IRC log of au on 2011-04-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:51:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/11-au-irc
19:51:59 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:51:59 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 52 minutes ago
19:52:07 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:52:29 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0008.html
19:58:51 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:58 [Zakim]
+Bjorn_Bringert
20:00:34 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:01:19 [AleMiele]
AleMiele has joined #au
20:01:21 [Jan]
zakim, ??P1 is really Jan
20:01:21 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:02:11 [Zakim]
-Bjorn_Bringert
20:02:41 [Sarah]
Sarah has joined #au
20:02:49 [Jan]
hi sarah...
20:02:52 [Sarah]
Hi Jan. That was me. I'll try again.
20:03:05 [Sarah]
I'm using Google Voice from home - maybe not such a good idea.
20:03:09 [Jan]
were you calling by skype to Boston?
20:03:17 [Zakim]
+Greg
20:03:32 [Sarah]
I believe so. I called +1 617.761.6200.
20:03:58 [Zakim]
+Bjorn_Bringert
20:04:12 [Sarah]
Ok.
20:04:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:04:39 [Sarah]
Yep, let me just set it up. I can hear you clearly, so I will stay on the line while I get Skype up.
20:04:42 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Alessandro
20:04:42 [Zakim]
+Alessandro; got it
20:06:17 [judy]
judy has joined #au
20:07:03 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:07:15 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here/
20:07:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is here/', jeanne
20:07:21 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
20:07:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jan, Greg, Bjorn_Bringert, Alessandro
20:07:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jeanne, judy, Sarah, AleMiele, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:07:33 [Jan]
Regrets: Cherie. Alastair
20:07:37 [Jan]
Regrets: Cherie, Alastair
20:08:50 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
20:09:31 [Sarah]
Hi Jeanne. I can hear, but you can't hear me!
20:09:43 [Sarah]
You can't hear me at all?
20:10:07 [jeanne]
zakim, unmute Sarah
20:10:07 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Sarah
20:10:11 [Sarah]
Ok, let me look at system settings. I'm not on my usual computer.
20:10:34 [Sarah]
It didn't ask me for a name!
20:10:45 [jeanne]
zakim, Bjorn_Bringert is really Sarah
20:10:45 [Zakim]
+Sarah; got it
20:10:56 [jeanne]
zakim, unmute sarah
20:10:56 [Zakim]
Sarah was not muted, jeanne
20:11:21 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
20:11:34 [Sarah]
sorry jan, not on nomal comp, trying to get Skype installed.
20:11:46 [jeanne]
http://irc.w3.org/
20:11:59 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
20:14:52 [Jan]
Scribe: jeanne
20:15:20 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:15:30 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:15:36 [Jan]
zakim, ???P5 is really Andrew
20:15:36 [Zakim]
sorry, Jan, I do not recognize a party named '???P5'
20:15:41 [Jan]
zakim, ??P5 is really Andrew
20:15:41 [Zakim]
+Andrew; got it
20:15:55 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Alex
20:15:55 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
20:15:59 [ARonksley]
ARonksley has joined #au
20:17:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:17:42 [Zakim]
-Sarah
20:18:12 [jeanne]
zakim, Jan also has Sarah
20:18:12 [Zakim]
+Sarah; got it
20:18:14 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jutta
20:18:14 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:18:27 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:18:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jan, Greg, Alessandro, Jeanne, Andrew, Alex, Jutta
20:18:28 [Zakim]
Jan has Jan, Sarah
20:18:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ARonksley, Greg, jeanne, judy, Sarah, AleMiele, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:19:05 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0008.html
20:19:12 [Jan]
Topic: 1. New proposal "At Least as Prominent"
20:19:19 [Jan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0007.html
20:20:16 [Zakim]
+Sueann
20:24:21 [Jan]
AL: Suggests combining note 2 and 3
20:24:24 [Jan]
JR: agree
20:25:28 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept At least as prominent definition (with notes 2 and 3 combined) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0007.html
20:25:47 [jeanne]
no other objections. Agreement to combine 2 and 3, because 2 is the examples, and 3 is the same topic but an anti-example.
20:25:53 [Jan]
Topic: VOTE on whether to publish ATAG 2.0 as a (non-last call) public working draft.
20:26:46 [jeanne]
Alex: If we are supposed to review the comments, is there a reason to publish now before we have finished the comments.
20:27:54 [jeanne]
Jan: Our heartbeat publishing requirement is overdue. We need to publish, but since it isn't a Last Call, we don't have to have finished responding to all the July Last Call comments
20:28:13 [jeanne]
Alex: Are we going to publish another draft?
20:28:29 [Greg]
Greg +1
20:28:33 [jeanne]
Jan: Yes, it will either be a working draft or a Last Call Working Draft.
20:28:43 [jeanne]
All vote in favor
20:29:20 [Jan]
Topic: 3. Any feedback on group action to review the proposed comment responses for comment responses for: Level A Success Criteria for Part A (from comment: GG4 to OC13)
20:29:27 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-updated31mar2011.html
20:30:15 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:30:46 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:31:32 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:32:05 [jeanne]
zakim, P8 is really Jan
20:32:05 [Zakim]
sorry, jeanne, I do not recognize a party named 'P8'
20:32:22 [jeanne]
zakim, ??P8 is really Jan
20:32:22 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:32:28 [jeanne]
zakim, Jan has Sarah
20:32:28 [Zakim]
+Sarah; got it
20:33:06 [jeanne]
Alex: I reviewed the Microsoft comments and they are good.
20:33:22 [jeanne]
Jan: The Microsoft comments are comprehensive, so that is an excellent piece of work.
20:33:34 [jeanne]
TimB: I thought they looked good
20:33:43 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I thought they were good.
20:34:23 [jeanne]
Jutta: Are people ready to send these responses to the commenters?
20:34:30 [jeanne]
[no objections}
20:34:44 [Jan]
judy?
20:35:01 [judy]
yes, shall i join?
20:35:05 [Jan]
yes pls
20:35:05 [judy]
zakim, code?
20:35:05 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), judy
20:35:24 [Zakim]
+Judy
20:35:43 [judy]
zakim, who's here?
20:35:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Greg, Alessandro, Jeanne, Andrew, Alex, Jutta, Sueann, Tim_Boland, Jan, Judy
20:35:45 [Zakim]
Jan has Sarah
20:35:46 [jeanne]
Jan: Next assignment will be Part B.
20:35:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ARonksley, Greg, jeanne, judy, Sarah, AleMiele, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:36:19 [jeanne]
Topic: Judy Brewer visit to introduce the Gallery project
20:37:25 [jeanne]
Judy: This will be a "Grab and Go Gallery for Accessible Authoring". People have been working on since last July. It is not a sole W3C project,
20:38:36 [jeanne]
... Last July, there were events associated with the 20th anniversary of the US Americans With Disability Act. Two ideas were proposed, one being the Gallery, the other was a geolocation project.
20:39:21 [Sueann]
Sueann has joined #au
20:39:32 [judy]
challenge.gov
20:39:45 [judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/challenge-gallery/wiki/Grab_and_Go_Gallery
20:40:07 [jeanne]
... The first stage is to have a presence on Challenge.gov, where the US is presenting crowdsourcing projects for science and technology. This will be used to collect submissions to the Grab and Go Gallery.
20:40:49 [judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/challenge-gallery/wiki/Sources_Samples
20:40:50 [jeanne]
... we want to gather all sorts of components that will help people with accessible authoring. Some will be templates, and others will be widgets - components used for dynamic action
20:42:03 [jeanne]
Judy: the Sources and Samples are examples of accessible widgets. Some are from the Fluid Project that Jan and Jutta are associated with, others come from the AEGIS project, others come from the WAI-ARIA code library. We are hoping to get far more submissions than these.
20:42:32 [jeanne]
... we will review the submissions for accessibility, and successful submissions will be posted in the gallery.
20:43:18 [jeanne]
... I want this working group to be aware in case there are questions, and particularly so that members of this group can spread the word and encourage others to submit their work.
20:43:30 [jeanne]
Tim: What is the process?
20:44:13 [jeanne]
Judy: The Grab and Go Gallery link has a "how to submit". This is our draft materials, not the final challenge site.
20:44:21 [Jutta]
Jutta has joined #au
20:45:20 [jeanne]
Judy: You may want to wait until we make it official, because we are still editing license requirements, etc.
20:45:39 [jeanne]
Jeanne: the submissions can be international.
20:46:26 [jeanne]
Judy: Many of the examples we are starting with are international. It will probably be hosted by the CIO Council of the US, and there may be a mirror at the W3C.
20:46:41 [jeanne]
Jutta: It is great that we got the attention of the US White House about it.
20:47:45 [jeanne]
Judy: Depak Chopra is very interested. There is also an interest in the cost savings of having compnents available for sharing. There are also possibilities for premium-level components.
20:48:21 [judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/challenge-gallery/wiki/Testing
20:49:14 [jeanne]
... we were trying to make it as efficient as possible. For example, we want to have volunteers evaluating for accessibility, but we wanted to share the testing process so that authors submitting would know how we testing.
20:49:48 [jeanne]
... I am hoping that others in this group may be interested in volunteering to help.
20:50:38 [jeanne]
Jan: I sent some text clarifying when people need to test against ATAG.
20:51:13 [judy]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/challenge-gallery/wiki/Sources_Samples#Wish-list_of_Templates_and_Widgets
20:51:19 [jeanne]
... Alastair may be interested, as he works for a CMS who has templates. I will ping him on.
20:51:46 [jeanne]
Judy: I expect that more people are submitting widgets, and we are interested in templates, too.
20:52:17 [jeanne]
... You can see the wish list, one of which is accessible CAPTCHA. It needs to be WCAG AA conformant.
20:52:45 [jeanne]
... there are a number of people working on accessible CAPTCHA which is advancing the field.
20:53:15 [jeanne]
... we are also in testing trying to bring people back to ATAG references.
20:53:50 [jeanne]
Jutta: Usually this group has no reticence to critique things, so I think the lack of comments represents agreement.
20:54:05 [jeanne]
Judy: If people have quesions or comments please email me.
20:54:58 [Zakim]
-Judy
20:55:27 [Jan]
ASSIGNMENT FOR NEXT WEEK (April 18):
20:55:28 [Jan]
- Check comment responses for:
20:55:30 [Jan]
Level A Success Criteria for Part B (from comment: GG5 to GL33)
20:55:32 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-updated31mar2011.html
20:55:34 [Zakim]
-Alex
20:55:58 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:56:02 [Zakim]
-Sueann
20:56:05 [Zakim]
-Greg
20:56:20 [Zakim]
-Alessandro
20:56:21 [Zakim]
-Andrew
20:56:47 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:56:48 [Zakim]
-Jutta
20:56:56 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
20:56:58 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
20:56:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were Greg, Alessandro, Jeanne, Sarah, Andrew, Alex, Jutta, Sueann, Tim_Boland, Judy
20:57:08 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
20:57:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/11-au-minutes.html Jan
20:57:16 [Jan]
jeanne can I call you?
20:57:26 [jeanne]
Yes, 617-584-4545
20:57:28 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
20:57:48 [judy]
judy has left #au
20:57:59 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
20:57:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
20:58:05 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
20:58:05 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items