IRC log of sparql on 2011-05-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:54:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:54:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/17-sparql-irc
13:54:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:54:29 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:54:29 [Zakim]
ok, AxelPolleres; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:54:45 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
13:55:12 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Lee Feigenbaum
13:55:20 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:55:28 [Zakim]
+ +44.189.583.aaaa
13:56:06 [NickH]
Zakim, +44.189.583.aaaa is me
13:56:06 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
13:57:38 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
13:57:52 [SteveH_]
SteveH_ has joined #sparql
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:59:41 [AndyS]
zakim, IPCaller is me
13:59:41 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
13:59:57 [Zakim]
+OlivierCorby
14:00:04 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:00:27 [AxelPolleres]
olivier, can you scribe?
14:00:45 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres
14:00:48 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:00:56 [Zakim]
+kasei
14:01:11 [SteveH]
Zakim, what's the code?
14:01:11 [Zakim]
the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), SteveH
14:01:28 [kasei]
a *lot* of static
14:01:35 [kasei]
Zakim, who is talking?
14:01:43 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.439.aabb
14:01:48 [Zakim]
kasei, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: AndyS (92%), AxelPolleres (20%)
14:01:50 [SteveH]
Zakim, aabb is me
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:02:05 [AndyS]
I'm muted.
14:02:11 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:02:14 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:15 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, mute AndyS
14:02:15 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:02:17 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P20 is me
14:02:17 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:02:24 [pgearon]
yup, that was the problem
14:02:42 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:03:10 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:03:14 [AxelPolleres]
topic: admin
14:03:23 [chimezie]
Zakim, passcode?
14:03:23 [Zakim]
the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), chimezie
14:03:26 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:03:33 [NickH]
Zakim, mute me
14:03:33 [Zakim]
NickH should now be muted
14:03:48 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:03:48 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-10
14:03:48 [Olivier_]
5 documents are in LC
14:03:55 [Zakim]
+chimezie
14:03:56 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P10 is me
14:03:56 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:03:58 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:03:58 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:04:05 [Zakim]
+alexpassant
14:04:17 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, mute AndyS
14:04:17 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:04:18 [AndyS]
what do you hear?
14:04:18 [alepas_]
Zakim: +alexpassant is me
14:04:27 [alepas_]
Zakim, +alexpassant is me
14:04:27 [Zakim]
sorry, alepas_, I do not recognize a party named '+alexpassant'
14:04:34 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:04:43 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P24 is me
14:04:43 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:04:45 [alepas_]
Zakim, alexapassant is me
14:04:45 [Zakim]
sorry, alepas_, I do not recognize a party named 'alexapassant'
14:04:47 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:04:47 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:04:49 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:05:07 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-10
14:06:18 [Olivier_]
Publicity about LC
14:06:41 [AxelPolleres]
announced on RDF mailinglist, usual W3C blog.
14:07:25 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to announce LC docs on semantic-web and public-lod lists.
14:07:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-461 - Announce LC docs on semantic-web and public-lod lists. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:07:44 [SteveH]
is there a URL for the announcement
14:07:45 [SteveH]
?
14:08:00 [SteveH]
a public one
14:08:12 [Olivier_]
http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2011/05/13/publication_of_the_sparql_1_1_last_call_
14:08:20 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-9095
14:08:49 [AxelPolleres]
topic: to last call
14:09:00 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:09:10 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:09:15 [AndyS]
zakim, P10 is me
14:09:15 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P10'
14:09:21 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P10 is me
14:09:21 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:09:41 [AndyS]
zakim, mute me
14:09:41 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:10:19 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Remove Section http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service#mediaType from Federated Query document.
14:11:10 [Olivier_]
not needing a media type for fed query
14:11:32 [kasei]
+1
14:11:36 [cbuilara]
+1
14:11:47 [NickH]
0
14:11:57 [NickH]
lacking information
14:11:57 [SteveH]
+1
14:12:12 [bglimm]
0 (lack of information)
14:12:28 [AndyS]
No media type needed
14:12:42 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Remove Section http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service#mediaType from Federated Query document, with 2 abstentions, no objections.
14:13:46 [Olivier_]
Fed query considered ready
14:13:54 [Olivier_]
add information about bindings
14:15:06 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Carlos to draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC
14:15:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-462 - Draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-05-24].
14:15:51 [Olivier_]
I can do it
14:16:26 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Olivier to have last look concerning LC readiness of Fed query document.
14:16:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-463 - Have last look concerning LC readiness of Fed query document. [on Olivier Corby - due 2011-05-24].
14:17:25 [AxelPolleres]
tentatively, let's vote for Fed query LC pub next week.
14:17:43 [Olivier_]
topic JSon
14:17:48 [AndyS]
zakim, unmute me
14:17:48 [Zakim]
AndyS should no longer be muted
14:17:52 [AxelPolleres]
subtopic: json result format
14:18:04 [Olivier_]
it is ready to go
14:19:12 [AxelPolleres]
discussion about extensibility by allowing additional top-level keys
14:19:49 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:20:06 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:20:16 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:20:16 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:20:22 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:20:22 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:20:27 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: steve to approve changes regarding extensibility of json results format by allowing additional top-level keys
14:20:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-464 - Approve changes regarding extensibility of json results format by allowing additional top-level keys [on Steve Harris - due 2011-05-24].
14:21:06 [AndyS]
q+
14:22:00 [Olivier_]
Comment about ask format
14:22:24 [Olivier_]
we do not want to change it ?
14:22:33 [pgearon]
+q
14:22:34 [kasei]
I strongly prefer keeping it the way it is.
14:22:43 [AxelPolleres]
ack AndyS
14:23:03 [bglimm]
Could we not at least allow both? true and "true"^^xsd:boolean?
14:24:15 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:24:15 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:24:19 [Olivier_]
it is concise but not uniform
14:25:48 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:25:48 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:26:09 [AndyS]
Note is also differs from XML results.
14:26:24 [AxelPolleres]
anybody objecting against leaving boolean results as they are?
14:27:53 [AndyS]
Test: >Other keys, with different names, may be present in the JSON Results Object
14:27:53 [AndyS]
but are not defined by this specification.
14:28:21 [AndyS]
zakim, mute me
14:28:21 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:28:33 [AndyS]
Shall we come back to this in 10mins or so?
14:28:40 [AxelPolleres]
ok
14:29:10 [Olivier_]
Overview document
14:29:24 [AxelPolleres]
Overview hopefully ready in at least two weeks.
14:30:05 [AxelPolleres]
topic: comments
14:30:07 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:30:10 [AndyS]
see http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results.xml , end of sec 2.
14:30:57 [chimezie]
I need a reference to the decision we made regarding not supporting adding/deleting datasets (per Leigh Dodds comment)
14:31:15 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:31:15 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:32:20 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0013.html
14:32:56 [chimezie]
I
14:32:57 [chimezie]
think it would be useful to be able to:
14:32:57 [chimezie]
* Add/Remove Datasets
14:34:13 [AndyS]
What about normal PUT of n-quads? Outside our scope because it's plain REST.
14:35:32 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:35:39 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the call?
14:35:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see NickH (muted), OlivierCorby, pgearon, AxelPolleres, kasei, SteveH, cbuilara, chimezie, alexpassant, AndyS (muted)
14:35:49 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:35:58 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:35:58 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:36:02 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:36:02 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:36:09 [AndyS]
Just don't say anything if it's not covered by the spec. Examples and illustration simple beg the question
14:36:20 [SteveH]
it's a pretty obvious extension
14:36:27 [SteveH]
when there is an official format
14:36:50 [SteveH]
i.e. people will just implement it
14:37:00 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:37:00 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:37:02 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:JBolleman-1
14:37:28 [AxelPolleres]
ORDER BY *
14:38:18 [Olivier_]
back to json
14:38:22 [AndyS]
zakim, unmute me
14:38:22 [Zakim]
AndyS should no longer be muted
14:38:27 [AxelPolleres]
topic: json res
14:39:07 [AxelPolleres]
"Other keys, with different names, may be present in the JSON Results Object
14:39:08 [AxelPolleres]
but are not defined by this specification."
14:39:27 [AxelPolleres]
Steve?
14:41:48 [AndyS]
I am at SemTech from 4/June
14:43:22 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: publish SPARQL1.1 JSon Result Format as Last call working draft, exact publication date to be decided comments period until July 29
14:44:07 [Olivier_]
regrets
14:44:30 [AndyS]
zakim, please mute me
14:44:30 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:44:38 [AxelPolleres]
Axel, regrets as well. but ok for publishing from my side.
14:45:00 [AxelPolleres]
Olivier ok for publishing JSon result format as well.
14:45:57 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to make sure that publishing fed query and Json res format are on on next week's agenda and suggest pub date.
14:45:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-465 - Make sure that publishing fed query and Json res format are on on next week's agenda and suggest pub date. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:46:30 [AndyS]
zakim, unmute me
14:46:30 [Zakim]
AndyS should no longer be muted
14:46:32 [AndyS]
q+
14:47:15 [pgearon]
q-
14:47:18 [AndyS]
ack me
14:47:19 [pgearon]
yes, comment addressed
14:48:42 [AxelPolleres]
Overview, hopefully done within 2 weeks as well, can't guarantee until next week.
14:48:51 [AndyS]
zakim, mute me
14:48:52 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:49:20 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:50:21 [AndyS]
Not significant : mf:name always ""
14:50:35 [Olivier_]
bindings test case OK for me
14:51:01 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: approve test cases :b1 - :b8 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:51:14 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:51:26 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:51:32 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:51:38 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:51:38 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:51:42 [AndyS]
Who has executed them? We usually ask for two.
14:51:46 [AndyS]
zakim, unmute me
14:51:46 [Zakim]
AndyS should no longer be muted
14:51:48 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:51:48 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:51:52 [Olivier_]
I did
14:51:55 [kasei]
I pass them.
14:52:45 [bglimm]
I think I ran them too, at least the ones that can be done under OWL Direct Semantics
14:52:57 [kasei]
yes
14:53:16 [bglimm]
I use ARQ tough for parsing and algebra operations
14:53:27 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: approve test cases :b1 - :b8 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:53:28 [pgearon_]
pgearon_ has joined #sparql
14:53:31 [AndyS]
zakim, mute me
14:53:31 [Zakim]
AndyS should now be muted
14:54:02 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: carlos to change approval status for bindings test cases as per resolution.
14:54:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-466 - Change approval status for bindings test cases as per resolution. [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-05-24].
14:54:28 [AxelPolleres]
topic: actions
14:54:29 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open
14:55:03 [pgearon_]
pgearon_ has joined #sparql
14:55:24 [AndyS]
Protocol has open issues - need to close for LC => timescale if we link all pubs together
14:56:24 [AxelPolleres]
short name for JSon re approved? http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386
14:57:00 [AndyS]
? Maybe not link publication dates.
14:57:21 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to check back with sandro on Json res short name http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386
14:57:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-467 - Check back with sandro on Json res short name http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386 [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:57:51 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to check with Lee on schedule for second batch of docs (protocol, overview, particularly)
14:57:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-468 - Check with Lee on schedule for second batch of docs (protocol, overview, particularly) [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:58:25 [bglimm]
bye
14:58:25 [Zakim]
-SteveH
14:58:26 [AxelPolleres]
adjourned.
14:58:27 [Zakim]
-chimezie
14:58:29 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:58:30 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:58:30 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
14:58:31 [Zakim]
-OlivierCorby
14:58:35 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:58:37 [Zakim]
-alexpassant
14:58:39 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
14:58:40 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:11:33 [Zakim]
-NickH
15:11:34 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:11:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were NickH, AndyS, OlivierCorby, pgearon, AxelPolleres, kasei, +44.208.439.aabb, SteveH, cbuilara, chimezie, alexpassant, bglimm
15:26:00 [pgearon__]
pgearon__ has joined #sparql
16:12:33 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
17:15:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
17:36:52 [iv_an_ru_]
iv_an_ru_ has joined #sparql
18:48:06 [alex]
alex has joined #sparql
18:48:14 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
18:48:26 [LeeF]
kasei, are you around?
19:07:12 [kasei]
heya LeeF
19:08:30 [LeeF]
hey kasei... do you know what SPARQL says about unbound variables and group keys? are solutions in which the group key is unbound discarded, or does "unbound" become a group, the way it does in SQL (or at least in Oracle SQL, which I just tested)?
19:08:58 [kasei]
i think it becomes a group, but would have to check to be totally sure.
19:09:11 [LeeF]
thanks... checking my impl now to see what the heck it does :)
19:09:28 [kasei]
yeah, exactly. i'm sure I've implemented it properly, but I don't remember what I implemented :)
19:09:34 [LeeF]
lol
19:10:29 [kasei]
and I'm spending most of my time these days away from my perl implementation on a system that doesn't have that sort of stuff implemented.
19:10:46 [kasei]
so would have to refresh memory by going digging in the code...
19:10:50 [LeeF]
no worries
19:17:58 [LeeF]
Glitter seems to handle unbound keys ok
19:18:06 [LeeF]
though i wrote that before the spec existed, so no idea what the spec says, still :)
19:38:01 [kasei]
does the test suite cover this?