IRC log of er on 2011-04-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:18:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:18:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:18:51 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:18:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:18:53 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:18:53 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
12:18:54 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:18:54 [trackbot]
Date: 13 April 2011
12:19:17 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:19:42 [shadi]
12:20:11 [cstrobbe]
cstrobbe has joined #er
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ [All] fix grammar and spelling issues
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ [EARL Schema] clarify the target audience
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ [All] Conformance and new EARL 1.0 Guide
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ [HTTP-in-RDF] use of dct:identifier
12:21:08 [shadi]
agenda+ [Content-in-RDF] Content Class
12:21:10 [shadi]
agenda+ [EARL Schema] clarify the aspect of casting in example 6
12:21:12 [shadi]
agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule
12:21:35 [cstrobbe]
zakim, has finito la siesta?
12:21:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, cstrobbe.
12:27:29 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosI
12:28:01 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:28:08 [Zakim]
12:29:59 [rui]
rui has joined #er
12:30:07 [Zakim]
12:30:29 [Zakim]
12:30:52 [shadi]
zakim, ? is Philip
12:30:52 [Zakim]
+Philip; got it
12:31:53 [carlosV]
carlosV has joined #er
12:32:21 [kostas]
kostas has joined #er
12:32:22 [Zakim]
+ +30231125aaaa
12:32:35 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Kostas
12:32:35 [Zakim]
+Kostas; got it
12:32:57 [Zakim]
12:33:33 [rui]
zakim, ? is me
12:33:33 [Zakim]
+rui; got it
12:33:59 [shadi]
scribe: Rui
12:34:06 [shadi]
scribenick: rui
12:34:25 [Zakim]
12:34:49 [shadi]
zakim, ? is CarlosV
12:34:49 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:35:18 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:35:18 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:35:52 [shadi]
12:36:14 [rui]
Shadi: brief discussion & recap of last week's resolutions and the week's e-mail exchanges
12:36:24 [rui]
zakim, who's making noise?
12:36:35 [Zakim]
rui, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Philip (5%), CarlosV (22%)
12:38:21 [carlosV]
zakim, mute me
12:38:21 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
12:38:26 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:38:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "[All] fix grammar and spelling issues" taken up [from shadi]
12:38:43 [shadi]
12:39:28 [rui]
Shadi: approving changes on grammar and spelling issues
12:40:16 [kostas]
shadi did you check also my comments?
12:40:19 [rui]
ER WG to glance through the documents once again
12:40:50 [rui]
ETA until the end of the week
12:41:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:41:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[EARL Schema] clarify the target audience" taken up [from shadi]
12:41:28 [shadi]
12:41:47 [carlosV]
zakim, unmute me
12:41:47 [Zakim]
CarlosV should no longer be muted
12:41:47 [shadi]
12:42:08 [shadi]
"The assumed audience of this specification is developers who are implementing EARL in software or processes"
12:42:11 [rui]
cstrobbe: discussion about the target audience
12:42:56 [rui]
wording should be improved with regards to the target audience (developers) who are implementing EARL
12:43:46 [rui]
to be further clarified on discussion on conformance issues
12:44:43 [rui]
Shadi: broadening of target audience on conformance section (e.g., semantic web developers)
12:45:31 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:45:31 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "[All] Conformance and new EARL 1.0 Guide" taken up [from shadi]
12:46:04 [shadi]
12:46:26 [rui]
Shadi: summary of discussions on conformance
12:47:30 [rui]
there's consensus on moving the conformance section elsewhere, acceptance to move into EARL Guide
12:47:40 [rui]
schemas will be just vocabulary definitinos
12:47:49 [rui]
12:48:07 [rui]
EARL Guide to be renamed/refocused into EARL Guide for Developers
12:49:26 [rui]
carlosV: I don't like the idea so much
12:50:08 [rui]
CCPP has conformance information inside the spec
12:50:53 [rui]
(further discussion ensues on vocabularies with conformance sections inside/outside schema definitions)
12:52:44 [shadi]
scribe: kostas
12:54:26 [kostas]
if conformance will not be changed then what would be included in conformance for consumers...??
12:55:17 [Zakim]
12:55:28 [kostas]
shadi:added value of semantic and syntax
12:59:31 [kostas]
i cannot hear carlosV
13:01:54 [kostas]
carlosV: with foaf and doap it will not be possible to customize 100% the serialization
13:02:40 [kostas]
shadi: will ask for comments
13:02:47 [carlosV]
thanx, cs :-)
13:03:25 [kostas]
shadi:change the EARL guide 1.0 to developer Guide for EARL 1.0, and shortening some of the introductrory part
13:03:29 [kostas]
of the conformance section
13:04:20 [kostas]
add conformace reports and other staff to the report
13:05:15 [rui]
13:05:39 [kostas]
carlosV: the conformance from all sections?
13:05:46 [kostas]
shadi: yes all the conformace sections
13:06:00 [carlosV]
+1 with reservations
13:07:03 [kostas]
13:07:57 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: change EAR guide 1.0 to Developer Guide for EARL 1.0, shorten introductory contents, add conformance reports
13:09:05 [kostas]
shadi: will be happy to provide more details for the next meeting
13:11:00 [kostas]
shadi: move the conformace from all the documents and add them to the EARL guide
13:11:24 [shadi]
action: shadi to provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0"
13:11:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-120 - Provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-04-20].
13:11:36 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:11:36 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "[HTTP-in-RDF] use of dct:identifier" taken up [from shadi]
13:12:10 [shadi]
13:12:43 [shadi]
13:13:11 [cstrobbe]
List of status codes:
13:13:45 [shadi]
13:14:25 [shadi]
13:15:40 [kostas]
shadi: there is the statuscodeNumber should be included in the statuscode class?
13:16:35 [kostas]
shadi: make the statuscodenumber a subproperty of dct:identifier?
13:19:09 [shadi]
13:20:29 [kostas]
shadi: david remahl suggested that because we are using dct title we could use dct identifier
13:21:45 [kostas]
in the example of david there is an error in the statuscodenumber (404) within the dct identifier (302)
13:23:00 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
13:23:14 [cstrobbe]
13:23:23 [cstrobbe]
13:23:51 [kostas]
shadi: another option is to use an integer
13:25:03 [kostas]
shadi: maybe we could use integer instead of literal but shadi isn;t sure
13:25:19 [kostas]
shadi:will send sth by email
13:25:33 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 8
13:25:33 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Upcoming meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
13:25:44 [shadi]
13:27:00 [kostas]
shadi: within the next 3 weeks (next 3 meetings) we have to publish the documents
13:28:02 [kostas]
shadi:until 4th of May we have to approve the draft
13:30:07 [Zakim]
13:30:09 [Zakim]
13:30:11 [Zakim]
13:30:18 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:30:18 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:30:18 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Philip, +30231125aaaa, Kostas, rui, CarlosV
13:30:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:30:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
13:30:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:30:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in :
13:30:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0" [1]
13:30:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
13:30:25 [rui]
rui has left #er
13:30:27 [Zakim]