IRC log of webtv on 2011-06-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:50:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
13:50:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webtv-irc
13:50:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:50:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webtv
13:50:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:50:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:50:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference
13:50:48 [trackbot]
Date: 14 June 2011
13:51:01 [kaz]
zakim, list
13:51:01 [Zakim]
I see Team_(wf)13:27Z, Team_(site)13:05Z active
13:51:03 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM, WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)9:00AM, Team_(MEET)10:00AM, INC_SSN()9:00AM, XML_(TAG TF)10:00AM, MWI_BPWG()9:30AM, TAG_(AWWSW)9:00AM,
13:51:06 [Zakim]
... UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM, Team_(RevCadence)9:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, Team_(pf)14:00Z, IA_Team()10:00AM
13:51:45 [kaz]
zakim, this will be UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)
13:51:45 [Zakim]
ok, kaz, I see UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM already started
13:51:51 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:51:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.215.286.aaaa
13:51:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, davidmays, kaz, trackbot
13:52:02 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
13:52:02 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
13:52:03 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
13:53:03 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is David_Mays
13:53:03 [Zakim]
+David_Mays; got it
13:56:55 [giuseppep]
giuseppep has joined #webtv
13:57:05 [giuseppep]
zakim, conference?
13:57:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, giuseppep.
13:58:55 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:59:19 [JanL]
JanL has joined #webtv
13:59:21 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #webtv
13:59:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.503.aabb
13:59:29 [kaz]
zakim, ??P5 is Clarke_Stevens
13:59:29 [Zakim]
+Clarke_Stevens; got it
13:59:47 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Bob_Lund
13:59:47 [Zakim]
+Bob_Lund; got it
14:00:05 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.19.aacc
14:00:19 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
14:00:44 [donghyun_kang]
donghyun_kang has joined #webtv
14:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:00:59 [Zakim]
+ +82.26.91.2.aadd
14:01:02 [kaz]
zakim, ??P15 is Giuseppe_Pascale
14:01:04 [Zakim]
+Giuseppe_Pascale; got it
14:01:49 [kaz]
zakim, aacc probably is Christian_Nord
14:01:59 [kaz]
zakim, aacc is Christian_Nord?
14:02:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aacc probably is Christian_Nord', kaz
14:02:12 [Zakim]
+Christian_Nord?; got it
14:03:24 [kaz]
zakim, aadd is DongHyun_Kang
14:03:47 [Zakim]
+DongHyun_Kang; got it
14:04:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.305.aaee
14:04:43 [kaz]
zakim, aaee is Mark_Vickers
14:04:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.760.705.aaff
14:05:01 [Zakim]
+Mark_Vickers; got it
14:05:21 [jcdufourd]
jcdufourd has joined #webtv
14:05:27 [r]
r has joined #webtv
14:06:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.503.712.aagg
14:06:17 [kaz]
zakim, aaee is Russell_Berkoff
14:06:18 [Zakim]
+??P45
14:06:22 [Zakim]
sorry, kaz, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
14:06:35 [kaz]
zakim, aagg is Narm_Gadiraju
14:06:35 [Zakim]
+Narm_Gadiraju; got it
14:07:24 [kaz]
zakim, ??P45 is Jean-Claude_Dufourd
14:07:25 [Zakim]
+Jean-Claude_Dufourd; got it
14:07:30 [kaz]
zakim, who is noisy?
14:07:41 [kaz]
scribe: kaz
14:07:41 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_Mays (6%), Giuseppe_Pascale (82%), Jean-Claude_Dufourd (28%)
14:07:42 [giuseppep]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/2
14:07:47 [kaz]
chair: Giuseppe
14:08:05 [kaz]
topic: actions
14:08:05 [NiloMitra]
NiloMitra has joined #webtv
14:08:11 [kaz]
giuseppe: start with 16
14:08:33 [kaz]
russell: should start with 17 first and then go back to 16
14:08:36 [giuseppep]
ISSUE-17?
14:08:36 [trackbot]
ISSUE-17 -- Use Case: Home Network Enabled User-Agent -- raised
14:08:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/17
14:08:36 [kaz]
giuseppe: ok
14:09:12 [kaz]
russell: question about password
14:09:30 [kaz]
... discussion on security
14:09:37 [kaz]
... password is managed locally
14:09:53 [kaz]
... rather than centrally managed
14:10:41 [jcdufourd]
q+
14:10:54 [kaz]
giuseppe: think it's fine
14:11:05 [Zakim]
+Nilo_Mitra
14:11:09 [kaz]
... you can split media player/recorder
14:11:23 [JanL]
+q
14:11:24 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:11:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_Mays, Kazuyuki, Clarke_Stevens, Bob_Lund, Christian_Nord?, Giuseppe_Pascale, DongHyun_Kang, Mark_Vickers, +1.760.705.aaff, Narm_Gadiraju,
14:11:29 [Zakim]
... Jean-Claude_Dufourd, Nilo_Mitra
14:11:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see NiloMitra, r, jcdufourd, donghyun_kang, igarashi, Clarke, JanL, giuseppep, Zakim, RRSAgent, davidmays, kaz, trackbot
14:11:33 [kaz]
... probably better to split them
14:11:43 [kaz]
russell: fine
14:11:44 [Zakim]
+ +81.90.146.3.aahh
14:12:00 [kaz]
... separate use cases eventually
14:12:56 [kaz]
giuseppe: you can put note on DLNA/UPnP in not the use case but additional note section
14:13:01 [kaz]
russell: did so
14:13:03 [kaz]
giuseppe: ok
14:13:11 [kaz]
russell: five categories
14:13:29 [narm]
narm has joined #webtv
14:13:35 [kaz]
... user agent. requirement for generating content
14:13:40 [kaz]
... for home network
14:14:07 [kaz]
-> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/UPnPHomeNetworkUA Russell's writeup on the Wiki
14:14:38 [kaz]
russell: (explains his writeup)
14:15:17 [kaz]
... second. Media Server
14:15:42 [kaz]
... third. metadata like date, etc.
14:16:15 [kaz]
s/second. Media Server/
14:16:59 [kaz]
s/third./requirements for Media Player device/
14:17:51 [kaz]
s/his writeup/Scenarios section/
14:18:00 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:18:11 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Clarke_Stevens (88%)
14:18:21 [JanL]
clarke is speaking
14:18:26 [kaz]
clarke: special case for buffered device?
14:18:54 [kaz]
russell: add clarification
14:19:07 [kaz]
zakim, Christian_Nord? is Jan_Lindquist
14:19:07 [Zakim]
+Jan_Lindquist; got it
14:19:31 [kaz]
jan: numbered list would be easier to read
14:19:49 [kaz]
russell: usually use numbered list...
14:20:20 [kaz]
[ Media Server device ]
14:21:28 [kaz]
russell: (explains) Media Server device
14:21:38 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
14:22:01 [kaz]
jan: managing locally on your PC?
14:22:18 [test]
test has joined #webtv
14:22:22 [kaz]
russell: user agent is used for media server
14:22:33 [kaz]
... it exposes contents to home network
14:22:56 [kaz]
jan: administrating metadata for the content?
14:23:53 [kaz]
giuseppe: some content from YouTube, and another content on local USB
14:24:05 [kaz]
russell: can capture the comments
14:25:48 [kaz]
q+
14:25:53 [giuseppep]
q?
14:26:07 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:26:17 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bob_Lund (100%), +1.760.705.aaff (27%)
14:26:44 [kaz]
bob: is that more requirement on how to implement media server?
14:27:02 [kaz]
... interaction in home network
14:27:07 [kaz]
russell: correct
14:27:45 [kaz]
... media server is not necessarily implemented using a specific method
14:28:59 [kaz]
[ Recording device ]
14:29:54 [kaz]
russell: capture content based on time/date
14:30:04 [davidmays]
q+
14:30:04 [kaz]
... and based on EPG
14:30:06 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:30:18 [Zakim]
-Bob_Lund
14:30:46 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking
14:30:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is speaking', kaz
14:30:50 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:31:00 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P2 (5%)
14:31:06 [kaz]
???: difference between EPG-based and metadate-based
14:31:36 [kaz]
s/???/clarke/
14:32:00 [kaz]
russell: @@@
14:32:11 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:32:21 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_Mays (5%), ??P2 (4%), Narm_Gadiraju (20%)
14:32:44 [kaz]
???: the recording device should provide notification
14:33:32 [kaz]
russell: yes, the device should provide notification on recording status, schedule change, future activity, etc.
14:33:40 [kaz]
s/???:/bob?:/
14:34:32 [kaz]
... for example, if I don't specify channel, the recording device should show several choices
14:34:36 [kaz]
q?
14:35:05 [kaz]
... recording instructions, etc.
14:35:19 [JanL]
were we going to limit issues to 10 minutes on each issue?
14:36:05 [JanL]
this is a broad issue so it needs more time
14:36:15 [davidmays]
-q
14:36:38 [JanL]
+q
14:37:03 [kaz]
[ Media oriented device ]
14:37:28 [kaz]
s/Media/UA commands other media/
14:37:37 [kaz]
s/device/devices/
14:37:49 [kaz]
russell: camera angles, etc.
14:37:58 [kaz]
s/camera/control camera/
14:38:13 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:38:24 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P2 (4%)
14:38:25 [kaz]
???: security?
14:38:38 [kaz]
zakim, ??P2 is Bob?
14:38:38 [Zakim]
+Bob?; got it
14:38:50 [kaz]
s/???:/bob:/
14:39:07 [kaz]
giuseppe: we can discuss security more
14:39:23 [igarashi]
q+
14:39:44 [kaz]
[ Future device classes ]
14:40:15 [kaz]
giuseppe: let's continue the discussion by email
14:40:26 [kaz]
... you suggested some extension is needed
14:40:55 [kaz]
... what kind of extension is needed should be discussed
14:41:11 [kaz]
... good to point out what the missing pieces are
14:41:26 [kaz]
s/bob:/@@@:/
14:42:10 [kaz]
russell: will do
14:42:39 [kaz]
... there is some concern metadata can't be delivered using DLNA etc.
14:42:51 [kaz]
giuseppe: will continue the discussion by email
14:42:54 [kaz]
russell: ok
14:43:10 [kaz]
q?
14:43:20 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:43:36 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Giuseppe_Pascale (25%), +1.760.705.aaff (18%)
14:43:44 [kaz]
???: not sure if this could be done in specific situation
14:43:51 [kaz]
s/???:/jc:/
14:43:56 [igarashi_]
igarashi_ has joined #webtv
14:44:06 [kaz]
russell: I think it's generic use case description
14:44:23 [kaz]
... not depending on specific implementation
14:45:06 [kaz]
giuseppe: it's still early stage, so don't need to discuss detailed methods for messaging, etc.
14:45:58 [kaz]
... if you need specific APIs or messaging mechanism, that should be separate discussion
14:46:16 [JanL]
the queue system is not quite working well
14:46:27 [kaz]
q?
14:46:32 [kaz]
ack jc
14:47:56 [giuseppep]
ack kaz
14:48:22 [igarashi_]
q+
14:48:22 [igarashi_]
q+
14:48:43 [kaz]
kaz: we should split issue-17 into 5 separate use cases, shouldn't we?
14:48:46 [kaz]
russell: will do
14:48:50 [kaz]
q?
14:49:55 [jcdufourd]
my earlier question to Russel was: is the issue-17 about defining a set of APIs including one to list available home network media server, or is it about having a generic API that allows to do all the described cases
14:49:55 [kaz]
jan: (missed first two comments...)
14:50:16 [kaz]
... security portion?
14:51:00 [kaz]
igarashi: related to comments from Kaz and Jan
14:51:12 [kaz]
... kind of confused
14:51:22 [kaz]
... what is the point of this use case?
14:51:43 [kaz]
russell: originally what currently UPnP does
14:51:58 [kaz]
... but I removed "UPnP specific portion" from the use case
14:52:59 [kaz]
igarashi: all of the use cases are actually examples of user's requirements for basic framework
14:53:45 [kaz]
... in that case, you don't have to split this big use case, but simply re-define a generic use case including the current topics as examples
14:54:03 [kaz]
russell: what kind of format would fit?
14:54:16 [kaz]
... how could I mention metadata handler?
14:54:24 [kaz]
... it's kind of complicated
14:55:07 [Zakim]
-Jean-Claude_Dufourd
14:55:10 [kaz]
igarashi: you don't need to explain the details of methods for your use cases
14:56:51 [kaz]
... I think the detailed description in this "Home Network Enabled User-Agent" use case
14:56:59 [kaz]
... it's rather examples
14:57:34 [kaz]
... maybe you should explain a "Basic framework for home network enabled UAs"
14:58:06 [kaz]
giuseppe: the point is how to enable which capability
14:58:30 [kaz]
russell: would care of the details of implementation mechanism
14:59:15 [kaz]
igarashi: we should clarify what kind of messages should be invoked at which devices/servers
14:59:52 [kaz]
... for example, what kind of metadata, e.g., title, is needed
14:59:59 [kaz]
... that is use case
15:00:07 [Zakim]
-Mark_Vickers
15:00:23 [kaz]
giuseppe: (we're out of time) so let's continue the discussion on the mailing list
15:01:20 [kaz]
jan: can agree removing UPnP, etc.
15:01:31 [kaz]
s/UPnP/mentioning UPnP/
15:01:54 [kaz]
... relationship with 24?
15:02:03 [kaz]
giuseppe: how to merge with that?
15:02:34 [kaz]
jan: relationship w/ 17?
15:02:40 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
15:02:50 [kaz]
giuseppe: it would be better to wait for a specific WG
15:03:30 [kaz]
jan: there is no exact APIs for local function like DLNA
15:04:00 [kaz]
... we have DLNA stack and also guidelines
15:04:21 [kaz]
giuseppe: let's talk by email how/whether to merge with 17
15:04:26 [kaz]
jan: ok
15:05:25 [davidmays]
bye
15:05:27 [kaz]
giuseppe: will continue discussion by ML
15:05:29 [Clarke]
bye
15:05:35 [davidmays]
davidmays has left #webtv
15:05:39 [kaz]
... next week we'll start with 24
15:05:45 [Zakim]
-Clarke_Stevens
15:05:47 [Zakim]
-David_Mays
15:05:48 [Zakim]
- +1.760.705.aaff
15:05:49 [Zakim]
- +81.90.146.3.aahh
15:06:00 [Zakim]
-Jan_Lindquist
15:06:08 [kaz]
s/24/18
15:06:16 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
15:06:32 [Zakim]
-Giuseppe_Pascale
15:06:33 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
15:06:35 [Zakim]
-DongHyun_Kang
15:06:37 [Zakim]
-Nilo_Mitra
15:06:44 [Zakim]
-Narm_Gadiraju
15:06:49 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
15:06:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bob?
15:07:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see igarashi, test, narm, NiloMitra, r, donghyun_kang, giuseppep, Zakim, RRSAgent, kaz, trackbot
15:07:24 [kaz]
zakim, drop Bob?
15:07:32 [Zakim]
Bob? is being disconnected
15:07:34 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM has ended
15:07:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.215.286.aaaa, Kazuyuki, David_Mays, +1.303.503.aabb, Clarke_Stevens, Bob_Lund, +46.1.07.19.aacc, +82.26.91.2.aadd, Giuseppe_Pascale, DongHyun_Kang,
15:07:43 [Zakim]
... +1.310.305.aaee, +1.760.705.aaff, Mark_Vickers, +1.503.712.aagg, Narm_Gadiraju, Jean-Claude_Dufourd, Nilo_Mitra, +81.90.146.3.aahh, Jan_Lindquist, Bob?
15:12:28 [kaz]
Present: David_Mays, Kazuyuki, Clarke_Stevens, Jan_Lindquist, Giuseppe_Pascale, DongHyun_Kang, Mark_Vickers, +1.760.705.aaff, Narm_Gadiraju, Jean-Claude_Dufourd, Zakim, Nilo_Mitra, Igarashi_Tatsuya, Bob_Lund
15:12:44 [kaz]
Regrets: Francois
15:12:51 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
15:12:56 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:12:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-webtv-minutes.html kaz
15:22:16 [giuseppep]
giuseppep has left #webtv
17:28:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webtv