IRC log of lld on 2011-03-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:50:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #lld
13:50:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc
13:50:14 [antoine]
antoine has joined #lld
13:52:03 [antoine]
zakim, this will be lld
13:52:03 [Zakim]
ok, antoine, I see INC_LLDXG()10:00AM already started
13:52:12 [antoine]
Meeting: LLD XG
13:52:21 [antoine]
Chair: Antoine
13:52:41 [antoine]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0058.html
13:53:25 [antoine]
Previous: 2011-03-10 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0055.html
13:53:41 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.53.79.aaaa
13:53:46 [emma]
zakim, aaaa is me
13:53:46 [Zakim]
+emma; got it
13:53:50 [antoine]
Regrets: Lars, Jodi, Kevin
13:54:04 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:54:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:54:09 [emma]
zakim, who's here ?
13:54:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, emma
13:54:21 [emma]
zakim, ??P0 is antoine
13:54:21 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:54:40 [antoine]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:54:40 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T13-54-40
13:54:56 [antoine]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
13:54:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html antoine
13:55:34 [antoine]
rrsagent, please make record public
13:56:05 [TomB]
TomB has joined #lld
13:56:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.372.aabb
13:56:22 [pmurray]
zakim, aabb is me
13:56:22 [Zakim]
+pmurray; got it
13:56:40 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:56:48 [GordonD]
GordonD has joined #lld
13:56:53 [TomB]
zakim, IPcaller is probably me
13:56:53 [Zakim]
+TomB?; got it
13:57:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html TomB
13:57:04 [kcoyle]
kcoyle has joined #lld
13:57:08 [Zakim]
-antoine
13:58:14 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:58:24 [pmurray]
Scribe: Peter Murray
13:58:28 [pmurray]
scribenick: pmurray
13:58:39 [emma]
zakim, ??P0 is GordonD
13:58:39 [Zakim]
+GordonD; got it
13:58:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.764.aacc
13:58:56 [Zakim]
+??P7
13:59:05 [emma]
zakim, aacc is jeff_
13:59:05 [Zakim]
+jeff_; got it
13:59:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:59:25 [emma]
zakim, IPcaller is antoine
13:59:25 [Zakim]
+antoine; got it
13:59:34 [antoine_]
antoine_ has joined #lld
13:59:37 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
13:59:37 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
13:59:56 [antoine_]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see emma, pmurray, TomB?, GordonD (muted), jeff_ (muted), kcoyle, antoine
14:00:30 [antoine_]
Scribe: Peter
14:00:36 [antoine_]
Scribenick: pmurray
14:00:46 [antoine_]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:00:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html antoine_
14:00:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.330.289.aadd
14:00:51 [rayd]
rayd has joined #lld
14:01:07 [marcia]
marcia has joined #lld
14:01:41 [Zakim]
+ +44.194.346.aaee
14:01:50 [monica]
monica has joined #lld
14:01:52 [emma]
zakiĆ¹, aaee is monica
14:01:53 [TomB]
zakim, aaee is monica
14:01:53 [Zakim]
+monica; got it
14:02:17 [antoine_]
zakim, antoine_ is antoine
14:02:17 [Zakim]
sorry, antoine_, I do not recognize a party named 'antoine_'
14:02:41 [TomB]
rrsagent, antoine_ is really antoine
14:02:41 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'antoine_ is really antoine', TomB. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:02:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.423.463.aaff
14:03:14 [antoine_]
zakim, aaff is rsinger
14:03:14 [Zakim]
+rsinger; got it
14:03:21 [marcia]
zakim, mute me
14:03:21 [Zakim]
marcia should now be muted
14:03:27 [emma]
zakim, antoine_ is really antoine
14:03:27 [Zakim]
sorry, emma, I do not recognize a party named 'antoine_'
14:03:34 [rsinger]
rsinger has joined #lld
14:03:39 [antoine_]
zakim, who am I?
14:03:39 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, antoine_.
14:03:56 [emma]
zakim, antoine is really antoine_
14:03:56 [Zakim]
+antoine_; got it
14:04:05 [marcia]
* cute
14:04:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:04:24 [antoine_]
zakim, IPcaller is edsu
14:04:24 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
14:05:03 [pmurray]
TOPIC: Admin
14:05:25 [pmurray]
RESOLVED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/10-lld-minutes.html
14:05:27 [Zakim]
+[LC]
14:05:35 [antoine_]
zakim, LC is rayd
14:05:35 [Zakim]
+rayd; got it
14:06:12 [pmurray]
TOPIC: Asia-Pacific call
14:06:27 [pmurray]
antoine: postponed until better conditions
14:06:33 [pmurray]
TOPIC: Final Report Draft
14:06:52 [pmurray]
antoine: Want to review the current sections as envisioned
14:07:01 [pmurray]
...and the remaining work that needs to be carried out.
14:07:11 [pmurray]
... Report includes 6 items.
14:07:32 [pmurray]
... Nothing to say on executive summary.
14:07:47 [pmurray]
... Next in the report is the "Benefits of LD for libraries"
14:07:59 [pmurray]
.... will have a discussion on this in two weeks.
14:08:27 [pmurray]
emma: Not sure we can commit to this date.
14:09:04 [pmurray]
edsu: Haven't created a wiki page for it. As it is currently framed may be asking a lot.
14:09:21 [pmurray]
... (extracting benefits from clusters and use cases)
14:09:29 [TomB]
+1 to start with high-level bullet points
14:09:36 [pmurray]
... a couple of bullet points might be doable in two weeks.
14:09:50 [pmurray]
antoine: Thinks it is okay to start with that.
14:09:56 [emma]
yes @ed, +1 for starting with bullet points
14:10:04 [pmurray]
... from a list of bullet points we could have an interesting discussion.
14:10:14 [emma]
that may be ok for 31 march
14:10:27 [emma]
roos said he would joint
14:10:32 [rsinger]
i think i signed up for this, right?
14:10:37 [emma]
s/roos/ross
14:10:37 [rsinger]
ok, confirmation from emma :)
14:10:38 [pmurray]
edsu: If anyone is interested, speak up.
14:11:18 [emma]
suggests we record a formal action
14:12:24 [pmurray]
Proposed A C T I O N : edsu, rsinger, emma to create a few bullet points on the benefits of linked data in libraries for the call on the 31st
14:12:48 [emma]
+1
14:12:53 [rsinger]
+1
14:13:48 [pmurray]
ACTION : edsu, rsinger, emma to create a few bullet points on the benefits of linked data in libraries for the call on March 31st
14:14:00 [edsu]
pmurray: cheers
14:14:16 [pmurray]
antoine: Next report item is "Use cases and requirements"
14:14:29 [pmurray]
... to be presented as a separate deliverable as a clean snapshot from the community
14:14:37 [pmurray]
... we don't have an owner for this deliverable
14:14:59 [pmurray]
Call for owner of UC deliverable: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0038.html
14:15:28 [pmurray]
... this isn't intended to be extremely big.
14:16:07 [pmurray]
... no one is volunteering, so we will leave this open for a couple more weeks.
14:16:19 [monica]
I am very sorry but I am over-committed in March-April - this needs to be finished quite soon doesn't it?
14:16:31 [pmurray]
... Next report item is "vailable data (vocabularies, datasets)"
14:16:38 [pmurray]
s/vailable/Available/
14:17:05 [pmurray]
... hoping to make progress on this for presentation on April 14th
14:17:31 [pmurray]
... Next report section is "Relevant technologies (as described in #6 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html)"
14:17:34 [emma]
@monica : current schedule is april 7th but could be postponed (will be, anyway, if no owner)
14:17:57 [pmurray]
... Jeff has started a page on the wiki
14:18:09 [antoine_]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Tools#Tools_List
14:18:18 [jeff_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Tools
14:18:39 [pmurray]
... on this topic there is a related action:
14:18:41 [pmurray]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
14:19:01 [jeff_]
q+
14:19:09 [jeff_]
ack me
14:19:16 [pmurray]
... antoine sent a message asking the authors if they wanted to reframe it into producing a section of "relevant technology" for the report
14:19:37 [antoine_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0034.html
14:19:38 [pmurray]
jeff: Is concerned that the message got caught in the spam folder.
14:20:49 [pmurray]
... has put bullets that were relevant in there. is looking for a mre relevant way to express this.
14:22:20 [kcoyle]
me, too
14:22:24 [jeff_]
me too
14:22:32 [antoine_]
zakim, please mute edsu
14:22:32 [Zakim]
edsu should now be muted
14:22:40 [jeff_]
zakim, mute me
14:22:40 [Zakim]
jeff_ should now be muted
14:22:57 [monica]
yes drop outs here too
14:23:06 [pmurray]
--continues
14:23:28 [pmurray]
antoine: Skiping over "Problems and limitations" the final section is "Requirements and recommendations"
14:23:48 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Requirements and Recommendations follows from issues, so these two follow
14:23:58 [rayd]
here too
14:24:36 [rayd]
antoine is the only one I'm having trouble hearing
14:24:40 [edsu]
apologies, my skype was unmuted :(
14:25:36 [pmurray]
TOPIC: USE CASE CLUSTERS- ONGOING ACTIONS
14:25:43 [pmurray]
ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03]
14:25:51 [pmurray]
--continues
14:26:00 [pmurray]
TOPIC: PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT
14:26:20 [emma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
14:26:27 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Started by consolidating all of the problems and issues from the use cases
14:26:42 [pmurray]
... distilled them down into categories and rewrote them as paragraphs
14:27:01 [pmurray]
... The important thing for today is to see if these 5 points resonate with everyone else.
14:27:12 [pmurray]
... Do they capture the key points that have been brought out?
14:27:57 [emma]
+1, this is a great start
14:28:05 [pmurray]
... the first main area is: "Linked Data is an emerging technology"
14:28:36 [pmurray]
... the second point is "Library data is expressed in library-specific formats that cannot be easily shared outside the library community"
14:28:52 [pmurray]
... the third point is "Current library data practices are expensive (and the true costs are unmeasured)"
14:29:08 [pmurray]
... how could we say that moving to LLD is a good return on investment.
14:29:29 [pmurray]
... the fourth point is "Library ecosystem is designed for stability and resists change"
14:29:50 [pmurray]
... the fifth point is "Library data may be protected by IP rights that prevent open publication"
14:29:57 [rsinger]
yeah, that's great, karen
14:30:01 [antoine_]
+1
14:30:08 [emma]
q+
14:30:12 [pmurray]
... a question is "Are these too broad?"
14:30:14 [jeff_]
+1
14:30:28 [TomB]
ack emma
14:30:38 [pmurray]
emma: Doesn't think they are too broad; they are at the right level for the report.
14:31:12 [pmurray]
... hasn't looked in detail at the "Not Used" page, but how do we know we haven't missed any (such as the quality of the data itself).
14:31:25 [pmurray]
... Is everything captured or do we think there are more details?
14:31:35 [rsinger]
q+ "Emerging technology"
14:31:37 [rsinger]
er
14:31:41 [pmurray]
kcoyle: The subgroup went through the list and thinks everything has been captured.
14:31:42 [rsinger]
feh
14:31:45 [edsu]
kcoyle++ # really nice job
14:32:21 [pmurray]
... we try to make statements about the data. e.g., the data is quality data, but it is text data not data data
14:32:44 [edsu]
q+
14:33:04 [pmurray]
antoine: Suggests everyone look at this document and see if they find their own issues in here.
14:33:08 [emma]
ack "em
14:33:24 [emma]
q- technology"
14:33:30 [pmurray]
rsinger: Wants to add someing to emerging technology. Libraries are used to existing techology.
14:33:47 [pmurray]
... it is going to be difficult for people to even envision the cost when we have been using the same technology stack for 20 years.
14:34:11 [antoine_]
q?
14:34:13 [TomB]
q+ to wonder whether there is a problem with "models" (e.g., FRBR), e.g., compatibility with the outside world
14:34:24 [pmurray]
kcoyle: That is a good point. Some of that may come through in the "library ecosystem designed for stability" but will look at it to make sure it is in there.
14:34:33 [pmurray]
... previous changes have been minor compared to this change.
14:34:37 [antoine_]
zakim, ack edsu
14:34:37 [Zakim]
unmuting edsu
14:34:39 [Zakim]
I see TomB on the speaker queue
14:34:50 [rsinger]
yes, definitely!
14:34:54 [pmurray]
edsu: It is a nice summary. It is a good detail level.
14:34:56 [rsinger]
(both edsu and TomB :)
14:35:36 [pmurray]
... in the section on the library ecosystem, did the group think about the library culture and compare it to the web culture?
14:35:42 [TomB]
Ed: contrasting library culture and Web culture.
14:36:04 [pmurray]
... web culture is about now.
14:36:15 [jeff_]
the clash of terminology between the Web and libraries is part of the problem
14:36:36 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Didn't get it in here, but thinks it is important to contrast the two cultures
14:36:59 [pmurray]
... jodi had come up with this, and had talked about how it is a necessary difference
14:37:29 [pmurray]
... it is a tension that wee need to point out.
14:37:30 [emma]
seems to me this web vs. libs culture issue is addressed in the "library standards" paaragraph within "library ecosystem" , could be more explicit
14:37:31 [antoine_]
zakim, ack TomB
14:37:31 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to wonder whether there is a problem with "models" (e.g., FRBR), e.g., compatibility with the outside world
14:37:34 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
14:38:03 [pmurray]
TomB: Do we have a category that addresses some of the issues of the compatibility of linked data expressions being developed in the library world around FRBR and RDA?
