IRC log of webevents on 2011-06-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:02:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webevents
15:02:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/21-webevents-irc
15:02:27 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:02:40 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
15:02:40 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
15:02:40 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011AprJun/0127.html
15:02:40 [ArtB]
Date: 21 June 2011
15:02:40 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
15:02:40 [ArtB]
Meeting: Web Events WG Voice Conference
15:03:59 [ArtB]
Present: Art_Barstow, Cathy_Chan, Matt_Brubeck, Olli_Pettay
15:04:10 [ArtB]
Regrets: Laszlo_Gombos
15:04:28 [ArtB]
Present+ Sangwhan_Moon
15:04:30 [smaug]
Zakim, nick smaug is Olli_Pettay
15:04:30 [Zakim]
sorry, smaug, I do not see a party named 'Olli_Pettay'
15:04:57 [ArtB]
Topic: Tweak Agenda
15:05:04 [ArtB]
AB: yesterday I posted a Draft Agenda ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011AprJun/0127.html ). Since Laszlo sent regrets for today, I propose dropping Issue-17 and I'll follow-up with Laszlo to please address related Action-55. Any objections to that proposal?
15:05:20 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #webevents
15:05:29 [ArtB]
[None: Issue-17 will not be included in today's call]
15:05:59 [Zakim]
+??P3
15:06:25 [Sangwhan]
zakim, ??P3 is me
15:06:25 [Zakim]
+Sangwhan; got it
15:06:37 [ArtB]
AB: if Doug doesn't join today's call we also drop discussion on Issue-16 since he has related action-53
15:06:45 [ArtB]
AB: any other change requests?
15:06:58 [smaug]
Zakim, who's here?
15:06:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P36, mbrubeck, Art_Barstow, Sangwhan
15:06:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, RRSAgent, Zakim, ArtB, shepazu, Sangwhan, smaug, mbrubeck, lgombos, trackbot
15:07:14 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
15:07:20 [ArtB]
AB: any short announcements for today?
15:07:22 [smaug]
Zakim, ?P36 is Olli_Pettay
15:07:22 [Zakim]
sorry, smaug, I do not recognize a party named '?P36'
15:07:26 [smaug]
Zakim, ??P36 is Olli_Pettay
15:07:26 [Zakim]
+Olli_Pettay; got it
15:07:38 [smaug]
Zakim, nick smaug is Olli_Pettay
15:07:38 [Zakim]
ok, smaug, I now associate you with Olli_Pettay
15:07:55 [ArtB]
MB: FF 6.0 will go to Beta in 2 weeks and it will include support for the Touch Events spec
15:08:05 [ArtB]
AB: that's fantastic Matt; good work!
15:08:22 [ArtB]
Topic: Issue-3: Click event target after DOM mutation during touchstart;
15:08:30 [ArtB]
AB: Issue-3 ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/3 ) has open Action-52 for Matt ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/52 ). Anything to report on that today Matt? Last discussion was June 14 ( http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webevents-minutes.html#item03 )
15:09:12 [ArtB]
MB: I still need to write the text and will get it done by the end of the month
15:09:27 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on Issue-3 for today?
15:09:49 [ArtB]
Topic: Issue-17: Page X and Y parameters to createTouch
15:09:50 [Zakim]
+Doug_Schepers
15:09:59 [ArtB]
AB: we are skipping Issue-17 for today
15:10:14 [ArtB]
Topic: Issue-16: Should the spec be silent or prescriptive re Object Identity
15:10:25 [ArtB]
AB: Issue-16 ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/16 ) has Action-53 for Doug ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/53 ). Anything to report on that today Doug? Last discussion was June 14 ( http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webevents-minutes.html#item04 )
15:11:18 [ArtB]
DS: I've been working on other Actions
15:11:28 [ArtB]
... so nothing else to report today
15:12:12 [ArtB]
Topic: Issue-18: The spec needs more examples related to the various lists
15:12:20 [ArtB]
AB: last week Issue-18 was created ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/issues/18 ) and we need someone to provide inputs to address this issue. The June 14 discussion ( http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webevents-minutes.html#item06 ) provides some additional context.
15:12:49 [ArtB]
AB: can we get someone to agree to provide some examples?
15:13:07 [ArtB]
AB: we should address this issue before LC
15:13:15 [ArtB]
DS: Sangwhan, can you take this?
15:13:20 [ArtB]
SM: yes, I can take it
15:13:24 [ArtB]
AB: thanks Sangwhan
15:13:45 [ArtB]
ACTION: moon submit an input to address Issue-18
15:13:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-57 - Submit an input to address Issue-18 [on Sangwhan Moon - due 2011-06-28].
15:14:01 [ArtB]
Topic: Preparing Touch Events spec for Last Call WD
15:14:18 [ArtB]
AB: on June 14 we discussed a plan for Last Call ( http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webevents-minutes.html#item06 ) and that resulted in some sub-issues and actions.
15:14:28 [ArtB]
AB: one consequence is splitting Touch Events spec ( http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents ) into Version/Level 1/2; who is going to do the work?
15:14:54 [ArtB]
... who agreed to do the split?
15:15:00 [ArtB]
DS: there are 2 parts
15:15:10 [ArtB]
... 1st is to mark testable assertions
15:15:19 [ArtB]
... and the classes of conformance
15:15:29 [ArtB]
... and I am working on those assertions
15:15:47 [ArtB]
... The 2nd part is splitting the stuff and Matt agreed to do that
15:16:00 [ArtB]
... Matt will do his split After I get done my part
15:16:10 [ArtB]
AB: thanks for the clarification
15:16:21 [ArtB]
DS: and we must do those 2 things before going to LC
15:16:28 [ArtB]
... I plan to complete my part this week
15:16:47 [ArtB]
AB: that would be good to get your part Doug, done this week
15:17:11 [ArtB]
AB: Are we using "Version" or "Level"? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each
15:17:30 [ArtB]
DS: I don't care
15:17:42 [smaug]
XHR is Level 1 & 2
15:17:47 [ArtB]
AB: I dont' feel strongly either
15:18:10 [ArtB]
DS: typically, a level is considered B/C with previous specs
15:18:27 [ArtB]
... but new Versions typically are not B/C
15:18:38 [ArtB]
... but in this case, I think we want B/C
15:18:50 [ArtB]
MB: initTouchEvent could give us some B/C issues
15:19:11 [ArtB]
DS: so, then, perhaps we should go with versions
15:19:26 [ArtB]
AB: does anyone object to going with versions?
15:19:41 [ArtB]
[ None ]
15:20:11 [ArtB]
RESOLUTION: we will use "Version" (not "Level") to distinguish the different Touch Events spec
15:20:34 [ArtB]
AB: Doug agreed to Action-56: Update the Touch Event spec to use markup to facilitate test case extraction ( http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/56 ). What is the status of that Doug?
15:20:59 [ArtB]
DS: yes, I am working on this
15:21:26 [ArtB]
Topic: Any Other Business (AOB)
15:22:00 [ArtB1]
ArtB1 has joined #webevents
15:22:48 [ArtB]
ArtB has joined #webevents
15:22:52 [ArtB]
... and if there is no substantial agenda by the 27th, the meeting will be canceled
15:23:32 [Sangwhan]
http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html
15:24:33 [ArtB]
SM: let's talk about device orieintation after we get our spec to LC
15:24:47 [ArtB]
DS: I agree we should take some of that into account
15:25:17 [ArtB]
... but talking about it after LC is fine with me
15:25:38 [ArtB]
AB: anything else for today?
15:25:51 [ArtB]
AB: please address open actions and issues
15:25:57 [ArtB]
AB: Meeting Adjourned
15:25:57 [Zakim]
-Doug_Schepers
15:26:01 [Zakim]
-Olli_Pettay
15:26:04 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
15:26:05 [Zakim]
-Sangwhan
15:26:10 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:26:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/21-webevents-minutes.html ArtB
15:26:33 [Zakim]
-mbrubeck
15:26:34 [Zakim]
RWC_WebEven()11:00AM has ended
15:26:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were mbrubeck, Art_Barstow, Sangwhan, Olli_Pettay, Doug_Schepers
15:29:53 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
15:29:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webevents
15:29:57 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
15:29:57 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/21-webevents-actions.rdf :
15:29:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: moon submit an input to address Issue-18 [1]
15:29:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/21-webevents-irc#T15-13-45