IRC log of au on 2011-06-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:51:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc
19:51:53 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:51:53 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 51 minutes ago
19:51:58 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:52:19 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0051.html
19:53:35 [Jan]
Regrets: Sarah P.
20:00:06 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:46 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:02:15 [jeanne]
zakim, start meeting
20:02:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'start meeting', jeanne
20:02:29 [jeanne]
trackbot, start meeting
20:02:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:02:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
20:02:34 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM already started
20:02:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:02:35 [trackbot]
Date: 06 June 2011
20:03:03 [Jan]
zakim, code?
20:03:03 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), Jan
20:03:30 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
20:03:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
20:03:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:04:18 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
20:04:37 [jeanne]
present+ Greg, Tim, Jan, Jeanne, Alex, Cherie
20:05:13 [Jan]
Chair: Jan Richards
20:05:29 [Jan]
Scribe: jeanne
20:05:29 [jeanne]
scribe: jeanne
20:06:12 [jeanne]
topic: Extending the public comments
20:09:58 [jeanne]
JR: We have only received comments from 1 person, we could postpone 2 weeks and send a reminder.
20:11:02 [jeanne]
Alex: We are still reviewing.
20:11:24 [jeanne]
Greg: How about 2nd week in July?
20:11:41 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I was hoping to just do 2 weeks.
20:13:24 [jeanne]
Greg: We have to address Andrew's comments which missed the deadline last time.
20:13:51 [jeanne]
Jan: What if we re0submitted Andrew's comments
20:14:40 [jeanne]
Greg: that would be ok.
20:15:02 [jeanne]
... July 1 would be a natural stop, the end of a quarter
20:15:39 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I really want to keep pushing to move forward - if we wait too long, it won't be urgent.
20:16:48 [jeanne]
Jan: It has already been May 24 deadline, so 2 weeks is a month delay.
20:18:32 [jeanne]
... maybe we should let it go. We are still making changes based on the Microsoft comments. Incorporate the comments we have received in the current discussion
20:19:03 [Jan]
Resolution: Not to re-open comment period on the April 26 public WD.
20:22:11 [jeanne]
Greg: schedule?
20:22:36 [jeanne]
Jan: Finish the comments, publish another draft in 4 weeks and then if there are no comments, we can go to Last Call.
20:22:52 [jeanne]
Alex: I don't think this group can afford to cycle another Last Call.
20:22:58 [Jan]
Topic: Open Action Review
20:23:00 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/tracker/actions/open
20:23:49 [Jan]
Topic: Survey reviewing the AA comments
20:23:51 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110503/results#xq30
20:28:06 [jeanne]
Jan: Jutta wants this to be AA
20:28:37 [jeanne]
Alex: Metadata is a vague term, when you only need an association.
20:28:46 [jeanne]
Jan: I'm open to other terms.
20:29:47 [Jan]
Action: JR to reword using programmatically associated or similar term (AL may suggest term)
20:29:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-340 - Reword using programmatically associated or similar term (AL may suggest term) [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:30:00 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.2 - GL28
20:30:57 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept the response to GL28
20:31:03 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.2 - GL29
20:31:27 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept the response to GL29
20:31:35 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.2 - OC23
20:32:12 [Jan]
Skip over this due to action item on MS49
20:32:21 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.2 - IBM53
20:33:29 [jeanne]
Alex: Dynamic user content is the new issue.
20:34:16 [jeanne]
Jan: The checker can only give status on what the checker can check. Even if the content is dynamic, the report can still be generated.
20:34:48 [jeanne]
Alex: Then it has to be in a slice of time that has to be acknowledged and the association may not be able to be made
20:34:49 [Jan]
Action: JR to acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a challenge to determining a "status"
20:34:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-341 - Acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a challenge to determining a "status" [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:35:07 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.2 - IBM54
20:35:24 [Jan]
Skip over this due to action item on MS49
20:35:33 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.4 - MS50
20:39:44 [jeanne]
Jan: What I mean is that the program would save the association of alt text with the image
20:40:15 [Jan]
Action: AL to look into implementations of alt-text association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse)
20:40:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-342 - Look into implementations of alt-text association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [on Alex Li - due 2011-06-13].
20:40:16 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Every clipboard gallery that I have worked with saves the title of the image - if for no other reason than for searching.
20:40:25 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.4 - GL30
20:41:32 [Jan]
Wait for AL's action.
20:41:40 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.4 - OC26
20:42:29 [Jan]
Wait for AL's action.
20:42:37 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - GG7
20:44:56 [Jan]
GG7
20:47:12 [jeanne]
Cherie: you can ignore my commment then.
20:47:29 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept response to GG7.
20:47:40 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - UAWG6
20:48:31 [jeanne]
JAn: I believe we changed the definition of prominence on the list.
20:48:42 [Jan]
Action: JR to look up what was decided about prominence and apply it to UAWG6
20:48:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-343 - Look up what was decided about prominence and apply it to UAWG6 [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:48:52 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS51
20:50:05 [jeanne]
Jan will reword with a standard conditional
20:50:32 [Jan]
Action: JR to reword with conditional on potential for accessibility problems.
20:50:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-344 - Reword with conditional on potential for accessibility problems. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:50:44 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS52
20:51:34 [Jan]
Wait for AL's action.
20:51:44 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS53
20:52:16 [Jan]
Wait for JR's action on prominence.
20:52:23 [Jan]
B.2.5 - MS54
20:52:28 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS54
20:54:37 [jeanne]
Jan: some templates won't let you post until you have entered some minimal information. That's what I meant by minimal instructions.
20:55:01 [jeanne]
Alex: It makes sense to me here, but I won't know what a minimal instruction when there is a blank template.
20:55:32 [jeanne]
Jan: As soon as it reaches the point of publishing, that is when we have to test it.
20:55:59 [jeanne]
... in the case of blank templates, there would be no instructions
20:56:26 [Jan]
Action: JR clarify for accessible templates that there may be no instructions for blank document type templates.
20:56:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-345 - Clarify for accessible templates that there may be no instructions for blank document type templates. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:56:43 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS55
20:57:55 [Jan]
Action: JR to propose conditional on inaccessible potential
20:57:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-346 - Propose conditional on inaccessible potential [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].
20:58:05 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - MS56
20:58:36 [Jan]
Wait for other answers.
20:58:46 [Jan]
Topic: B.2.5 - GL41
21:01:06 [Jan]
Didn't finish GL41...
21:02:06 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:02:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html jeanne
21:02:22 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
21:02:27 [Jan]
me jeanne, you are wrapping up?
21:02:49 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
21:02:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were
21:03:03 [jeanne]
zakim, bye
21:03:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
21:03:12 [jeanne]
rrsagent, bye
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-actions.rdf :
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to reword using programmatically associated or similar term (AL may suggest term) [1]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-29-47
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a challenge to determining a "status" [2]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-34-49
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AL to look into implementations of alt-text association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [3]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-40-15
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to look up what was decided about prominence and apply it to UAWG6 [4]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-48-42
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to reword with conditional on potential for accessibility problems. [5]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-50-32
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR clarify for accessible templates that there may be no instructions for blank document type templates. [6]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-56-26
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to propose conditional on inaccessible potential [7]
21:03:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc#T20-57-55