IRC log of sparql on 2011-05-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:58:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/31-sparql-irc
13:58:34 [AndyS]
trackbot, make logs public
13:58:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:58:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:58:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:58:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:58:39 [trackbot]
Date: 31 May 2011
13:58:39 [trackbot]
Sorry, AndyS, I don't understand 'trackbot, make logs public'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:58:42 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:43 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:58:43 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF, I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM already started
13:58:48 [Zakim]
+??P8
13:58:53 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P8 is me
13:58:53 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
13:59:15 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:59:18 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P9 is me
13:59:18 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
13:59:41 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:59:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see cbuilara, AndyS
13:59:45 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:00:08 [AndyS]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:00:16 [Zakim]
+MattPerry
14:00:20 [Zakim]
AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:01:36 [SteveH_]
SteveH_ has joined #sparql
14:01:48 [LeeF]
zakim, who's here?
14:01:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see cbuilara, AndyS, LeeF, MattPerry
14:01:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see SteveH_, RRSAgent, Zakim, cbuilara, MattPerry, AndyS, LeeF, SteveH, iv_an_ru_, pgearon, NickH, alepas, ericP, kasei, trackbot, sandro
14:02:14 [LeeF]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-05-31
14:02:24 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
14:02:27 [LeeF]
scribenick: MattPerry
14:02:49 [LeeF]
Regrets: bglimm, olivier, chime, axel, greg
14:03:01 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:03:08 [SteveH_]
Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:03:08 [Zakim]
+SteveH_; got it
14:04:06 [LeeF]
topic: admin
14:04:10 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-24
14:04:25 [Zakim]
+sandro
14:04:54 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-24
14:05:04 [LeeF]
Next regular meeting: 2011-06-07 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EST (scribe: Carlos)
14:05:06 [SteveH]
Zakim, SteveH_ is me
14:05:06 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:05:23 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Next meeting is during SemTech, should we have a meeting?
14:05:26 [AndyS]
At SemTech -- regrets for next week
14:05:32 [LeeF]
At SemTech
14:05:35 [MattPerry]
At SemTech -- regrets
14:05:38 [sandro]
At SemTech
14:05:39 [SteveH]
I won't be at SemTech
14:05:51 [cbuilara]
I won't be at SemTech
14:05:52 [bglimm]
I won't be at SemTech
14:06:20 [MattPerry]
LeeF: I will catch up with Axel to decide on next meeting
14:06:37 [SteveH]
I'm at risk for next week anyway
14:06:39 [LeeF]
topic: Charter
14:07:31 [MattPerry]
LeeF: We set request to publish JSON document as FPWD and Last Call, but our charter said that JSON document is a Note ... this is a problem
14:07:59 [MattPerry]
... We will need to change the charter anyway for other things
14:08:11 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2011/05/sparql-charter
14:08:34 [MattPerry]
... Will publish other docs as last call when new charter is approved
14:08:58 [MattPerry]
@sandro: have updated charter based on reviews ... we are in good shape
14:08:59 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:10:03 [MattPerry]
... process going forward is that it gets send to advisory committee to review
14:10:11 [MattPerry]
s/send/sent
14:10:38 [MattPerry]
LeeF: should we try to target tomorrow's committee meeting?
14:10:41 [MattPerry]
@sandro: yes
14:11:43 [MattPerry]
LeeF: I'm inclined to publish all remaining docs together
14:12:15 [MattPerry]
AndyS: we're looking at mid July earliest?
14:13:09 [MattPerry]
LeeF: probably ... could be early July
14:13:18 [LeeF]
topic: Comments
14:13:20 [cbuilara]
+q
14:13:29 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:13:31 [LeeF]
ack cbuilara
14:13:49 [MattPerry]
cbuilara: publish docs in mid July for last call?
14:13:53 [MattPerry]
LeeF: yes
14:15:09 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Andy sent out some responses about JSON document
14:16:14 [MattPerry]
... some editoral things from Ivan
14:16:34 [MattPerry]
Andy: I have looked at those ... mostly editoral
14:18:10 [MattPerry]
... nothing worrisome
14:19:08 [AndyS]
SimonJ pinged me to ask if his comment had been received - I said yes and pointed to the archive.
14:19:09 [LeeF]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011May/0041.html
14:19:24 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Only other commen is from Michael Hausenblas
14:19:46 [MattPerry]
... He is concerned that it will be tough to do SPARQL update in large cluster environments
14:20:03 [MattPerry]
... requested a note about this
14:20:05 [AndyS]
I asked him about journal based DBs which have update and append style performance
14:20:14 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/index.php?title=CommentResponse:MH-LC-1
14:20:41 [SteveH]
+1 to LeeF, not our role
14:20:50 [MattPerry]
LeeF: It's not our role as spec drafters to talk about implementation strategies
14:21:01 [AndyS]
+1 to LeeF's draft
14:21:35 [LeeF]
topic: test case actions
14:22:14 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open
14:23:01 [MattPerry]
pgearon: I've made a start on my actions, but it will take some more time
14:23:58 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Axel and I have actions for Federated Query tests ... will start working on them
14:24:14 [MattPerry]
LeeF: ... action to investigate reuse of old scripts
14:24:17 [AndyS]
eric's scripts
14:24:39 [MattPerry]
LeeF: this is something we should do by CR
14:24:54 [sandro]
q+ to ask Chartering question
14:25:01 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Steve still has pending actions for aggregate tests
14:25:33 [MattPerry]
SteveH: I have not had time yet
14:26:06 [AndyS]
Tests are very similar to SPARQL 1.0 - just a new URIs for test types
14:26:39 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Any more binind tests?
14:26:57 [LeeF]
close ACTION-376
14:26:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-376 Look at BINDINGS tests closed
14:27:20 [MattPerry]
LeeF: will do my action on IF tests
14:27:38 [MattPerry]
s/binind/binding
14:28:33 [AndyS]
ericP?
14:28:52 [MattPerry]
LeeF: we have split up the function tests, but there are no actions for them.
14:29:10 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to figure out what the status of tests for the new SPARQL 1.1 functions are
14:29:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-478 - Figure out what the status of tests for the new SPARQL 1.1 functions are [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-06-07].
14:29:30 [bglimm_]
bglimm_ has joined #sparql
14:29:32 [MattPerry]
LeeF: Any more discussion points for today
14:29:55 [MattPerry]
@sandro: Wanted to see what to publish to overview document as: Rec or Note?
14:30:15 [MattPerry]
@sandor: I lean toward recommendation
14:30:28 [MattPerry]
@sandro: I lean toward recommendation
14:30:50 [MattPerry]
LeeF: will publish as recommendation
14:30:58 [AndyS]
Bye all!
14:31:00 [Zakim]
-sandro
14:31:01 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:31:01 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:31:02 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:31:02 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:31:05 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:31:07 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:31:08 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:31:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were cbuilara, AndyS, LeeF, MattPerry, sandro, SteveH, pgearon
14:33:22 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
14:45:41 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql
14:48:53 [ericP]
AndyS, you were looking for me?
16:30:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
16:48:51 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql
17:39:23 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
17:39:35 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql