IRC log of er on 2011-05-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:29:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:29:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:29:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:29:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:29:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:29:09 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
12:29:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:29:10 [trackbot]
Date: 25 May 2011
12:29:31 [shadi]
12:29:36 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:29:40 [carlosV]
carlosV has joined #er
12:29:45 [shadi]
regrets: Rui, Kostas
12:30:28 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:30:35 [Zakim]
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Last Call comments
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ WAI evaluation and testing activities
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force (Eval TF)
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule
12:30:46 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:30:46 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:30:48 [Zakim]
12:30:53 [Zakim]
12:31:12 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 CarlosV
12:31:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??p8 CarlosV', shadi
12:31:18 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 is CarlosV
12:31:18 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:31:26 [shadi]
zakim, ??p9 is Philip
12:31:27 [Zakim]
+Philip; got it
12:32:29 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
12:34:25 [Zakim]
12:35:57 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:36:06 [shadi]
scribenick: carlos
12:36:21 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:36:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:37:10 [carlosV]
zakim, mute me
12:37:10 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
12:38:19 [shadi]
12:38:39 [carlos]
SAZ: reviewing the state of documents in the REC track
12:38:59 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:38:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "EARL 1.0 Last Call comments" taken up [from shadi]
12:39:22 [shadi]
12:39:52 [carlos]
SAZ: dedicated mailing list for EARL documents comments
12:40:25 [carlos]
SAZ: lots of comments from Sean
12:40:48 [carlos]
SAZ: some quite dense
12:40:56 [carlos]
SAZ: several relate to each other
12:41:17 [carlos]
SAZ: some look worse than they really are
12:41:56 [carlos]
SAZ: please have a look at them
12:42:24 [carlos]
SAZ: and use this opportunity to review also each other's work
12:42:45 [carlos]
SAZ: check you all are on the comments mailing list
12:42:55 [carlos]
SAZ: if not please subscribe yourself
12:43:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.858.151.aaaa
12:43:31 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Emanuelle
12:43:31 [Zakim]
+Emanuelle; got it
12:43:53 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:43:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "WAI evaluation and testing activities" taken up [from shadi]
12:44:24 [shadi]
12:45:02 [carlos]
SAZ: new page describing testing and evaluation activities along several groups
12:45:26 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
12:46:34 [carlos]
SAZ: there is founding for testing infrastructure
12:47:02 [carlos]
SAZ: HTML5 need testing stuff
12:47:38 [carlos]
SAZ: instead creating just new testing specific infrastructure for them
12:48:00 [carlos]
SAZ: new project to develope common testing infrastructure at W3C
12:48:28 [carlos]
SAZ: input from different WGs for that work
12:49:03 [carlos]
SAZ: will make sure that at least the system address WAI guidelines needs
12:49:16 [shadi]
12:49:31 [shadi]
12:49:42 [carlos]
SAZ: wiki home for the W3C testing effort
12:50:22 [carlos]
SAZ: now going from requirements to implementation
12:50:28 [shadi]
12:50:57 [carlos]
SAZ: current draft charter for activity
12:52:19 [carlos]
SAZ: some test will be automatic (e.g. for HTML5)
12:52:41 [carlos]
SAZ: other will need manual intervention (e.g. WCAG)
12:53:40 [carlos]
SAZ: work on TSDTF originated from BenToWeb project
12:54:14 [carlos]
SAZ: workflow for test review was developed
12:54:42 [carlos]
SAZ: didn't have resources and infrastructure to get the test development finalised
12:54:56 [carlosV]
zakim, unmute me
12:54:56 [Zakim]
CarlosV should no longer be muted
12:55:24 [carlos]
SAZ: the new infrastructures will be a good opportunity to revive that work
12:55:30 [carlosV]
zakim, mute me
12:55:30 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
12:56:14 [carlos]
SAZ: ATAG and UAAG will also create tests
12:56:23 [carlos]
SAZ: ATAG in a more mature stage
12:57:14 [carlos]
SAZ: WAI-ARIA currently in CR
12:57:27 [carlos]
SAZ: really active group
12:57:35 [carlos]
SAZ: will also work on tests
12:58:12 [carlos]
SAZ: Accessibility Support Database
12:58:24 [carlos]
SAZ: use the core test samples developed
12:59:03 [carlos]
SAZ: run them through different tools and user agents
12:59:27 [carlos]
SAZ: to look for their accessibility support
12:59:59 [carlos]
SAZ: how well assistive technology implement the sufficient techniques
13:00:20 [carlos]
SAZ: WCAG 2.0 evaluation methodologie
13:00:34 [carlos]
SAZ: WCAG 2.0 is a bit different
13:00:47 [carlos]
SAZ: not just about test samples
13:01:08 [carlos]
SAZ: it needs a whole methodologie for the testing process
13:01:38 [carlos]
SAZ: supporting evaluation resources
13:02:06 [carlos]
SAZ: also need more educational resources for testing and evaluation
13:02:54 [carlos]
SAZ: will be mainly through the EOWG
13:03:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:03:23 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force (Eval TF)" taken up [from shadi]
13:03:27 [carlosV]
13:03:33 [shadi]
13:04:32 [carlos]
SAZ: good opportunity to harmonize along Europe
13:04:52 [carlos]
SAZ: but W3C would also like to harmonize globally
13:05:57 [carlos]
SAZ: draft timeline to try to get it as quicker as possible
13:06:12 [carlos]
SAZ: new participants are welcome
13:06:52 [carlos]
SAZ: please have a look at the work statement to approve or comment it
13:07:19 [carlos]
SAZ: new subgroup to work on this particular issue
13:07:22 [carlosV]
13:08:28 [carlos]
SAZ: would probably be an intense WG due to the timeline and efforts
13:09:03 [carlos]
SAZ: will also have opportunities to comment on drafts if you can't participate
13:09:19 [carlosV]
zakim, unmute me
13:09:20 [Zakim]
CarlosV should no longer be muted
13:11:30 [carlos]
CV: many things happening on testing in different places
13:11:45 [carlos]
CV: how much communication?
13:13:01 [carlos]
SAZ: may expect also external participation or input from other testing communities
13:14:15 [carlos]
SAZ: don't think this work is the place for developing something like the test description language
13:14:38 [carlosV]
zakim, mute me
13:14:38 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
13:15:04 [carlos]
EGR: very excited with the new activity
13:16:06 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:16:08 [carlos]
SAZ: please have a deep look at it and will be back to you in a week or two
13:16:09 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Upcoming meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
13:16:28 [shadi]
13:17:10 [carlos]
SAZ: next meeting 1st June
13:17:29 [Zakim]
13:17:31 [Zakim]
13:17:32 [Zakim]
13:17:32 [Zakim]
13:17:41 [philip_]
philip_ has left #er
13:17:43 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:17:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:17:43 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, CarlosV, Philip, Carlos_Iglesias, +1.858.151.aaaa, Emanuelle
13:17:44 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:17:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
13:17:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:17:45 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items