IRC log of ua on 2011-04-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
15:57:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc
15:57:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:57:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
15:57:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
15:57:32 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:57:33 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
15:57:33 [trackbot]
Date: 28 April 2011
15:59:06 [jeanne]
zakim, room for 6 now?
15:59:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeanne.
15:59:20 [jeanne]
zakim, is there room for 6 people?
15:59:22 [Zakim]
ok, jeanne; conference Team_(ua)15:59Z scheduled with code 82942 (uawg2) for 60 minutes until 1659Z; however, please note that capacity is now overbooked
15:59:49 [JAllan]
JAllan has joined #ua
16:01:21 [jeanne]
temporary zakim code 82942
16:01:22 [Jan]
Jan has joined #ua
16:01:32 [jeanne]
temporary zakim code 82942
16:01:39 [Jan]
thx
16:01:56 [Zakim]
Team_(ua)15:59Z has now started
16:02:03 [Zakim]
+JAllan
16:02:22 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+??P38
16:02:31 [jeanne]
zakim, this will be WAI_UA
16:02:31 [Zakim]
ok, jeanne; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 58 minutes
16:02:33 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
16:02:35 [Jan]
zakim, ??P38 is really Jan
16:03:13 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
16:03:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
16:03:50 [jeanne]
kelly, new code temporary zakim code 82942
16:04:20 [kford]
zakim, code?
16:04:20 [Zakim]
sorry, kford, I don't know what conference this is
16:04:23 [sharper]
sharper has joined #ua
16:05:19 [sharper]
zakim, code?
16:05:19 [Zakim]
sorry, sharper, I don't know what conference this is
16:05:34 [Jan]
new code temporary zakim code 82942
16:06:14 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:06:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html jeanne
16:06:37 [jeanne]
chair: Jim Allan
16:08:08 [JAllan]
Agenda+ Review proposed changes to Focus & Keyboard
16:08:10 [JAllan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Guideline_2.7
16:08:24 [JAllan]
Agenda+ EIR creation for GL 2.8 [tool bars]
16:08:26 [JAllan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110406/#gl-configure-controls
16:08:36 [JAllan]
Agenda+ EIR for GL 2.9 Provide control of content that may reduce
16:08:38 [JAllan]
accessibility [mostly media]
16:08:39 [JAllan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110406/#gl-control-inaccessible-content
16:08:41 [kford]
zakim, microsoft is kford
16:08:41 [Zakim]
sorry, kford, I do not recognize a party named 'microsoft'
16:08:50 [JAllan]
Agenda+ EIR GL 1.9 (2-11) Provide an effective focus
16:08:52 [JAllan]
mechanism.http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110406/#gl-focus-mechanism
16:09:02 [JAllan]
Agenda+ EIR SC 1.11.2 Extended Link Information:: The following
16:09:04 [JAllan]
information is provided for each link (Level AAA)
16:09:05 [JAllan]
:http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110406/#gl-info-link
16:10:07 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
16:11:03 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-UAAG20-20110428/MasterUAAG20110426.html
16:11:30 [JAllan]
above is new editors draft
16:12:35 [KimPatch]
having trouble calling in. I'm getting a conference is restricted message.
16:13:02 [JAllan]
kim use temporary zakim code 82942
16:14:27 [KimPatch]
with 82942 I get a conference is full message
16:14:41 [jeanne]
zakim, room for 2 more ports?
16:14:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeanne.
16:15:00 [jeanne]
zakim, is there room for 8 people now?
16:15:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeanne.
16:15:08 [jeanne]
zakim, is there room for 8 people?
16:15:11 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne; could not schedule an adhoc conference; passcode overlap; if you do not have a fixed code you may try again
16:15:28 [jeanne]
zakim, can I add 2 more ports to this conference?
16:15:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, jeanne.
16:15:46 [JAllan]
kim do you have a skype name
16:16:50 [KimPatch]
yes, kimpatch
16:17:01 [JAllan]
jan will skype you in
16:17:37 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
16:17:37 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
16:17:39 [Zakim]
1. Review proposed changes to Focus & Keyboard [from JAllan]
16:17:41 [Zakim]
2. EIR creation for GL 2.8 [from tool bars via JAllan]
16:17:42 [Zakim]
3. EIR for GL 2.9 Provide control of content that may reduce [from JAllan]
16:17:44 [Zakim]
4. EIR GL 1.9 (2-11) Provide an effective focus [from JAllan]
16:17:46 [Zakim]
5. EIR SC 1.11.2 Extended Link Information:: The following [from JAllan]
16:18:50 [Jan]
kim I have sent a skype contact request to you
16:18:51 [kford]
Scribe: KFord
16:19:07 [kford]
JA goes over what's left to do.
16:19:18 [kford]
JA: I propose we start with the smaller items.
16:19:56 [kford]
zakim, take up item 2
16:19:56 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "EIR creation for GL 2.8" taken up [from tool bars via JAllan]
16:20:11 [jeanne]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-UAAG20-20110428/MasterUAAG20110426.html
16:20:35 [JAllan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110428/#gl-configure-controls
16:24:36 [Jan]
zakim, Jan has Kim
16:24:36 [Zakim]
sorry, Jan, I do not recognize a party named 'Jan'
16:24:47 [JAllan]
wiki http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Keyboard,_Focus,_and_Navigation_Restructuring
16:24:50 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
16:24:50 [Zakim]
has not yet started, jeanne
16:24:51 [Jan]
Kim has joined but is having mic issues
16:24:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see KimPatch, sharper, Zakim, kford, Greg, Jan, JAllan, RRSAgent, jeanne, trackbot
16:25:41 [kford]
zakim, agenda?
16:25:42 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
16:25:44 [Zakim]
1. Review proposed changes to Focus & Keyboard [from JAllan]
16:25:46 [Zakim]
2. EIR creation for GL 2.8 [from tool bars via JAllan]
16:25:47 [Zakim]
3. EIR for GL 2.9 Provide control of content that may reduce [from JAllan]
16:25:51 [Zakim]
4. EIR GL 1.9 (2-11) Provide an effective focus [from JAllan]
16:25:53 [Zakim]
5. EIR SC 1.11.2 Extended Link Information:: The following [from JAllan]
16:26:05 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
16:26:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review proposed changes to Focus & Keyboard" taken up [from JAllan]
16:26:32 [kford]
Group now reviewing proposals on 2.1.4.
16:28:36 [kford]
GL reads through proposed changes.
16:28:58 [JAllan]
New 2.1.4 - combining old 2.1.2 and 2.1.12
16:29:32 [JAllan]
proposed new 2.1.4: The user can override any keyboard shortcut including recognized author supplied shortcuts (e.g. accesskeys) and user interface controls. Exceptions can be made for conventional bindings for the operating environment (e.g. arrow keys for navigating within menus). (Level A)
16:30:29 [kford]
JA: Any objections to this?
16:30:32 [JAllan]
kim +1
16:30:36 [JAllan]
+1
16:32:10 [kford]
JR: This is actually a AAA in ATAG.
16:32:14 [JAllan]
opera allows overriding keystrokes
16:32:24 [kford]
SH: We should think about harmonizing.
16:32:34 [kford]
GL: AAA might be too far.
16:35:55 [kford]
Group continuing to talk about combining and priority.
16:37:25 [JAllan]
KF: we should have 2 SC 1 at A one at AAA, on for user interface, one for author keystroke
16:37:46 [Greg]
It's possible the old 2.1.2 and 2.1.12 were *supposed* to be only about "user-defined" "shortcuts and UI controls" rather than about "user defined shortcuts" and "UI controls".
16:38:16 [kford]
KP: This is going to be more and more of a problem.
16:38:29 [JAllan]
KP: this will be an ongoing problem. ctrl-f is find, but also defined in google docs. ... user not sure which will fire
16:38:41 [Jan]
JR: Aside: Here's how ATAG2 handles cases where there is a need to for separate reqs: http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/#sc_a312
16:40:59 [kford]
JR: In ATAG we had a concept of no keyboard traps.
16:41:52 [kford]
GL: We have possibillity of separating configurability between UI and content and priority level.
16:42:33 [kford]
GL: Third is clarifying that exception was optional and not required.
16:44:22 [kford]
JA: Going back in Feb we had a long talk about this and dropped 2.1.12 to line up with ATAG.
16:44:33 [Greg]
So three issues: 1. Should we split configurability of content from UI? 2. Priority levels for both. 3. Proposed rewording of exception to clarify UA are neither required nor prohibited from allowing the user to reconfigure platform-standard keyboard shortcuts.
16:45:35 [JAllan]
previous discussion http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2011JanMar/0050.html
16:48:27 [JAllan]
2.1.2 (former 4.1.2) Specify preferred keystrokes:: : The user can override any keyboard shortcut including recognized author supplied shortcuts (e.g. accesskeys) and user interface controls, except for conventional bindings for the operating environment (e.g., for access to help). (Level A)
16:48:49 [Jan]
scribe: Jan
16:48:56 [JAllan]
2.1.10 (former 4.1.10) Override of UI Keyboard Commands: : The user can override any keyboard shortcut binding for the user agent user interface except for conventional bindings for the operating environment (e.g. access to help). The rebinding options must include single-key and key-plus-modifier keys if available in the operating environment. (Level AA)
16:49:09 [JAllan]
2.1.11 (former 4.1.11) User Override of Accesskeys: : The user can override any recognized author supplied content keybinding (i.e. access key). The user must have an option to save the override of user interface keyboard shortcuts so that the rebinding persists beyond the current session. (Level AA)
16:49:20 [Jan]
JA: These seem to be very close to each other
16:49:50 [Jan]
JA: So what does 2.1.2 mean?
16:50:41 [Jan]
KF: When look at 2.1.11...confusing...says nothing about ui ...until the end
16:51:55 [Jan]
JA: Let's take them as a unit...2.1.11 needs to have that last bit fixed
16:52:52 [Jan]
JA: looks like 2.1.2 says any keybindings can be overriden
16:53:15 [Jan]
JA: 2.1.10, 2.1.11 add persistence session to session
16:53:32 [Jan]
KF: Ctrl F is a conventional keybing so not covered
16:55:08 [Jan]
KF: JR: We have an SC covering clash between web apps and browsers for keystrokes
16:55:28 [Jan]
JA: All three are tied together
16:55:50 [Jan]
KP: Another google docs example, +FF +mouseless browsing
16:56:15 [Jan]
KP: Google docs does not allow mouseless browsing in some cases
16:56:31 [Jan]
KP: User needs to have full control
16:56:55 [Jan]
GL: Sounds like these are all just a mess....should KP and I work offline?
16:57:19 [Jan]
JS: Agree we should move on
16:58:25 [Jan]
KP: What does this do to new 2.1.4
16:58:38 [Jan]
s/KP/KF
17:00:31 [Jan]
GL: We'll figure out what to do with them
17:01:24 [JAllan]
Action: Greg to review 2.1.2 (and 2.1.10, 2.1.11) from http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110428/#gl-keyboard-access and work with Kim and Jim.
17:01:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-528 - Review 2.1.2 (and 2.1.10, 2.1.11) from http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110428/#gl-keyboard-access and work with Kim and Jim. [on Greg Lowney - due 2011-05-05].
17:01:55 [Jan]
JA: it's now 1:01pm..ET
17:01:56 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:01:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html jeanne
17:03:18 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
17:03:18 [Zakim]
has not yet started, jeanne
17:03:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see KimPatch, sharper, Zakim, kford, Greg, Jan, JAllan, RRSAgent, jeanne, trackbot
17:03:40 [jeanne]
zakim, this is WAI_UA
17:03:40 [Zakim]
ok, jeanne; that matches WAI_UAWG()1:00PM
17:03:45 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
17:03:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.425.895.aaaa, ??P10, +1.512.206.aabb
17:03:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see KimPatch, sharper, Zakim, kford, Greg, Jan, JAllan, RRSAgent, jeanne, trackbot
17:04:28 [JAllan]
I am on, jan, greg, are on.
17:04:34 [Zakim]
+??P15
17:04:42 [sharper]
zakim, ??P15 is sharper
17:04:42 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
17:04:44 [Jan]
zakim, ??P10 is really Jan
17:04:44 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
17:05:00 [Jan]
zakim, aabb is really JAllan
17:05:00 [Zakim]
+JAllan; got it
17:05:11 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Greg
17:05:11 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
17:05:14 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:05:23 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
17:05:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Greg, Jan, JAllan, sharper, Jeanne
17:05:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see KimPatch, sharper, Zakim, kford, Greg, Jan, JAllan, RRSAgent, jeanne, trackbot
17:05:30 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #ua
17:06:30 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:06:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html jeanne
17:07:38 [Jan]
Topic: 2.1.5
17:07:41 [JAllan]
2.1.5 No Keyboard Trap [former 2.1.3, name change]
17:08:20 [JAllan]
no objections heard.
17:08:26 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree to 2.1.5 No Keyboard Trap
17:08:43 [Jan]
Topic: 2.1.6
17:09:00 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:09:00 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree to 2.1.6 on http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Keyboard,_Focus,_and_Navigation_Restructuring
17:09:14 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really kford
17:09:14 [Zakim]
+kford; got it
17:09:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.325.aacc
17:11:51 [JAllan]
zakim, aacc is really KimPatch
17:11:51 [Zakim]
+KimPatch; got it
17:11:54 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
17:12:34 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
17:13:30 [Jan]
Topic: 2.1.7 Follow Text Keyboard Conventions [former 2.1.5, name change]
17:13:32 [jeanne]
jeanne notes that numbering may have to change again because of ordering by level. We agree to ignore that for today, and jeanne will fix the numbering order later.
17:14:11 [kford]
no objections.
17:14:17 [JAllan]
no objection
17:14:31 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree to 2.1.7 on http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Keyboard,_Focus,_and_Navigation_Restructuring
17:14:47 [Jan]
Topic: 2.1.8 Make Important Command Functions Efficient [former 2.1.9, name change and minor changes]
17:15:06 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
17:15:56 [JAllan]
Important command functions (e.g. related to navigation, display, content, information management) are easily available using a single or efficient sequence of keystrokes or key combinations. (Level AA)
17:16:43 [Jan]
A.3.1.3 Efficient Keyboard Access: The authoring tool user interface includes mechanisms to make keyboard access more efficient than sequential keyboard navigation. (Level AA)
17:17:13 [kford]
This I like.
17:17:34 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20110426/#sc_a313
17:17:42 [JAllan]
+1 from kim, simon, jim
17:18:18 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
17:18:25 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
17:18:54 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #ua
17:19:00 [JAllan]
discussion of wording.
17:20:50 [JAllan]
2.1.8 Make Important Command Functions Efficient: Important command functions (e.g. related to navigation, display, content, information management) are more efficient than sequential keyboard navigation. (Level AA)
17:22:16 [JAllan]
GL: we already have SC for direct navigation, shortcut keys...compare with 2.3.1
17:22:18 [JAllan]
this seems redundant.
17:24:52 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to add 2.1.8 text (above) to the document with an editor note to check for redundancy when 2.1 is complete.
17:24:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-529 - Add 2.1.8 text (above) to the document with an editor note to check for redundancy when 2.1 is complete. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
17:25:47 [Jan]
JA: Not hearing objections
17:25:57 [Jan]
Topic: 2.1.9 Allow Overriding UI Keyboard Commands [former 2.1.10, renamed]
17:26:03 [Jan]
in http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Keyboard,_Focus,_and_Navigation_Restructuring
17:26:28 [Jan]
JA: Objections?
17:26:43 [Jan]
KF: Only to the general overlap problem
17:26:52 [Jan]
JA: OK but we'll deal with that later
17:26:55 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to look at IER for the new 2.1.8 and compare with the IER for ATAG A.3.1.3 and update as necessary.
17:26:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-530 - Look at IER for the new 2.1.8 and compare with the IER for ATAG A.3.1.3 and update as necessary. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
17:28:38 [Jan]
Topic:
17:28:48 [Jan]
Topic: Guideline 2.2 Provide sequential navigation [new, includes former 2.1.8 and 1.9.8, and a new SC]
17:30:52 [Jan]
GL: Contains 4 SCs
17:32:06 [Jan]
Topic: 2.2.1 Sequential Navigation Between Elements [replaces 1.9.8 Bi-Directional and 2.1.8 Keyboard Navigation]
17:33:22 [kford]
+1.
17:33:27 [Jan]
MH: Looks good
17:33:29 [Jan]
+1
17:33:31 [Jan]
JA: OK
17:34:37 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept 2.2.1 Sequential Navigation Between Elements [replaces 1.9.8 Bi-Directional and 2.1.8 Keyboard Navigation]
17:34:44 [Jan]
Topic: 2.2.2 Sequential Navigation Between Viewports [new]
17:35:01 [JAllan]
new wording: The user can move the keyboard focus backwards and forwards through all enabled elements in the current viewport. (Level A)
17:38:31 [Jan]
s/Resolution/Not Resolution
17:38:49 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept new 2.2 restructuring
17:38:57 [Jan]
Topic: 2.2.1 Sequential Navigation Between Elements [replaces 1.9.8 Bi-Directional and 2.1.8 Keyboard Navigation]
17:39:55 [Jan]
MH: Raises problem of "recognized" elements
17:40:02 [JAllan]
Previous SC
17:40:03 [JAllan]
2.1.8 (former 4.1.8) Keyboard Navigation:: The user can use the keyboard to navigate from group to group of focusable items and to traverse forwards and backwards all of the focusable elements within each group. Groups include, but are not limited to, toolbars, panels, and user agent extensions. (Level AA)
17:40:05 [JAllan]
1.9.8 (former 3.11.8) Bi-Directional: : The user can move the keyboard focus forward or backward to any enabled element in the viewport. (Level A)
17:40:25 [Jan]
GL: But note this is not just things in the tab order.
17:42:05 [JAllan]
JR: can we wrap document in conformance assumptions
17:42:28 [JAllan]
...one item would be "Recognized" elements.
17:42:40 [Jan]
JR: Called "Conformance Applicability Notes" in ATAG2
17:42:42 [kford]
This works for me.
17:42:46 [JAllan]
...we have this throughout the document
17:43:08 [Jan]
JS: But also in favour sticking recognized into the relevant SCs
17:43:31 [Jan]
JA: Maybe Jeanne, Kelly and I should huddle on this next week
17:43:57 [jeanne]
action: Jeanne to meet with Jim and Kelly to draft Conformance Notes that would be basic assumptions (like "recognized")
17:43:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-531 - Meet with Jim and Kelly to draft Conformance Notes that would be basic assumptions (like "recognized") [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
17:43:58 [Jan]
MH: I'm ok with it being at the top of the doc
17:47:05 [JAllan]
gl: seem to have lost the moving between groups of icons (toolbars), etc. they are viewports.
17:47:39 [JAllan]
jr: toolbars are not viewports.
17:48:11 [JAllan]
gl: viewports definition is in need of clarification.
17:48:57 [JAllan]
gl: a toolbar is a container for a group of controls.
17:49:11 [jeanne]
action: jim to schedule review of the definition of viewport, to address the issue of navigation between groups of controls.
17:49:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-532 - Schedule review of the definition of viewport, to address the issue of navigation between groups of controls. [on Jim Allan - due 2011-05-05].
17:50:33 [sharper]
scribe: sharper
17:50:51 [sharper]
GL: How broad is our defn of toolbars
17:51:18 [sharper]
GL: Want to say the same thing about frames
17:51:37 [sharper]
GL: more generic than toolbars, say, containers - which we can then define
17:52:05 [sharper]
KF: Does another w3c group already have referenced this to maintain conformity
17:53:10 [sharper]
GL: what would be the example of what is not a group?
17:54:03 [JAllan]
2.1.8 (former 4.1.8) Keyboard Navigation:: The user can use the keyboard to navigate from group to group of focusable items and to traverse forwards and backwards all of the focusable elements within each group. Groups include, but are not limited to, toolbars, panels, and user agent extensions. (Level AA)
17:54:09 [sharper]
KF: viewport is a recognised term in W3C
17:55:32 [sharper]
JR: OK with both inc 2.2.1
17:56:56 [sharper]
GL: structural navigation is to parallel navigation in our approach
17:57:33 [sharper]
JA: does structural navigation and take care of group parts
17:57:48 [sharper]
s/JA/JR
17:57:59 [sharper]
JA: Sounds like a good idea
17:59:46 [sharper]
JR: group recognition is really just structural navigation
18:00:24 [sharper]
GL: Giving alternative exemplar
18:01:28 [sharper]
JR: maybe these can be just combined into a version, we see there is a big loophole around one
18:01:48 [sharper]
GL: need to strengthen the other success criteria
18:02:07 [sharper]
JR: like 2.2.1 and 2.2.2
18:02:53 [sharper]
GL: the issue was did we lose the ability to navigate between groups, Jim Allen suggests not.
18:03:05 [mhakkinen]
+q
18:03:26 [mhakkinen]
lucidchart.com
18:04:17 [sharper]
MH: using the keyboard model I would not be sure how to navigate in this application
18:04:26 [sharper]
ack
18:04:59 [sharper]
MH: wondering where the application developers roll finishes and the user agent role begins
18:05:07 [sharper]
s/roll/role
18:07:29 [sharper]
MH: a naive user will expect people to work differently than the application developer may have allowed for in the ARIA
18:07:46 [sharper]
MH: the issue is the identification of all the shortcuts that are available to control the applications
18:08:06 [sharper]
KP: there is a hot key reference but there doesn't seem to be a lot of help
18:09:03 [sharper]
JA: there is an issue, but is there anything more I missing, MH: I'm not sure but something is just bothering me
18:10:07 [sharper]
MH: if a user agent conforms to UAAG 2.0 then there may be the problem if the ARIA overrides this
18:11:02 [sharper]
KP: there are some other issues with this site to the toolbars change and it seems to be a complicated interface there is a lot there
18:11:48 [sharper]
ISSUE: we need to think about this (f a user agent conforms to UAAG 2.0 then there may be the problem if the ARIA overrides this) more.
18:11:48 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-85 - We need to think about this (f a user agent conforms to UAAG 2.0 then there may be the problem if the ARIA overrides this) more. ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/issues/85/edit .
18:11:58 [Jan]
+1
18:12:15 [sharper]
taking a break to 10 minutes
18:12:29 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:12:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html jeanne
18:13:36 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
18:18:06 [mhakkinen]
I'm writing a couple of paragraphs on the issue.
18:18:54 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
18:20:41 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
18:25:47 [Zakim]
+Mark_Hakkinen
18:26:44 [sharper]
MH: is writing a couple of paragraphs regarding issue 85
18:27:18 [sharper]
JA: anybody have any objections to the wording for SC 2.2.1?
18:27:34 [sharper]
GL: should be changed to recognised
18:27:40 [JAllan]
The user can move the keyboard focus backwards and forwards through all recognized enabled elements in the current viewport. (Level A)
18:28:07 [sharper]
JR: should be dovetailed into the ARIA container elements, so I would like to be present in the discussion off-line
18:28:27 [JAllan]
Note: include mark on the action-532 and include aria-container
18:29:17 [JAllan]
2.2.1 The user can move the keyboard focus backwards and forwards through all recognized enabled elements in the current viewport. (Level A)
18:31:00 [sharper]
JA: let's look at the intent of examples
18:31:18 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to add new guideline from wiki (2.2) and SC 2.2.1 to the document.
18:31:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-533 - Add new guideline from wiki (2.2) and SC 2.2.1 to the document. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
18:31:41 [JAllan]
I am ok with EIR for 2.2.1
18:31:47 [Jan]
+1
18:31:58 [sharper]
+1
18:32:07 [Greg]
+1
18:32:13 [sharper]
Note sure about 'Sooj'...
18:32:21 [sharper]
s/Note/Not
18:32:30 [Greg]
Feel free to substitute new names.
18:32:53 [KimPatch]
+1
18:33:03 [JAllan]
no worries on names thats an editorial thing and they will be 'normalized'
18:33:32 [sharper]
resolved: Jeanne to Update
18:33:43 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to add EIR from wiki (2.2.1) to the document
18:33:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-534 - Add EIR from wiki (2.2.1) to the document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
18:34:01 [sharper]
issue: 2.2.2
18:34:07 [JAllan]
2.2.2 Sequential Navigation Between Viewports [new]
18:34:08 [JAllan]
The user can move the keyboard focus backwards and forwards between viewports, without having to sequentially navigate all the elements in a viewport. (Level A)
18:34:22 [sharper]
JA: any objection to adding this to the document and the wording therein?
18:34:26 [JAllan]
+1
18:34:55 [sharper]
JR: I would like to clarify their are the chrome viewpoints and viewpoints within the content which can be controlled by the authors such as the frame or div
18:35:07 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #ua
18:35:18 [sharper]
JR: so when we're talking about something which is embedded in something we are just talking about the depth?
18:35:30 [sharper]
JR: we are talking about a depth first traverse of the tree right?
18:36:16 [sharper]
GL: you'll notice that exactly how is not specified, it is left open, we could add something to the intent to ensure it is the depth first
18:36:45 [Zakim]
-Mark_Hakkinen
18:36:48 [sharper]
JA: to me what this is saying is that this success criteria is equivalent to the F6 which is available in most browsers
18:37:03 [sharper]
GL: if you look at the example this is exactly what it says
18:37:46 [sharper]
JA and JR resolving confusion
18:38:22 [sharper]
JR: this seems clear enough
18:38:26 [kford]
This is fine to me now.
18:38:51 [mhakkinen]
call dropped... can't get back in.
18:39:08 [sharper]
JR: we are clear that we are talking about sibling viewports, for instance we're moving from frame to frame to frame to frame without going deeper?
18:39:52 [Jan]
Mark...I can skype you in if you give me your skype name?
18:40:02 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen
18:41:11 [mhakkinen]
thx
18:41:28 [sharper]
JH: do we need to state this exquisitely in the intent that we are talking about sibling navigation only?
18:41:36 [Jan]
zakim, Jan has Mark
18:41:36 [Zakim]
+Mark; got it
18:41:38 [sharper]
GL: yes I think they need to do this, do we need to do it now?
18:42:10 [sharper]
JA: we can just add the term sibling into this success criteria so that we make it “sibling viewport”
18:42:37 [sharper]
GL: users may be confused that the focus is moving just through the viewport is and not moving to the address bar as they wished
18:42:58 [sharper]
JA: can you take an action GL to reword this intent, GL assents
18:43:29 [sharper]
action: Greg to view the issue of viewports and the sibling navigation thereof in more detail
18:43:30 [Greg]
I think moving between sibling viewports is incorrect, because if the user types F6 to move to a frame, then Tab to move to a sub-frame, they would be confused if F6 now only moves between sub-frames and no longer takes them back up to top-level frames, the address bar, etc.
18:44:22 [sharper]
action: Greg to view the issue of viewports and the sibling navigation thereof in more detail
18:44:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-535 - View the issue of viewports and the sibling navigation thereof in more detail [on Greg Lowney - due 2011-05-05].
18:45:20 [sharper]
resolved: sibling issue aside this can now go in a document
18:45:27 [JAllan]
action: Jeane to add EIR and 2.2.2 into the document
18:45:27 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Jeane
18:45:32 [sharper]
s/a /the
18:45:41 [JAllan]
action: JS to add EIR and 2.2.2 into the document
18:45:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-536 - Add EIR and 2.2.2 into the document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
18:45:50 [sharper]
topic: 2.2.3
18:46:14 [sharper]
renumbering from 1.9.9 and moving down into 2.2.3 with a minor change to the text
18:46:44 [sharper]
JI: let's move on to the intent and examples
18:46:52 [sharper]
s/JI/JA
18:48:33 [sharper]
MH: I have a possible problem with the term mental map as opposed to my suggestion of expectation as mental map implies a certain model is already present
18:49:07 [sharper]
wordsmithing te term expectation to accurate expectation, or accurate prediction
18:49:13 [sharper]
KP: likes accurate expectation
18:49:24 [sharper]
MH: likes at your expectation
18:49:41 [sharper]
s/at your/accurate
18:50:08 [sharper]
KF: are we expecting the content authors to do too much, in general the content authors would not need to do anything
18:50:29 [sharper]
KF: it is implied that content authors are admitted to define the expectation
18:50:49 [sharper]
s/admitted/expected
18:51:36 [sharper]
GL: wordsmithing on-the-fly but not meeting KFs requiremens
18:51:44 [sharper]
s/requiremens/requirements
18:52:36 [Greg]
Kelly, WCAG 2.0 has "2.4.3 Focus Order: If a Web page can be navigated sequentially and the navigation sequences affect meaning or operation, focusable components receive focus in an order that preserves meaning and operability. (Level A)" which says authors should do their part as we mention in our Intent.
18:54:50 [sharper]
KF: suggests - the success criterion insures content navigation (GL: will be consistent between browsers) whether the user agent or other is handling…
18:55:09 [Greg]
The reason for this SC is that browsers will be consistent on the tab order they provide WHEN the content author didn't explicitly define one.
18:56:03 [Jan]
From UAAG 10: "If the author has not specified a navigation order, allow at least forward sequential navigation, in document order, to each element in the set established by provision one of this checkpoint."
18:56:57 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
18:57:28 [sharper]
JA: let's start with the sentence above 'The reason for this SC is that browsers will be consistent on the tab order they provide WHEN the content author didn't explicitly define one.' in the intent
18:57:55 [sharper]
JA: any other problems with the intent examples or resources? all agree this is okay
18:58:28 [sharper]
resolved: with this additional sentence in the intent 'The reason for this SC is that browsers will be consistent on the tab order they provide WHEN the content author didn't explicitly define one.'
18:58:47 [sharper]
topic: 2.2.4 Options for Wrapping in Navigation [new]
18:59:17 [sharper]
GL: in the process of explaining his and KP's rationale
18:59:23 [kford]
2.2.4 needs to be optional beyond that I'm fine with it.
18:59:47 [JAllan]
do you mean AAA
19:00:45 [sharper]
GL: it is optional in that the wording says that the user 'can have' as opposed to' must have'
19:01:14 [sharper]
JS: can we find a browser which implements this?
19:02:04 [sharper]
JR: this is nice to have but I'm agreeing with JS about the implementation problem, MH agrees.
19:02:38 [sharper]
KP: Shall we make this a Triple-A?
19:03:08 [sharper]
JS: we needed implementations for Triple-A to
19:03:29 [sharper]
JS: if we don't know of any implementations we should remove it even though it's nice to have
19:04:00 [sharper]
KF: clarifies that he would just like this to be optional.
19:04:55 [sharper]
JA: discussing different behaviours within form controls as examples. Trying to verify that this applies to everything or nothing and is not variable. KP agrees and elaborates the point.
19:04:57 [Greg]
How about adding to intent: However, keyboard users who can see the entire screen may very well benefit from having wrapping without being interrupted by a pop-up dialog box, so ideally this behavior should be under the user's control.
19:06:09 [sharper]
JA: this would be a radical change to browsers
19:06:26 [sharper]
KF: clarifies whether the conformance claim could apply this to specific parts
19:06:39 [sharper]
JR: suggest this would not be the case using a keyboard example
19:07:31 [sharper]
resolved: place in the document, but with Triple-A, and then remove if we don't find any limitation when we look for exemplar cases
19:07:51 [sharper]
s/limitation/application
19:08:39 [sharper]
topic: Guideline 2.3 Provide direct navigation and activation [includes former 2.1.6, 2.1.7, 2.1.11]
19:08:47 [JAllan]
Action: JS to add 2.2.4 from the wiki to the document
19:08:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-537 - Add 2.2.4 from the wiki to the document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:08:57 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:08:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html sharper
19:09:36 [sharper]
Topic: 2.3.1–just a name change
19:11:56 [sharper]
JA: any objections the word change? No objections.
19:13:33 [Greg]
Action: Greg and Kim to write IER for "Direct Navigation to Important Elements"
19:13:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-538 - And Kim to write IER for "Direct Navigation to Important Elements" [on Greg Lowney - due 2011-05-05].
19:13:38 [JAllan]
action: JS to change title of 2.3.1 to Direct Navigation to Important Elements
19:13:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-539 - Change title of 2.3.1 to Direct Navigation to Important Elements [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:14:02 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
19:14:12 [sharper]
JA: skipping 2.3.2
19:14:30 [JAllan]
proposed wording 2.1.6 The user can have any recognized direct commands (e.g. accesskey) in rendered content be presented with their associated elements (Level A)
19:14:55 [sharper]
TOPIC: 2.3.3 Present Direct Commands in Rendered Content [former 2.1.6, before that 4.1.6, also 2.7.1, minor change] (Level A)
19:15:10 [JAllan]
old wording: 2.1.6 (former 4.1.6) Present Direct Commands in Rendered Content:: The user can have any recognized direct commands (e.g. accesskey) in rendered content be presented with their associated elements (e.g. "[Ctrl+t]" displayed after a link whose accesskey value is "t", or an audio browser reading the value or label of a form control followed by "accesskey control plus t"). (Level A)
19:15:12 [sharper]
GL: explaining the rationale for the changes
19:16:54 [sharper]
JA: any objections to this? No objections for the intent and examples for 2.1.6, it seems.
19:17:56 [sharper]
JA: changing wiki to reflect cross-referencing to its twin
19:18:06 [sharper]
GL: does anyone disagree with how we got rid of 2.7.1?
19:18:21 [sharper]
Silence…
19:19:56 [sharper]
MH: notice that in the examples of new 2.3.3 Mnemonic letters are not often done automatically, i.e. the author would have controlled it not the user agent.
19:20:52 [mhakkinen]
not MH ... JR
19:21:52 [sharper]
s/MH/JR
19:22:30 [sharper]
agree to remove example 3 from the examples for 2.1.6 under 2.3.3
19:22:50 [Greg]
(That is move the third example from the SC about content to the SC about UA UI.)
19:23:37 [JAllan]
action: JS to add 2.3.3 from the wiki into the document
19:23:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-540 - Add 2.3.3 from the wiki into the document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:23:47 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
19:23:58 [sharper]
RESOLVED: wiki for 2.3.3 to be added to the document
19:25:18 [JAllan]
action: JA add underline of menu items (keyboard shortcuts) to 4.1.6 Properties
19:25:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-541 - Add underline of menu items (keyboard shortcuts) to 4.1.6 Properties [on Jim Allan - due 2011-05-05].
19:25:42 [sharper]
TOPIC: 2.3.4 Present Direct Commands in User Interface [former 2.1.7, before that 4.1.7, also 2.7.1, minor change] (Level AA)
19:25:46 [KimPatch]
calling now
19:26:10 [sharper]
JA: minor change…
19:26:43 [JAllan]
old: 2.7.1 (former 4.7.7) Discover navigation and activation keystrokes: : Direct navigation and activation keystrokes are discoverable both programmatically and via perceivable labels. (Level A)
19:26:47 [KimPatch]
shoot -- I can't. Other line is in use.
19:26:52 [sharper]
JA: this does not have an EIR either, let's deal with the minor change first
19:27:18 [JAllan]
new: 2.3.4 Present Direct Commands in User Interface. The user has the option to have any direct commands (e.g. keyboard shortcuts) in the user agent user interface be presented with their associated user interface controls (e.g. "Ctrl+S" displayed on the "Save" menu item and toolbar button). (Level AA)
19:27:34 [Jan]
jeanne, I'' call you in
19:28:22 [JAllan]
2.1.7 (former 4.1.7) Present Direct Commands in User Interface:: The user has the option to have any direct commands (e.g. keyboard shortcuts) in the user agent user interface be presented with their associated user interface controls (e.g. "Ctrl+S" displayed on the "Save" menu item and toolbar button). (Level AA)
19:29:23 [sharper]
GL: things we just remove the in-line example which wasn't appropriate here.
19:29:53 [sharper]
GL: purely editorial change, we can add it back if people want, it was a parenthetical which we could lose.
19:30:02 [sharper]
JA: any objections to this?
19:30:05 [kford]
No objection.
19:30:27 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
19:30:38 [sharper]
GL: the example for 2.1.7 is kind of hard to follow and to be supplied down thus
19:31:12 [JAllan]
2.3.4 The user has the option to have any direct commands (e.g. keyboard shortcuts) in the user agent user interface be presented with their associated user interface controls. (Level AA)
19:31:55 [sharper]
RESOLVED: agreed to inclusion with removal of the parenthetical
19:32:00 [JAllan]
Action: JS to add new wording for 2.3.4 (2.7.1) into document.
19:32:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-542 - Add new wording for 2.3.4 (2.7.1) into document. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:32:42 [sharper]
TOPIC: 2.3.5 Small renaming change.
19:33:29 [sharper]
Renamed from "Override of Accesskeys" to "Allow Overriding of Accesskeys"
19:34:48 [sharper]
JR: it's one thing to say remap it's another thing to say I'd like this possibly malicious web app to not in my shortcuts
19:34:57 [sharper]
s/in/eat
19:35:46 [sharper]
JA: do we need something to say who will get the keyboard shortcut first, I don't think it's here, JR: what do you think?
19:36:37 [sharper]
GL: if this can be found in the draft so far do we want to do this through the call or shell JR: take an action item?
19:36:47 [sharper]
JA: if anybody should do this it should be me I'll find it
19:36:58 [sharper]
GL: I don't remember anything like this in my recent reading of the guidelines
19:38:05 [JAllan]
action: JA to find or create the SC for order of keyboard processing (script, UA, accesskey)
19:38:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-543 - Find or create the SC for order of keyboard processing (script, UA, accesskey) [on Jim Allan - due 2011-05-05].
19:38:31 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
19:38:57 [sharper]
GL: is 2.3.5 redundant to these success criteria were talking about with regard to keyboard Configuration?
19:39:25 [sharper]
GL: should we talk about recognise keyboard shortcuts as opposed to access keys which is very specific to HTML
19:39:57 [sharper]
all: general assent that shortcuts should be used as opposed to access keys in the terminology
19:41:08 [JAllan]
action: ja to rewrite 2.3.5 to be technology agnostic...author defined keyboard shortcuts in rendered content
19:41:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-544 - Rewrite 2.3.5 to be technology agnostic...author defined keyboard shortcuts in rendered content [on Jim Allan - due 2011-05-05].
19:41:19 [sharper]
JA: “author defined keyboard shortcuts”
19:41:37 [Greg]
Is "user-supplied keyboard shortcuts" the same as "keyboard shortcuts in rendered content"?
19:41:57 [sharper]
RESOLVED: JA to action this
19:42:14 [JAllan]
2.5.1 Provide structural navigation [new]
19:42:16 [JAllan]
[We required the user agent let the user specify the set of important elements for structured navigation, but did not actually have a success criterion requiring structured navigation itself. We should add one or more.]
19:42:22 [sharper]
JA: skipping guideline 2.4 and 2.5 as these are just reordering
19:42:36 [sharper]
TOPIC: moving on to 2.5.1 as this is a new guideline
19:42:54 [sharper]
GL: we have not written as we just realised there was a hole and therefore we added it
19:43:01 [sharper]
JA: any thoughts?
19:43:31 [sharper]
JR: this is good to have may be tricky but I think it'll be okay, MH: agrees
19:44:01 [sharper]
JA: we need to flesh this out JR: will take this as an action item
19:44:14 [sharper]
JR: will also do the EIR
19:44:21 [Jan]
Action JR: SC and EIR for 2.5.1 Provide structural navigation [new]
19:44:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-545 - SC and EIR for 2.5.1 Provide structural navigation [new] [on Jan Richards - due 2011-05-05].
19:44:54 [sharper]
RESOLVED: JR to to take this further
19:45:15 [sharper]
TOPIC: 2.5.2 Specify Elements for Structural Navigation [formerly 2.7.7, before that 4.7.6, moved and renamed only]
19:45:40 [sharper]
MH: change the name and added “all role”
19:46:01 [sharper]
JA: any objections?
19:46:06 [sharper]
No objections
19:46:35 [JAllan]
Action: JS to add 2.5.2 to document (new name and include sc)
19:46:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-546 - Add 2.5.2 to document (new name and include sc) [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:46:59 [sharper]
RESOLVED: Jeanne to add this to the document, but EIR's are not present
19:47:21 [sharper]
JA: no changes to guidelines 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11
19:47:43 [sharper]
JA: moving to guideline 3.4, success criteria 3.4.1
19:47:59 [sharper]
TOPIC: 3.4.1 Avoid Unpredictable Focus [formerly 3.4.2, before that 5.4.2, and 1.9.10, broadened]
19:48:15 [JAllan]
old: 3.4.2 (former 5.4.2) Unpredictable focus:: The user is informed when the user agent changes focus. The user agent provides a global option to block uninitiated focus changes.
19:48:35 [JAllan]
New: 3.4.1 The user can prevent focus changes that are not a result of explicit user request. (Level A)
19:49:39 [JAllan]
3.4.1 Avoid Unpredictable Focus Change. The user can prevent focus changes that are not a result of explicit user request. (Level A)
19:50:43 [sharper]
GL: it's clarifying the note in the wiki
19:52:11 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:52:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html sharper
19:52:37 [Greg]
Do people think this SC rewrite adequately covers both what was 3.4.1 and 3.4.2, meaning give them control over INITIAL focus when the page loads AND focus changes thereafter?
19:53:37 [sharper]
JA: it is not sure that the intent is clear enough
19:53:51 [Greg]
If we want to make that more clear, we could for example add to the SC "on page load and thereafter".
19:54:12 [sharper]
JR: is happy with the way things are now, even though it doesn't explicitly say it
19:54:17 [JAllan]
intent is clear, sc is a bit fuzzy
19:54:23 [sharper]
KF: I like your weight is
19:54:29 [sharper]
JA: any objections?
19:54:33 [jeanne]
I like it. excellent examples
19:56:06 [sharper]
SH: Correctling 'KF: I like your weight is' to KF: I like it the way it is
19:56:09 [JAllan]
Action: JS to remove 3.4.1 from the document. Add 3.4.1 from the wiki to replace 3.4.2
19:56:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-547 - Remove 3.4.1 from the document. Add 3.4.1 from the wiki to replace 3.4.2 [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2011-05-05].
19:56:14 [Greg]
People OK with us removing the user agent option to simply notify the user when focus changes without their request?
19:56:29 [sharper]
JA: no objections
19:57:02 [sharper]
RESOLVED: remove the user agent option to simply notify the user will focus changes at their request
19:57:31 [sharper]
JA: planning for the future with regard to completing IERs
19:58:16 [Zakim]
-kford
19:58:19 [Zakim]
-Greg
19:58:20 [Zakim]
-KimPatch
19:58:35 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:58:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html sharper
19:58:46 [sharper]
zakim, please part
19:58:46 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.425.895.aaaa, +1.512.206.aabb, sharper, JAllan, Greg, Jeanne, kford, +1.617.325.aacc, KimPatch, Mark_Hakkinen, Mark
19:58:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
19:59:05 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:59:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html sharper
19:59:43 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:59:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-minutes.html sharper
20:00:08 [sharper]
rrsagent, please part
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
I see 22 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-actions.rdf :
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Greg to review 2.1.2 (and 2.1.10, 2.1.11) from http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110428/#gl-keyboard-access and work with Kim and Jim. [1]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T17-01-24
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to add 2.1.8 text (above) to the document with an editor note to check for redundancy when 2.1 is complete. [2]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T17-24-52
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to look at IER for the new 2.1.8 and compare with the IER for ATAG A.3.1.3 and update as necessary. [3]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T17-26-55
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeanne to meet with Jim and Kelly to draft Conformance Notes that would be basic assumptions (like "recognized") [4]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T17-43-57
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jim to schedule review of the definition of viewport, to address the issue of navigation between groups of controls. [5]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T17-49-11
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to add new guideline from wiki (2.2) and SC 2.2.1 to the document. [6]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-31-18
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to add EIR from wiki (2.2.1) to the document [7]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-33-43
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Greg to view the issue of viewports and the sibling navigation thereof in more detail [8]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-43-29
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Greg to view the issue of viewports and the sibling navigation thereof in more detail [9]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-44-22
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeane to add EIR and 2.2.2 into the document [10]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-45-27
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to add EIR and 2.2.2 into the document [11]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T18-45-41
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to add 2.2.4 from the wiki to the document [12]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-08-47
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Greg and Kim to write IER for "Direct Navigation to Important Elements" [13]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-13-33
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to change title of 2.3.1 to Direct Navigation to Important Elements [14]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-13-38
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to add 2.3.3 from the wiki into the document [15]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-23-37
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JA add underline of menu items (keyboard shortcuts) to 4.1.6 Properties [16]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-25-18
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to add new wording for 2.3.4 (2.7.1) into document. [17]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-32-00
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JA to find or create the SC for order of keyboard processing (script, UA, accesskey) [18]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-38-05
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ja to rewrite 2.3.5 to be technology agnostic...author defined keyboard shortcuts in rendered content [19]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-41-08
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to SC and EIR for 2.5.1 Provide structural navigation [new] [20]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-44-21
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to add 2.5.2 to document (new name and include sc) [21]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-46-35
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JS to remove 3.4.1 from the document. Add 3.4.1 from the wiki to replace 3.4.2 [22]
20:00:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/28-ua-irc#T19-56-09