IRC log of css on 2011-04-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:29:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #css
15:29:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-css-irc
15:29:33 [glazou]
Zakim, this will be Style
15:29:34 [Zakim]
ok, glazou; I see Style_CSS FP()12:00PM scheduled to start in 31 minutes
15:29:39 [glazou]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:37:10 [kennyluck]
kennyluck has joined #css
15:50:38 [danielweck]
danielweck has joined #css
15:52:39 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #css
15:55:28 [mihara]
mihara has joined #css
15:56:00 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has now started
15:56:05 [bradk]
bradk has joined #css
15:56:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.527.aaaa
15:56:50 [Zakim]
+dsinger
15:56:59 [kojiishi]
kojiishi has joined #css
15:57:03 [stearns]
stearns has joined #css
15:57:24 [Zakim]
+??P20
15:57:32 [Zakim]
+??P29
15:57:38 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:57:40 [glazou]
Zakim, ?P29 is me
15:57:40 [Zakim]
sorry, glazou, I do not recognize a party named '?P29'
15:57:47 [glazou]
Zakim, ??P29 is me
15:57:47 [Zakim]
+glazou; got it
15:57:52 [Zakim]
+plinss
15:57:53 [Zakim]
+??P36
15:57:54 [sylvaing]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is sylvaing
15:57:54 [Zakim]
+sylvaing; got it
15:58:12 [jdaggett]
zakim, ?p20 is me
15:58:12 [Zakim]
sorry, jdaggett, I do not recognize a party named '?p20'
15:58:24 [jdaggett]
zakim, ??P20 is me
15:58:26 [Zakim]
+jdaggett; got it
15:58:30 [Zakim]
+hober
15:58:33 [Zakim]
+??P39
15:58:46 [Zakim]
+ChrisL
15:58:51 [danielweck]
Zakim, ??P39 is me
15:58:51 [Zakim]
+danielweck; got it
15:59:09 [glazou]
dsinger_: we're not the only ones starting a conf call on zakim right now I presume...
15:59:25 [mihara]
mihara has joined #css
15:59:31 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #css
15:59:35 [oyvind]
oyvind has joined #css
15:59:36 [JohnJan]
JohnJan has joined #css
15:59:52 [ChrisL]
zakim, status?
15:59:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ChrisL.
15:59:55 [Zakim]
+[Mozilla]
16:00:00 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:00:08 [Zakim]
+bradk
16:00:14 [Zakim]
-danielweck
16:00:18 [dsinger_]
zakim, who is here?
16:00:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.206.527.aaaa, dsinger (muted), jdaggett, glazou, sylvaing, plinss, ??P36, hober, ChrisL, dbaron, [Microsoft], bradk
16:00:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JohnJan, oyvind, dbaron, mihara, stearns, kojiishi, bradk, dsinger_, danielweck, kennyluck, RRSAgent, Zakim, sylvaing, myakura, krijnh, hober, jdaggett, ChrisL,
16:00:25 [JohnJan]
Zakim, microsoft has johnjan
16:00:30 [Zakim]
... glazou, karl, arronei, homata_, shepazu, davve`, plinss, fantasai, Hixie, Bert, TabAtkins, jgraham, gsnedders, trackbot, CSSWG_LogBot
16:00:35 [Zakim]
+johnjan; got it
16:00:37 [arronei]
zakim, microsoft has me
16:00:39 [stearns]
Zakim, +1.206.527.aaa is me
16:00:41 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:00:43 [Zakim]
+arronei; got it
16:00:47 [Zakim]
+stearns; got it
16:00:47 [duga]
duga has joined #css
16:00:55 [Zakim]
-glazou
16:00:55 [JohnJan]
zakim, microsoft has johnjan
16:01:01 [Zakim]
+johnjan; got it
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P51
16:01:13 [kojiishi]
zakim, ??P51 is me
16:01:16 [cesar]
cesar has joined #css
16:01:27 [Zakim]
+kojiishi; got it
16:01:37 [davve`]
davve` has left #css
16:01:38 [stearns]
Zakim, mute me
16:02:19 [Zakim]
stearns should now be muted
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+duga
16:02:25 [glazou]
Zakim, you lag where am I?
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+??P29
16:02:32 [glazou]
ah
16:02:37 [glazou]
Zakim, ??P29 is me
16:03:16 [glazou]
Zakim, who is on the phone ?
16:03:26 [glazou]
dsinger_: not only zakim
16:03:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, glazou.
16:03:32 [glazou]
lol
16:03:33 [Zakim]
+[Sophia]
16:03:49 [glazou]
dbaron: let's wait for her
16:03:53 [Zakim]
+glazou; got it
16:04:15 [fantasai]
zakim, who is here?
16:04:17 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:04:29 [Zakim]
+ +975183aabb
16:04:30 [jdaggett]
ouch
16:04:33 [jdaggett]
stop that
16:04:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see stearns (muted), dsinger (muted), jdaggett, sylvaing, plinss, ??P36, hober, ChrisL, dbaron, [Microsoft], bradk, [Microsoft.a], kojiishi, duga, glazou, [Sophia],
16:04:38 [Zakim]
... [IPcaller], +975183aabb
16:04:42 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has johnjan
16:04:51 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #css
16:05:25 [fantasai]
ScribeNick: fantasai
16:05:38 [Zakim]
+SteveZ
16:05:38 [TabAtkins_]
TabAtkins_ has joined #css
16:05:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see stearns (muted), dsinger (muted), jdaggett, sylvaing, plinss, ??P36, hober, ChrisL, dbaron, [Microsoft], bradk, [Microsoft.a], kojiishi, duga, glazou, [Sophia],
16:05:47 [Zakim]
... [IPcaller], +975183aabb, SteveZ
16:05:47 [fantasai]
glazou: CSS3 Namespaces, EPUB CSS Profile, Multi-Col, anything else to add to agenda?
16:05:49 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has johnjan
16:05:52 [fantasai]
TOpic: Administrative
16:05:59 [cesar]
I'm on the phone, too. Again, I don't know who I am. ;)
16:06:04 [fantasai]
glazou: ELika mentioned CSS3 Writing Modes
16:06:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aacc
16:06:15 [Bert]
zakim, Sophia is me
16:06:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see TabAtkins_, Cathy, cesar, duga, JohnJan, oyvind, dbaron, mihara, stearns, kojiishi, bradk, dsinger_, danielweck, kennyluck, RRSAgent, Zakim, sylvaing, myakura, krijnh,
16:06:26 [Zakim]
... hober, jdaggett, ChrisL, glazou, karl, arronei, homata_, shepazu, plinss, fantasai, Hixie, Bert, TabAtkins, jgraham, gsnedders, trackbot, CSSWG_LogBot
16:06:41 [Zakim]
+Bert; got it
16:06:55 [fantasai]
glazou: Discussed inviting Anton Prowse to WG. Peter and I discussed already. He demonstrates already good expertise on CSS.
16:07:01 [JohnJan_]
JohnJan_ has joined #css
16:07:05 [fantasai]
fantasai, dbaron, arron in favor.
16:07:09 [fantasai]
several: Let's do it.
16:07:10 [alexmog]
alexmog has joined #css
16:07:19 [fantasai]
Steve: At one point the group was very small, now it's much larger.
16:07:28 [fantasai]
Steve: What's the criteria for inviting experts?
16:07:34 [fantasai]
glazou: Bringing more expertise into the WG.
16:07:41 [dsinger_]
Who does he work for? Just to be sure it's not a company who could join
16:07:44 [fantasai]
glazou: Anton is a very sharp reviewer of our specs. Would be very useful.
16:07:57 [fantasai]
glazou: dsinger, that's a good point, we have to check that.
16:08:18 [fantasai]
glazou: Provided he is able to join, Peter and I will do necessary steps to invite him.
16:08:22 [fantasai]
Topic: F2F meeting
16:08:30 [fantasai]
glazou: First thing, we need to start gathering agenda items.
16:08:39 [fantasai]
glazou: There's a wiki for that, please add items.
16:08:49 [fantasai]
glazou: Next thing is location. I step aside from discussion, only listening
16:08:56 [fantasai]
Bert: Didn't we say 2 weeks rather than 1wk?
16:09:04 [fantasai]
Steve: I think we said we'd have a decision by next week.
16:09:07 [arronei]
arronei has joined #CSS
16:09:15 [fantasai]
sylvaing: I posted a poll to the csswg internal list
16:09:20 [fantasai]
sylvaing: we have ? answers, which is good.
16:09:25 [fantasai]
sylvaing: 3 cannot come to any location
16:09:27 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Leaves 19
16:09:36 [fantasai]
sylvaing: 2 guys would go anywhere but are undecided
16:09:41 [fantasai]
sylvaing: so 17 attendees confirmed
16:09:49 [howcome]
howcome has joined #css
16:09:52 [smfr]
smfr has joined #css
16:10:09 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Number 1 location with maximum number is US at 16, Europe is 15
16:10:14 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Non-Japa Asia is 14
16:10:20 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Osaka or Kyoto is 13
16:10:24 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Tokyo is 12
16:10:38 [Evan]
Evan has joined #css
16:10:41 [fantasai]
sylvaing: We already have space in Tokyo, Sophia in Europe
16:10:43 [glazou]
smfr: D'OH !!!!
16:10:44 [ChrisL]
zakim, who is here?
16:10:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see stearns (muted), dsinger (muted), jdaggett, sylvaing, plinss, ??P36, hober, ChrisL, dbaron, [Microsoft], bradk, [Microsoft.a], kojiishi, duga, glazou, Bert,
16:10:47 [Zakim]
... [IPcaller], +975183aabb, SteveZ, +1.650.214.aacc
16:10:50 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has johnjan
16:10:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Evan, smfr, howcome, arronei, alexmog, JohnJan_, TabAtkins_, Cathy, cesar, duga, oyvind, dbaron, mihara, stearns, kojiishi, bradk, dsinger_, danielweck, kennyluck,
16:10:55 [Zakim]
... RRSAgent, Zakim, sylvaing, myakura, krijnh, hober, jdaggett, ChrisL, glazou, karl, homata_, shepazu, plinss, fantasai, Hixie, Bert, TabAtkins, jgraham, gsnedders, trackbot,
16:10:55 [fantasai]
sylvaing: so need to consider also the workshop in Tokyo and other things.
16:10:57 [Zakim]
... CSSWG_LogBot
16:11:01 [Cathy_]
Cathy_ has joined #css
16:11:05 [fantasai]
Steve: Do we have a host in Japan outside of Tokyo?
16:11:17 [fantasai]
sylvaing: we can't
16:11:23 [fantasai]
glazou: Koji sent an email about that an hour ago
16:11:30 [fantasai]
tab: Looking at options, nothing nailed down.
16:11:40 [fantasai]
Steve: Didn't need something nailed down until next week.
16:11:54 [fantasai]
Koji: We have places available, just evaluating which ones are better for transportation.
16:12:00 [glazou]
smfr: sorry for that :-(
16:12:05 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Who's hosting? Who's paying for lunches, etc.
16:12:25 [glazou]
howcome: apparently !!! dunno where it comes from
16:12:26 [fantasai]
Koji: Haven't confirmed ... place fee, several are free (MS, university)
16:12:32 [stearns]
I will drop so howcome can get in
16:12:36 [glazou]
ChrisL: anything doable now ?
16:12:38 [Zakim]
-stearns
16:12:43 [ChrisL]
Redmond would be fine for me
16:12:45 [fantasai]
Koji: not sure about lunches etc.
16:12:45 [glazou]
thanks stearns !
16:13:05 [fantasai]
jdaggett: If we go to Kyoto, and we don't have a clear sponsor of the meeting, but we're sort of coordinating with groups that can provide a meeting space
16:13:13 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Are we ok having a meeting where everyone goes dutch?
16:13:14 [ChrisL]
glazou i will ask sysreq to increase the number of slots. but that won't help today
16:13:19 [fantasai]
Steve, Tab: sounds ok
16:13:23 [ChrisL]
i can dro to les someone else in
16:13:24 [glazou]
ChrisL: ok
16:13:32 [ChrisL]
zakim, drop me
16:13:32 [Zakim]
ChrisL is being disconnected
16:13:34 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
16:13:39 [Zakim]
+ +47.21.65.aadd
16:13:42 [glazou]
smfr: try now
16:13:56 [fantasai]
Brad asks why not Tokyo, given only one person would make Kyoto rather than Tokyo
16:14:09 [dsinger_]
It does sound as if we lose only one person BECAUSE it is Tokyo...
16:14:27 [fantasai]
Brad: Seems ppl not wanting to go to Tokyo, almost all just can't go to Japan
16:14:51 [fantasai]
Sylvain: Steve was not comfortable with Tokyo.
16:15:00 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Didn't get an answer from Bert
16:15:10 [fantasai]
Tab: Howcome said he can't come, schedule-wise.
16:15:39 [ChrisL]
CSS WG is set for 20 participants; i wil ask for increase to 25. should happen for next week but not this call
16:15:40 [ChrisL]
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_1160
16:15:53 [fantasai]
Bert: No to Tokyo, yes to everything else
16:16:06 [fantasai]
jdaggett: So Tokyo vs. Kyoto is we pick up Steve and Bert if we go to Kyoto
16:16:12 [fantasai]
jdaggett: I think that's important to point out
16:16:31 [fantasai]
Tab: If we must go outside of Tokyo, I really don't want to go outside Japan, because we will miss out on workshop
16:16:39 [fantasai]
Tab: and the attendees there.
16:16:40 [Zakim]
+smfr
16:16:54 [fantasai]
jdaggett: I'm uncomfortable with uncertainty of coordination in Kyoto
16:17:02 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Don't have solid logistics in place
16:17:10 [fantasai]
sylvaing: We have another week to confirm everything.
16:17:22 [fantasai]
sylvaing: If everyone is comfortable going dutch, then I can coordinate with Koji on hosting.
16:17:32 [fantasai]
jdaggett: So you can have a location, but just not sponsor meals.
16:17:33 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Right.
16:18:01 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Have the space, just a matter of coordinating logistics, access on Saturday, etc.
16:18:12 [fantasai]
kojiishi: Other than the place, what do I need to prepare? Just lunch?
16:18:23 [ChrisL]
network
16:18:34 [fantasai]
jdaggett: We just decided that we will share the cost, so that just means coordinating for the lunch meals, but that shouldn't be most of your problem.
16:18:37 [dsinger_]
Lunch in Kyoto center is easy
16:18:55 [fantasai]
kojiishi: Seems people prefer Kyoto instead of Osaka. Thanks to MS we have Osaka place.
16:19:01 [dsinger_]
We have had moeg and bluray there
16:19:05 [fantasai]
kojiishi: I will look for Kyoto place
16:19:20 [fantasai]
some discussion of availability of venues
16:19:41 [glazou]
Zakim, who is noisy?
16:19:44 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Confirm with network access.
16:19:52 [Zakim]
glazou, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: kojiishi (100%)
16:19:54 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Conditions we have are, we need location that has good network access -- not a lot of blocked ports
16:20:01 [fantasai]
jdaggett: And a projector
16:20:06 [glazou]
kojiishi: your telephone does _a lot_ of noise
16:20:16 [fantasai]
sylvaing: And we need access on Saturday
16:20:41 [fantasai]
sylvaing: I'll get you details for room in Osaka, and we'll finalize that next week.
16:20:48 [ChrisL]
also please note that SVG WG had also settled on Japan, and wanted a shared day with CSS WG
16:21:00 [fantasai]
Steve: Given we need at least another day for the workshop, would people in Japan feel more comfortable in Kyoto or Osaka?
16:21:02 [ChrisL]
is that still feasible, wherever the CSS WG ends up?
16:21:31 [fantasai]
kojiishi: Since most companies are based in Tokyo, we're thinking to have first day a week before in Tokyo
16:21:39 [glazou]
wow
16:21:43 [fantasai]
kojiishi: Then bring people who want to speak with WG west
16:21:46 [mihara]
I can ask my company, NTT to pay for the place in Kyoto but not sure about lunch.
16:22:16 [ChrisL]
lunch is entirely optional. noproblem to get our own lunch
16:22:18 [fantasai]
Steve: Interpretation of going dutch is that all of us would be happy to contribut to cost of lunch, but it's much better logistically if we can get it catered
16:22:31 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Yeah, we just ordered boxed lunches
16:22:37 [fantasai]
Steve: Yes, that means we can get over lunch faster
16:22:48 [ChrisL]
yes, downside to going to a restaurant for lunch is that the break becomes 1.5 hours or so
16:22:51 [fantasai]
sylvaing: At this point are we cancelling F2F in Tokyo, or do we need to think about that?
16:23:08 [fantasai]
Steve: Since I'm one of the swing votes, I finally hears some good news in the papers.
16:23:28 [fantasai]
Steve: In the end, if we don't find good solution in Osaka or Kyoto, I'm willing to go to Tokyo.
16:23:35 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #css
16:23:38 [fantasai]
Steve: And my wife says I'm crazy (yelling in background)
16:23:53 [fantasai]
Steve: More comfortable with Kyoto/Osaka, but willing to go to Tokyo.
16:24:04 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:24:10 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:24:19 [dsinger]
zakim, [apple] has dsinger
16:24:19 [Zakim]
+dsinger; got it
16:24:21 [fantasai]
sylvaing: Ok, so we're settled on Japan
16:24:55 [fantasai]
glazou: Anything else for F2F?
16:25:06 [fantasai]
sylvaing: We'll make final decision Tokyo vs South next week
16:25:11 [fantasai]
glazou: Ok, next item. CSS2.1
16:25:13 [fantasai]
Topic: CSS2.1
16:25:27 [fantasai]
glazou: First, reminder to tell your AC rep about the testimonial.
16:25:57 [fantasai]
glazou: Deadline is a couple days before Consortium release the REC
16:26:23 [fantasai]
glazou: A few messages about the DoC
16:26:37 [fantasai]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2-src/issues-lc-2011.html
16:27:12 [fantasai]
glazou: Issue 225
16:27:46 [Zakim]
-??P36
16:28:01 [fantasai]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Apr/0132.html
16:28:21 [Zakim]
+??P5
16:28:32 [danielweck]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
16:28:32 [Zakim]
+danielweck; got it
16:28:40 [ChrisL]
has anyone pinged hyatt? I see some replies from him are missing
16:28:50 [danielweck]
(got dropped from VoIP)
16:28:53 [jdaggett]
zakim, who is noisy?
16:29:04 [Zakim]
jdaggett, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: SteveZ (4%), +1.650.214.aacc (10%), sylvaing (39%), kojiishi (4%)
16:29:10 [glazou]
I bet on SteveZ
16:29:18 [hober]
ChrisL: I
16:29:23 [hober]
ChrisL: I'll ping hyatt
16:32:02 [dsinger]
zakim, who is noisy?
16:32:15 [Zakim]
dsinger, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Apple] (5%), SteveZ (49%), [IPcaller] (15%), sylvaing (5%), dbaron (8%)
16:32:34 [plinss]
zakim, mute Darth Vader
16:32:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mute Darth Vader', plinss
16:32:53 [fantasai]
fantasai: Don't have a response from Anton yet on whether the proposal is ok
16:33:01 [fantasai]
dbaron: I think you should remove "If the element has children"
16:33:07 [fantasai]
dbaron: Otherwise I'm happy with it.
16:33:24 [fantasai]
arronei: I've looked at it, and I think this now more consistent with what we have in 8.3.1, so I think this is actually pretty good.
16:33:29 [fantasai]
arronei: Agree about comment on children
16:33:52 [fantasai]
glazou: Does the change imply any change to the test suite?
16:33:58 [fantasai]
arronei, fantasai: no
16:34:04 [fantasai]
glazou: Then let's resolve pending Anton's approval.
16:34:48 [fantasai]
plinss states a concern with Anton replying before Friday
16:36:42 [fantasai]
discussion of colors in DoC
16:36:45 [Elchi3]
Elchi3 has joined #css
16:38:30 [fantasai]
yellow should be gray
16:38:47 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Proposal accepted for 225 pending Anton's approval.
16:39:10 [fantasai]
Second issue is from Olaf
16:39:19 [fantasai]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0204.html
16:39:40 [dsinger]
well, not on the display surface (which might not exist).
16:39:58 [fantasai]
plinss: We're not redefining mm or cm, we're just saying that the UA doesn't have to make the mm unit match actual millimeters
16:40:26 [fantasai]
glazou: One of the responses in the thread should be a good response.
16:40:32 [fantasai]
...
16:40:47 [dsinger]
it is an inch if the image was at normal viewing distance...
16:41:18 [TabAtkins_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0206.html
16:41:54 [fantasai]
glazou: Should we adopt dsinger's answer as the official answer
16:42:09 [fantasai]
?
16:42:19 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: dsinger's answer adopted as official
16:42:26 [fantasai]
ACTION: glazou respond to mailing list on this issue
16:42:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-315 - Respond to mailing list on this issue [on Daniel Glazman - due 2011-04-13].
16:42:40 [fantasai]
Topic: Requests to publish
16:43:13 [fantasai]
glazou: We have four requests: CSS3 Speech, CSS3 Text, CSS3 Writing Modes
16:43:45 [fantasai]
jdaggett: Writing Modes was not sent to lists ahead of time
16:43:52 [fantasai]
jdaggett: I think we should defer that to next week.
16:43:56 [fantasai]
glazou: np
16:44:10 [fantasai]
glazou: Please everyone review that spec before the call.
16:44:19 [danielweck]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#changes
16:44:19 [fantasai]
glazou: What is the status of CSS3 Speech?
16:44:29 [fantasai]
dweck: Has anyone looked at changes since 2004?
16:44:47 [fantasai]
dweck: Since we last spoke about CSS3 Speech and following discussions on www-style, there are 3 remaining issues
16:44:55 [fantasai]
dweck: 1 is trivial, 2 others may be contentious.
16:45:03 [fantasai]
dweck: Should be able to reach consensus as a WG.
16:45:30 [fantasai]
dweck: According to what I've heard, the phonemes issue, is that phonemes breaks content vs style
16:45:55 [fantasai]
danielweck: The other changes that have been made since 2004 deserve a new WD for review. We are not ready for LC.
16:46:08 [fantasai]
glazou: I see the issues are detailed in the spec itself.
16:46:14 [fantasai]
danielweck: Yes, they are in the spec and linked to Tracker
16:46:21 [fantasai]
glazou: Wonderful. I think WD is fine by me
16:46:26 [fantasai]
glazou: other opinions?
16:46:34 [fantasai]
fantasai: in favor of publishing
16:46:37 [fantasai]
Bert: in favor
16:46:40 [fantasai]
glazou: no objection?
16:46:48 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Publish WD of CSS3 Speech.
16:47:02 [fantasai]
danielweck: Let me know if there's anything else to do
16:47:09 [fantasai]
ACTION: Bert publish CSS3 Speech as WD
16:47:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-316 - Publish CSS3 Speech as WD [on Bert Bos - due 2011-04-13].
16:47:13 [fantasai]
glazou: CSS3 Text
16:49:32 [dbaron]
so a text-decoration spec would cover text-decoration-*, text-shadow, text-emphasis-*, and text-underline-position ?
16:50:24 [fantasai]
fantasai explains the draft
16:51:01 [fantasai]
howcome wants the script-specific values put in another draft
16:51:08 [fantasai]
fantasai doesn't think this makes any sense at atll
16:52:05 [fantasai]
glazou: Is this something that we can discuss in the future, or something you feel is a blocker to publishing the WD
16:52:18 [fantasai]
howcome: Those values have been published in the WD already. it's not a blocker as such
16:52:50 [fantasai]
glazou: I don't think the issue is closed.
16:53:56 [fantasai]
howcome: I think script specific values should be removed. There should be an issue in the spec
16:54:06 [fantasai]
Steve: You'd have to remove text-transform: uppercase | lowercase
16:54:21 [fantasai]
howcome: I fear we're going down the route of list-style-type
16:54:53 [fantasai]
Tab: we fixed list-style-type
16:55:04 [fantasai]
Tab: It's author-definable now
16:55:13 [fantasai]
Tab: But there are still a few types that need pre-definition
16:55:21 [fantasai]
Tab: The things in this draft are similar
16:55:43 [fantasai]
Steve: The question is when to introduce a keyword vs. have a mechanism for author definition
16:56:02 [fantasai]
glazou: This is getting off-topic.
16:56:09 [fantasai]
glazou: The issue here is releasing a WD.
16:56:45 [fantasai]
glazou: howcome, can we get an email explaining the issue
16:57:03 [fantasai]
howcome: I will do it this week
16:57:20 [fantasai]
glazou: Anyone else objecting to publishing the WD?
16:57:29 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
16:57:37 [fantasai]
Brad asks about splitting the draft.
16:57:44 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Publish WD for CSS3 Text.
16:58:00 [fantasai]
jdaggett: I'm not at all convinced that having a separate spec for text-decoration is a good idea. But we can discuss that later.
16:58:13 [Zakim]
-danielweck
16:58:16 [cesar]
I've been disconnected by my VoIP client. I'm sorry!
16:58:24 [danielweck]
me too !
16:58:28 [fantasai]
glazou: We will revisit CSS3 Text next week
16:58:40 [Zakim]
+??P1
16:58:47 [danielweck]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
16:58:47 [Zakim]
+danielweck; got it
16:58:50 [fantasai]
glazou: CSS3 Namespaces. Good news is we now have implementation reports, FF4 and IE9 pass all tests
16:58:55 [fantasai]
glazou: Meaning we can transition to PR.
16:59:03 [fantasai]
glazou: We have a few comments between date of CR and now
16:59:12 [fantasai]
glazou: Some of them have to be addressed.
16:59:18 [fantasai]
glazou: We need to document the answers etc.
16:59:24 [fantasai]
glazou: Provided that I think we are in good shape for another REC
16:59:30 [ChrisL]
there was a mention on wg list of a couple new tests, not in test suite?
16:59:35 [Zakim]
+ +90500083aaee
16:59:41 [fantasai]
glazou: Top of the hour
16:59:57 [cesar]
Zakim, aaee is me
16:59:57 [Zakim]
+cesar; got it
17:00:06 [cesar]
(I suppose) ;)
17:00:09 [fantasai]
glazou: [something about tests from Alan Gresley]
17:00:12 [Zakim]
-dbaron
17:00:13 [fantasai]
Meeting closed.
17:00:15 [Zakim]
-smfr
17:00:17 [Zakim]
-jdaggett
17:00:18 [Zakim]
-kojiishi
17:00:18 [Zakim]
-hober
17:00:19 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
17:00:19 [Zakim]
-duga
17:00:20 [Zakim]
-howcome
17:00:20 [Zakim]
-glazou
17:00:21 [Zakim]
-cesar
17:00:24 [Zakim]
-SteveZ
17:00:25 [glazou]
woof
17:00:26 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:00:28 [Zakim]
-Bert
17:00:30 [Zakim]
-plinss
17:00:32 [Zakim]
-bradk
17:00:34 [Zakim]
- +1.650.214.aacc
17:00:36 [Zakim]
-danielweck
17:00:39 [Zakim]
-sylvaing
17:00:39 [glazou]
ChrisL: alan will contribute them to our tests
17:00:43 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:00:50 [glazou]
ChrisL: elika replied
17:00:59 [glazou]
ChrisL: what about the charter ?
17:02:23 [Zakim]
- +975183aabb
17:02:24 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has ended
17:02:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.206.527.aaaa, dsinger, glazou, plinss, sylvaing, jdaggett, hober, ChrisL, danielweck, bradk, dbaron, johnjan, [Microsoft], arronei, stearns, kojiishi, duga,
17:02:28 [Zakim]
... [IPcaller], +975183aabb, SteveZ, +1.650.214.aacc, Bert, +47.21.65.aadd, howcome, smfr, +90500083aaee, cesar
17:19:23 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #css
17:23:45 [fantasai]
CSS2.1 issues list updated for 255 and 286
17:24:57 [pillsformyills]
pillsformyills has joined #css
17:26:55 [oyvind]
fantasai, 273 still has class="d"
17:31:06 [fantasai]
oyvind: Fixed, will check in soon
17:31:15 [fantasai]
dbaron: I'm still waiting for a response on issue 211
17:31:23 [fantasai]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2-src/issues-lc-2011.html#issue-211
18:04:21 [fantasai]
I should just make everything green.
18:04:28 [fantasai]
Then nobody will complain.
18:04:40 [fantasai]
And if I make it different shades of green, I can still tell which is which.
18:17:22 [jdaggett]
jdaggett has joined #css
18:57:04 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #css
19:14:35 [arno]
arno has joined #css
19:15:12 [Martijnc]
Martijnc has joined #css
19:21:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #css
19:56:41 [howcome]
howcome has left #css
20:00:56 [sylvaing]
sylvaing has joined #css
21:01:58 [sylvaing]
sylvaing has joined #css
22:11:03 [jdaggett]
jdaggett has joined #css
22:11:06 [TabAtkins_]
TabAtkins_ has joined #css
22:57:50 [sylvaing]
sylvaing has joined #css
23:17:43 [homata_]
homata_ has joined #CSS
23:37:25 [kennyluck]
kennyluck has joined #css