IRC log of au on 2011-06-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:51:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/13-au-irc
19:51:20 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:51:21 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 51 minutes ago
19:51:27 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:51:38 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0074.html
19:54:58 [Jan]
regrets: Cherie E.
19:55:06 [Jan]
regrets: Cherie E., Allessandro M.
19:59:25 [jeanne]
sure. I will do it probably on Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow.
20:00:19 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:26 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:00:55 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:01:17 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
20:01:39 [jeanne]
s/ sure. I will do it probably on Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow. //
20:01:53 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
20:01:53 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
20:02:31 [Jan]
zakim, ??P3 is really Jan
20:02:31 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:04:05 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
20:04:14 [Jan]
Scribe: Jan
20:05:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.765.aaaa
20:06:20 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Greg
20:06:20 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
20:07:13 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
20:07:15 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:08:12 [Jan]
zakim, ??P6 is really Jutta
20:08:12 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:08:33 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:08:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex, Jan, Jeanne, Greg, Jutta
20:08:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Greg, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, jeanne, trackbot
20:11:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.561.200.aabb
20:11:38 [Jan]
zakim, aabb is really Sueann
20:11:38 [Zakim]
+Sueann; got it
20:12:00 [Jan]
Topic: 1. The survey for reviewing the AA comments
20:12:21 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - GL41
20:12:45 [Jan]
JR: Has a proposal
20:12:54 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2 - WCAGWG27
20:14:31 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept response to B.3.2 - WCAGWG27
20:14:39 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2 - MS57
20:16:27 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:17:44 [Jan]
JT: B.3.2.4 At Least as Prominent: Accessible content support features are at least as prominent as features related to other types of web content problems (e.g., invalid markup, syntax errors, spelling and grammar errors).
20:18:51 [Jan]
JT: B.3.2.4 At Least as Prominent: Accessible content support features are at least as prominent as features related to other types of web content problems (i.e., invalid markup, syntax errors, spelling and grammar errors).
20:21:13 [Jan]
JT: B.3.2.4 At Least as Prominent: Accessible content support features are at least as prominent as features related to either invalid markup, syntax errors, spelling or grammar errors.
20:22:34 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept new wording " B.3.2.4 At Least as Prominent: Accessible content support features are at least as prominent as features related to either invalid markup, syntax errors, spelling or grammar errors."
20:22:49 [Jan]
Action JR: Change wording to resolved for B.3.2.4
20:22:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-347 - Change wording to resolved for B.3.2.4 [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-20].
20:22:58 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2 - MS58
20:23:14 [Jan]
AL: Resolved above.
20:23:22 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2 - GL19
20:23:51 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept response to B.3.2 - GL19
20:24:01 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.2 - OC31
20:24:21 [Jan]
JR: Resolved above.
20:24:28 [Jan]
Topic: B.3.4 - MS59
20:48:31 [Jan]
1. Explain use of "range"
20:48:33 [Jan]
NEW DEFINITON: "Range":
20:48:35 [Jan]
More than one item within a set that is also more than one item. See also "Range" in the (informative) Introduction.
20:48:36 [Jan]
NEW SECTION IN THE (INFORMATIVE) INTRODUCTION:
20:48:38 [Jan]
ATAG 2.0 uses the term "range" in several success criteria in which absolute measurements may not be practical (e.g. the set of all help documentation examples, the set of all templates, etc.). While the strict testable requirement is the definition "More than one item within a set that is also more than one item", implementers are strongly encouraged to implement the success criteria more widely.
20:48:57 [Jan]
OLDER VERSION
20:49:34 [Jan]
NEW DEFINITON: "Range":
20:49:35 [Jan]
More than one item within a multi-item set.
20:49:37 [Jan]
(Informative) Note: ATAG 2.0 uses the term "range" in several success criteria in which absolute measurements may not be practical (e.g. the set of all help documentation examples, the set of all templates, etc.). While the strict testable requirement is the definition "More than one item within a multi-item set ", implementers are strongly encouraged to implement the success criteria more...
20:49:38 [Jan]
...broadly.
20:55:42 [Jan]
source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0061.html
20:56:21 [Jan]
JT: But it would be just as a unacceptable to show inaccessible step as bad xyntax in example
20:56:38 [Jan]
GP: But it could be a different point in timeline
20:57:15 [Jan]
JT: Right, so then examples of breaking accessibility at publishing
20:57:22 [Jan]
GP: How do you test that?
20:57:33 [Jan]
JT: Test what?
20:58:11 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:58:18 [Jan]
GP: How do you know you've done that...lots of actions having to do with images....at some point you need accessibility demonstrated other times not important
20:58:35 [Jan]
GP: Sampling wouldn't work...
20:58:43 [Jan]
JT: Not suggesting sampling
20:59:37 [Jan]
JT: Proposing to turn it around and to say don't do harm
21:00:15 [Jan]
JR: So the class of documentation at the end
21:00:49 [Jan]
JT: Or some things that heppen in the middle...like images of text in some context
21:04:18 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
21:04:20 [Zakim]
-Sueann
21:04:20 [Zakim]
-Alex
21:04:20 [Zakim]
-Jutta
21:04:23 [Zakim]
-Greg
21:05:11 [Jan]
Action: JR to attempt to propose text taking into account context of inaccessible examples and testing practicality.
21:05:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-348 - Attempt to propose text taking into account context of inaccessible examples and testing practicality. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-20].
21:05:17 [Zakim]
-Jan
21:05:19 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
21:05:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jeanne, Alex, Jan, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Jutta, +1.561.200.aabb, Sueann, Tim_Boland
21:10:05 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
21:10:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/13-au-minutes.html Jan
21:10:11 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
21:10:15 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
21:10:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
21:10:20 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
21:10:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/13-au-actions.rdf :
21:10:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to Change wording to resolved for B.3.2.4 [1]
21:10:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/13-au-irc#T20-22-49
21:10:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to attempt to propose text taking into account context of inaccessible examples and testing practicality. [2]
21:10:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/13-au-irc#T21-05-11