IRC log of webperf on 2011-06-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:26:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webperf
19:26:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/15-webperf-irc
19:26:33 [JatinderMann]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
19:26:37 [JatinderMann]
scribe: JatinderMann
19:26:45 [JatinderMann]
present+ Jatinder Mann
19:27:17 [JatinderMann]
agenda+ Discuss Unified Proposal.
19:27:31 [JatinderMann]
agenda+ Discuss Battery Status specification feedback.
19:27:41 [JatinderMann]
agenda+ Discuss Page Visibility Last Call.
19:27:52 [JatinderMann]
agenda+ Discuss requestAnimationFrame open issues.
20:00:32 [plh]
plh has joined #webperf
20:00:39 [plh]
zakim, list conferences
20:00:39 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
20:00:40 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are IA_Fonts()4:00PM, RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM, WF_(COMM)4:00PM, INC_SSN()4:00PM
20:00:52 [plh]
zakim, this will be web-per
20:00:52 [Zakim]
ok, plh; I see RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM scheduled to start now
20:01:24 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM has now started
20:01:32 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:01:45 [Zakim]
+Plh
20:02:00 [Zakim]
+AZ
20:02:20 [JatinderMann]
present+ Philippe
20:02:23 [JatinderMann]
present+ Tony
20:02:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aaaa
20:02:38 [simonjam]
simonjam has joined #webperf
20:02:39 [JatinderMann]
present+ JamesS
20:02:44 [plh]
zakim, aaaa is James
20:02:44 [Zakim]
+James; got it
20:03:14 [plh]
zakim, Microsoft holds Jatinder and Nic
20:03:14 [Zakim]
+Jatinder, Nic; got it
20:03:44 [JatinderMann]
Topic: Discuss Unified Proposal.
20:04:09 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: Thank you James for putting the time into formulating this proposal. As per action items from the last conference call, we have been actively evaluating this proposal. We had responded to the mailing list with our concerns: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2011Jun/0055.html
20:13:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.851.aabb
20:25:48 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:25:50 [Zakim]
-James
20:25:50 [Zakim]
-AZ
20:25:54 [Zakim]
-Plh
20:26:25 [Zakim]
- +1.512.851.aabb
20:26:27 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM has ended
20:26:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Plh, AZ, +1.650.214.aaaa, James, Jatinder, Nic, +1.512.851.aabb
20:35:52 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: In general, there are a few main issues. The proposal attempts to create a single interface that all Timings must use for data collection, storage and retrieval. At first glance, the unified interface looked like a very good idea. However, we are concerned that this single interface constrains current and future Timings to be generalized and risks losing, or making it difficult, to have access to functionality specific to that Timing. A widget
20:35:58 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: The single, circular buffer is also a large concern, as mentioned in the mailing list.
20:36:12 [JatinderMann]
JamesS: A single buffer isn't required, we can change that.
20:38:34 [JatinderMann]
James: Having an inheritance model will take us part of the way to where I'd like this to be.
20:39:51 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: I can take an action item to include an inheritance model into our current specification. I will share that proposal on the mailng list.
21:00:44 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM has now started
21:00:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.253.aaaa
21:01:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.851.aabb
21:01:19 [Zakim]
+Plh
21:01:36 [Zakim]
+??P2
21:01:38 [heycam]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
21:01:38 [Zakim]
+heycam; got it
21:02:04 [plh]
zakim, aaaa is probably Arvind
21:02:04 [Zakim]
+Arvind?; got it
21:02:11 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:03:36 [plh]
zakim, aabb is probably Kyle
21:03:36 [Zakim]
+Kyle?; got it
21:07:16 [plh]
q+
21:09:09 [plh]
[[
21:09:10 [plh]
As examples, the attribute returns true when:
21:09:10 [plh]
The User Agent is minimized.
21:09:10 [plh]
The User Agent is not minimized, but the page is on a background tab.
21:09:10 [plh]
The Operating System lock screen is shown.
21:09:10 [plh]
The User Agent is minimized and a preview is shown.
21:09:12 [plh]
]]
21:09:32 [plh]
(for the hidden attribute)
21:10:12 [plh]
q-
21:13:26 [plh]
and also transparent window
21:28:46 [plh]
actually, opera allows one to minimize a tab
21:42:16 [Zakim]
-heycam
21:42:53 [Zakim]
+??P2
21:42:55 [heycam]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
21:42:55 [Zakim]
+heycam; got it
22:01:03 [Zakim]
-Arvind?
22:01:52 [Zakim]
-heycam
22:04:12 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
22:04:14 [Zakim]
-Plh
22:04:15 [Zakim]
-Kyle?
22:04:15 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per(WPWG)4:00PM has ended
22:04:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.650.253.aaaa, +1.512.851.aabb, Plh, heycam, Arvind?, [Microsoft], Kyle?
23:09:20 [JatinderMann]
zakim, generate minutes
23:09:20 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'generate minutes', JatinderMann
23:09:25 [JatinderMann]
rrsagent, generate minutes
23:09:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/15-webperf-minutes.html JatinderMann
23:09:34 [JatinderMann]
rrsagent, please part
23:09:34 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items