IRC log of sparql on 2011-04-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-sparql-irc
13:56:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:25 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:26 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:26 [trackbot]
Date: 19 April 2011
13:56:26 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:56:26 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:31 [LeeF]
Chair: LeeF
13:56:35 [LeeF]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-04-19
13:56:46 [LeeF]
Regrets: AxelPolleres, SteveH
13:57:07 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:57:35 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
13:57:45 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
13:58:06 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:13 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:58:26 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
13:58:26 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
13:58:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.729.aaaa
13:58:41 [kasei]
Zakim, aaaa is me
13:58:41 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
13:58:42 [bglimm]
Hi, I withdraw my regrets, but I have to leave 10 min early
13:58:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:59:06 [cbuilara]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:59:07 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
13:59:22 [Zakim]
+??P12
13:59:30 [AndyS]
zakim, P12 is me
13:59:30 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P12'
13:59:35 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P12 is me
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
13:59:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aabb
13:59:58 [LeeF]
bglimm, good thing i forgot to include your regrets ;-)
14:00:00 [MattPerry]
zakim, aabb is me
14:00:00 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
14:00:07 [bglimm]
;-) well done
14:00:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.489.aacc
14:00:31 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:00:40 [LeeF]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:00:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bglimm, kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, MattPerry, +1.617.489.aacc, LeeF
14:01:00 [kasei]
Zakim, who is talking?
14:01:10 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:01:10 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:01:11 [Zakim]
kasei, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bglimm (55%), AndyS (21%), LeeF (4%)
14:02:03 [sandro]
zakim, aacc is Sandro
14:02:03 [Zakim]
+Sandro; got it
14:02:12 [OlivierCorby]
pass code not valid ...
14:02:23 [kasei]
yup
14:02:51 [AndyS]
scribe: AndyS
14:02:56 [AndyS]
scribenick: AndyS
14:03:01 [AndyS]
topic: Admin
14:03:02 [Souri]
Souri has joined #sparql
14:03:04 [LeeF]
topic: Admin
14:03:11 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-04-05
14:03:31 [AndyS]
Last weeks meeting was not quorate.
14:03:35 [Zakim]
+Souri
14:03:56 [AndyS]
tests approved (syntax, pp tests)
14:04:10 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-04-05
14:04:27 [AndyS]
LeeF: next meeting in one week
14:04:31 [AndyS]
... same time
14:04:33 [LeeF]
Next regular meeting: 2011-04-26 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EDT (scribe: Alex or Olivier)
14:04:42 [AndyS]
... Alex or Olivier to scribe.
14:04:55 [Zakim]
+OlivierCorby
14:05:28 [AndyS]
... in general, we are heading to LC decisions -- good for people to attend TC's to exprss support.
14:05:46 [AndyS]
subtopic: comments
14:05:56 [AndyS]
LeeF: No new comments.
14:06:28 [AndyS]
... asking editors to clear up-and-out comments esp anything not editorial.
14:06:42 [AndyS]
... key is substantive changes to LC docs
14:07:05 [AndyS]
... because LC means "we are done - will not change in substance"
14:07:28 [AndyS]
... if an impl would change then new LC needed and clock is reset
14:07:34 [AndyS]
q+
14:07:42 [LeeF]
ack AndyS
14:07:53 [LeeF]
AndyS: one property path comment is near to substantive comment
14:08:03 [LeeF]
... related to expectations on invariants in paths
14:08:26 [LeeF]
... not a mistake as much as a difference in expectation
14:09:25 [AndyS]
AndyS: will bring discussion to mailing list
14:09:28 [LeeF]
topic: To Last Call
14:10:22 [LeeF]
IMPORTANT: Our goal is to make a decision to publish the majority of our specifications as Last Call at our May 3, 2011 telecon
14:10:45 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:11:19 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:11:19 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:11:33 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:11:33 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:11:42 [LeeF]
ACTION: Birte to review query draft to see if comments have been addressed appropriately
14:11:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-438 - Review query draft to see if comments have been addressed appropriately [on Birte Glimm - due 2011-04-26].
14:12:17 [AndyS]
LeeF to ask Steve to check aggregate tests to confirm design
14:13:02 [AndyS]
AndyS to fix bug in ZeroLengthPath ; fix RDF dataset merge defn. Some non-LC matters.
14:13:57 [AndyS]
LeeF: Procedurally, confirm with reviewers all matters have been attended to (as a round table in TC - pls note)
14:13:59 [Zakim]
+Bert
14:14:44 [AndyS]
subtopic: update
14:14:44 [LeeF]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:14:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bglimm (muted), kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, MattPerry, Sandro, LeeF, Souri, OlivierCorby, Bert
14:15:14 [AndyS]
Axel has been working with editors to address comments esp formal model. ready for next Tues
14:15:22 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
14:15:23 [AndyS]
... inc kasei comments
14:15:36 [AndyS]
... then one week for general review checking.
14:16:21 [AndyS]
subtopic: protocol
14:16:30 [Zakim]
+??P53
14:16:40 [AndyS]
LeeF: now in much more reasonable state.
14:16:53 [LeeF]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0046.html
14:16:53 [NickH]
zakim, ??P53 is me
14:16:53 [Zakim]
+NickH; got it
14:16:54 [AndyS]
... more work on it this week.
14:16:59 [Zakim]
-OlivierCorby
14:17:54 [AndyS]
.. add example and clean up. Editorial but quite a lot so not good to leave to "LC editting"
14:18:37 [AndyS]
... variety of things need addressing to make sure all comments addressed.
14:18:49 [AndyS]
... protocol is only a little behind LC schedule.
14:19:10 [AndyS]
subtopic: service description
14:19:22 [AndyS]
LeeF; Nico did a second set of comments.
14:20:01 [bglimm]
I can have a look
14:20:01 [AndyS]
kasei: one thing to address, about entailment. Unclear - needs coord with entailment people.
14:20:13 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:20:13 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:20:37 [AndyS]
bglimm: I can take a look at the comments.
14:20:38 [LeeF]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0043.html
14:20:50 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:20:50 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:21:52 [LeeF]
ACTION: Greg to coordinate with Lee to resolve Serv Desc dependencies on protocol document
14:21:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-439 - Coordinate with Lee to resolve Serv Desc dependencies on protocol document [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-04-26].
14:21:55 [AndyS]
LeeF: align to protocol - can deal with this with a brief IRC chat. Make sure anchors etc in doc to link to.
14:22:30 [AndyS]
... and serice description ready for 2 weeks time.
14:22:33 [AndyS]
subtopic: Graph Store HTTP Protocol
14:22:53 [AndyS]
Wiki page out of date - issues have been dealt with
14:24:28 [AndyS]
LeeF: chime has an action to look at entailement and negation tests.
14:24:43 [AndyS]
subtopic: entailment doc
14:24:44 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:24:44 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:25:02 [AndyS]
LeeF: Good shape. Waiting on comments from Jeff+colleague
14:25:10 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:25:10 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:25:38 [AndyS]
... chime has an outstanding action to review changes of RIF regimes -- done -- chime OK with that section.
14:25:51 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:25:51 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:26:13 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:26:13 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:26:14 [AndyS]
bglimm: no work planned, minor editorial only.
14:26:17 [Zakim]
-Sandro
14:26:24 [AndyS]
subtopic: federated query
14:26:35 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:26:38 [AndyS]
LeeF: Waiting for reviews from Axel and LeeF.
14:26:57 [AndyS]
subtopic: JSON results
14:27:17 [AndyS]
No progress. Unlikely to move at same time as other docs.
14:27:42 [AndyS]
Should not be a problem as it is a NOTE currently.
14:28:29 [AndyS]
AndyS: No substantive changes ... major editorial needs.
14:28:39 [AndyS]
subtopic: summary LC
14:28:44 [AndyS]
LeeF: Are we ready?
14:28:50 [AndyS]
(silence)
14:28:55 [LeeF]
topic: Parsing "18." in SPARQL
14:29:13 [LeeF]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0044.html
14:29:45 [AndyS]
LeeF: RDF-WG wants to std-ize Turtle.
14:30:05 [AndyS]
... one issues is that token 18. is a decimal.
14:30:31 [AndyS]
... suggestion that this is not good (e.g. DOT is end of triples)
14:30:46 [AndyS]
... need space for 18-integer and end of triple.
14:30:58 [AndyS]
... so make it digit needed after decimal point.
14:31:01 [LeeF]
18. would parse as "18"^^xsd:integer followed by the end of a triple
14:31:39 [AndyS]
... this is a change. Shall we regard it as a bug to be fixed or an incompatible change.
14:31:58 [AndyS]
... 3 options on 0044 (line above)
14:32:13 [AndyS]
... generally do (1) make change.
14:32:50 [AndyS]
... big red box to highlight it to LC as a change to SPARQL (a query can change meaning)
14:32:51 [AndyS]
q+
14:32:56 [LeeF]
ack AndyS
14:33:24 [LeeF]
AndyS's message with other potential incompatibility issues: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0049.html
14:33:32 [LeeF]
[ :p 1 ; :p 2 ]
14:33:36 [LeeF]
(1 2 3 4) .
14:33:41 [LeeF]
both legal in SPARQL, not in Turtle
14:34:12 [LeeF]
AndyS: also, "." not required at the end of BGP, but not at the end of the file in Turtle
14:34:22 [LeeF]
LeeF: it comes up in TriG more often :)
14:35:51 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to bring Turtle/SPARQL incompatibility issues to the attention of RDF WG
14:35:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-440 - Bring Turtle/SPARQL incompatibility issues to the attention of RDF WG [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:36:11 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:36:49 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point
14:37:05 [AndyS]
+1
14:37:12 [sandro]
+1
14:37:13 [pgearon]
+1
14:37:13 [NickH]
+1
14:37:21 [bglimm]
+1
14:37:37 [LeeF]
PROPOSED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point & add note about this change to LC draft
14:37:45 [bglimm]
+1
14:37:58 [LeeF]
RESOLVED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point & add note about this change to LC draft
14:38:44 [LeeF]
topic: test status
14:40:41 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases
14:40:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-441 - Follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:41:25 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/open
14:41:32 [AndyS]
LeeF: check on actions, issues and process
14:41:55 [AndyS]
ISSUE-19: Update and protocol doc will cover.
14:41:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-19 Security issues on SPARQL/UPdate notes added
14:42:18 [AndyS]
ISSUE-33 -- moot - WSDL not used any more - need to check
14:42:37 [AndyS]
ISSUE-60 - protocol doc
14:43:06 [AndyS]
ISSUE-65 - query and update are different query string name.
14:44:00 [AndyS]
LeeF: Any comments?
14:44:24 [AndyS]
(LeeF explains his strategy for WG)
14:45:30 [AndyS]
ISSUE-66 - CONCAT + ORDER BY
14:45:37 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:47:02 [AndyS]
AndyS: Adding it would not change one legal query to another
14:47:19 [AndyS]
LeeF: Next week will bring tio WG to close with "no change"
14:47:23 [AndyS]
actions ...
14:47:24 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open?sort=owner
14:48:47 [AndyS]
ACTION-404 is done.
14:48:53 [LeeF]
close ACTION-404
14:48:53 [trackbot]
Sorry... closing ACTION-404 failed, please let sysreq know about it
14:49:01 [LeeF]
close ACTION-379
14:49:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-379 Ask Chimezie to look at KK-6 and GR-3 closed
14:53:05 [kasei]
q+
14:54:06 [LeeF]
ack kasei
14:54:16 [LeeF]
ACTION: Lee to figure out why styling of RFC2119 tags is different across documents
14:54:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-442 - Figure out why styling of RFC2119 tags is different across documents [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:55:51 [AndyS]
adjourned
14:56:00 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:56:04 [MattPerry]
bye
14:56:04 [Zakim]
-Sandro
14:56:06 [Zakim]
-Bert
14:56:07 [Zakim]
-kasei
14:56:08 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:56:09 [Zakim]
-Souri
14:56:11 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please make logs public
14:56:11 [Zakim]
-NickH
14:56:11 [NickH]
Bye!
14:56:12 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:56:15 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:56:25 [Zakim]
-AndyS
14:56:26 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:56:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were bglimm, +1.310.729.aaaa, kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, +1.603.897.aabb, MattPerry, +1.617.489.aacc, LeeF, Sandro, Souri, OlivierCorby, Bert, NickH, pgearon
14:56:48 [AndyS]
zakim, please leave
14:56:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
15:03:22 [LeeF]
kasei, re: adding tests for SPARQL 1.0-isms, I think that's totally fine
15:23:02 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
17:21:23 [iv_an_ru_]
iv_an_ru_ has joined #sparql
18:12:53 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
19:23:44 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
20:19:44 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
20:26:09 [karl]
karl has joined #sparql
22:33:13 [AndyS1]
AndyS1 has joined #sparql