IRC log of au on 2011-05-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:42:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:42:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/09-au-irc
19:43:03 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:43:03 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 43 minutes ago
19:43:08 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:43:21 [Jan]
Chair: Jan Richards
19:43:28 [Jan]
Regrets: Jutta T., Sarah P.
19:45:24 [Jan]
zakim, code?
19:45:24 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), Jan
19:45:33 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
19:45:40 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
19:45:43 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
19:45:57 [Zakim]
+??P1
19:47:07 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0040.html
19:47:16 [Jan]
zakim, ??P1 is really Jan
19:47:16 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
19:54:37 [Jan]
Regrets: Jutta T., Sarah P., Alessandro M.
20:00:23 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:00:53 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
20:00:53 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:02:01 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Cherie
20:02:01 [Zakim]
+Cherie; got it
20:06:54 [Jan]
scribe: jeanne
20:07:18 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Disseminating the public drafts
20:07:45 [jeanne]
JR: I encourage people to keep disseminating public drafts in their organizaitons.
20:07:49 [Jan]
JR: Just a reminder to disseminate the public WDs.
20:07:55 [Jan]
Topic: 2. The survey for reviewing the AA comments:
20:08:06 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110503/results
20:08:20 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.1 - MS39
20:11:40 [jeanne]
JR: We wanted efficiency of keyboard navigation
20:12:00 [jeanne]
AL: we either need to make it more precise or more vague.
20:12:36 [jeanne]
... we narrowed it down to keyboard navigation - more shortcuts are used to execute something, not navigation.
20:12:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.678.aaaa
20:13:17 [jeanne]
... it is not usually used for jumping to navigation. The SC is framed in such way that the SC is only about navigation instead of execution.
20:13:54 [jeanne]
JR: It includes execution as well as navigation. But at what point do we draw the line?
20:14:19 [Jan]
Action: Consider how to set a minimum criteria for A.3.1
20:14:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Consider
20:14:26 [Jan]
Action: JR Consider how to set a minimum criteria for A.3.1
20:14:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-328 - Consider how to set a minimum criteria for A.3.1 [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:14:33 [jeanne]
The authoring tool user interface includes mechanisms to make keyboard access more efficient than sequential keyboard use.
20:14:44 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.1 - MS40
20:14:53 [jeanne]
The previous proposal was from Jeanne
20:15:08 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:15:42 [jeanne]
JR: Emphasis is for keyboard access and execution, not just keyboard navigation.
20:15:49 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110503/results
20:17:22 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.1 - IBM24
20:17:57 [jeanne]
JS: Reusing the same answer doesn't work, because of the mobile use case.
20:18:24 [jeanne]
JR: We need to spend more time saying what this would look like in a mobile device'
20:18:34 [Jan]
Action: JR to update answer to IBM24 to better address mobile
20:18:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-329 - Update answer to IBM24 to better address mobile [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:18:53 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.5 - WCAGWG24
20:19:27 [Jan]
Resolution: Accept wording for A.3.5 - WCAGWG24
20:19:46 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.5 - MS41
20:20:55 [jeanne]
AL: This is for web content, therefore it is a UAAG requirement.
20:23:26 [jeanne]
JS: Since this is for the editing view, it needs to be built into the software.
20:24:16 [jeanne]
AL: The problem with ATAG is saying where does the authoring function stop? This goes too far into other areas that are not authoring.
20:25:47 [jeanne]
[JR gives examples of javascript search vs. using the browser search function.]
20:27:50 [jeanne]
AL: if the tool is web based, the browser covers it. If it is desktop output, and it uses their own emulator, then the emulator provides this search. If the tool provides its own rendering engine, then say that. This doesn't say editing view search.
20:29:50 [jeanne]
JR: propose - "web content being edited". That is a defined term which is clear about that.
20:31:17 [jeanne]
AL: When it is a web based authoring tool, then the browser function would be used.
20:31:39 [jeanne]
JR: It's more like it uses the built-in structure of the browser.
20:32:00 [Jan]
Action: JRin A.3.5.1, use "web content being edited" to be more clear that this refers to editing views
20:32:00 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - JRin
20:32:05 [Jan]
Action: JR in A.3.5.1, use "web content being edited" to be more clear that this refers to editing views
20:32:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-330 - In A.3.5.1, use "web content being edited" to be more clear that this refers to editing views [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:34:13 [jeanne]
CE: There is text from UAAG.
20:34:37 [Jan]
JR: What about focus is moved to the match?
20:34:41 [jeanne]
JR: I am wary of using "viewport". After years of discussion UAWG still discusses it. What about focus is moved to the match.
20:35:01 [jeanne]
AL: viewport is used in WCAG.
20:35:33 [jeanne]
CE: The match is made visible and the focus is moved to that match
20:35:33 [Jan]
Cherie: But might not be visible
20:35:52 [Jan]
Cherie: Focus is moved and the match is made visible to the author
20:36:04 [jeanne]
+1
20:36:22 [Jan]
Action: JR work in "Focus is moved and the match is made visible to the author" to A.3.5.1
20:36:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-331 - Work in "Focus is moved and the match is made visible to the author" to A.3.5.1 [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:37:48 [Jan]
Action: JR to update the response for OC7 to take into acount Alex's comment
20:37:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-332 - Update the response for OC7 to take into acount Alex's comment [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:38:18 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.5 - IBM30
20:39:11 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept JR's change to IBM30
20:39:18 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.5 - IBM31
20:39:47 [Jan]
Alex: This is taken care of by change above
20:40:01 [Jan]
Topic: A.3.6 - UAAG5
20:40:16 [Jan]
Resolution: Update numbewring.
20:40:36 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:42:16 [jeanne]
Topic: A.3.6 - MS42
20:42:45 [jeanne]
Add "If the authoring tool has its own display and control settings, then the authoring tools...
20:43:27 [jeanne]
action: JR to update A.3.6 to add the condition "If the authoring tool has its own display and control settings, then the authoring tools...
20:43:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-333 - Update A.3.6 to add the condition "If the authoring tool has its own display and control settings, then the authoring tools... [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:44:09 [jeanne]
Topic: A.3.6 - MS44
20:45:19 [jeanne]
The authoring tool applies platform display settings and control settings.
20:46:16 [jeanne]
AL: it's a little clunky. It means, when you change the screen resolution and contrast in the OS, then the app changes appropriately.
20:47:22 [jeanne]
CE: Respecting changes in display and control settings of the underlying platform chosen by the user.
20:47:36 [jeanne]
Greg: Defer to the user settings
20:48:26 [jeanne]
CR: The authoring tools respects platform display settings and control settings chosen by the user.
20:48:42 [jeanne]
s/CR:/CE:
20:49:19 [jeanne]
AL: I don't have a better suggestion - I still think "respect" is unclear.
20:49:36 [Zakim]
- +1.703.678.aaaa
20:50:05 [jeanne]
CE: Since respect is defined, it will be ok.
20:50:25 [jeanne]
AL: Respecting changes in platform display and control settings chosen by the user.
20:50:56 [jeanne]
The authoring tool respects changes in platform display and control settings chosen by the user.
20:51:42 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:52:43 [jeanne]
action: JR to update A.3.6.3 to read " The authoring tool respects changes in platform display and control settings chosen by the user."
20:52:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-334 - Update A.3.6.3 to read " The authoring tool respects changes in platform display and control settings chosen by the user." [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:53:21 [jeanne]
topic: A.3.6 - IBM32
20:53:41 [jeanne]
AL: My comment is already addressed.
20:54:54 [jeanne]
action: JR to fix typo in A.4.1 - GL17 udo -> undo
20:54:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-335 - Fix typo in A.4.1 - GL17 udo -> undo [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-16].
20:55:41 [jeanne]
Topic: A.4.1 - GL36
20:56:38 [jeanne]
CE: Does anyone have the wording?
20:56:41 [jeanne]
"Authors can sequentially reverse a series of reversible authoring actions. "
20:57:08 [jeanne]
No objections.
20:58:39 [Zakim]
-Alex
20:58:40 [Zakim]
-Cherie
20:58:45 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:58:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/09-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:58:53 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
20:58:54 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
20:58:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jeanne, Jan, Alex, Cherie, +1.703.678.aaaa, Tim_Boland
20:59:12 [jeanne]
zakim, aaaa is really Greg
20:59:12 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
21:00:39 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
21:01:54 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:01:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/05/09-au-minutes.html jeanne