IRC log of dap on 2011-04-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:13:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:13:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-irc
13:13:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:13:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:13:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:13:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 47 minutes
13:13:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
13:13:34 [trackbot]
Date: 13 April 2011
13:14:06 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0071.html
13:14:48 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:14:51 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
13:15:00 [fjh]
Regrets+ Cecile_Marc
13:16:05 [fjh]
Regrets+ John_Morris, Niklas_Widell
13:45:23 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
13:54:50 [Kyungtak]
Kyungtak has joined #dap
13:55:10 [Kyungtak]
Present+ Kyung-Tak_Lee
13:57:36 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:57:44 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:57:46 [fjh]
zakim, ?? ius me
13:57:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand '?? ius me', fjh
13:57:53 [fjh]
zakim, ?? is me
13:57:53 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:57:58 [fjh]
zakim, safwioj is iaourwe;ljr32
13:57:58 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'safwioj'
13:58:33 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
13:58:43 [jgiraud]
Present+ Jerome_Giraud
14:00:05 [jgiraud]
sorry but I can't connect over the phone
14:00:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.534.aaaa
14:00:50 [lgombos]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
14:00:55 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:00:59 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:01:22 [dom]
Zakim, code?
14:01:22 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
14:01:26 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is lgombos
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+lgombos; got it
14:01:34 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:01:35 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
14:01:38 [dom]
Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:01:38 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:01:41 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, lgombos, darobin, dom
14:01:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AnssiK, jgiraud, Kyungtak, darobin, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, wmaslowski, lgombos, richt, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:02:38 [dom]
Zakim, who's muted?
14:02:38 [Zakim]
I see no one muted
14:03:07 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:03:19 [Zakim]
-dom
14:03:24 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.144.aabb
14:03:51 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
14:04:16 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, lgombos, darobin, +44.208.144.aabb
14:04:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, AnssiK, jgiraud, Kyungtak, darobin, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, wmaslowski, lgombos, richt, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:04:18 [Cathy]
Present+ Cathy_Chan
14:04:24 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:04:29 [dom]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
14:04:29 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:04:39 [dom]
Zakim, aabb is probably rich
14:04:39 [Zakim]
+rich?; got it
14:05:07 [richt]
Zakim, aabb is richt
14:05:07 [Zakim]
sorry, richt, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
14:05:20 [darobin]
Zakim, richt is really richt
14:05:20 [Zakim]
sorry, darobin, I do not recognize a party named 'richt'
14:05:25 [darobin]
Zakim, richt? is really richt
14:05:25 [Zakim]
sorry, darobin, I do not recognize a party named 'richt?'
14:05:33 [darobin]
Zakim, rich is really richt
14:05:35 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
14:05:54 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:07:38 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:07:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, lgombos, darobin, richt, dom
14:07:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, Cathy, AnssiK, jgiraud, Kyungtak, darobin, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, wmaslowski, lgombos, richt, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:08:00 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aacc
14:08:14 [richt]
I can scribe if you like.
14:08:19 [fjh]
zakim, aacc is claes
14:08:19 [Zakim]
+claes; got it
14:08:25 [richt]
ScribeNick: richt
14:08:44 [richt]
TOPIC: Adminstrative
14:08:49 [fjh]
vCard status, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0045.html
14:08:58 [richt]
TOPIC: Minutes Approval
14:09:03 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/att-0039/minutes-2011-04-06.html
14:09:10 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved
14:09:14 [richt]
SOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved
14:09:16 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved
14:09:31 [richt]
TOPIC: Upcoming DAP F2F
14:09:36 [fjh]
Questionnaire results : http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/juljun-f2f/results
14:10:00 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:10:02 [fjh]
result looks like 19-21 july near paris
14:10:40 [Cathy_]
Cathy_ has joined #dap
14:11:08 [dom]
[I won't be there, but Francois Daoust will probably attend in my stead]
14:11:12 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Next F2F will be 19-21 July
14:11:26 [richt]
TOPIC: DAP Charter
14:11:37 [fjh]
Proposed charter (revised) http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
14:11:37 [fjh]
intents, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0053.html (Claes)
14:11:37 [fjh]
local service discovery, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0068.html (Dave Raggett)
14:11:37 [fjh]
feature permissions, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0070.html (Frederick)
14:11:42 [richt]
fjh: dom made some updates and we've had some discussions on list
14:12:00 [richt]
fjh: proposed some language for feature permissions
14:12:09 [fjh]
ACTION-343?
14:12:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-343 -- Richard Tibbett to propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter -- due 2011-03-02 -- OPEN
14:12:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/343
14:12:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.266.aadd
14:12:20 [dom]
[we should probably send a call for last input on the charter to the list, if we want to resolve to approve the charter before the end of this month]
14:12:29 [darobin]
+1
14:12:35 [fjh]
close ACTION-343
14:12:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-343 Propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter closed
14:12:48 [dom]
[you]
14:12:57 [Zakim]
+??P27
14:13:04 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P27 is me
14:13:04 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:13:11 [fjh]
action: fjh to send call for last input on charter to list
14:13:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-382 - Send call for last input on charter to list [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-04-20].
14:13:15 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:13:19 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:13:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, lgombos, darobin, richt, dom, claes, ??P22, +1.781.266.aadd, AnssiK
14:13:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy_, Claes, AnssiK, jgiraud, Kyungtak, darobin, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, wmaslowski, lgombos, richt, ilkka, ingmar, dom, trackbot
14:13:33 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
14:13:36 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:13:39 [fjh]
zakim, aadd is cathy_
14:13:39 [Zakim]
+cathy_; got it
14:13:43 [dom]
Zakim, aadd is Cathy
14:13:43 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named 'aadd'
14:13:58 [richt]
TOPIC: Editorial Updates
14:14:12 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:14:22 [richt]
darobin: HTML Media Capture...what's the status?
14:14:34 [richt]
darobin: have there been updates?
14:14:47 [dom]
[no recent update, still open issue with regard to combination of attributeß]
14:14:58 [richt]
darobin: action seems to be done.
14:15:12 [AnssiK]
+1 for publishing it
14:15:40 [richt]
darobin: go ahead and publish and ask for feedback?
14:15:48 [fjh]
+1 to publish early and often, e.g. HTML Media capture, updated WD (correction to agenda)
14:15:57 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Publish HTML Media Capture as an updated draft
14:16:08 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to handle publication of HTML Media Capture WD
14:16:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-383 - Handle publication of HTML Media Capture WD [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
14:16:37 [richt]
darobin: Next item is Messaging API. Do we want to do CfC?
14:16:46 [dom]
"decision, wait a week for feedback, then pubiish WD next week "
14:17:05 [dom]
+1
14:17:11 [richt]
darobin: no new feedback so again happy to publish
14:17:14 [dom]
"This draft proposes a vastly different approach to the previously published version, using URI schemes as a way to address different messaging protocols instead of using separate methods. The group is specifically looking for feedback on which approach is felt like the most useful."
14:17:17 [dom]
it is
14:17:18 [dom]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/
14:17:20 [richt]
fjh: note in document status to point to other version?
14:17:34 [fjh]
thanks see it now
14:17:41 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to handle publication of Messaging WD
14:17:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-384 - Handle publication of Messaging WD [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
14:17:43 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Publish updated draft of the Messaging API
14:17:59 [richt]
Next item is Status Events.
14:18:02 [fjh]
Battery Status Event
14:18:02 [fjh]
Agreed to publish FWPD after updates completed.
14:18:03 [fjh]
updated, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0051.html (Anssi)
14:18:03 [fjh]
additional, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0066.html
14:18:19 [richt]
AnssiK: feedback has been included in the spec
14:18:45 [richt]
AnssiK: Tried to address those comments directly in the spec or noting issues raised on the mailing list in the document.
14:18:49 [fjh]
draft http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/battery-status.html
14:18:52 [dom]
[we would need to send a CfC for the FPWD of battery status; it should probably highlight its relationship with SysInfo]
14:19:26 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to put out a CfC for Battery Event
14:19:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-385 - Put out a CfC for Battery Event [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-04-20].
14:19:41 [richt]
RESOLUTION: Put out a CfC for Battery Status Events
14:19:50 [richt]
Next up is Network Connection API.
14:19:54 [fjh]
Network Connection
14:19:54 [fjh]
CfC for FPWD after Suresh completes edits.
14:19:54 [fjh]
update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0064.html (Suresh)
14:20:00 [richt]
darobin: not sure if Suresh has finished his edits?
14:20:03 [dom]
"The only change that is pending is the "network change" event." "If this works I can go ahead and incorporate it."
14:20:26 [richt]
fjh: Suresh's email left us a little unsure.
14:20:50 [fjh]
s/unsure/unsure of whether to publish now/
14:20:54 [richt]
AnssiK: seems like a few properties got added. Concerned by mobile specific attributes
14:21:11 [richt]
+1 [too mobile specific in its attributes]
14:21:22 [dom]
AnssiK, could you send your concerns as a reply to the list?
14:21:34 [richt]
darobin: let's continue the discussion. would be good to get the draft in CVS.
14:21:37 [AnssiK]
dom, will do
14:22:05 [fjh]
+1 to draft in CVS
14:22:12 [fjh]
s/draft/putting draft/
14:22:28 [richt]
fjh: will put it in CVS
14:22:29 [dom]
network-properties-api?
14:22:38 [dom]
"network" is so generic
14:22:48 [dom]
"network-life-and-everything"
14:22:56 [richt]
fjh: network-connection URL prefix?
14:23:03 [richt]
fjh: done.
14:23:12 [richt]
this is a no bikeshedding zone :)
14:23:20 [richt]
Next up is Contacts API
14:24:01 [fjh]
Editor action (Rich) to update search filters
14:24:02 [richt]
darobin: action on richt to update section 5.2.2
14:24:08 [fjh]
contact error interface, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0040.html
14:24:17 [dom]
(contacts is our most advanced spec, it would be good to move it to LC sooner rather than later)
14:24:19 [richt]
richt: not yet done. not a priority to publish at this stage
14:24:38 [fjh]
+1 to dom on moving to LC earlier rather than later
14:24:54 [richt]
darobin: would be good if we could go to last call in early May (or something along that timeframe)
14:25:10 [Kangchan]
Kangchan has joined #dap
14:25:37 [dom]
(we had LC for Contacts Apr in our roadmap, so I guess this will need to be delayed one more time...)
14:25:41 [Zakim]
+cathy_.a
14:26:23 [richt]
richt: will try to update this section so we can publish. proving difficult to focus on this API right now since its not high priority in terms of implementation just now.
14:26:37 [richt]
darobin: more feedback to do with error interface
14:26:57 [darobin]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0040.html Contact error codes
14:27:45 [richt]
richt: have no strong opinions either way on the Contact error codes
14:28:02 [richt]
darobin: find it slightly more convenient with strings. just wondering when the error codes are used.
14:28:54 [richt]
richt: perhaps we could define when the error codes are thrown in the rules and algorithms of the spec.
14:29:03 [richt]
darobin: it's an interop problem otherwise.
14:29:18 [Zakim]
-cathy_
14:29:23 [richt]
darobin: will try to have a go at fixing this.
14:29:29 [richt]
richt: no problem for me.
14:29:34 [richt]
Next up is Calendar API
14:29:47 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to ping PH re FPWD of calendar
14:29:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-386 - Ping PH re FPWD of calendar [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-04-20].
14:29:55 [richt]
darobin: made a request to publish the Calendar API. Have not heard back from W3C management.
14:30:10 [richt]
darobin: we need permission to publish.
14:30:28 [richt]
darobin: as soon as that happens I'll do the pub request properly (pub rules)
14:30:38 [richt]
Next item - SysInfo
14:30:53 [richt]
darobin: perhaps difficult to discuss the proposed static properties without Suresh around.
14:30:58 [richt]
TOPIC: Issue review
14:31:04 [darobin]
ACTION-363?
14:31:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-363 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to see with Maria on how to proceed for updated messaging api draft -- due 2011-04-06 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:31:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/363
14:31:08 [richt]
fjh: don't need to do much here. we've been through this recently.
14:31:14 [darobin]
close ACTION-363
14:31:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-363 See with Maria on how to proceed for updated messaging api draft closed
14:31:27 [darobin]
close ACTION-367
14:31:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-367 Update HTML Media Capture with new attribute closed
14:31:44 [richt]
fjh: I've added the network connection draft to the CVS
14:31:56 [Zakim]
-dom
14:31:59 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:32:01 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:32:01 [Zakim]
-lgombos
14:32:03 [Zakim]
-cathy_.a
14:32:03 [richt]
darobin: that's it for now. call adjourned.
14:32:05 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:32:07 [Zakim]
-??P22
14:32:07 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
14:32:10 [Zakim]
-richt
14:32:15 [Zakim]
-claes
14:32:16 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:32:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:32:17 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:32:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were fjh, +1.781.534.aaaa, lgombos, darobin, dom, +44.208.144.aabb, rich?, richt, +46.1.08.01.aacc, claes, +1.781.266.aadd, AnssiK, cathy_
14:33:44 [fjh]
s/sorry but I can't connect over the phone//
14:33:53 [fjh]
s/I can scribe if you like.//
14:34:12 [fjh]
s/SOLUTION: Minutes from 6 April 2011 are approved//
14:34:35 [fjh]
s/[you]//
14:35:29 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:35:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:36:02 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:58:46 [fjh_]
action: fjh to put Network Information draft into CVS
14:58:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-387 - Put Network Information draft into CVS [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-04-20].
16:16:07 [fabrice]
fabrice has joined #dap
16:38:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
17:17:03 [fabrice]
fabrice has joined #dap
17:27:20 [fabrice]
fabrice has joined #dap
19:54:12 [fabrice_]
fabrice_ has joined #dap
20:40:58 [fabrice]
fabrice has joined #dap
22:28:26 [fabrice]
fabrice has joined #dap
22:45:36 [homata_]
homata_ has joined #dap
22:55:25 [homata]
homata has joined #dap
23:33:22 [homata]
homata has joined #dap