IRC log of sparql on 2011-06-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:52:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:52:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-sparql-irc
13:53:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:53:05 [LeeF]
trackbot, start meeting
13:53:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:53:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:53:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:53:10 [trackbot]
Date: 14 June 2011
13:53:19 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:53:19 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:44 [LeeF]
trackbot, make me a sandwich
13:53:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, LeeF, I don't understand 'trackbot, make me a sandwich'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:53:52 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-06-14
13:54:17 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Alexandre Passant
13:54:33 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
13:54:49 [AxelPolleres]
carlos around for scribing?
13:57:49 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:57:51 [Zakim]
+kasei
13:57:58 [Zakim]
+ +49.897.aaaa
13:58:08 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, aaaa is me
13:58:08 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres; got it
13:58:38 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:56 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:00:07 [Zakim]
+??P11
14:00:15 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P11 is me
14:00:15 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:00:23 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:00:27 [AndyS]
zakim, P13 is me
14:00:27 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P13'
14:00:36 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P13 is me
14:00:36 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:00:37 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
14:00:45 [AxelPolleres]
scribe: carlos
14:00:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aabb
14:00:53 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:00:59 [SteveH]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
14:00:59 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:01:00 [MattPerry]
zakim, aabb is me
14:01:02 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
14:01:10 [Zakim]
+[Sophia]
14:01:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.553.aacc
14:01:18 [cbuilara]
zakim, mute me
14:01:22 [LeeF]
zakim, aacc is me
14:01:28 [Zakim]
cbuilara should now be muted
14:01:35 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:02:16 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:30 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see kasei, AxelPolleres, cbuilara (muted), AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH, [Sophia], LeeF
14:02:57 [chimezie]
Zakim, code?
14:03:12 [Olivier]
Sophia is Olivier (Sophia Antipolis)
14:03:23 [Zakim]
the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), chimezie
14:03:39 [Olivier]
hi !
14:04:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.368.aadd
14:04:27 [chimezie]
Zakim, +1.216.368.aadd is me
14:04:45 [Zakim]
+chimezie; got it
14:04:52 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:04:53 [AxelPolleres]
agenda ... http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-06-14
14:04:55 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: looking at the agenda, new items, where we are regarding the charter
14:04:57 [AxelPolleres]
topic:admin
14:05:09 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-31
14:05:11 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:05:34 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any objections for the minutes?
14:05:41 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-31
14:06:13 [LeeF]
Yup!
14:06:32 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: topic: new charter
14:06:43 [AxelPolleres]
topic: charter
14:06:46 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2011/05/sparql-charter
14:07:18 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: what's important here is that the document is now going to recommendation
14:07:41 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: update of the documents
14:08:05 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: we hope to finish march 2013
14:08:22 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: hope not to change too much
14:08:28 [kasei]
2012, I hope?
14:08:40 [cbuilara]
s/2013/2012
14:09:35 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: approval charter aroun 2-3 weeks?
14:09:44 [cbuilara]
s/aroun/around
14:10:18 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: when the new charter comes people has to rejoin the working group according to their organisation
14:10:32 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: by first of July we need the approval of the charter
14:10:53 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any comment?
14:11:22 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: next point: quick look on the schedule
14:11:24 [pgearon]
pgearon has joined #sparql
14:11:39 [AxelPolleres]
topic: docs to go to LC ...
14:11:39 [cbuilara]
topic: last call
14:11:41 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:11:57 [LeeF]
No update on protocol, but hoping to work on it end of this week
14:12:21 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: schedule with protocol?
14:12:31 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: will it be in shape on time?
14:12:44 [cbuilara]
LeeF: it's missing examples
14:12:48 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:13:11 [cbuilara]
LeeF: it probable be in shape for review in two weeks
14:13:19 [cbuilara]
s/probable/probably
14:13:26 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any reviewer?
14:13:35 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: Andy and Carlos
14:13:49 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: next document: Fed query
14:14:16 [AxelPolleres]
Overview doc... also within the next two weeks.
14:14:31 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to finalize overview doc
14:14:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-479 - Finalize overview doc [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:14:54 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: we are almost there
14:15:15 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:15:17 [AxelPolleres]
CSV/TSV?
14:15:21 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: is anybody working on CSV doc?
14:15:26 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html
14:15:32 [cbuilara]
AndyS: me
14:16:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.540.412.aaee
14:16:19 [cbuilara]
AndyS: it is content complete, comments from Steve
14:16:25 [pgearon]
Zakim, +aaee is me
14:16:25 [Zakim]
sorry, pgearon, I do not recognize a party named '+aaee'
14:16:33 [AxelPolleres]
content complete, open for review.
14:16:43 [cbuilara]
AndyS: it is ready for review
14:17:03 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any reviewer?
14:17:03 [pgearon]
member:Zakim, +1.540.412.aaee is me
14:17:13 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to review CCV doc within 3 weeks
14:17:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-480 - Review CCV doc within 3 weeks [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:17:18 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I can review in two or three weeks
14:17:24 [AxelPolleres]
s/CCV/CSV/
14:17:33 [pgearon]
Zakim, +1.540.412.aaee is me
14:17:33 [Zakim]
+pgearon; got it
14:18:00 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: next point: availability of teh people over the summer
14:18:05 [cbuilara]
s/teh/the
14:18:17 [iv_an_ru_]
iv_an_ru_ has joined #sparql
14:18:22 [AndyS]
Note RDF/SPARQL WG telecon on graph naming.
14:18:43 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel set up wiki page for summer unavailability, will send out mail please fill
14:18:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-481 - Set up wiki page for summer unavailability, will send out mail please fill [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:19:25 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: meetings to get fix most important things before last call
14:19:40 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any thoughts (face to face meetings)
14:19:45 [AndyS]
I prefer specific telecons, not a F2F
14:19:51 [SteveH]
I'm not sure we need one
14:19:56 [AxelPolleres]
any thoughts? opinions?
14:20:51 [AxelPolleres]
plan f2f - if needed- towards the end of the summer (aug/sep)
14:21:03 [AxelPolleres]
re-evaluate whether necessarzy then
14:21:07 [SteveH]
it's hard to hear with the loud typing
14:21:25 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: topic: open actions
14:21:34 [cbuilara]
topic: open actions
14:21:56 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: Fed query tests
14:21:56 [kasei]
I think 274 is still relevant
14:22:20 [kasei]
ah, ok.
14:22:25 [kasei]
didn't see that
14:22:42 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-274
14:22:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-274 Draft some extra bit for federated query tests manifest vocabulary plus example. closed
14:23:11 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: actions on Lee, Andy and Carlos, service test cases
14:23:22 [LeeF]
The action to setup the endpoint is on ericP
14:23:29 [cbuilara]
zakim, unmute me
14:23:29 [Zakim]
cbuilara should no longer be muted
14:23:35 [LeeF]
The other action is to come up with better test vocab to support fed query test
14:23:53 [ericP]
action noted
14:23:53 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
14:23:56 [AxelPolleres]
progress on SERVICE TC actions?
14:24:22 [AndyS]
kasei found much the same - see email.
14:24:23 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-474
14:24:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-474 Look at SERVICE tests closed
14:24:35 [cbuilara]
cbuilara: I will give a run to the tests again
14:24:49 [cbuilara]
cbuilara: modifying the manifest
14:24:52 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: carlos to update SERVICE test cases based on andy's feedback
14:24:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-482 - Update SERVICE test cases based on andy's feedback [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-06-21].
14:25:37 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: keep in touch with LeeF for the tests
14:26:02 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: pubrules for Fed query document?
14:26:13 [cbuilara]
cbuilara: the document pass them all
14:26:13 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-471
14:26:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-471 Fix pub-rules issues for federated query closed
14:26:55 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: fed query tests, wrong manifest tests
14:27:03 [cbuilara]
cbuilara: still working on it
14:27:16 [cbuilara]
LeeF: we need to work in the federated environmnet
14:27:24 [cbuilara]
zakim, mute me
14:27:24 [Zakim]
cbuilara should now be muted
14:27:49 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: need more coordination, better toleave this action ipen
14:27:54 [cbuilara]
s/ipen/open
14:28:38 [cbuilara]
zakim, unmute me
14:28:38 [Zakim]
cbuilara should no longer be muted
14:28:46 [LeeF]
I haven't done anything about that
14:29:10 [cbuilara]
zakim, mute me
14:29:10 [Zakim]
cbuilara should now be muted
14:29:18 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: Entailment test cases
14:29:22 [LeeF]
Think we were waiting for some results from chimezie for the ones he can run
14:29:32 [LeeF]
ACTION-412?
14:29:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol -- due 2011-03-22 -- OPEN
14:29:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/412
14:30:31 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: Steve, will you have time to look at that?
14:30:53 [cbuilara]
SteveH: I did not look at it
14:31:08 [AxelPolleres]
JB-4, RV-7 still open (on Steve and Axel)
14:31:44 [LeeF]
I don't think ti has, but it needs to
14:33:20 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: any action open on SteveH tolook into aggregate
14:33:29 [cbuilara]
SteveH: working on that
14:33:35 [pgearon]
the only action I know of on test cases is on me: #271
14:34:32 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: action on Lee about SPARQL 1.1 update submission
14:35:49 [cbuilara]
AndyS: specification on SPARQL update is clear
14:35:50 [AxelPolleres]
discussion on ACTION-296
14:37:35 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: can we go ahead with the rewording?
14:37:54 [LeeF]
can we agree on "authoritative specification for the SPARQL update language" ?
14:38:09 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: add disclaimer on SPARQL Update submission as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0319.html with changing "are encouraged" to "should"
14:38:31 [AndyS]
Lets use "SPARQL 1.1 Update" - ie formal name
14:38:35 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: is that ok?
14:38:48 [LeeF]
AxelPolleres, I'll work it out with Andy offline.
14:39:08 [AndyS]
also Steve's comment?
14:40:02 [LeeF]
Seriously, this isn't worth this much time.
14:40:06 [LeeF]
I'll work with Andy offline.
14:40:15 [AxelPolleres]
let's send Andy and Lee off to sort out rewording offline.
14:41:31 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: done with actions,
14:41:36 [cbuilara]
topic: comments
14:42:00 [chimezie]
yes
14:42:03 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:42:03 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:42:20 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: would you be ok to take over comments over sparql 1.1 protocol?
14:42:31 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jun/0000.html
14:42:46 [AxelPolleres]
AL-1 assigned to chime
14:42:49 [cbuilara]
chimezie: sure
14:44:22 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: comments ready to send, these comments are already on the mailing list
14:44:24 [AxelPolleres]
HK-3 ...
14:44:34 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jun/0001.html
14:44:59 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:44:59 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:45:01 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:HK-3
14:45:22 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: is a good idea what Holger suggested?
14:45:26 [LeeF]
Holger suggests that unknown types be treated as numeric types
14:45:41 [LeeF]
Does anyone want to speak in support of that suggestion?
14:45:59 [LeeF]
(silence)
14:46:10 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: no support?
14:46:18 [cbuilara]
nobody answered
14:46:24 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:SC-3
14:46:33 [AndyS]
This is trickier.
14:47:06 [cbuilara]
AndyS: nothing to add to the emails I sent to themailing list
14:47:29 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I sent a new one
14:47:44 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: let me think about it
14:47:58 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I will send an answer today
14:48:35 [cbuilara]
kasei: my answer is still not ready to go
14:48:47 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: comments from Ivan
14:49:06 [LeeF]
Suggest contacting Ivan offline and asking how he'd like to treat that comment.
14:49:42 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: that's low priority, but I will contact Ivan
14:49:56 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I will ask Ivan what should be done
14:49:58 [AxelPolleres]
I will contact Ivan...
14:50:17 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to ping IvanM on his comment.
14:50:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-483 - Ping IvanM on his comment. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:51:03 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:51:29 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:51:29 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:51:30 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: I would encourage to work in comments
14:51:48 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:52:09 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: all, check comments page
14:52:29 [cbuilara]
AxelPolleres: Jeremy Carroll comments not assinged
14:52:34 [chimezie]
I thought I answered all the Kjetl comments already
14:52:40 [cbuilara]
s/assinged/assigned
14:53:32 [chimezie]
s/Kjetl/Kjetil
14:53:51 [LeeF]
OK
14:54:19 [cbuilara]
chimezie: I will check that comments
14:54:51 [Zakim]
-chimezie
14:54:52 [MattPerry]
bye
14:54:53 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:54:54 [MattPerry]
\quit
14:54:55 [AxelPolleres]
adjourned
14:54:59 [Zakim]
-[Sophia]
14:55:04 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:55:07 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
14:55:10 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:55:16 [AxelPolleres]
bye all
14:55:28 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:55:30 [Zakim]
-kasei
14:55:33 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:56:06 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
14:56:14 [AxelPolleres]
carlos, I can do the minutes... thanks for scribing
14:56:55 [cbuilara]
thanks Axel
14:57:09 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:58:11 [AxelPolleres]
minutes are published at: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-06-14
14:58:16 [AxelPolleres]
bye all!
15:01:26 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:01:27 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:01:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were kasei, +49.897.aaaa, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, +1.603.897.aabb, SteveH, MattPerry, [Sophia], +1.617.553.aacc, LeeF, chimezie, pgearon
15:12:01 [LeeF]
ACTION-478?
15:12:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-478 -- Lee Feigenbaum to figure out what the status of tests for the new SPARQL 1.1 functions are -- due 2011-06-07 -- OPEN
15:12:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/478
15:57:20 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
16:58:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
18:08:56 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql