IRC log of mediaann on 2011-03-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:47:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
10:47:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-irc
10:47:56 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
10:47:56 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
10:48:09 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG Telco
10:59:35 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
10:59:43 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:00:47 [Zakim]
+ +39.538.5.aaaa
11:00:49 [Zakim]
-wbailer
11:00:50 [Zakim]
+wbailer
11:01:38 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
11:02:23 [tmichel]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Mar/0083.html
11:02:31 [tmichel]
chair: Thierry
11:02:44 [tmichel]
regrets: Mari Carmen
11:03:18 [tmichel]
florian said he maybe be a few minutes late ...
11:03:28 [tmichel]
Joakim said he would join from China
11:03:47 [Zakim]
+florian
11:08:05 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
11:12:57 [Zakim]
+Bjorn_Bringert
11:13:04 [pchampin]
zakim, Bjorn_Bringert is me
11:13:04 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
11:13:39 [Zakim]
+??P1
11:15:27 [stegmai]
scribe: stegmai
11:15:28 [tmichel]
scribe: florian
11:15:46 [tmichel]
2. Next meeting
11:15:46 [tmichel]
2011/03/29
11:16:00 [stegmai]
topic: open action items
11:16:39 [stegmai]
action-189: pending Tobias will provide it
11:16:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 Postponed: Work on the the subproperties notes added
11:17:24 [stegmai]
action-189: close
11:17:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 Postponed: Work on the the subproperties notes added
11:17:33 [pchampin]
close action-189
11:17:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 Postponed: Work on the the subproperties closed
11:18:11 [jsderber]
jsderber has joined #mediaann
11:18:56 [pchampin]
action-360: pending, florian has students working on it
11:18:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-360 Provide an example of an automatic test routine (before x-mas break) notes added
11:21:18 [stegmai]
action-369: pending Joakim will investigate it this week
11:21:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-369 In 2nd LC, send spec to Ilkka. One UC: creation-date, creator technical properties, location notes added
11:22:22 [stegmai]
action-402: close
11:22:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-402 Change creationdate to date in the api document notes added
11:24:08 [pchampin]
+1 to make the recommendation global
11:24:15 [stegmai]
action-403: close
11:24:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-403 Add in API spec, for compression; implementers are encouraged to return a URI notes added
11:24:23 [pchampin]
(encourage to return URI for any property that allows that)
11:24:51 [tmichel]
topic: 2nd Last Call Transition of the Ontology for Media Resource 1.0
11:24:52 [stegmai]
action to Werner Propose a draft for a "global URI recommedation
11:24:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - to
11:25:09 [stegmai]
action: Werner to Propose a draft for a "global URI recommedation" and send it to Florian
11:25:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-404 - Propose a draft for a "global URI recommedation" and send it to Florian [on Werner Bailer - due 2011-03-29].
11:25:40 [stegmai]
topic: 2nd last call of ontology document
11:26:12 [stegmai]
we have received a positive comment, but should discuss these at the end of the 2nd LC period
11:26:40 [stegmai]
end of April we will issue a CR version of the ontology document
11:26:52 [pchampin]
q+
11:27:05 [stegmai]
only change will be the status of the document section
11:27:28 [stegmai]
here we state that we will habe a test suite and what kind of tests we will have
11:27:39 [stegmai]
Thierry will draft something about tests and test suite
11:28:15 [stegmai]
in CR we will do the test cases by the end of May - after that in end of June a PR version will be published
11:28:28 [stegmai]
after that the document is out of the WG?s hands
11:29:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html stegmai
11:29:30 [pchampin]
q-
11:30:24 [tmichel]
topic: Mapping, RDF and test-cases from Pierre-Antoine
11:30:24 [tmichel]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Mar/0039.html
11:34:11 [pchampin]
implementations are free to generate RDF subproperties
11:34:31 [pchampin]
this makes their output syntactically different from the minimal RDF graph that we would provide in the test-cases
11:35:02 [pchampin]
validating the test would require that the produced graph *entails* (logically implies) the reference graph
11:35:20 [stegmai]
Werner: we should setup a service that ensures controlled conditions
11:35:24 [pchampin]
which requires testers to use an RDFS inference engine instead of a purely syntactic comparison
11:35:47 [stegmai]
... API testing could rely on JSON and we could create a RDF out of JSON to check the results
11:37:29 [stegmai]
Thierry: in the ontology we have sub-properties...maybe restrict this in the API
11:37:59 [stegmai]
... shall we have to sets of tests
11:38:35 [stegmai]
Werner: test documents should be as complete as possible for the ontology document
11:39:09 [stegmai]
... automatic tests should be based on a strict test data set
11:39:48 [wbailer]
s/strict/stripped/
11:40:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html stegmai
11:41:05 [pchampin]
In RDF, I provided two files for each test: an example output, using sub-properties, and a minimal "reference" output, which must be entailed by any implementation output
11:41:28 [stegmai]
Thierry (summary): For each format we will have a complete RDF and a minimum RDF (maybe used for the implementation)
11:41:48 [pchampin]
I think in JSON, the same can be done, even in an automatic way, by stripping off some attributes?
11:43:25 [stegmai]
RESOLUTION: For each format two different RDF versions should be provided: a complete version (suitable for ontology document tests) and a minimal version (suitable for automatic testing)
11:43:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html stegmai
11:43:43 [pchampin]
http://liris.cnrs.fr/~pchampin/research/mawg/id3/
11:46:14 [stegmai]
close action-402
11:46:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-402 Change creationdate to date in the api document closed
11:46:23 [stegmai]
close action-403
11:46:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-403 Add in API spec, for compression; implementers are encouraged to return a URI closed
11:49:31 [pchampin]
I can give a try to automate the "minimalization" of RDF
11:51:52 [stegmai]
in next meeting we will rediscuss this things
11:51:57 [stegmai]
topic: Revision of the API document
11:52:22 [stegmai]
Thierry: three open issues left, but not much discussion present in the group
11:52:52 [tmichel]
topic:Revision of the API document (Florian/Werner have a new version) updating the API document based on the conclusions from the last F2F.
11:53:01 [tmichel]
Discuss the "three issues" identified (Werner, Florian):
11:53:01 [tmichel]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Mar/0001.html
11:53:10 [stegmai]
Werner explains the open issues again (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Mar/0001.html)
11:53:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html stegmai
11:54:04 [stegmai]
Werner: PAs proposal was to drop the subtype filter
11:54:12 [Zakim]
- +39.538.5.aaaa
11:54:25 [stegmai]
... we could simply iterate on the results and implement the filter on our own
11:54:37 [tmichel]
i was disconnected ... calling back ...
11:54:49 [stegmai]
... splitting in link and label will create confusion
11:54:51 [Zakim]
+ +39.538.5.aabb
11:57:09 [stegmai]
RESOLUTION: Drop subtype filter options in the API document (objections valid until 29.03.)
11:59:54 [stegmai]
Werner explains the last issue with a normative JSON representation
12:04:14 [stegmai]
RESOLUTION: A complete MediaAnnotation example, and examples for each of the properties containing the specific attributes - a JSON schema can be added later in CR
12:06:35 [stegmai]
Thierry: WebIDL will be Recommendation
12:06:42 [stegmai]
... some things will be removed
12:06:55 [stegmai]
Florian: i will check this things
12:07:58 [pchampin]
don't they have an online validator??
12:09:06 [stegmai]
action: Thierry Send the WebIDL document link (going for recommendation) to Florian when available
12:09:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-405 - Send the WebIDL document link (going for recommendation) to Florian when available [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-03-29].
12:11:59 [stegmai]
action: Joakim Ping Apple if they could make an async implementation (e.g., as Safari extension)
12:11:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-406 - Ping Apple if they could make an async implementation (e.g., as Safari extension) [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2011-03-29].
12:13:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html stegmai
12:14:16 [Zakim]
-stegmai
12:14:17 [Zakim]
-wbailer
12:18:00 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:18:01 [Zakim]
-pchampin
12:23:02 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ??P1, in IA_MAWG()7:00AM
12:23:06 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
12:23:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were wbailer, +39.538.5.aaaa, stegmai, pchampin, +39.538.5.aabb, Thierry
12:31:42 [tmichel]
rrsagent,draft minutes
12:31:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-mediaann-minutes.html tmichel
14:22:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann