... I think we're planning on a LC at the F2F
14:09:41 [jsoref]
Topic: Contacts
14:09:52 [jsoref]
darobin: i'm not sure how much we have to talk on the call
14:10:00 [jsoref]
... We got feedback from XXX
14:10:10 [fjh]
s/XXX/i8n
14:10:13 [jsoref]
... We got lots of good feedback
14:10:17 [jsoref]
s/i8n/i18n/
14:10:26 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:10:32 [jsoref]
darobin: I've provided personal responses
14:10:52 [jsoref]
... We will at some point need to accept or replace them with official WG responses
14:11:01 [fjh]
f2f agenda item to review and provide official responses to contacts issues raised
14:11:04 [jsoref]
... Beyond that, there's some discussion on the WebKit dev list
14:11:18 [jsoref]
... General feedback is that the feature could be interesting
14:11:21 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:11:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:11:25 [jsoref]
... but people seem to prefer integration with WebForms
14:11:29 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:11:35 [jsoref]
... <input type=contact> or somesuch
14:11:44 [jsoref]
... I need to prod people to provide formal feedback
14:11:44 [darobin]
s/WebForms/web forms/
14:11:47 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:11:49 [jsoref]
... e.g. as LC FeedBack
14:12:07 [jsoref]
... I don't know if richard has any XXX to do
14:12:12 [fjh]
s/hi fjh//
14:12:21 [fjh]
s/XXX/actions/
14:12:36 [fjh]
s/fjh, is the +44 number from your email working? I tried that number the other day and didn't get to Zakim :)//
14:12:39 [jsoref]
darobin: If you have answers to feedback, you're more than welcome to provide them now
14:12:51 [jsoref]
richt: I've been collecting feedback
14:12:54 [fjh]
s/ok, I think it might be outdated, the phone was answered by a person who didn't know what I was talking about XD//
14:13:02 [fjh]
s/fjh: thx, I have the VOIP and the US number, so no need for the list right now, but it would be nice to check the numbers sent to the mailing list are not outdated :)//
14:13:06 [jsoref]
... and once the 15th comes around, i'll provide feedback
14:13:15 [fjh]
s/actions/responses to issues
14:13:16 [jsoref]
darobin: how are you collecting it?
14:13:24 [fjh]
s/y pleasure :)//
14:13:26 [jsoref]
... if you're so inclined, there's a tool for collecting them
14:13:31 [fjh]
s/my pleasure :)//
14:13:36 [jsoref]
richt: that'd be good to have
14:13:38 [darobin]
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-contacts-api-20110616/
14:13:38 [fjh]
s/the 44//
14:13:55 [jsoref]
richt: It'd be good if people would tag emails, e.g. [Contacts]
14:14:02 [jsoref]
... So I could filter feedback...
14:14:17 [jsoref]
darobin: It's a bit late now, but people generally have included "Contacts" in the Subject
14:14:34 [jsoref]
fjh: Tentative ACTION on richt to enter feedback into the tracker tool
14:14:43 [jsoref]
richt: I'm going to enter XX2 into the tool
14:14:51 [jsoref]
... it's a good way to track things
14:15:11 [jsoref]
darobin: I don't think we need to give richt an action, as darobin and fjh have an action to use the tool
14:15:19 [fjh]
richt, it would help if you send a message with links to issue emails to the list as a summary, then we can help with the tool
14:15:29 [jsoref]
richt: I'm open to people doing CVS commits directly to the draft
14:15:44 [jsoref]
[ scribe doesn't have CVS / hg access and should get that set up at some point ]
14:15:52 [jsoref]
darobin: I don't know if ernesto_jimenez has XX3
14:15:59 [jsoref]
ernesto_jimenez: I'm still getting up to speed
14:16:08 [jsoref]
darobin: Please feel free to jump in
14:16:16 [jsoref]
... it's ok if you break something, it's easy to fix
14:16:30 [fjh]
s/XX3/interest in editing now/
14:16:36 [jsoref]
fjh: Anything else on Contacts?
14:16:48 [jsoref]
Topic: Permissions API
14:17:03 [fjh]
s/fjh: Anything else/darobin: Anything else/
14:17:21 [jsoref]
darobin: The older drafts for the spec route to the new one
14:17:25 [fjh]
Dom shared related blog discussion, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jun/0126.html
14:17:34 [AnssiK]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jul/0029.html
14:17:35 [jsoref]
... there's been some feedback from Anne which we should take into account
14:17:48 [jsoref]
... in Laslo's absence, it's hard to progress
14:18:33 [richt]
RE: f2f. Iwill be on holiday from 21st July. Still need to check for 19th/20th.
14:18:33 [jsoref]
Topic: F2F Planning
14:18:46 [jsoref]
fjh: I don't know the Paris area well
14:18:52 [richt]
deadline for F2F registration is 12th?
14:18:55 [jsoref]
... We need to figure out what time we should start
14:19:04 [jsoref]
... we probably don't want to start too early on the first day
14:19:14 [jsoref]
darobin: I guess we could start at 9am
14:19:33 [jsoref]
fjh: For east-coast west-coast, people tend to try to fly in same day
14:19:45 [jsoref]
darobin: I don't think anyone reasonable would try to fly in same day
14:19:53 [jsoref]
darobin: I'd suggest 9am-5pm each day
14:20:06 [jsoref]
fjh: But we might want to break earlier on the last day (Thursday)
14:20:18 [jsoref]
... Privacy, XXX4
14:20:18 [darobin]
close ACTION-401
14:20:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-401 Suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG closed
14:20:46 [jsoref]
richt: We did some work on XX5
14:20:59 [jsoref]
... we'd like to give feedback
14:21:12 [jsoref]
s/XX5/Discovery/
14:21:31 [jsoref]
darobin: Please add a slot for Discovery to the F2F
14:21:47 [jsoref]
fjh: I guess we should go through the new Charter
14:21:50 [jsoref]
... and see where we are
14:21:54 [jsoref]
... what we haven't started
14:21:58 [jsoref]
... etc
14:22:08 [fjh]
add slot to agenda on privacy, charter review and work planning
14:22:30 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:22:34 [jsoref]
fjh: Anyone prepared to talk about Testing/IOP?
14:22:51 [jsoref]
darobin: We could certainly discuss it at a high level
14:23:03 [fjh]
add item re testing , discuss with Francois
14:23:20 [jsoref]
darobin: We could add test assertions to items
14:23:33 [jsoref]
[ Discuss Lunch @ F2F ]
14:23:49 [jsoref]
darobin: If anyone wants to do an evening out in Paris, we could probably organize that
14:24:01 [jsoref]
fjh: we need to have the Agenda out by Yesterday
14:24:03 [jsoref]
... ok...
14:24:17 [jsoref]
ernesto_jimenez: We were asked about Use cases for the Contacts API
14:24:30 [jsoref]
... it might be useful to have Use cases for each API
14:24:39 [darobin]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_19,_20,_21_July_2011,_Paris
14:24:51 [jsoref]
darobin: I'll add a topic for Use Cases
14:25:01 [jsoref]
... anyone can add topics to the list at the top
14:25:20 [jsoref]
... fjh and i will try to arrange the agenda so it makes sense for the three days of the meeting
14:25:27 [jsoref]
... i don't think we have a Logistics page
14:25:28 [AnssiK]
q+ re Battery Status agenda for F2F and the way forward
14:25:29 [jsoref]
fjh: I think we do
14:25:34 [richt]
we've explored use cases previously so we should work from those.
14:25:37 [jsoref]
... let me post the link
14:25:40 [jsoref]
... oh it's a PDF
14:25:43 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/att-0000/W3C_DAC_F2F_Meeting_Paris2011_Hotels_and_Travel.pdf
14:26:09 [jsoref]
darobin: I'll add that to the wiki so it's easy to find
14:27:09 [jsoref]
ack anssik
14:27:09 [Zakim]
AnssiK, you wanted to discuss Battery Status agenda for F2F and the way forward
14:27:26 [jsoref]
AnssiK: I'll be unavailable until the F2F
14:27:43 [jsoref]
... please feel free to edit the spec directly in the interim to add e.g. UCs to the Spec
14:27:54 [jsoref]
fjh: and if we decide to publish, that's ok, too?
14:28:00 [jsoref]
AnssiK: sure
14:28:05 [jsoref]
darobin: Anything else?
14:28:06 [jsoref]
[ no ]
14:28:11 [jsoref]
[ Adjourned ]
14:28:19 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:28:21 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:28:24 [jsoref]
RRSAgent, make minutes
14:28:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-dap-minutes.html jsoref
14:28:24 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:28:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:28:30 [Zakim]
-richt
14:28:32 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:28:34 [Zakim]
-ernesto_jimenez
14:28:36 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
14:28:38 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:28:43 [Zakim]
-SungOk_You
14:29:04 [Zakim]
-jsoref
14:29:04 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:29:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were +44.208.144.aaaa, richt, darobin, AnssiK, fjh, jsoref, +44.778.611.aabb, SungOk_You, ernesto_jimenez, wonsuk, Cathy
14:29:09 [jsoref]
RRSAgent, bye
14:29:09 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items