IRC log of mediaann on 2011-04-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:05:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:05:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-irc
10:05:44 [stegmai]
Zakim, this will be MAWG
10:05:44 [Zakim]
ok, stegmai; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 55 minutes
10:54:57 [jsderber]
jsderber has joined #mediaann
10:57:12 [jsderber]
zakim, this is mawg
10:57:12 [Zakim]
jsderber, I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be mawg".
10:57:50 [jsderber]
rrsagent, make log public
10:58:43 [jsderber]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Apr/0041.html
10:58:52 [jsderber]
chair: Joakim
10:59:32 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
10:59:38 [Zakim]
+??P0
10:59:47 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
11:00:06 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
11:00:24 [jsderber]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
11:00:24 [Zakim]
+jsderber; got it
11:00:38 [stegmai]
6294 is not a valid code - ?!?!
11:01:34 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:02:02 [wbailer]
wbailer has joined #mediaann
11:03:18 [Zakim]
+florian
11:03:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
11:03:29 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
11:03:30 [jsderber]
regrets: Thierry, Mari Carmen, Tobias
11:04:11 [Zakim]
+??P4
11:04:27 [pchampin]
zakim, ??P4 is me
11:04:27 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
11:05:06 [Zakim]
+??P5
11:05:25 [jsderber]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
11:05:25 [Zakim]
+jsderber; got it
11:05:55 [jsderber]
who can scribe?
11:06:04 [jsderber]
ok thanks
11:06:04 [fsasaki]
meeting: MAWG
11:06:07 [fsasaki]
chair: joakim
11:06:15 [jsderber]
scribe: Felix
11:06:23 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Apr/0041.html
11:06:35 [fsasaki]
topic: intro
11:06:53 [fsasaki]
joakim: had a meeting two weeks ago. Next meeting will be 3rd of May
11:07:09 [fsasaki]
.. when we will have Thierry back
11:07:12 [jsderber]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html
11:07:28 [jsderber]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html
11:07:37 [fsasaki]
joakim: any objections against accepting previous minutes?
11:08:41 [pchampin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/05-mediaann-minutes.html
11:09:04 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
11:09:17 [fsasaki]
topic: action items
11:09:24 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
11:09:39 [fsasaki]
ACTION-360
11:10:08 [fsasaki]
florian: currently implementing API, later will come up with full-fleshed test suite later
11:10:58 [fsasaki]
ACTION-405 - will keep it open
11:11:24 [fsasaki]
ACTION-406 - has been done
11:11:35 [fsasaki]
joakim: did not get a response, will keep it open
11:11:41 [fsasaki]
.. and talk to Apple again
11:12:01 [wbailer]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Apr/0021.html
11:12:06 [fsasaki]
ACTION-407 done
11:12:16 [fsasaki]
joakim: see above link
11:12:36 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-407
11:12:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-407 Send a proposal for changes in the type definitions of the core properties closed
11:12:56 [fsasaki]
werner: will implement the proposed change - question is who will do the edits
11:14:23 [fsasaki]
action: thierry or another editor of the ontology to implement the changes proposed for ACTION-407
11:14:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-409 - Or another editor of the ontology to implement the changes proposed for ACTION-407 [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-04-26].
11:15:09 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-408
11:15:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-408 Write a better description for property 'rating' closed
11:15:21 [fsasaki]
joakim: will talk to thierry about making the edits to the draft
11:15:36 [fsasaki]
close ACTION-408
11:15:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-408 Write a better description for property 'rating' closed
11:16:41 [fsasaki]
topic: response to HTML5 WG
11:16:55 [Zakim]
+ +41.22.717.aaaa
11:16:57 [fsasaki]
werner: critisim is about the way the API is designed
11:17:36 [fsasaki]
.. have the impression that this is in the direction of dougs comments
11:18:20 [fsasaki]
joakim: this comment is from an invited expert in the HTML WG
11:18:43 [fsasaki]
florian: would be good to see how the html5 WG sees this
11:19:27 [fsasaki]
florian: could give them a motivation why this design was choosen
11:20:10 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0225.html
11:22:16 [fsasaki]
felix: just FYI, silvia who is also in our group is also sharing the concern of Danny Ayers
11:22:34 [fsasaki]
pchampin: 2nd part of the mail from D. Ayers seems to be related to the ontology
11:22:42 [fsasaki]
+1
11:22:49 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0201.html
11:22:56 [jsderber]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0201.html,
11:22:59 [fsasaki]
"Secondarily - I personally believe the way the ontology is used here
11:23:01 [fsasaki]
is wrong-minded. ... "
11:23:33 [fsasaki]
pchampin: a bit surprised that silvia is surporting Danny's position
11:24:03 [fsasaki]
jp: not sure whether he is pointing at the RDF
11:24:10 [fsasaki]
pchampin: not sure either
11:24:50 [fsasaki]
jp: I think he is wrong, if you want interoperability you need a common ontology
11:26:56 [fsasaki]
werner: first we should clarify that the ontology and the API are two different things
11:27:13 [stegmai]
+1 werner
11:27:22 [pchampin]
+1 werner
11:27:35 [fsasaki]
werner: I agree that if you want interop you have to agree on something
11:27:43 [fsasaki]
.. the other point is the discussion of the API
11:29:26 [fsasaki]
joakim: could try to get HTML5 folks on our train
11:29:37 [fsasaki]
florian: +1
11:29:48 [fsasaki]
joakim: who wants to formulate a response?
11:30:25 [fsasaki]
jp: he is not happy with the API, that is clear, but the other problems he has need to be clearer
11:31:25 [Zakim]
-wbailer
11:32:03 [wbailer]
sorry, i dropped out - that was not the response to joakim's question :)
11:32:22 [fsasaki]
action: werner to make a propsoal for a response to the html5 folks
11:32:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-410 - Make a propsoal for a response to the html5 folks [on Werner Bailer - due 2011-04-26].
11:32:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:33:31 [fsasaki]
present: joakim, werner, jp, pchampin, stegmail
11:33:52 [fsasaki]
topic: Metadata format files for the Ontology
11:34:09 [fsasaki]
joakim: any need for discussion?
11:34:55 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:35:45 [fsasaki]
action: mari to gather the metadata files from Apple
11:35:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-411 - Gather the metadata files from Apple [on Mari Carmen Suarez-Figueroa - due 2011-04-26].
11:36:22 [fsasaki]
topic: Revision of the API document
11:36:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:36:46 [fsasaki]
florian: have not done any editing, we first need to make a decision
11:37:50 [fsasaki]
werner: talked about thatt, mail was about changes in the document
11:38:01 [fsasaki]
joakim: any objections against the changes?
11:38:23 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: changes proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Apr/0021.html adopted
11:38:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:39:10 [fsasaki]
topic: AOB
11:39:47 [fsasaki]
pchampin: I sent a proposal to the list about dates in the ontology, that will have influence on the API too
11:40:08 [fsasaki]
.. problem is that in many legacy formats date time is defined differently than in XML Schema
11:40:20 [fsasaki]
.. this problem is very common, e.g. in ID3
11:40:36 [fsasaki]
.. in the ontology and the API we are asking for the use of dateTime
11:40:43 [fsasaki]
.. that might not be the best thing to do
11:41:03 [fsasaki]
.. I made the proposal to leave it to implementers to keep the date as described in the original data
11:41:18 [fsasaki]
.. felix pointed out that there are a number of XML schema data types to do that
11:41:22 [pchampin]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html#date
11:41:38 [fsasaki]
.. that needs to be defined in the ontology and explained in the API doc
11:42:32 [fsasaki]
.. what does the group think about this?
11:42:45 [fsasaki]
.. if the group thinks this is a good idea I can write a propsoal
11:42:47 [fsasaki]
+1
11:42:58 [wbailer]
+1
11:43:00 [jsderber]
+1, i recognize the problem
11:43:10 [pchampin]
ok then :)
11:43:40 [stegmai]
+1
11:43:51 [pchampin]
zakim, who is on the phone?
11:43:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jsderber, stegmai, felix (muted), pchampin (muted), jsderber.a, +41.22.717.aaaa, wbailer
11:43:53 [jsderber]
Jean Pierre, are you there?
11:44:07 [pchampin]
action pchampin to write a proposal explaining how/when to use incomplete dates
11:44:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-412 - Write a proposal explaining how/when to use incomplete dates [on Pierre-Antoine Champin - due 2011-04-26].
11:44:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:44:35 [fsasaki]
joakim: thanks. adjourn the meeting?
11:44:44 [fsasaki]
adjourned
11:44:57 [Zakim]
-stegmai
11:44:58 [Zakim]
-wbailer
11:44:59 [Zakim]
-felix
11:45:05 [Zakim]
-pchampin
11:45:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
11:45:13 [Zakim]
-jsderber.a
11:45:45 [jsderber]
thanks for scribing!
11:45:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/19-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:00:54 [Zakim]
- +41.22.717.aaaa
12:05:55 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, jsderber, in IA_MAWG()7:00AM
12:05:58 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:06:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were jsderber, wbailer, [IPcaller], felix, pchampin, +41.22.717.aaaa, stegmai
14:04:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann