IRC log of er on 2011-04-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:09:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:09:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc
12:09:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:09:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:09:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:09:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 21 minutes
12:09:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:09:35 [trackbot]
Date: 27 April 2011
12:09:42 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:09:46 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:09:46 [shadi]
agenda+ [EARL 1.0 Schema] reviewing open notes
12:09:46 [shadi]
agenda+ [HTTP-in-RDF] reviewing open notes
12:09:46 [shadi]
agenda+ [Content-in-RDF] reviewing open notes
12:09:46 [shadi]
agenda+ [Pointers-in-RDF] reviewing open notes
12:09:47 [shadi]
agenda+ [EARL 1.0 Guide] review outline
12:09:51 [shadi]
agenda+ Any other business
12:09:53 [shadi]
agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule
12:09:55 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0040.html
12:23:54 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
12:24:37 [philip_]
philip_ has joined #er
12:24:50 [shadi]
hola!
12:28:10 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:28:10 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:28:11 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:28:12 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:30:30 [Zakim]
+??P16
12:30:44 [shadi]
zakim, ? is Philip
12:30:44 [Zakim]
+Philip; got it
12:31:54 [carlos]
carlos has joined #er
12:32:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.231.125.aaaa
12:32:19 [kostas]
kostas has joined #er
12:32:30 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Kostas
12:32:30 [Zakim]
+Kostas; got it
12:33:12 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:34:08 [shadi]
scribe: Philip
12:34:14 [shadi]
scribenick: philip_
12:35:10 [Zakim]
+ +030111aabb
12:35:27 [sinarmaya]
me
12:35:43 [shadi]
zakim, aabb is Emmanuelle
12:35:43 [Zakim]
+Emmanuelle; got it
12:35:53 [shadi]
agenda?
12:36:08 [Zakim]
+??P19
12:36:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:36:09 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:36:22 [shadi]
zakim, ? is CarlosV
12:36:22 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:36:54 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0037
12:37:01 [carlosV]
carlosV has joined #er
12:37:33 [carlosV]
zakim, mute me
12:37:33 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
12:37:53 [philip_]
approve publication on next weeks call
12:38:04 [philip_]
Shadi: approve publication on next weeks call
12:38:23 [philip_]
Shadi: very urgent
12:38:48 [philip_]
Shadi: review specs until next week
12:39:06 [philip_]
Shadi: basically review the changes
12:39:31 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/timeline
12:41:25 [philip_]
Shadi: discuss open issues today
12:42:38 [philip_]
Shadi: changes to the specs where mostly minor, mostly editorial changes
12:43:11 [philip_]
Shadi: EARL guide with substantial changes
12:43:29 [philip_]
Shadi: Conformance section moved from the specs
12:44:24 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:44:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "[EARL 1.0 Schema] reviewing open notes" taken up [from shadi]
12:44:48 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#note1
12:44:49 [carlosV]
zakim, unmute me
12:44:49 [Zakim]
CarlosV should no longer be muted
12:45:45 [philip_]
Shadi: suggestions: keep editor note and wait for feedback or remove it
12:46:09 [philip_]
Shadi: keep it or remove it?
12:46:33 [philip_]
Shadi: anybody objects?
12:47:16 [philip_]
Kostas: wonder why do we need foaf:Document?
12:47:39 [philip_]
CarlosV: equivalent to cnt:Content, so better remove it
12:48:09 [philip_]
Shadi: leave it for this publication so we can still discuss it?
12:48:38 [philip_]
Shadi: change editor's note to "ERT WG plans to remove foaf:Document....."
12:48:56 [philip_]
Shadi: foaf:Document is widely used
12:49:11 [philip_]
Shadi: would like see more arguments for removing it
12:49:59 [philip_]
Shadi: what if you have your library already using foaf:Document? then you have to rewrite it, if we remove it
12:50:19 [philip_]
Shadi: suggestion to discuss this later
12:50:42 [philip_]
Kostas: ok
12:51:24 [shadi]
action: shadi to change editor note 1 in EARL 1.0 Schema to say "ERT is considering removing foaf:Document"
12:51:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-121 - Change editor note 1 in EARL 1.0 Schema to say "ERT is considering removing foaf:Document" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-05-04].
12:51:42 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#note2
12:53:36 [philip_]
Shadi: continue with this approach?
12:54:07 [philip_]
Kostas: think, it is nice to have it.
12:54:28 [philip_]
Shadi: keep editor note?
12:54:36 [philip_]
CarlosV: would remove it
12:54:53 [philip_]
Shadi: objections for removing it?
12:55:08 [shadi]
action: shadi to remove editor note 2
12:55:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-122 - Remove editor note 2 [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-05-04].
12:55:26 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10-Schema/#note3
12:56:20 [philip_]
Shadi: objection: reusing DOAP vs. DOAP is to broad for our use
12:56:52 [philip_]
Shadi: publish with open issue? objections?
12:57:23 [philip_]
Shadi: Software as subclass of doap:Project?
12:57:51 [cstrobbe]
cstrobbe has joined #er
12:57:53 [philip_]
CarlosV: would prefer not to subclass
12:58:26 [philip_]
Carlos: same position, not using DOAP
12:58:43 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:58:46 [philip_]
Carlos: but would not object if somebody find it useful
12:59:50 [cstrobbe_]
cstrobbe_ has joined #er
12:59:57 [philip_]
Shadi: I think it would be a compromise to subclass daop:Project
13:00:10 [cstrobbe_]
zakim, I am Christophe_Strobbe
13:00:10 [Zakim]
ok, cstrobbe_, I now associate you with Christophe_Strobbe
13:00:32 [philip_]
Shadi: Keep editor's note
13:00:50 [philip_]
Shadi: No response until now from Edd Dumbill
13:01:17 [philip_]
Shadi: Any comments? Any objections?
13:02:14 [philip_]
RESOLUTION: Make Software a subclass of doap:Project and keep editor's note
13:02:52 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments?
13:03:34 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:03:34 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[HTTP-in-RDF] reviewing open notes" taken up [from shadi]
13:03:49 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/HTTP-in-RDF/#introduction
13:04:38 [philip_]
Shadi: potential conflict HTTP in RDF 1.0 and HTTP 1.1
13:05:20 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments on this document?
13:05:34 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:05:34 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "[Content-in-RDF] reviewing open notes" taken up [from shadi]
13:05:52 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/Content-in-RDF/#ContentClass
13:06:34 [philip_]
Shadi: Change dct:source to dct:hasFormat and dct:isFormatOf
13:06:57 [philip_]
Shadi: editor's note outdated. Should we still ask for feedback?
13:08:00 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/Content/issues#ContentClass
13:09:18 [philip_]
Shadi: For example text from a server could be recorded in different ways. dct:hasFormat and dct:isFormatOf could relate those instances.
13:12:57 [philip_]
Shadi: suggestion to keep the editor's note and also ask for comments on the use of dct:hasFormat and dct:isFormatOf
13:13:26 [philip_]
CarlosV: do we have the latest version of the RDF files on the web?
13:15:07 [shadi]
action: carlosv to update editor note in content-in-rdf but keep it
13:15:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-123 - Update editor note in content-in-rdf but keep it [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2011-05-04].
13:15:36 [shadi]
action: shadi to check with carlosV and philip on the latest versions of content-in-rdf drafts
13:15:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-124 - Check with carlosV and philip on the latest versions of content-in-rdf drafts [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-05-04].
13:15:49 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments on this document?
13:15:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:15:54 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "[Pointers-in-RDF] reviewing open notes" taken up [from shadi]
13:16:09 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/Pointers-in-RDF/#namespaceMappingClass
13:16:31 [philip_]
Shadi: Keep that note?
13:17:03 [philip_]
Carlos: It was there for a long time, so I would remove it now. There is not much feedback.
13:17:20 [philip_]
Shadi: anybody objects?
13:18:00 [shadi]
action: carlosI to remove editor note from pointers-in-rdf
13:18:00 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - carlosI
13:18:29 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments on this document?
13:18:48 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:18:48 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "[EARL 1.0 Guide] review outline" taken up [from shadi]
13:19:05 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Guide-20110427#toc
13:20:47 [philip_]
Shadi: section two is from the current document, section three the conformance sections of the current specs, section four discussed later
13:21:17 [philip_]
Shadi: priority to import conformance sections
13:22:18 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments on this document?
13:22:27 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:22:27 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Any other business" taken up [from shadi]
13:23:48 [philip_]
Shadi: Please review the documents this week. Beginning next week discussion on mailing list. Approve on next meeting.
13:23:56 [philip_]
Shadi: Any other comments?
13:24:02 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:24:02 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Upcoming meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
13:24:05 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/timeline#meeting
13:25:17 [carlos]
ACTION: ciglesia to remove editor note from pointers-in-rdf
13:25:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-125 - Remove editor note from pointers-in-rdf [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2011-05-04].
13:27:11 [Zakim]
-Kostas
13:27:13 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
13:27:17 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has left #er
13:27:19 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:27:23 [Zakim]
-Philip
13:27:24 [Zakim]
-Emmanuelle
13:27:26 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:27:26 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:27:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:27:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-minutes.html trackbot
13:27:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-actions.rdf :
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to change editor note 1 in EARL 1.0 Schema to say "ERT is considering removing foaf:Document" [1]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T12-51-24
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to remove editor note 2 [2]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T12-55-08
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: carlosv to update editor note in content-in-rdf but keep it [3]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T13-15-07
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to check with carlosV and philip on the latest versions of content-in-rdf drafts [4]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T13-15-36
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: carlosI to remove editor note from pointers-in-rdf [5]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T13-18-00
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to remove editor note from pointers-in-rdf [6]
13:27:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/27-er-irc#T13-25-17
13:27:29 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, Philip, +1.231.125.aaaa, Kostas, Carlos_Iglesias, +030111aabb, Emmanuelle, CarlosV, Christophe_Strobbe
13:27:32 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:27:35 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:27:36 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:27:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Philip, +1.231.125.aaaa, Kostas, Carlos_Iglesias, +030111aabb, Emmanuelle, CarlosV, Christophe_Strobbe