IRC log of dap on 2011-05-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:55:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:55:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-irc
13:55:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:55:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:55:10 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:55:10 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
13:55:11 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:55:11 [trackbot]
Date: 25 May 2011
13:55:34 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
13:55:56 [fjh]
trackbot, start telecon
13:55:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:56:01 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:01 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:56:02 [trackbot]
Date: 25 May 2011
13:57:01 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:57:10 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:57:36 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0027.html
13:58:26 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
13:58:33 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:58:37 [fjh]
Regrets+ Suresh_Chitturi
13:58:39 [Zakim]
+??P11
13:58:58 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
13:59:08 [AnssiK]
zakim, +??P11 is me
13:59:08 [Zakim]
sorry, AnssiK, I do not recognize a party named '+??P11'
13:59:16 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P11 is me
13:59:16 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
13:59:23 [fjh]
Regrets+ John_Morris, Claes_Nilsson
13:59:47 [fjh]
Regrets+ Niklas_Widell
14:00:12 [SungOk_You]
Present+ sungok_You
14:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:00:50 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:00:52 [Zakim]
+AnssiK
14:00:52 [fjh]
zakim, ?? is me
14:00:52 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:00:55 [dom]
Zakim, code?
14:00:55 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
14:00:58 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:01:05 [Kangchan]
Present+ Kangchan_Lee
14:01:33 [fjh]
zakim, ?? is sungok_you
14:01:33 [Zakim]
+sungok_you; got it
14:01:40 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AnssiK, fjh, sungok_you
14:01:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AnssiK, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, SungOk_You, darobin, Kangchan, richt, lgombos, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, dom, trackbot
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+??P15
14:01:47 [dom]
Zakim, ??P15 is me
14:01:47 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+??P14
14:01:57 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P14 is me
14:01:57 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:01:58 [SungOk_You]
zkim, P13 is me.
14:02:02 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
14:02:12 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P13 is SungOk_You
14:02:12 [Zakim]
I already had ??P13 as sungok_you, darobin
14:02:40 [Zakim]
+richt
14:02:47 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
14:02:50 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:02:54 [Zakim]
-sungok_you
14:02:55 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:03:41 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:03:50 [Kangchan]
zakim, ??P13 is me
14:03:50 [Zakim]
+Kangchan; got it
14:04:15 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:04:22 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Dong-Young_Lee has joined #dap
14:04:39 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:04:42 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:04:48 [Wonsuk]
Wonsuk has joined #dap
14:05:01 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
14:05:07 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:05:16 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:05:24 [Zakim]
+Cathy_Chan
14:05:24 [SungOk_You]
Zakim, P12 is me.
14:05:25 [Zakim]
sorry, SungOk_You, I do not recognize a party named 'P12'
14:05:28 [fjh_]
Zakim, who is here?
14:05:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AnssiK, dom, darobin, richt, Kangchan, ??P17, ??P12, Frederick_Hirsch, Cathy_Chan
14:05:28 [Dong-Young_Lee]
Present+ Dong-Young_Lee
14:05:29 [Cathy]
Prseent+ Cathy_Chan
14:05:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh_, Cathy, Wonsuk, fjh, Dong-Young_Lee, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, SungOk_You, darobin, Kangchan, richt, lgombos, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, dom, trackbot
14:05:41 [Zakim]
+wonsuk
14:05:42 [Zakim]
-Cathy_Chan
14:05:47 [Dong-Young_Lee]
zakim, P12 is me
14:05:47 [Zakim]
sorry, Dong-Young_Lee, I do not recognize a party named 'P12'
14:06:01 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:06:11 [SungOk_You]
zakim, P17 is me
14:06:11 [Zakim]
sorry, SungOk_You, I do not recognize a party named 'P17'
14:06:22 [Zakim]
+Cathy_Chan
14:06:45 [Zakim]
-Cathy_Chan
14:06:49 [Wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
14:06:53 [Kangchan]
zakim, ??P17 is SungOk_You
14:06:53 [Zakim]
+SungOk_You; got it
14:06:58 [fjh_]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AnssiK, dom, darobin, richt, Kangchan, SungOk_You, ??P12, Frederick_Hirsch, wonsuk
14:07:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh_, fjh, Cathy, Wonsuk, Dong-Young_Lee, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, SungOk_You, darobin, Kangchan, richt, lgombos, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, dom, trackbot
14:07:10 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has joined #dap
14:07:34 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:07:36 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:07:36 [Dong-Young_Lee]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:07:36 [Zakim]
+Dong-Young_Lee; got it
14:07:43 [fjh_]
zakim, ??p7 is me
14:07:43 [Zakim]
+fjh_; got it
14:07:46 [darobin]
Zakim, mute dom
14:07:46 [Zakim]
dom should now be muted
14:08:29 [fjh_]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AnssiK, dom (muted), darobin, richt, Kangchan, SungOk_You, Dong-Young_Lee, wonsuk, fjh_
14:08:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bryan_sullivan, fjh_, fjh, Cathy, Wonsuk, Dong-Young_Lee, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, SungOk_You, darobin, Kangchan, richt, lgombos, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, dom,
14:08:33 [Zakim]
... trackbot
14:08:33 [Zakim]
+Cathy_Chan
14:09:08 [darobin]
Scribe: Rich
14:09:11 [darobin]
ScribeNick: richt
14:09:25 [richt]
Topic: F2F
14:09:26 [fjh_]
Topic: Administrative
14:09:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aaaa
14:09:28 [fjh_]
19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html
14:09:28 [fjh_]
Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/
14:09:30 [richt]
fjh: please register for the F2F
14:09:43 [bryan_sullivan]
present+ bryan_sullivan
14:09:51 [dom]
(we have 13 responses, but only 6 positive responses)
14:10:01 [fjh_]
TAG minimization draft, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0004.html
14:10:44 [fjh_]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:10:44 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/att-0010/minutes-2011-05-18.html
14:10:45 [fjh_]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 May 2011 are approved
14:10:54 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 May 2011 are approved
14:11:08 [fjh_]
Topic: Charter
14:11:21 [fjh_]
still under review, please solicit feedback and wg members
14:11:51 [fjh_]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
14:11:52 [fjh_]
Under AC Review, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0005.html (Dom)
14:11:52 [fjh_]
"W3C invites public comments through 2011-06-09 on the proposed charter. Please send comments to mailto:public-new-work@w3.org?Subject=Re%3A%20Agenda%20-%20Distributed%20Meeting%202011-05-25&In-Reply-To=%253CC86259FE-89A9-444F-807E-070311030D27%40nokia.com%253E&References=%253CC86259FE-89A9-444F-807E-070311030D27%40nokia.com%253E, which has a public archive:
14:11:52 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/ "
14:12:09 [richt]
Topic: Contacts
14:12:22 [fjh_]
CfC until 8 June, please review draft http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0011.html
14:12:22 [richt]
darobin: In the middle of CfC. Keep the feedback coming.
14:12:28 [fjh_]
additional parameters: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0023.html
14:12:28 [fjh_]
bug fixes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0024.html (Cathy)
14:12:29 [fjh_]
phoneNumbers MUST for URIs : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0026.html (Dom)
14:12:29 [fjh_]
Editorial action?
14:12:34 [richt]
darobin: anything specific on the feedback to discuss?
14:12:56 [dom]
(richt already did most of the edits)
14:13:23 [Cathy]
richt's latest edits addressed my comments
14:13:23 [Zakim]
+Laszlo_Gombos
14:13:41 [darobin]
rich: displayName vs name.formatted
14:13:56 [darobin]
... Geolocation's address format doesn't match ours, which is weird
14:14:25 [richt]
darobin: re: Geolocation Address. We should talk to the WG.
14:14:53 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to email Geolocation about alignment of address objects
14:14:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-399 - Email Geolocation about alignment of address objects [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-06-01].
14:14:55 [fjh_]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
14:15:27 [darobin]
rich: I'd like a proposal for this
14:15:46 [darobin]
... we have the status quo, and I can make changes based on a proposal
14:16:19 [dom]
Zakim, unmute me
14:16:19 [Zakim]
dom should no longer be muted
14:17:03 [richt]
dom: if we need both fields for compatibility to e.g. vCard then we should keep them. if not, then one field should go.
14:17:30 [Zakim]
-fjh_
14:17:46 [dom]
(PoCo has both displayName and name.Formatted ; so we should keep both)
14:17:49 [dom]
http://portablecontacts.net/draft-spec.html#name_element
14:18:04 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
14:18:50 [dom]
formatted: "The full name, including all middle names, titles, and suffixes as appropriate, formatted for display"
14:19:21 [dom]
displayName: "The name of this Contact, suitable for display to end-users. The value provided SHOULD be the primary textual label by which this Contact is normally displayed by the Service Provider when presenting it to end-users. "
14:19:58 [richt]
darobin: any other contact issues we need to discuss?
14:20:12 [richt]
dom, I can include that text in to the spec.
14:20:13 [darobin]
Robin: so we keep them, and make sure to reflect the initial meanings
14:20:28 [richt]
Topic: WebIDL changes
14:20:46 [richt]
darobin: we have a few specs that are impacted by this change to nullability.
14:21:02 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:21:18 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:21:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AnssiK, dom, darobin, richt, Kangchan, SungOk_You, Dong-Young_Lee, wonsuk, Cathy_Chan, +1.425.214.aaaa, Laszlo_Gombos, Frederick_Hirsch
14:21:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, bryan_sullivan, Cathy, Wonsuk, Dong-Young_Lee, AnssiK, Zakim, RRSAgent, SungOk_You, darobin, Kangchan, richt, lgombos, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, dom, trackbot
14:21:32 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:21:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:21:37 [richt]
darobin: we should go through the specs to make sure the WebIDL makes sense.
14:21:41 [richt]
Topic: Other APIs
14:22:01 [richt]
darobin: sent some feedback to the battery and messaging APIs
14:22:16 [richt]
anssi: thanks for the feedback. will start to include the feedback shortly.
