IRC log of mediaann on 2011-06-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:53:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:53:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-irc
10:54:02 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
10:54:02 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
10:55:07 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG
10:57:29 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
10:59:05 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
10:59:31 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #mediaann
11:00:00 [mcsuarez]
mcsuarez has joined #mediaann
11:04:11 [wbailer]
hi wonsuk
11:07:15 [wbailer]
scribenick: wbailer
11:07:34 [wbailer]
action 360 ongoing
11:07:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 360
11:08:16 [wbailer]
we leave 406 open as reminder
11:08:45 [wbailer]
close action-411
11:08:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-411 Gather the metadata files from Apple closed
11:08:48 [mcsuarez]
hi.. I'm trying to connect to the call
11:09:26 [wbailer]
chair: thierry
11:09:35 [wbailer]
present: thierry, joakim, werner
11:10:09 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs public
11:10:18 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:10:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:11:55 [wbailer]
concerning action 420, discussion has taken place at interaction f2f
11:12:27 [wbailer]
plan is to add statement to api spec: discussion with html wg, they consider this as a server issue, no need for client side api
11:12:47 [wbailer]
... scope of api is broader, not just focused on html case
11:13:22 [wbailer]
action: thierry to send mail to group exlaining this issue and draft implementation note
11:13:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-423 - Send mail to group exlaining this issue and draft implementation note [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-06-14].
11:13:59 [wbailer]
thierry: addressing not only html wg but also browser vendors
11:14:22 [wbailer]
... to sty in the loop when the requirement occurs in future
11:14:30 [wbailer]
s/sty/stay/
11:14:45 [wbailer]
... we should send a formal comment to html wg when they are in lc
11:15:02 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:15:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:15:39 [wbailer]
regrets: jean-pierre, felix, tobias
11:16:43 [wbailer]
thierry: we should send response to html wg now, if we do not get response, we can send official feedback during lc phase
11:20:13 [mcsuarez]
mcsuarez has joined #mediaann
11:20:45 [mcsuarez]
Hi again, I'm sorry... I'm having problems both with the irc and with the phone...
11:21:01 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/CR/mediaont-1.0.html
11:22:16 [mcsuarez]
now I can follow just via IRC.... sorry
11:22:25 [wbailer]
close action-421
11:22:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-421 Remove METS and MediaRDF from the ontology document closed
11:23:50 [wbailer]
concerning action 422, Adobe says the XMP examples also cover Flash
11:24:04 [wbailer]
... but actually this is only a subset, there is more in Flash
11:25:09 [wbailer]
close action-422
11:25:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-422 Deliver XMP example files, preferably by the end of the week closed
11:25:47 [wbailer]
topic: ontology CR version
11:26:35 [wbailer]
thierry: meeting of chairs, team contact, domain leader and representative of director scheduled for this week
11:27:09 [tmichel]
zakim, who is here?
11:27:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
11:27:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mcsuarez, wonsuk, tmichel, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, trackbot
11:28:10 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:28:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:28:31 [wbailer]
regrets: jean-pierre, felix, tobias
11:28:34 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:28:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:29:52 [wbailer]
publication of cr scheduled for next tuesday
11:30:02 [wbailer]
topic: metadata format files
11:30:21 [wbailer]
thierry: huge progress, files from silvia, apple and felix
11:30:39 [wbailer]
... we are missing Cablelabs 1.1 EBUCore IPTC Media RSS Quicktime TV-Anytime TXFeed
11:30:54 [wbailer]
joakim: cablelabs should be there
11:31:23 [wbailer]
cable labs has been provided
11:32:08 [wonsuk]
I will take care of Media RSS, TXFeed.
11:32:10 [wbailer]
... but Turtle only, not XML RDF
11:32:28 [mcsuarez]
QT were also provided (together with 3GP, and MP4). Apple provided us with the samples; and I was created the corresponding rdf files and ttl files.
11:32:36 [wonsuk]
I will send these files after this meeting.
11:34:34 [mcsuarez]
please let me know if you need something from my part
11:35:52 [wbailer]
thierry: completeness and validity of provided files have to be checked, procedure to be defined
11:36:15 [wbailer]
... including small issues like local URLs etc
11:36:25 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:36:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:38:40 [wbailer]
joakim: put the issue of checking files on the agenda of the F2F
11:39:09 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:39:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:40:17 [wbailer]
we need to check RDF validity, coverage of the mapping tables, consistency
11:40:30 [wbailer]
to be discussed at F2F, any input before is appreciated
11:40:44 [wbailer]
topic: revision of API doc
11:42:13 [wbailer]
ready to go to 2nd lc
11:42:31 [wbailer]
everyone to check current draft
11:42:55 [wbailer]
vote for moving to 2nd lc on Jun. 14th
11:43:00 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:43:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
11:44:28 [wbailer]
topic: schema.org
11:45:15 [wbailer]
http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html
11:47:45 [mcsuarez]
I think it would be useful also to think about the ontologies/vocabularies currently used in the Linked Data innitiative, and their relation with the schemas in schemas.org
11:48:25 [mcsuarez]
we could talk about this in the F2F; and maybe we could propose a wg on these aspects (linked data and media).
11:49:27 [stegmai]
stegmai has joined #mediaann
11:50:36 [tmichel]
no please join ...
11:51:54 [mcsuarez]
sorry I could not call in. but following all the notes in IRC
11:52:57 [wbailer]
present+ florian[joined_late], mari-carmen[irc_only]
11:56:11 [stegmai]
http://schema.rdfs.org/about.html
11:58:51 [wbailer]
we have a statement in our ontology spec, stating that new mappings can be added in future versions of the spec
11:59:12 [wbailer]
joakim: we should not change our properties now, but wait if/how schema.org gets adopted
11:59:53 [wbailer]
thierry: which delay would it cause to add mappings + examples
12:00:03 [wbailer]
... we would probably need to go to another lc
12:00:30 [wbailer]
thierry to discuss this issue with domain leader
12:02:19 [mcsuarez]
the situation in the case of schema.org is similar to other ontologies/vocabularies used in the linked data innitiative, and we could also take them into account.
12:05:05 [wbailer]
action: thierry to explore options for adding mappings to schema.org
12:05:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-424 - Explore options for adding mappings to schema.org [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-06-14].
12:06:25 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:06:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/07-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:09:38 [mcsuarez]
is the call finished?
12:23:20 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:23:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were
13:35:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
14:02:59 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann