IRC log of lld on 2011-04-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:45:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:45:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc
13:45:13 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:45:13 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T13-45-13
13:45:20 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
13:45:20 [Zakim]
ok, antoine; I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
13:45:36 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:45:43 [antoine]
Chair: Antoine
13:46:16 [antoine]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Apr/0047.html
13:46:55 [antoine]
Previous: 2011-04-14 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/14-lld-minutes.html
13:51:07 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
13:53:20 [antoine]
Regrets: Gordon, Alexander, William, Kevin, Ray
13:53:45 [antoine]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:54:10 [emma]
emma has joined #lld
13:54:26 [monica]
monica has joined #lld
13:54:59 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has now started
13:55:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:55:10 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:55:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:55:17 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:55:17 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:55:50 [antoine]
Scribe: Monica
13:55:56 [antoine]
Scribenick: monica
13:56:04 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:56:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:57:00 [Zakim]
+ +44.194.346.aaaa
13:57:02 [TomB]
TomB has joined #lld
13:57:13 [antoine]
zakim, aaaa is monica
13:57:13 [Zakim]
+monica; got it
13:57:34 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:57:45 [Zakim]
+Tom_Baker (was ??P2)
13:58:02 [Zakim]
+??P3
13:58:14 [antoine]
zakim, ??P3 is kcoyle
13:58:14 [Zakim]
+kcoyle; got it
13:58:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html TomB
13:58:33 [pmurray]
pmurray has joined #lld
13:59:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.404.892.aabb
13:59:41 [TomB]
zakim, aabb is pmurray
13:59:41 [Zakim]
+pmurray; got it
14:00:39 [jodi]
jodi has joined #LLD
14:00:43 [kai]
kai has joined #lld
14:00:47 [Zakim]
+rsinger
14:00:50 [rsinger]
rsinger has joined #lld
14:00:56 [Zakim]
+Jodi
14:01:24 [Jodi]
zakim, please mute me
14:01:24 [Zakim]
Jodi should now be muted
14:01:29 [rsinger]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, monica, Tom_Baker, kcoyle, pmurray (muted), rsinger, Jodi (muted)
14:01:36 [rsinger]
ok :)
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:42 [jneubert]
jneubert has joined #lld
14:01:54 [rsinger]
smarter than me, for sure
14:01:55 [Zakim]
+jeff_
14:01:59 [Zakim]
+ +49.4.aacc
14:02:01 [antoine]
zakim, IPcaller is kai
14:02:01 [Zakim]
+kai; got it
14:02:23 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:02:23 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:02:23 [antoine]
zakim, aacc is jneubert
14:02:24 [Zakim]
+jneubert; got it
14:02:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.330.310.aadd
14:03:12 [antoine]
zakim, aadd is marcia
14:03:12 [Zakim]
+marcia; got it
14:03:41 [marcia]
marcia has joined #lld
14:04:05 [marcia]
zakim mute me
14:04:19 [antoine]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:04:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antoine, monica, Tom_Baker, kcoyle, pmurray (muted), rsinger, Jodi (muted), kai, jeff_ (muted), jneubert (muted), marcia
14:04:22 [rsinger]
TomB: i note you noting the benefits doc
14:05:04 [monica]
TOPIC admin
14:05:09 [Jodi]
TomB: I guess you tried refreshing already?
14:05:14 [rsinger]
somewhere other than the "developers" section?
14:05:22 [monica]
PROPOSED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/14-lld-minutes.html
14:05:32 [monica]
--ACCEPTED
14:05:44 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:05:45 [edsu]
zakim, [LC] is edsu
14:05:45 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
14:05:54 [monica]
schedule of telcons
14:06:06 [monica]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
14:06:32 [Zakim]
+jeff_.a
14:06:35 [monica]
antoine - any comments?
14:06:51 [kai]
+1 would have to send regrets otherwise :-)
14:07:07 [antoine]
zakim, jeff_.a is michaelp
14:07:07 [Zakim]
+michaelp; got it
14:07:21 [marcia]
zakim, mute me
14:07:21 [Zakim]
marcia should now be muted
14:07:29 [TomB]
@rsinger - exited from the document - is there a URL for just "viewing" the document?
14:07:58 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.44.78.aaee
14:07:58 [rsinger]
TomB: i don't think you can just view it -- i'm not editing now, so feel free to go back in
14:08:05 [emma]
zakim, aaee is me
14:08:05 [Zakim]
+emma; got it
14:08:32 [TomB]
@rsinger - gotta follow the discussion now... - will look at it after the call
14:09:10 [monica]
decided telcon on 28 is cancelled
14:09:38 [monica]
.. Harry HAlpin to introduce the newly-launched community groups at W3C
14:10:13 [monica]
...will enable inclusion with wider scope of participants
14:10:33 [monica]
...e.g. library community
14:10:48 [monica]
...we should have a couple of weeks to preprare
14:11:02 [monica]
...any questions? now or on list
14:11:19 [monica]
...we will know more once Harry has presented
14:11:21 [CaptSolo]
CaptSolo has joined #lld
14:11:29 [Zakim]
-monica
14:11:52 [emma]
Asia Pacific Telecon on April 28th
14:12:06 [pmurray]
I can pick up scribing.
14:12:12 [rsinger]
antoine: you got all echoey
14:12:13 [Jodi]
yes, there's echo here now too
14:12:15 [kcoyle]
yes, getting echo from you
14:12:22 [kcoyle]
now it's gone
14:12:23 [TomB]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Apr/0044.html - Asia-Pacific call
14:12:26 [Zakim]
+monica
14:12:56 [Zakim]
-monica
14:12:57 [emma]
TomB: Asia Pacific telecon will be on 27th / 28th april
14:13:22 [emma]
... 13 people expected
14:13:50 [emma]
... agenda will be simple : sections of the report,
14:14:16 [Jodi]
Here's the fixed time for the telcon: http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=LLD&iso=20110427T21&p1=224&ah=1
14:14:48 [emma]
... open discussion during at least 20 minutes
14:14:58 [Zakim]
+monica
14:15:19 [Zakim]
+??P33
14:15:24 [uldis]
zakim, ??P33 is me
14:15:24 [Zakim]
+uldis; got it
14:15:41 [emma]
... please consider attending even if the ime isn't convenient, bridge is reserved for 20 or 25 people
14:15:48 [emma]
s/ime/time
14:16:39 [monica]
TOPIC FINAL REPORT
14:17:02 [monica]
CTION: Digikim to update the transcluded version of the report by Wed Apr 13 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minutes.html#action06]
14:17:09 [monica]
AntoineL Kim not here today
14:17:14 [monica]
ACtion --continues
14:17:30 [monica]
s/CTION/ACTION/
14:17:44 [Jodi]
(Kim just emailed us to say that the transclusion doesn't make sense yet, and with regrets.)
14:18:00 [monica]
...Benefits http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits
14:18:15 [monica]
ACTION: Cluster owners to check the bullet-point list in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits reflects their understanding and covers relevant points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:18:28 [michaelp]
michaelp has joined #lld
14:18:28 [monica]
Antoine there has only been one comment
14:18:29 [rsinger]
i haven't
14:18:36 [emma]
me neither
14:18:36 [monica]
...has there been any other feedback?
14:18:40 [monica]
Ross - no
14:19:08 [TomB]
+1 to drop the action
14:19:09 [rsinger]
+1
14:19:11 [emma]
+1
14:19:12 [pmurray]
+1 -- action completed.
14:19:17 [rsinger]
i mean, if they haven't responded yet
14:19:19 [rsinger]
...
14:19:22 [monica]
ACTION CLOSED
14:19:36 [antoine]
ACTION: Cluster owners to check the bullet-point list in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits reflects their understanding and covers relevant points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:19:40 [antoine]
--CLOSED
14:20:07 [emma]
--DONE
14:20:22 [rsinger]
--<BOOM>
14:20:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html emma
14:20:33 [monica]
ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and add to bullet-points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05]
14:20:43 [rsinger]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vtVG2qAIiLAivwCGdqwNXubrnBpaOPnK1ZKxxZAS8qk/edit?hl=en
14:20:55 [monica]
ross this has been started on the google doc
14:21:09 [monica]
any suggestions for how to boil down bullet points?
14:21:25 [monica]
...this is all open for editing, but coming along
14:21:29 [TomB]
q+ to ask about the status of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Apr/0044.html
14:21:39 [TomB]
q+ to ask about the status of http://piratepad.net/zsLh4nM3Pg
14:21:42 [TomB]
...sorry
14:22:01 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
14:22:01 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask about the status of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Apr/0044.html and to ask about the status of http://piratepad.net/zsLh4nM3Pg
14:22:04 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:22:19 [monica]
Tom has this been copied over to the wiki?
14:22:22 [monica]
Ed yes
14:23:01 [monica]
Ed we only need one more discussion to conclude the deliverable
14:23:15 [antoine]
Regrets+ Kim, Daniel
14:23:29 [monica]
Tom as a liaison from issues group - we think there are some issues that need to be introduced earlier
14:23:41 [monica]
Ed The double-edged sword of linked data?
14:23:54 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:23:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html emma
14:23:59 [monica]
Ed To put out call on the mailing list
14:24:03 [edsu]
rsinger++
14:24:11 [TomB]
s/Ed/Ross/
14:24:11 [jeff_]
zakim, unmute me
14:24:11 [Zakim]
jeff_ should no longer be muted
14:24:11 [monica]
Antoine Relevant technologies
14:24:21 [monica]
ACTION: Jeff to create a wiki page on "Relevant Technology" and link it to the report outline [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/14-lld-minutes.html#action05] --DONE
14:24:26 [monica]
--DONE
14:24:42 [kcoyle]
q+
14:24:56 [monica]
Jeff library-specific technologies - we might be better able to write tools if we knew our idioms better
14:25:14 [antoine]
zakim, ack kcoyle
14:25:14 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:25:43 [monica]
Karen: what tools are we talking about - tools for programmers, metadata developers (e.g. metadata registry)
14:26:07 [antoine]
Discussion at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Apr/0072.html
14:26:19 [monica]
...needs to address those 3 different activities
14:26:50 [monica]
...by breaking it out this way it will point out where the gaps are
14:27:06 [monica]
...Karen offers help with this if needed
14:27:14 [monica]
Antoine: notes good progress on this, thanks
14:27:28 [monica]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:27:50 [monica]
Antoine: has the issue been addressed?
14:28:22 [monica]
Jeff: yes e.g. caching difficult to layer in
14:28:31 [monica]
...but software layering is reflected
14:28:35 [monica]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:28:37 [monica]
--DONE
14:28:51 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:28:51 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:29:04 [monica]
Note on potential lld web services (Kevin, Joachim) http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Web_services_on_LLD
14:29:16 [monica]
Antoine: this was on an action on Joachim to report on progress
14:29:34 [monica]
Joachim: we have finished that action, have prepared the wiki page
14:30:07 [monica]
...not so easy for people not acquainted with ?? to use RDF
14:30:38 [monica]
...in lots of situation it is not so easy to provide technology
14:31:07 [monica]
...example of use cases authority data
14:31:25 [monica]
...similar services would support retrieval
14:32:18 [monica]
Antoine: can this wiki page fit into the developing technologies section?
14:32:39 [monica]
...is it going in the same direction which Karen has described - group into categories
14:32:48 [jeff_]
+1
14:33:02 [monica]
...could Joachim input into the categories
14:33:17 [TomB]
+1 to boil down
14:33:21 [monica]
joachim: currently too long, would need to be boiled down
14:33:56 [monica]
...on holiday for 2 weeks, difficult to take the action to co-ordinate
14:34:10 [monica]
Antoine: could Kevin do it?
14:34:37 [monica]
...no formal action recorded until we ask Kevin (Joachim to ask him)
14:34:53 [TomB]
q+ to ask if we skipped the ACTION: Gordon and Karen, under ISSUES
14:35:00 [monica]
TOPIC Housecleaning
14:35:03 [monica]
Antoine: skip
14:35:09 [monica]
...due ot time constraints
14:35:25 [kcoyle]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page
14:35:25 [monica]
TOPIC REQUIREMENTS AND ISSUES
14:35:30 [monica]
Karen:
14:35:53 [Jodi]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:36:04 [Jodi]
much better! :)
14:36:04 [Zakim]
Jodi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: kcoyle (99%)
14:36:17 [monica]
...we have two pages linking to each other - issues and recommendations
14:36:25 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:36:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:36:33 [monica]
...the two pages are important because they become the results
14:36:33 [pmurray]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
14:36:44 [monica]
...what we are saying is what needs to happen
14:37:05 [monica]
...in the group we have talked about posting individual (or small groups of related ones)
14:37:11 [monica]
...so that people can comment on it
14:37:36 [monica]
...an outline has already been written, on the wiki there is another level of detail
14:37:49 [monica]
...generally the recommendations and issues have been broken out into 3 groups
14:37:58 [monica]
...first group is managerial (education, costs)
14:38:29 [monica]
...second group - moving library world out of its silo into a future mindset of being collaborative
14:38:48 [monica]
...not just with cultural heritage but at least some input from general web community
14:39:02 [monica]
...third category - library standards and practices change
14:39:06 [monica]
...Any input?
14:39:06 [emma]
q+ to ask about duplication of effort (Management)
14:39:12 [marcia]
very good
14:39:23 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
14:39:23 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask if we skipped the ACTION: Gordon and Karen, under ISSUES
14:39:25 [Zakim]
I see emma on the speaker queue
14:39:42 [monica]
Tom: asking about teh action on Karen and Gordon
14:39:51 [monica]
Karen: I need to check and look at it again
14:39:56 [monica]
...keep the action fo rnow
14:40:00 [antoine]
zakim, ack emma
14:40:00 [Zakim]
emma, you wanted to ask about duplication of effort (Management)
14:40:02 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:40:07 [monica]
s/fo rnow/for now/
14:40:42 [monica]
Emma: wondering if this is missing: issue of national libraries coordinating effort
14:41:03 [monica]
...is there a role to manage duplicates
14:41:42 [monica]
Karen: there is wording on de-duplication but your point is about not duplicating the effort
14:41:59 [monica]
emma: also need to consider the costs
14:42:04 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page#Library_data_is_highly_redundant_but_lacks_global_identifiers_to_aid_in_de-duplication
14:42:13 [monica]
...that would be a management issue
14:42:33 [pmurray]
There is mention in the recommendation about agreement on identifiers, which is a form of coordination.
14:42:47 [monica]
Karen: that appears to be a co-ordination issue e.g. hwo to find out that software already exists, encourage open source etc
14:42:59 [antoine]
s/TOPIC admin/TOPIC: admin
14:43:08 [monica]
...also one thing we don't have here is something about discovery: of software, vocabularies Is this management?
14:43:15 [pmurray]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page#Identify_vocabularies_that_are_needed_to_support_the_creation_and_use_of_LLD_.5BJS.5D
14:43:17 [monica]
...or third section
14:43:39 [TomB]
q+ discovery of vocabularies is perhaps related to the issue of "usage patterns"
14:43:49 [monica]
...is htis a high-level point? do all teh sharing so we don't duplicate effort?
14:43:55 [monica]
s/teh/the/
14:44:03 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
14:44:03 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:44:05 [emma]
zakim, please mute me
14:44:05 [Zakim]
emma should now be muted
14:44:17 [monica]
Tom: the patterns will point to the vocabularies
14:44:27 [emma]
s/htis/this
14:44:35 [monica]
...tehre is a danger in people just using search engines that focus on vocabularies
14:44:54 [monica]
...could lead people to use vocabularies in patterns that do not match usage patterns
14:45:13 [monica]
...I want to encourage discovery in the context of usage pattern, best practice
14:45:17 [emma]
s/tehre /there
14:45:30 [edsu]
q+ how are people going to discover application profiles?
14:45:49 [edsu]
Zakim, most likely :)
14:45:49 [Zakim]
I'm glad that smiley is there, edsu
14:45:51 [monica]
...there are different styles for documenting patterns and the community has no agreed way to document patterns
14:46:11 [antoine]
zakim, ack edsu
14:46:11 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:46:19 [jeff_]
q+ ontology mapping
14:46:49 [emma]
q?
14:46:55 [monica]
Ed: we want to encourage good patterns
14:47:23 [monica]
Tom: it is also important to put vocabularies in context e.g. used more in this community
14:47:53 [antoine]
s/good patterns/good patterns and findability of vocabularies
14:48:03 [Jodi]
in a way, you have to be in contact with the community that uses a vocabulary in order to understand how it is used...
14:48:09 [monica]
...there is overlap and proliferation of vocabularies, alignment of vocabularies are needed otherwise new vocabularies will be used in the absence of mapping
14:48:25 [monica]
Karen: vocabulary alignment is one of the recommendations
14:48:30 [TomB]
q?
14:48:31 [monica]
Tom: make them stronger
14:48:38 [monica]
Karen: agrees
14:48:41 [monica]
Ed: agrees
14:48:47 [emma]
q- ontology
14:48:51 [jeff_]
ack me
14:48:51 [emma]
q- mapping
14:48:57 [TomB]
q?
14:49:12 [Zakim]
-uldis
14:49:25 [monica]
Jeff: wanted to mention ontology mapping we can still be interoperable without prescribing you must do it this way
14:49:30 [TomB]
ontology mapping = alignments
14:49:53 [monica]
Karen: experience in library world is for people to standardise and share rather than re-invent or grab random things
14:49:58 [antoine]
+1
14:50:03 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:50:03 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:50:13 [jeff_]
+1
14:50:20 [monica]
...more concerned about silos - we need to break out of these
14:50:34 [TomB]
note to self: make sure we use the phrase "RDF silo" in this section
14:50:52 [kcoyle]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
14:51:14 [emma]
q+ to ask about training/education
14:51:23 [Jodi]
TomB: currently it's in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page#Linking_by_use_of_vocabularies
14:51:25 [monica]
Karen: to all please make sure that your issues are included here, if issues are not in the issues page they will not show up in the recommendations
14:51:39 [monica]
..check tehy are present and expressed as strongly sa you think is needed
14:51:49 [monica]
s/tehy/they/
14:51:56 [monica]
s/sa/as/
14:52:03 [TomB]
@jodi - ah, I thought it was there somewhere - thanks!
14:52:07 [monica]
Antoine: we have use case owners to check the issues list
14:52:30 [monica]
Karen: if people find anything missing, it is not too late to add to it
14:52:58 [monica]
...not exactly another round, but we need these two pages to be representing the best of our thinking on this topic
14:53:21 [monica]
...it is important that everyone in the group feels good about these pages
14:53:22 [TomB]
q+ to point out that this is why we want to push the individual points out to the mailing list one-by-one for comments
14:53:24 [Jodi]
q+ to mention recommendations are likely to be most read after executive report
14:53:42 [antoine]
zakim, ack TomB
14:53:42 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to point out that this is why we want to push the individual points out to the mailing list one-by-one for comments
14:53:45 [Zakim]
I see emma, Jodi on the speaker queue
14:53:58 [monica]
Tom: same point that Karen made, this is why we want to push out individual points in digestable pieces and get comments
14:54:10 [monica]
Karen: which mailing list?
14:54:26 [pmurray]
I think the community (public) list, too.
14:54:52 [monica]
Antoine: would there be overwhelming response?
14:54:55 [emma]
emma has joined #lld
14:55:00 [monica]
Karen: does anyone feel that we should not?
14:55:08 [pmurray]
But when we use the public list, we diminish the chance of someone saying "you didn't listen to me!"
14:55:12 [antoine]
q?
14:55:13 [edsu]
+1 for using community list
14:55:13 [monica]
Antoine: if you wish to do it does not object
14:55:28 [emma]
ack me
14:55:29 [Zakim]
emma, you wanted to ask about training/education
14:55:35 [Jodi]
zakim, please unmute me
14:55:35 [Zakim]
Jodi should no longer be muted
14:55:36 [antoine]
zakim, ack emma
14:55:38 [Zakim]
I see Jodi on the speaker queue
14:56:02 [monica]
Emma: training, education there a number of things in the issues and recommendations
14:56:31 [monica]
...wondered if we should be more specific on who needs training in the library professionals. everyone?
14:56:40 [monica]
...just cataloguers?
14:56:50 [monica]
...very difficult to say
14:57:06 [monica]
...who does it make sense to train?
14:57:08 [pmurray]
I think understanding the principles is important for everyone, but training about the mechanics isn't needed by everyone.
14:57:20 [TomB]
+1 good question on who needs to be trained
14:57:46 [antoine]
s/TOPIC FINAL REPORT/TOPIC: FINAL REPORT
14:57:53 [monica]
Karen: right now we are at a point that we do not have much to show to people e.g. at the reference desk e.g. would not want to show them formats
14:58:06 [TomB]
"training the decision-makers" :-)
14:58:16 [antoine]
s/TOPIC REQUIREMENTS AND ISSUES/TOPIC: REQUIREMENTS AND ISSUES
14:58:24 [monica]
Emma: everyone needs to understand benefits
14:58:28 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:58:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
14:58:42 [monica]
Karen: do we think training needs to be tailored to needs
14:58:44 [antoine]
zakim, ack Jodi
14:58:44 [Zakim]
Jodi, you wanted to mention recommendations are likely to be most read after executive report
14:58:47 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:59:11 [Jodi]
zakim, please mute me
14:59:11 [Zakim]
Jodi should now be muted
14:59:18 [monica]
Jodi: one reason we wanted comments on recommendations/issues was that
15:00:09 [monica]
Jeff: by making each of the recommendations tweakable - should we make a 120 character limit?
15:00:10 [edsu]
lol (on mute)
15:00:12 [antoine]
s/TOPIC Housecleaning/Topic: housecleaning
15:00:14 [monica]
laughter
15:00:26 [TomB]
@pmurray lol
15:00:34 [Jodi]
monica: most likely to be read, after the executive report
15:00:42 [monica]
Anotoine: any other business?
15:00:53 [monica]
s/Anotoine/Antoine/
15:01:06 [Jodi]
bye!
15:01:06 [Zakim]
-jeff_
15:01:08 [Zakim]
-edsu
15:01:08 [Zakim]
-kcoyle
15:01:09 [Zakim]
-pmurray
15:01:10 [Zakim]
-michaelp
15:01:12 [Zakim]
-marcia
15:01:13 [jeff_]
jeff_ has left #lld
15:01:14 [Zakim]
-rsinger
15:01:16 [antoine]
zakim, please list attendees
15:01:16 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been antoine, +44.194.346.aaaa, monica, Tom_Baker, kcoyle, +1.404.892.aabb, pmurray, rsinger, Jodi, jeff_, +49.4.aacc, kai, jneubert,
15:01:19 [Zakim]
... +1.330.310.aadd, marcia, edsu, michaelp, +33.1.44.78.aaee, emma, uldis
15:01:20 [Zakim]
-Jodi
15:01:20 [Zakim]
-kai
15:01:20 [michaelp]
michaelp has left #lld
15:01:23 [Zakim]
-jneubert
15:01:25 [pmurray]
pmurray has left #lld
15:01:25 [Zakim]
-Tom_Baker
15:01:44 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:01:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html emma
15:02:47 [antoine]
s/TOPIC FINAL REPORT/Topic: Final Report
15:02:58 [Zakim]
+??P16
15:03:00 [monica]
s/Antoine/Antoine:/
15:03:21 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:03:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
15:03:36 [monica]
s/ross/ross:/
15:04:00 [antoine]
s/TOPIC FINAL REPORT/Topic\: final report
15:04:05 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:04:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
15:04:18 [Jodi]
Jodi has left #LLD
15:04:32 [antoine]
s/TOPIC FINAL REPORT/Topic\: final report/
15:04:35 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:04:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
15:04:38 [monica]
s/antoine -/antoine:/
15:05:06 [monica]
s/Jeff/Jeff:/
15:06:45 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:06:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-minutes.html antoine
15:08:32 [Zakim]
-monica
15:10:48 [Zakim]
-antoine
15:10:50 [Zakim]
-emma
15:10:51 [Zakim]
-??P16
15:10:53 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
15:10:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were antoine, +44.194.346.aaaa, monica, Tom_Baker, kcoyle, +1.404.892.aabb, pmurray, rsinger, Jodi, jeff_, +49.4.aacc, kai, jneubert, +1.330.310.aadd, marcia, edsu,
15:10:59 [Zakim]
... michaelp, +33.1.44.78.aaee, emma, uldis
15:11:06 [antoine]
zakim, bye
15:11:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld
15:11:17 [antoine]
rrsagent, bye
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-actions.rdf :
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cluster owners to check the bullet-point list in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits reflects their understanding and covers relevant points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action04] [1]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-18-15
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cluster owners to check the bullet-point list in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits reflects their understanding and covers relevant points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action04] [2]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-19-36
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and add to bullet-points [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05] [3]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-20-33
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeff to create a wiki page on "Relevant Technology" and link it to the report outline [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/14-lld-minutes.html#action05] --DONE [4]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-24-21
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04] [5]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-27-28
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04] [6]
15:11:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-lld-irc#T14-28-35