14:22:38 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:22:47 [richt]
darobin: if you're going to make the changes then we're going to be able to republish fairly soon
14:22:53 [fjh__]
fjh__ has joined #dap
14:23:01 [richt]
anssi: I'll try to incorporate the feedback asap.
14:23:12 [fjh___]
fjh___ has joined #dap
14:23:22 [richt]
anssi: feedback from developers has been positive on this to date.
14:23:57 [richt]
darobin: On the Network Information API, I've committed some changes. Will ask for feedback soon.
14:24:11 [richt]
darobin: On Calendar API, nothing new since last week
14:24:15 [fjh___]
Dom added webidl item to checklist
14:24:20 [dom]
q+ re Media Capture API
14:24:58 [fjh]
Ack dom
14:24:58 [Zakim]
dom, you wanted to discuss Media Capture API
14:25:08 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to integrate robin's feedback on messaging
14:25:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-400 - Integrate robin's feedback on messaging [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-06-01].
14:25:16 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:25:40 [richt]
dom: we also have the Media Capture API that has not been updated in a long time.
14:25:47 [richt]
dom: how does it relate to the new WebRTC WG?
14:26:25 [richt]
darobin: specifically if it relates to getUserMedia then we should pass it over to WebRTC
14:26:37 [richt]
dom: let's discuss this with WebRTC tomorrow on the call.
14:27:25 [richt]
dom: Feature Permissions, not sure what the standing of the draft is.
14:27:26 [darobin]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/perms/FeaturePermissions.html
14:27:53 [richt]
lazlo: took ownership of the spec. not really ready for any sort of publication right now.
14:28:05 [richt]
dom: let's announce it to the public mailing list.
14:28:12 [fjh_]
s/lazlo/laszlo/
14:28:37 [richt]
laszlo: I'll send an email to the mailing list that this spec has been transferred to DAP
14:28:43 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG
14:28:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-401 - Suggest redirecting previous copy of features permissions to new one to Web Notif WG [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-06-01].
14:28:52 [fjh_]
Topic: testing
14:29:16 [richt]
darobin: Dom has started some work on testing around the Contacts API.
14:29:30 [darobin]
s/some work/some excellent work/
14:29:32 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0028.html
14:29:34 [richt]
dom: as part of this work we created a Mercurial repo for the tests.
14:29:43 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0037.html
14:29:52 [richt]
dom: so far, developed 8 tests. Updated to match the latest edits.
14:31:00 [richt]
dom: don't need a separate account to access Mercurial for group members. HTTP-based.
14:31:34 [richt]
darobin: perhaps we should start moving everything over to Mercurial
14:31:53 [richt]
darobin: might make sense to see if it
14:32:01 [bryan_sullivan]
+1
14:32:07 [richt]
darobin: ...is easier to use Mercurial than CVS
14:32:28 [dom]
(yes, redirect isn't a problem)
14:32:45 [fjh_]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:32:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/25-dap-minutes.html fjh_
14:33:00 [Zakim]
-Laszlo_Gombos
14:33:02 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:33:04 [Zakim]
-Cathy_Chan
14:33:06 [Zakim]
- +1.425.214.aaaa
14:33:07 [Wonsuk]
Wonsuk has left #dap
14:33:07 [richt]
darobin: that's it for now. meeting adjourned.
14:33:08 [Zakim]
-Dong-Young_Lee
14:33:08 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has left #dap
14:33:09 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:33:10 [Zakim]
-dom
14:33:10 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:33:13 [Zakim]
-Kangchan
14:33:14 [Zakim]
-SungOk_You
14:33:17 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
14:33:18 [Zakim]
-richt
14:33:18 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:33:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were AnssiK, fjh, sungok_you, dom, darobin, richt, Kangchan, Frederick_Hirsch, Cathy_Chan, wonsuk, Dong-Young_Lee, fjh_, +1.425.214.aaaa, Laszlo_Gombos
14:41:52 [fjh__]
fjh__ has joined #dap
14:43:39 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:44:43 [fjh__]
fjh__ has joined #dap
15:33:55 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:22:10 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:28:46 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
16:34:52 [dom]
Zakim, room for 6 tomorrow at 9am?
16:34:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, dom.
16:35:22 [dom]
Zakim, room for 6 tomorrow at 9:00?
16:35:25 [Zakim]
ok, dom; conference Team_(dap)13:00Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) tomorrow at 09:00 for 60 minutes until 1400Z
16:41:28 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
17:19:51 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
18:06:52 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
18:26:40 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
18:29:02 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
18:41:52 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
18:42:04 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
18:46:53 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
18:50:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
19:11:09 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
19:12:27 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
19:18:29 [ilkka]
ilkka has joined #dap
19:19:30 [ingmar]
ingmar has joined #dap
19:58:30 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
20:19:00 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
21:19:07 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
23:08:21 [homata_]
homata_ has joined #dap
23:09:41 [homata]
homata has joined #dap
23:19:46 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap