IRC log of dap on 2011-05-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:51:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:51:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-irc
13:51:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:51:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:51:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:51:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
13:51:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:51:07 [trackbot]
Date: 18 May 2011
13:51:42 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0007.html
13:52:43 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:52:48 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:53:38 [fjh]
Regrets+ Suresh_Chitturi
13:55:34 [fjh]
Regrets+ Anssi_Kostiainen, John_Morris, Dzung_Tran, Cecile_Marc,
13:55:35 [Wonsuk]
Wonsuk has joined #dap
13:55:59 [fjh]
Regrets+ Jerome_Giraud
13:56:45 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
13:57:00 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:57:07 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:57:11 [fjh]
zakim, i ??s me
13:57:11 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'i ??s me', fjh
13:57:20 [fjh]
zakim, ?? is me
13:57:20 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:57:32 [fjh]
s/zakim, i ??s me//
13:58:07 [dom]
Zakim, code?
13:58:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
14:00:53 [fjh]
Revised minutes for approval, link: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/att-0006/minutes-2011-05-11.html
14:00:57 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:01:17 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:01:48 [dom]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
14:01:48 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:02:00 [Kyungtak]
Kyungtak has joined #dap
14:02:00 [darobin]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:02:00 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
14:02:19 [Zakim]
+nwidell
14:03:00 [nwidell]
scribeNick: nwidell
14:03:13 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
14:04:01 [Kyungtak]
Present+ Kyung-Tak_Lee
14:04:56 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:05:08 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin, dom, nwidell
14:05:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, Kyungtak, darobin, nwidell, Wonsuk, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, richt, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:05:18 [Wonsuk]
Present+ Wonsuk_Lee
14:05:44 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.144.aaaa
14:05:53 [richt]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:05:53 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
14:06:32 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin, dom, nwidell, richt
14:06:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, Kyungtak, darobin, nwidell, Wonsuk, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, richt, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:06:40 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
14:07:40 [Kyungtak]
Kyungtak has joined #dap
14:08:03 [fjh]
19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html
14:08:04 [fjh]
Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/
14:08:04 [nwidell]
fjh: Remember to register for F2F
14:08:29 [fjh]
TAG minimization draft, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0004.html
14:08:41 [fjh]
feedback requested
14:09:10 [nwidell]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:09:13 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/att-0006/minutes-2011-05-11.html
14:09:29 [nwidell]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 11 May 2011 are approved
14:09:38 [nwidell]
Topic: Charter
14:09:46 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
14:09:46 [fjh]
Under AC Review, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0005.html
14:09:59 [nwidell]
fjh: Charter is under AC review, there don't seem to be much discussion though.
14:10:18 [Zakim]
+Cathy_Chan
14:10:42 [nwidell]
dom: It is good if WG participants ensure that their AC reps comment/vote on charter
14:10:42 [fjh]
group members please make sure AC reps complete survey and that participants join the group
14:11:10 [nwidell]
Topic: Contacts
14:11:28 [nwidell]
fjh: What is current status?
14:11:52 [nwidell]
richt: Not much progress lately, but can go to last call at any point.
14:12:09 [nwidell]
... implementation is more worrisome
14:12:24 [nwidell]
fjh: Is there additional editing necessary?
14:12:29 [dom]
issue-110?
14:12:29 [trackbot]
ISSUE-110 -- Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop -- open
14:12:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/110
14:12:53 [nwidell]
richt: Spec is publishable, not worried about time
14:13:22 [nwidell]
fjh: So we should go ahead and publish and handle comments as they come in?
14:13:50 [nwidell]
darobin: Isn't event loop issue partially resolved?
14:13:54 [dom]
"Reuse text from getUserMedia, it probably makes sense." http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/271
14:13:58 [darobin]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/#widl-Contacts-find-caller-void-DOMStringArray-fields-ContactFindCB-successCB-ContactErrorCB-errorCB-ContactFindOptions-options
14:14:12 [Cathy_]
Cathy_ has joined #dap
14:14:34 [dom]
so, I guess we should close ISSUE-110 and go to LC
14:15:12 [dom]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.87;r2=1.88;f=h
14:15:25 [dom]
ISSUE-110: implemented in http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.87;r2=1.88;f=h
14:15:25 [trackbot]
ISSUE-110 Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop notes added
14:15:40 [nwidell]
darobin: The part that remains that is not LC ready is the search part of the spec
14:15:47 [dom]
close ISSUE-110
14:15:47 [trackbot]
ISSUE-110 Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop closed
14:16:13 [nwidell]
richt: Yes, search is outstanding. Time frame?
14:17:01 [nwidell]
dom: LC is good, will give more incentive for implementers
14:17:58 [nwidell]
richt: Using existing snapshots of draft can go to LC soon
14:18:02 [dom]
-1 on intermediary draft; but I'd like the search stuff to be fixed before going to LC
14:18:25 [dom]
I can take a stab at fixing search if that's what it takes to start a cfc to LC
14:18:58 [nwidell]
richt: things on ToDo list: Microdata, Searching, Event Loop
14:19:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:19:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, darobin, dom, nwidell, richt, Cathy_Chan
14:19:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy_, Kyungtak, Cathy, darobin, nwidell, Wonsuk, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, richt, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, lgombos, dom, trackbot
14:19:46 [dom]
I think Microdata isn't a blocker for LC; I think Event Loop is solved enough for my taste for LC; so I would think only search is standing on the way to LC
14:20:14 [Kangchan]
Kangchan has joined #dap
14:20:44 [dom]
I can take an action to fix Search, but I would rather avoid a one-week delay before starting CfC
14:21:04 [darobin]
"Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try"
14:21:05 [richt]
that would be welcome dom.
