IRC log of lld on 2011-06-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:53:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:53:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc
13:53:11 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:53:11 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T13-53-11
13:53:21 [emma]
emma has joined #lld
13:53:26 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
13:53:26 [Zakim]
ok, antoine; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:54:43 [emma]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0115.html
13:55:13 [emma]
Previous: 2011-06-23 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html
13:55:30 [emma]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:55:30 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T13-55-30
13:55:36 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
13:55:45 [emma]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:55:51 [AlexanderH]
AlexanderH has joined #lld
13:56:05 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:56:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html emma
13:56:13 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
13:56:20 [Zakim]
+??P14
13:56:25 [antoine]
zakim, ??P14 is me
13:56:25 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:56:26 [emma]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:56:49 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:56:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:57:04 [Zakim]
+emma
13:57:18 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:57:21 [emma]
Chair: Emma
13:57:59 [emma]
Regrets: Michael, Uldis, Gordon, Daniel
13:58:13 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:58:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:58:51 [Zakim]
+jeff_
13:58:57 [monica]
monica has joined #lld
13:59:00 [Zakim]
+??P22
13:59:07 [jodi]
jodi has joined #LLD
13:59:09 [jeff__]
zakim, mute me
13:59:09 [Zakim]
sorry, jeff__, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:59:13 [ww]
zakim, ??P22 is me
13:59:13 [Zakim]
+ww; got it
13:59:19 [jeff__]
zakim, jeff__ is me
13:59:19 [Zakim]
sorry, jeff__, I do not recognize a party named 'jeff__'
13:59:24 [Zakim]
+jodi
13:59:32 [ww]
zakim, mute me please
13:59:32 [Zakim]
ww should now be muted
13:59:33 [jodi]
zakim mute me please
13:59:35 [jeff__]
zakim, jeff_ is me
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+jeff__; got it
13:59:39 [jeff__]
zakim, mute me
13:59:39 [Zakim]
jeff__ should now be muted
13:59:46 [pmurray]
pmurray has joined #lld
14:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:00:18 [antoine]
zakim, ??P0 is AlexanderH
14:00:18 [Zakim]
+AlexanderH; got it
14:00:35 [Zakim]
+monica
14:00:43 [marcia]
marcia has joined #lld
14:01:16 [Zakim]
+pmurray
14:01:17 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:01:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html emma
14:01:23 [Zakim]
+??P26
14:01:39 [antoine]
zakim, ??P26 is kcoyle
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+kcoyle; got it
14:02:22 [antoine]
regrets+ Lars
14:02:54 [jodi]
sorry, I have background work today
14:03:07 [pmurray]
I can do it.
14:03:22 [emma]
Scribe: Peter
14:03:32 [emma]
scribenick: pmurray
14:03:48 [pmurray]
I was just looking at the documentation again.
14:04:47 [pmurray]
TOPIC: ADMIN
14:05:28 [pmurray]
RESOLVED: Accept minutes of previous telecon http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html
14:06:05 [pmurray]
emma: Reminder. Conference calls every other week during the summer.
14:06:09 [pmurray]
TOPIC: Final Report
14:06:20 [emma]
http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/w3clld/
14:06:22 [pmurray]
emma: We have the blog up and running
14:06:48 [pmurray]
... some technical issues with the digres.it plugin. Blank pages when trying to access the blog.
14:07:08 [pmurray]
... it seems to be okay when you refresh the page a few times. Waiting for the UKOLN colleagues to try to resolve the problem.
14:07:16 [monica]
q+
14:07:23 [emma]
ack monica
14:07:32 [kcoyle]
yes, i got in just now w/o problems
14:07:36 [pmurray]
monica: No further updates at this time.
14:07:41 [jodi]
thanks for hosting the blog, and for following up on it! :)
14:07:42 [jneubert]
jneubert has joined #lld
14:09:08 [jodi]
thanks! :)
14:09:42 [pmurray]
monica: Regarding whether to keep the blog. UKOLN is an organization committed to keeping links active, so in spirit the organization will treat the blog like any other resource that they don't want to see disappear.
14:10:56 [pmurray]
We can also look into turning the blog into static HTML pages.
14:11:23 [antoine]
q+
14:11:35 [ww]
q+
14:11:48 [emma]
ack ant
14:12:25 [pmurray]
antoine: We already have comments, and they seem focused on one heading or one paragraph, so the digres.it plugin is useful for capturing this.
14:12:31 [jodi]
it's nice to have paragraph-level comments
14:12:43 [jodi]
it's useful to start the discussion!
14:12:51 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Making comments to start the discussion so the blog doesn't look like an intimidating place.
14:12:56 [monica]
agree - karen opening discussion will help to seed it
14:12:57 [antoine]
+1
14:13:02 [ww]
+1
14:13:10 [emma]
ack ww
14:13:48 [pmurray]
ww: Turning it into static HTML pages is a good idea so one doesn't need the complicated machinery behind it.
14:13:50 [antoine]
+1
14:13:59 [emma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists
14:14:14 [ww]
zakim, mute me please
14:14:14 [Zakim]
ww should now be muted
14:14:52 [pmurray]
Reminder to send the call for public comments out to lists and mark it on the Dissemination_Lists wiki pages.
14:15:00 [antoine]
@ww: you've sent the call on openbiblio, I think?
14:15:09 [ww]
antoine: yes
14:15:13 [emma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0080.html
14:15:32 [antoine]
@ww: ok! I'll mark it on the wiki
14:15:35 [pmurray]
ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers otherwise we will continue on our own [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02]
14:15:45 [pmurray]
-- Done http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0080.html
14:15:54 [marcia]
I sent to three I signed up.
14:16:15 [pmurray]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and June 30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08]
14:16:22 [pmurray]
-- Done
14:16:41 [antoine]
@marcia: thx! wiki is updated
14:16:57 [jneubert]
jneubert has joined #lld
14:17:32 [jodi]
no, I'm not
14:17:35 [pmurray]
emma/monica: When someone posts to the list for the first time, they must be approved.
14:17:55 [pmurray]
... subsequent comments from that individual do not go into the moderation queue.
14:18:16 [marcia]
@antoine: I wonder if we are supposed to not touch the deliverable version in order to get the comments.
14:18:16 [ww]
antoine: which wiki page? i've circulated it elsewhere as well
14:18:26 [antoine]
@ww: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists
14:18:48 [antoine]
no
14:19:12 [antoine]
everything is alright, just trying to keep track of where the call was sent
14:19:26 [jeff__]
zakim, unmute me
14:19:27 [Zakim]
jeff__ should no longer be muted
14:19:39 [pmurray]
ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and July 8 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03]
14:19:48 [jeff__]
q+
14:19:58 [emma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
14:20:10 [emma]
ack je
14:20:10 [jeff__]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=DraftReportReviewerAssignments&diff=5199&oldid=5169
14:20:44 [pmurray]
-- continues
14:20:50 [antoine]
good idea to share that, jeff!
14:21:30 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
14:21:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, emma, jeff__, ww (muted), jodi, AlexanderH, monica, pmurray (muted), kcoyle
14:21:59 [kcoyle]
i can do that
14:22:24 [jeff__]
I can take the week after again
14:22:26 [pmurray]
ACTION: Karen Coyle to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 8 and July 15
14:22:31 [jneubert_]
jneubert_ has joined #lld
14:22:41 [jeff__]
zakim, mute me
14:22:42 [Zakim]
jeff__ should now be muted
14:22:49 [pmurray]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 15 and July 22
14:24:15 [pmurray]
emma: Comments on the reviews that we have received so far?
14:24:50 [pmurray]
member:rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:25:03 [pmurray]
rssagent, please draft minutes
14:25:26 [jodi]
it might be good to have fresh energy on that, along with the original folks...
14:25:48 [pmurray]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:25:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html pmurray
14:26:29 [antoine]
q+ on reacting
14:26:37 [emma]
ack ant
14:26:37 [Zakim]
antoine, you wanted to comment on reacting
14:26:47 [ww]
tangent: anyone from #lld at okcon?
14:27:12 [jeff__]
q+
14:27:21 [jeff__]
zakim, unmute me
14:27:21 [Zakim]
jeff__ should no longer be muted
14:27:21 [emma]
ack jeff
14:27:22 [pmurray]
antoine: It would be good to discuss comments during a telecon so we don't lose momentum.
14:27:52 [pmurray]
jeff: Tried to integrate the comments that didn't require too much restructuring.
14:28:01 [antoine]
q+
14:28:04 [pmurray]
... reluctant to do restructuring without help from others.
14:28:32 [emma]
ack ant
14:28:41 [jeff__]
zakim, mute me
14:28:41 [Zakim]
jeff__ should now be muted
14:29:23 [pmurray]
antoine: Agree with jeff that we should be conservative. Any comment that can be addressed by changing one word or sentence should be made.
14:30:11 [pmurray]
emma: Maybe the easiest way to go is to ask authors of each section to keep an eye for comments on their section and for controversial topics ask the chair to schedule it for a conference call.
14:30:41 [jeff__]
+1
14:30:45 [kcoyle]
+1
14:30:47 [antoine]
+1
14:30:52 [marcia]
+1
14:30:52 [pmurray]
ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial comments to their section
14:31:23 [pmurray]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:31:35 [Zakim]
pmurray, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: emma (9%), jodi (90%)
14:31:41 [antoine]
:-)
14:31:48 [emma]
zakim, please mute jodi
14:31:48 [Zakim]
jodi should now be muted
14:31:56 [jodi]
sorry, I thought I was muted!
14:32:23 [kcoyle]
+1 for magic, or things indistinguishable from...
14:32:25 [pmurray]
emma: On the next call, ask the authors of each section to report on substantive comments
14:32:44 [monica]
to include comments on blog as well?
14:32:56 [pmurray]
TOPIC: W3C Community Group
14:33:14 [pmurray]
emma: There has been some activity in the W3C on this.
14:33:49 [pmurray]
... They have created a discussion list and web page on which we can see the different community groups. They are testing it with a few incubator groups that are transitioning to community groups.
14:34:06 [kcoyle]
q+
14:34:08 [pmurray]
... They are using a web page with a wordpress blog and several discussion lists.
14:34:48 [pmurray]
... We have stated our desire to transition to a community group at the end of our charter.
14:34:59 [emma]
ack kc
14:35:06 [pmurray]
... We need to discuss this in July to decide whether we want to make that transition or to go another way.
14:35:14 [ww]
+1 to cg transition, no discussion :)
14:35:30 [jodi]
yeah kcoyle & charper! :)
14:35:30 [pmurray]
kcoyle: As of last week, the American Library Association has an official library linked data group.
14:35:49 [pmurray]
... Would be interest to see how we can combine groups and connect groups.
14:36:10 [antoine]
karen, can you say more on the ALA group? missions, activities
14:36:10 [pmurray]
... Need to see how we make this a broad communication.
14:37:30 [pmurray]
... It is a LLD interest group that is affiliated with the technical services (ALCTS, e.g. cataloging) division and the information technology group (LITA).
14:37:35 [ww]
s/no discussion//
14:37:42 [jodi]
wow!
14:38:06 [ww]
q+
14:38:11 [pmurray]
... this group could promote training.
14:39:12 [emma]
ack ww
14:39:15 [pmurray]
... the group came up with a couple of tasks during the meeting: gathering use cases in the community, developing training and how to get information out to the rest of the library community, and a couple of other things. (Karen to follow up when she gets access to the wiki)
14:40:02 [pmurray]
ww: Sounds nice, but to what extent will it be seen as an american thing. the global scope is one of the nice things about the w3c.
14:40:40 [pmurray]
kcoyle: it is a way to pull other interested U.S. parties into the discussion. Hopes other groups would form elsewhere so there is a local venue to meet.
14:40:58 [ww]
zakim, mute me
14:40:58 [Zakim]
ww should now be muted
14:41:03 [pmurray]
emma: So the W3C group could be across the various local/national groups?
14:41:19 [antoine]
q+
14:41:22 [emma]
ack ant
14:41:32 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Yes, because local is where people are connecting face-to-face, so connecting to a international forum would be a good thing.
14:41:56 [pmurray]
antoine: It also allows the international group to hear what is happening elsewhere.
14:43:11 [pmurray]
... it could be that the IPR stuff and other things may raise issues when we include things from other groups.
14:43:25 [ww]
q+
14:43:29 [emma]
ack ww*
14:43:33 [emma]
ack ww
14:44:39 [pmurray]
ww: This also came up with the BIBTECH JSON group. There are some that are not convinced about RDF. Is it appropriate to bring that kind of work into the LLD fold if we were to become a community group?
14:45:06 [antoine]
q+
14:45:10 [emma]
ack ant
14:45:17 [ww]
s/BIBTECH JSON/BIBJSON/BibTeX in JSON/
14:45:28 [ww]
s/BIBTECH JSON/BIBJSON - BibTeX in JSON/
14:45:42 [ww]
zakim, mute me
14:45:42 [Zakim]
ww should now be muted
14:46:35 [antoine]
ALA?
14:46:56 [antoine]
(other than Karen's group ;-) )
14:47:01 [pmurray]
TOPIC: Short report from ALA
14:47:16 [pmurray]
kcoyle: More than a dozen meetings about linked data, while in the past there had been none.
14:47:45 [pmurray]
... there was quite a bit of talk of because RDA coming along and because Library of Congress looking for a replacement for MARC, there was a lot of discussion about what the next data standard would be.
14:47:54 [jodi]
that's amazing!
14:47:58 [antoine]
+1
14:48:00 [pmurray]
... it was an entirely different viewpoint from six months ago.
14:48:09 [pmurray]
pmurray: I agree. I saw the same thing
14:48:34 [pmurray]
kcoyle: It was mainly talking about what was happening in the future. There was a great acceptance that there was going to be a major change.
14:49:42 [pmurray]
... kcoyle's hope that it will give a kind of "official blessing" on this change coming from a well-respected organization and that it will become a leverage point for people to get funding for projects.
14:51:05 [antoine]
karen++
14:51:08 [pmurray]
... also talked with vendors and will be sending the call for review to some of the companies to make sure we get their comments.
14:51:19 [jeff__]
karen++
14:51:35 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
14:51:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, emma, jeff__ (muted), ww (muted), jodi (muted), AlexanderH, monica, pmurray (muted), kcoyle
14:51:43 [Zakim]
-jeff__
14:51:45 [jodi]
bye!
14:51:46 [Zakim]
-kcoyle
14:51:48 [Zakim]
-AlexanderH
14:51:50 [Zakim]
-monica
14:51:51 [pmurray]
[adjourned]
14:51:52 [antoine]
zakim, please list attendees
14:51:52 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been antoine, emma, ww, jodi, jeff__, AlexanderH, monica, pmurray, kcoyle
14:51:53 [ww]
thanks! bye
14:51:53 [AlexanderH]
thx
14:51:54 [Zakim]
-jodi
14:51:54 [jeff__]
jeff__ has left #lld
14:51:59 [Zakim]
-ww
14:52:44 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:52:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html emma
14:53:00 [marcia]
Nice to participate 'on line'. Thanks
14:54:18 [emma]
Present+: marcia
14:54:28 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:54:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:55:08 [Zakim]
-pmurray
14:55:12 [Zakim]
-emma
14:55:14 [Zakim]
-antoine
14:55:14 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
14:55:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were antoine, emma, ww, jodi, jeff__, AlexanderH, monica, pmurray, kcoyle
14:55:22 [antoine]
zakim, bye
14:55:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld
14:55:27 [antoine]
rrsagent, bye
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-actions.rdf :
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers otherwise we will continue on our own [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02] [1]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-15-35
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and June 30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08] [2]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-16-15
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and July 8 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03] [3]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-19-39
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Karen Coyle to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 8 and July 15 [4]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-22-26
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of comments on the mailing list between July 15 and July 22 [5]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-22-49
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial comments to their section [6]
14:55:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-lld-irc#T14-30-52-1
14:55:27 [jodi]
jodi has left #LLD