IRC log of lld on 2011-06-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:48:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:48:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc
13:48:27 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:48:27 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T13-48-27
13:48:36 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
13:48:36 [Zakim]
ok, antoine; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
13:48:46 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:48:53 [antoine]
Chair: Antoine
13:49:08 [antoine]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0068.html
13:49:41 [antoine]
Previous: 2010-06-16 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html
13:50:43 [antoine]
Regrets: Marcia, Emma, Tom, Peter, Lars, Karen, Joachim
13:50:53 [antoine]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:50:59 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:50:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:53:40 [jodi]
jodi has joined #LLD
13:56:14 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
13:56:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.763.463.aaaa
13:56:46 [Zakim]
+??P16
13:56:52 [antoine]
zakim, ??P16 is me
13:56:52 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:57:05 [antoine]
zakim, aaaa is jodi
13:57:05 [Zakim]
+jodi; got it
13:58:39 [ww]
ww has joined #lld
13:58:49 [Zakim]
+monica
13:59:03 [monica]
monica has joined #lld
13:59:20 [jeff_]
jeff_ has joined #lld
13:59:55 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:00:00 [ww]
zakim, ??P21 is me
14:00:00 [Zakim]
+ww; got it
14:00:06 [ww]
zakim, mute
14:00:06 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mute', ww
14:00:11 [ww]
zakim, please mute me
14:00:11 [Zakim]
ww should now be muted
14:00:13 [antoine]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html
14:00:25 [rayd]
rayd has joined #lld
14:00:44 [antoine]
Scribe: Monica
14:00:50 [antoine]
Scribenick: monica
14:01:09 [Zakim]
+AZ
14:01:13 [kai]
kai has joined #lld
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+michaelp
14:01:19 [Zakim]
-michaelp
14:01:33 [antoine]
zakim, AZ is really kai
14:01:35 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+michaelp
14:01:54 [jeff_]
zakim, michaelp is me
14:01:54 [Zakim]
+jeff_; got it
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:02:21 [antoine]
zakim, LC is rayd
14:02:21 [Zakim]
+rayd; got it
14:02:38 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:02:38 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:02:52 [monica]
Topic: ADMIN
14:03:06 [monica]
Antoine: any comments on the minutes?
14:03:16 [antoine]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html
14:03:17 [monica]
PROPOSED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/15-lld-minutes.html
14:03:21 [monica]
--accepted
14:03:28 [antoine]
s/PROPOSED/RESOLVED
14:03:38 [kefo]
kefo has joined #lld
14:03:42 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:03:43 [kefo]
zakim, LC is me
14:03:43 [Zakim]
+kefo; got it
14:03:53 [monica]
Topic: FINAL REPORT
14:03:54 [kefo]
zakim, mute me please
14:03:54 [Zakim]
kefo should now be muted
14:04:17 [monica]
Antoine: draft call circulated yesterday, to be sent to various lists identified
14:04:36 [antoine]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0023.html
14:05:12 [monica]
Jodi: everything fine, but links at the bottom might be better in-line, for reference
14:05:42 [monica]
Antoine: agreed, good comment
14:05:56 [monica]
...can we move on to the blog?
14:06:14 [monica]
ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05]
14:06:16 [monica]
-- DONE: http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/w3clld/
14:07:05 [antoine]
monica: digress.it should be happening soon
14:07:32 [antoine]
... hope it will be there tomorrow
14:07:39 [antoine]
... there will be one day downtime
14:08:36 [antoine]
monica: downtime before content is put there?
14:08:45 [antoine]
Jodi: downtime first would be better
14:09:36 [antoine]
Monica: today or first thing tomorrow?
14:11:04 [monica]
Antoine: Monica, Jodi, KAren and Antoine are registered as admin
14:11:15 [monica]
...do we have time to publish the content quickly?
14:11:24 [monica]
s/Karen/emma/
14:11:34 [monica]
s/KAren/emma/
14:12:10 [monica]
..the idea is to post all the sections as separate items and use feature of the blog to re-organise the content according to the structure of the report
14:12:33 [monica]
s/..the/...the/
14:13:10 [monica]
...we have been discussing between us as we answered the call for admins, but others are welcome to join
14:13:23 [monica]
...anyone interested in this effort over coming 2-3 days?
14:13:35 [monica]
jodi: we should solicit other people to be involved
14:13:46 [monica]
...I'm happy to moderate comments
14:14:18 [monica]
Antoine: if no-one on call would like to volunteer it might be difficult to get them later
14:14:42 [monica]
ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers otherwise we will continue on our own
14:15:12 [monica]
Antoine: What should we post on this blog?
14:15:20 [monica]
...One post per section
14:15:34 [monica]
...from previous discussion these posts should link to the live version on teh wiki page
14:15:39 [monica]
s/teh/the/
14:16:09 [monica]
Jodi: thinking about the versioning issue - not sure I can add more useful comments
14:16:24 [monica]
Antoine: content can be updated folllowing any further observations
14:16:34 [monica]
s/folllowing/following/
14:16:54 [monica]
keeping track of commentary/reviews --- discussion at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0045.html
14:17:07 [monica]
Antoine: we need to be careful not to lose track of comments
14:17:21 [monica]
...should each section keep track of comments to it?
14:17:30 [monica]
...or should it be done on assigned reviewers page
14:17:49 [monica]
...many section editors are not here today so it may be difficult to reach consensus today
14:17:57 [monica]
...any strong preference from people here
14:18:10 [monica]
Jodi: it would be better if someone was overall in charge of keeping track
14:18:12 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:18:18 [edsu]
Zakim, LC is edsu
14:18:18 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
14:18:19 [monica]
...not sure it matters where the comments go
14:18:33 [monica]
...as long as we can see them all in one place
14:18:47 [monica]
Antoine: somewhere centralised would make it easier
14:19:00 [monica]
...we would then need a volunteer
14:19:12 [monica]
...could we rotate volunteers?
14:19:28 [monica]
...one for past emails, then rotate for two weeks
14:19:38 [dvilasuero]
dvilasuero has joined #lld
14:19:44 [monica]
Jodi: agree with volunteer rotation
14:20:05 [monica]
Antoine: volunteer is to put the email on the wiki page and acknowledge receipt
14:20:11 [dvilasuero]
Hi, sorry I am having problems with my ip caller
14:20:24 [monica]
...it is polite to send a reply to say we are considering the comments
14:20:40 [monica]
...no objection - volunteers?
14:20:46 [monica]
zakim, mute me
14:20:46 [Zakim]
monica should now be muted
14:21:03 [monica]
Antoine: volunteer for past comments
14:21:14 [jeff_]
I'll volunteer for next week.
14:21:23 [monica]
I can do the ones for the two weeks after
14:21:54 [monica]
Antoine: I do not think we will have hundreds
14:21:54 [kai]
Too stressy in the moment, in fact I am not allowed to volunteer for anything ;-)
14:22:47 [monica]
ACTION Antoine to keep track and answer comments until today
14:23:36 [monica]
ACTION Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and July ?
14:23:51 [antoine]
s/July ?/June 30
14:24:02 [monica]
s/July ?/June 30
14:24:24 [monica]
ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and July 8
14:24:41 [monica]
zakim, unmute me
14:24:41 [Zakim]
monica should no longer be muted
14:24:51 [monica]
Antoine we will then seek further volunteers
14:24:56 [monica]
...in teh coming calls
14:25:00 [monica]
s/teh/the/
14:25:16 [monica]
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (tbd) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
14:25:19 [Zakim]
-kai
14:25:25 [monica]
LIBRARY LINKED DATA": SCOPE OF THIS REPORT (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report
14:25:32 [monica]
BENEFITS OF LINKED DATA (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits
14:25:41 [monica]
Antione: Ed, anything to report on Benefits?
14:25:42 [Zakim]
+kai
14:25:46 [monica]
...next one
14:25:54 [monica]
AVAILABLE VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section
14:25:56 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
14:25:56 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
14:26:04 [monica]
Antoine: not much to say on this either
14:26:10 [digikim]
digikim has joined #lld
14:26:12 [monica]
RELEVANT TECHNOLOGIES (Jeff) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies
14:26:14 [digikim]
digikim has left #lld
14:26:18 [monica]
Antoine: Jeff any comments?
14:26:28 [digikim_]
digikim_ has joined #lld
14:26:32 [monica]
Jeff: some discussion off-line which has been reflected on the page
14:26:47 [monica]
...more feedback from John Phiipps, we will discuss off-line then incorporate into teh page
14:26:51 [monica]
s/teh/the/
14:27:03 [monica]
Antoine: so the comments can be integrated without too much problem?
14:27:16 [monica]
Jeff: yes I think so, after discussion between a couple of us
14:27:31 [monica]
ACTION: Gordon to review Relevant Technologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action04] -- 2011-06-16: Gordon added as reviewer
14:27:35 [monica]
--continues
14:27:58 [monica]
Anoine: maybe we can elaborate on one of the calls
14:28:06 [monica]
IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO ADOPTION (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
14:28:13 [monica]
ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12]
14:28:15 [monica]
--continues
14:28:27 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:28:27 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:28:36 [monica]
Jodi: nothing ot add today on this section
14:28:43 [monica]
RECOMMENDATIONS AND NEXT STEPS (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page
14:28:46 [monica]
--continues
14:28:52 [monica]
sot/to/
14:29:03 [monica]
s/ot/to/
14:29:21 [monica]
LIBRARY LINKED DATA: VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS - SEPARATE DELIVERABLE (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William) -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset
14:29:30 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
14:29:30 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
14:29:31 [monica]
Antoine: comments received but not looked at yet
14:29:42 [monica]
Jeff: not looked in detail yet either
14:29:51 [monica]
Antoine: we need some time to digest the comments
14:29:51 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:29:51 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:30:03 [monica]
USE CASES (Daniel) - SEPARATE DELIVERABLE -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
14:30:10 [monica]
ACTION: Jodi to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action14]
14:30:12 [monica]
--done
14:30:24 [monica]
Antoine: how are things going there?