14:21:14 [darobin]
+1
14:21:49 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to fix Search in Contacts and ping chairs to start Contacts LC CfC
14:21:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-394 - Fix Search in Contacts and ping chairs to start Contacts LC CfC [on Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux - due 2011-05-25].
14:22:27 [nwidell]
richt: Search is only big block,
14:23:31 [dom]
+1
14:23:31 [nwidell]
darobin: possible to wrap search up tomorrow and issue 13 day CfC?
14:23:51 [darobin]
proposed RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before tomorrow, and we have a CfC ending on the call after next
14:24:24 [fjh]
CfC ends by 8 June
14:24:53 [darobin]
proposed RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before 19 May and we have a CfC ending on 08 June
14:25:01 [fjh]
gives at least a month for review before F2F
14:25:08 [richt]
sounds good.
14:25:15 [nwidell]
RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before 19 May and we have a CfC ending on 08 June
14:25:34 [nwidell]
Topic: Other APIs
14:25:58 [nwidell]
fjh: Feature Permissions, not much progress yet
14:26:45 [nwidell]
darobin: SysInfo, not sure what to do about it, not much momentum at the moment, should
14:26:57 [nwidell]
... perhaps to extract to simpler specs
14:27:23 [nwidell]
darobin: Battery, updates would nice, but should be able to make LC fairly soon
14:27:28 [dom]
(I think we should do a bit more than report "no progres", but try to get input from editors as to why there is no progress)
14:28:29 [nwidell]
fjh: Good to have Battery in better state before new charter
14:29:08 [darobin]
ACTION-377?
14:29:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-377 -- Robin Berjon to bring a Capabilities Container proposal to the WG -- due 2011-04-06 -- OPEN
14:29:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/377
14:29:46 [nwidell]
dom: More editorial assistance needed for feature permissions spec?
14:31:42 [nwidell]
darobin: Battery seems pretty mature spec-wise, small things outstanding. Please do close review of spec
14:31:51 [nwidell]
... so we can go to LC.
14:34:07 [nwidell]
richt: battery, no need to make distinction between charging/battery. level sufficient.
14:35:05 [nwidell]
darobin: don't agree, charging or not is important. Time Remaining is more unreliable, not neccessarily available
14:36:28 [nwidell]
... Which distinctions do we need to make (limited/unlimited energy left?)
14:36:50 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to do a thorough review of Battery and send to list
14:36:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-395 - Do a thorough review of Battery and send to list [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
14:37:06 [nwidell]
darobin: Network, still stuck
14:37:23 [nwidell]
darobin: Calender, what next?
14:38:06 [nwidell]
richt: Would be happy to have somebody else to handle more editorial work on Calendar
14:38:35 [darobin]
ACTION: Rich to email the group looking for editors for Calendar
14:38:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Rich
14:39:00 [fjh]
ACTION: Richt to email the group looking for editors for Calendar
14:39:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-396 - Email the group looking for editors for Calendar [on Richard Tibbett - due 2011-05-25].
14:39:09 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:39:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:39:16 [nwidell]
darobin: Capture, dom had outstanding actions to reply to HTML WG.
14:39:51 [fjh]
s/group members please make sure AC reps complete survey and that participants join the group//
14:40:01 [nwidell]
dom: Replied to HTML WG, feedback from Hixie was that existing implementation uses MIME type parameter
14:40:13 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0151.html Hixie's response on HTML Media Capture
14:40:14 [nwidell]
... also should be part of HTML instead
14:40:39 [nwidell]
darobin: Too late to get it into HTML5 spec
14:41:19 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to coordinate with HTML WG chairs about Capture, include the HCG
14:41:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-397 - Coordinate with HTML WG chairs about Capture, include the HCG [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
14:41:30 [nwidell]
dom: DAP Chair to coordinate with HTML Chairs
14:41:57 [nwidell]
darobin: Messaging, some updates have been made to spec
14:42:49 [nwidell]
dom: Feature-wise spec is ready, new API shape had some negative feedback - so which way forward.
14:43:25 [nwidell]
... would be very good with some implementation, but don't seem to be much activity at the moment.
14:44:29 [nwidell]
darobin: Not very high priority, but would be good to review spec, fix minor things (callbacks, errors)
14:44:54 [nwidell]
... we can take it slowly
14:44:57 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to review Messaging and send feedback to the list
14:44:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-398 - Review Messaging and send feedback to the list [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
14:45:32 [nwidell]
Topic: Privacy Requirements
14:45:36 [nwidell]
fjh: nothing to report
14:46:01 [Zakim]
-dom
14:46:06 [Zakim]
-richt
14:46:08 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:46:10 [Zakim]
-Cathy_Chan
14:46:16 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:46:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:48:06 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:48:22 [Kangchan]
Kangchan has left #dap
14:49:34 [Zakim]
-nwidell
14:49:36 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:49:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were fjh, dom, darobin, nwidell, +44.208.144.aaaa, richt, Cathy_Chan
15:23:47 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
16:48:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
17:22:09 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap