IRC log of er on 2011-06-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:18:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:18:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:18:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:18:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:18:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:18:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
12:18:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:18:28 [trackbot]
Date: 22 June 2011
12:18:33 [shadi]
chair: shadi
12:18:38 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:18:58 [shadi]
agenda+ Reminder of Evaluation Methodology Task Force
12:19:09 [shadi]
agenda+ Processing EARL comments
12:19:54 [cstrobbe]
cstrobbe has joined #er
12:25:37 [cstrobbe]
12:25:55 [cstrobbe]
zakim, how are you doing? ;-)
12:25:55 [Zakim]
I'm glad that smiley is there, cstrobbe
12:26:08 [cstrobbe]
zakim, agenda?
12:26:08 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
12:26:10 [Zakim]
1. Welcome [from shadi]
12:26:12 [Zakim]
2. Reminder of Evaluation Methodology Task Force [from shadi]
12:26:13 [Zakim]
3. Processing EARL comments [from shadi]
12:29:58 [cstrobbe]
rrsagent, pointer?
12:29:58 [RRSAgent]
12:30:08 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:30:08 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:30:09 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:30:10 [Zakim]
12:33:16 [Zakim]
12:34:40 [Zakim]
12:35:32 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
12:36:21 [Zakim]
+ +975195aaaa
12:36:47 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Emanuelle
12:36:47 [Zakim]
+Emanuelle; got it
12:37:41 [Zakim]
+ +30231125aabb
12:37:54 [shadi]
zakim, aabb is Kostas
12:37:54 [Zakim]
+Kostas; got it
12:38:04 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
12:39:03 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:39:07 [shadi]
scribenick: carlos
12:39:10 [kostas]
kostas has joined #er
12:39:12 [shadi]
12:39:24 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:39:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:40:21 [carlos]
SAZ: questions or comments about last meeting?
12:40:30 [shadi]
12:41:02 [carlos]
SAZ: have finished official comments period
12:41:44 [carlos]
SAZ: quite a bunch of comments received. Good thing
12:42:21 [carlos]
SAZ: substancial comments from Sean
12:42:33 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:42:33 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Reminder of Evaluation Methodology Task Force" taken up [from shadi]
12:42:45 [shadi]
12:42:53 [carlos]
SAZ: don't see any CR stopper
12:42:58 [shadi]
12:43:23 [shadi]
12:43:26 [carlos]
SAZ: but need to process them
12:43:53 [carlos]
SAZ: discussion WG vs. IG
12:44:07 [shadi]
12:44:43 [carlos]
SAZ: requirements are very elaborated and extensive
12:45:54 [carlos]
SAZ: need to recruit people for the TF
12:46:02 [shadi]
12:46:44 [carlos]
SAZ: it is not an EO TF
12:47:51 [carlos]
SAZ: it is an ERT and WCAG one because is technical
12:48:14 [carlos]
SAZ: could be reviewed by EO to make it more 'educational'
12:48:41 [carlos]
SAZ: do expect 6 hours per week of work in the TF
12:49:51 [carlos]
CS: where to point people potentially interested in the TF?
12:50:07 [carlos]
SAZ: please point to the TF web page
12:50:59 [carlos]
SAZ: participants need to agree to the terms and conditions of the WG
12:51:12 [sinarmaya]
I think that is important make a call to the "old", not +65 but people working from long time in the wcag redaction.
12:51:15 [carlos]
SAZ: but do not need to be a GS participant
12:52:28 [carlos]
EGR: we need people with experience dealing with WCAG low-level details
12:53:22 [carlos]
EGR: people with background in accessibility issues
12:54:17 [carlos]
SAZ: also important to have people with accessibility experience but also with new perspectives
12:56:16 [carlos]
CI: what are the expected tasks?
12:56:27 [carlos]
SAZ: try not to start from zero
12:56:48 [carlos]
SAZ: lots of thinks out there about a11y methodologies
12:58:02 [carlos]
SAZ: review current work and try to find consensus
12:59:27 [carlos]
SAZ: the more active participants that can make action items the best
12:59:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:59:45 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Processing EARL comments" taken up [from shadi]
13:00:40 [shadi]
13:00:53 [shadi]
13:01:20 [shadi]
13:01:45 [carlos]
SAZ: most of them from Sean Palmer
13:02:04 [carlos]
SAZ: can go through by date
13:03:12 [carlos]
SAZ: first one just a 'metabug'
13:03:14 [shadi]
13:03:47 [carlos]
SAZ: nothing to resolve at 0000
13:05:05 [carlos]
SAZ: about the classes hierarchy
13:05:12 [carlos]
SAZ: discussed before
13:05:33 [carlos]
SAZ: hierarchy or importance is relative
13:07:04 [shadi]
13:07:06 [carlos]
SAZ: do people feel that it is important to clarify importance or hierarchy in the document?
13:07:23 [carlos]
CI: don't think so, maybe in a guide, but not in a spec
13:08:19 [carlos]
SAZ: having diagrams sounds like a good idea
13:08:35 [carlos]
SAZ: better in the guide rather than here
13:08:44 [sinarmaya]
13:10:16 [carlos]
SAZ: proposal to be more explanatory in the guide but keep the guide straightforward
13:11:08 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: explain to the commenter that background information about the Schema (including potentially diagrams and such) belong in the Developer Guide, so that the Schema spec itself remains succint
13:12:00 [shadi]
13:12:28 [carlos]
SAZ: probably the most important from Sean
13:12:56 [carlos]
SAZ: Conforming sec
13:13:21 [carlos]
SAZ: first at spec, then moved into the guide
13:14:08 [carlos]
SAZ: asking for moving it back to the schema
13:14:27 [carlos]
SAZ: need to reopen the issue again and think about it
13:14:34 [cstrobbe]
13:15:16 [shadi]
13:15:44 [sinarmaya]
I agree with Sean, the conformance must be normative, and then should be in the specification.
13:16:10 [carlos]
SAZ: 0004 related to 0002
13:16:39 [carlos]
SAZ: was one of the reasons for moving conformance to the guide
13:18:26 [carlos]
SAZ: can issue EARL with a evalution profile and let people add new ones
13:20:06 [carlos]
SAZ: if you put the profile in the schema will be difficult to extend due to REC track
13:21:46 [carlos]
SAZ: could check with other groups how they manage profiles
13:22:50 [carlos]
SAZ: need to look at what the relation between conformance and profiles is
13:23:03 [carlos]
SAZ: also need to think about how to manage them
13:24:10 [carlos]
SAZ: e.g. a section about them in the spec but details elsewhere
13:24:14 [shadi]
13:25:13 [carlos]
ACTION: shadi and ciglesia to check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here
13:25:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-126 - And ciglesia to check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-06-29].
13:25:24 [carlos]
ACTION: ciglesia to check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here
13:25:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-127 - Check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2011-06-29].
13:26:07 [Zakim]
13:27:11 [carlos]
SAZ: having a profile with some built-in constraints in there
13:28:30 [carlos]
SAZ: please continue to read comments
13:28:59 [carlos]
SAZ: don't hesitate to send your comments to the lists
13:29:13 [carlos]
SAZ: need involvement
13:29:21 [shadi]
topic: Next meeting
13:30:03 [Zakim]
13:30:06 [Zakim]
13:30:12 [carlos]
SAZ: next meeting next week June 29th
13:30:13 [Zakim]
13:30:21 [Zakim]
13:30:21 [shadi]
Wednesday 29 June
13:30:22 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:30:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Carlos_Iglesias, +975195aaaa, Emanuelle, +30231125aabb, Kostas
13:30:33 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:30:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:30:33 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
13:30:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:30:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
13:30:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:30:35 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
13:30:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi and ciglesia to check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here [1]
13:30:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
13:30:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to check other profile concepts within different WGs and see how they could fit here [2]
13:30:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in