14:30:42 [monica]
Jodi: some use cases are still being worked on, or waiting from response
14:31:04 [monica]
Antoine: do we need to ask people to contribute stuff? Daniel had sent some emails to ask for input
14:31:14 [monica]
...Daniel maybe send some reminders
14:31:23 [antoine]
daniel, are you here?
14:31:28 [dvilasuero]
Yes
14:31:49 [antoine]
can you send reminders to the people who have not answered your request for contribution?
14:31:54 [dvilasuero]
I am here, I am waiting for an answer from Jodi and Uldis and Gordon/Karen
14:32:00 [antoine]
we need to make progress on this
14:32:03 [dvilasuero]
yes, I will do
14:32:20 [dvilasuero]
I have sent emails yesterday regarding this
14:32:31 [monica]
Antoine: we will check again on progress on this next week
14:32:34 [tbaker]
tbaker has joined #lld
14:32:39 [dvilasuero]
and I still need to finish some individual use cases
14:32:47 [monica]
...it would be apity to end up with an incomplete deliverable given the work done on this document already
14:32:53 [dvilasuero]
but there is not much left to do
14:32:56 [monica]
s/apity/a pity/
14:33:08 [tbaker]
(joining irc-only, from Beijing)
14:33:10 [monica]
Antoine: that completes the deliverables. Any other business?
14:33:37 [dvilasuero]
there are just some parragraphs of two clusters + 10 individual uc short summaries
14:33:54 [monica]
...this call was expected to be short, we are entering summer period, we would expect calls to get shorter.
14:34:09 [monica]
...meeting is adjourned.
14:34:10 [dvilasuero]
It will not end up incomplete for sure
14:34:12 [Zakim]
-kefo
14:34:13 [Zakim]
-jeff_
14:34:15 [jeff_]
jeff_ has left #lld
14:34:16 [Zakim]
-rayd
14:34:17 [Zakim]
-jodi
14:34:20 [antoine]
ok, daniel!
14:34:23 [jodi]
jodi has left #LLD
14:34:25 [Zakim]
-kai
14:34:26 [antoine]
zakim, who is here?
14:34:32 [Zakim]
-edsu
14:34:37 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:34:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:34:38 [Zakim]
-ww
14:34:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, monica
14:34:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tbaker, dvilasuero, kai, rayd, monica, ww, RRSAgent, Zakim, antoine, rsinger, edsu
14:35:18 [antoine]
ACTION: Antoine to keep track and answer comments until today
14:35:32 [antoine]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and June 30
14:35:42 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:35:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:36:04 [tbaker]
hi, antoine - just got back from dinner...
14:36:14 [antoine]
ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05]
14:36:16 [antoine]
--DONE
14:36:20 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:36:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:38:33 [antoine]
zakim, please list attendees
14:38:33 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.763.463.aaaa, antoine, jodi, monica, ww, kai, jeff_, rayd, kefo, edsu
14:39:15 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:39:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:39:41 [tbaker]
short call?
14:40:39 [antoine]
yes!
14:40:42 [Zakim]
-monica
14:40:44 [antoine]
(hi Tom!)
14:41:03 [antoine]
yes, many regrets, and we did not have time to really read the reviews
14:41:21 [antoine]
I think also the end of June is a terrible period for people to do "side" work
14:41:31 [antoine]
how are you in China?
14:41:45 [Zakim]
-antoine
14:41:46 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
14:41:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.763.463.aaaa, antoine, jodi, monica, ww, kai, jeff_, rayd, kefo, edsu
14:42:00 [antoine]
zakim, bye
14:42:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld
14:42:05 [antoine]
rrsagent, bye
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-actions.rdf :
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05] [1]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-06-14
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers otherwise we will continue on our own [2]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-14-42
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and July 8 [3]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-24-24
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gordon to review Relevant Technologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action04] -- 2011-06-16: Gordon added as reviewer [4]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-27-31
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12] [5]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-28-13
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jodi to review http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action14] [6]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-30-10
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine to keep track and answer comments until today [7]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-35-18
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and June 30 [8]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-35-32
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05] [9]
14:42:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc#T14-36-14
14:42:10 [tbaker]
ok, just got back from dinner