14:38:20 [pmurray]
... affirming the need for library standards to play well with non-library data.
14:38:40 [pmurray]
... the contrast between traditional culture of defining data formats and the semantic web culture of making statements bout things.
14:38:54 [pmurray]
... there are a bundle of issues that he is not sure have been captured in these five topics.
14:39:12 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Maybe we can broaden the statement of library data being expressed in library-specific formats.
14:39:26 [pmurray]
... there are emerging standards, but they are following the old model and don't look like linked data.
14:39:50 [pmurray]
... we don't know how library functionality and linked data are compatible. e.g. managing resources in the libraries.
14:40:19 [pmurray]
... library is an institution, it is not information. actual organizations that manage budgets and inventory
14:40:25 [emma]
q+ to speak about linked enterprise data
14:40:30 [pmurray]
... there is something else there, so we need to talk about what we mean by library data.
14:40:55 [pmurray]
... suggests that what we mean by library data is about the library delivery functionally and not the data that does acquisitions and accounting
14:41:16 [antoine_]
q?
14:41:27 [pmurray]
TomB: There are some types of data that sould be in silos for technical reasons. That needs to be stated early in the report.
14:41:53 [pmurray]
.... we can make a distinction between library data in the library and how it is exposed to the internet
14:42:12 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Yes, and would like that to be near the top of the report. It introduces some of the things that come into the report.
14:42:31 [pmurray]
... that some data needs to be in silos could come in here as well.
14:42:57 [pmurray]
... maybe instead of having a section about IP rights, could say there is library data that cannot be shared -- some is bibliographic and some is not
14:43:06 [antoine_]
q+
14:43:13 [pmurray]
TomB: Part of the issue belongs there and part belongs in 1.2.
14:43:32 [antoine_]
zakim, ack emma
14:43:32 [Zakim]
emma, you wanted to speak about linked enterprise data
14:43:33 [Zakim]
I see antoine_ on the speaker queue
14:43:57 [pmurray]
emma: Quite a restricted definition of linked data as -open- linked data.
14:44:17 [pmurray]
... using the principles of linked data as an internal representation within the enterprise.
14:44:42 [edsu]
emma++ # linked data still useful in the enterprise ; sometimes i wonder if it's more useful there :)
14:44:47 [jeff_]
emma++
14:44:53 [pmurray]
... can we use linked data principles to build internal systems?
14:44:53 [TomB]
+1 good point about LED - use of LD technology inside the firewall
14:45:28 [pmurray]
... at the beginning people thought of web data as publishing; now we have websites using the same principles that are for internal only
14:45:54 [pmurray]
kcoyle: That would be good to put at the beginning of the report, that our emphasis is on discovery data that could be shared but it can also be used in the enterprise as well.
14:45:54 [edsu]
emma: we should remember that for the benefits page ... ah you just said it
14:46:12 [pmurray]
emma: It is a benefit that can also improve the efficiency inside the organization.
14:46:44 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Brings up the issue of not being able to say anything about return-on-investement. Doesn't think we will have that.
14:47:31 [edsu]
q+
14:47:35 [pmurray]
... perhaps need to add linked data as a benefit to the larger system.
14:48:12 [pmurray]
edsu: Hesitant to add anything like that because we don't have enough practice yet to say something like that.
14:48:23 [pmurray]
kcoyle: It starts to sound evangelical and not scientific.
14:48:38 [pmurray]
edsu: ...or even honest. It doesn't need to be statistically sound.
14:49:12 [pmurray]
... emma's point about linked data versus linked open data needs to be brought out. the two are commonly thought of together.
14:49:26 [pmurray]
... using these technologies doesn't necessarily entail dumping your data out on the web
14:49:46 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Good point. How do we want to say what we are addressing in this report?
14:49:58 [pmurray]
... are we addressing linked data or open linked data?
14:50:17 [GordonD]
We should address both open and closed LD
14:50:33 [pmurray]
edsu: Personal opinion is that this is about linked data and libraries. There are all kinds of libraries, even those that are closed off to the public. (e.g. corporate, some gov't)
14:50:47 [pmurray]
... we need to talk about the openness part of it.
14:50:48 [AlexanderH]
AlexanderH has joined #lld
14:51:06 [pmurray]
... a lot of the benefits accrue by sharing information. Something that libraries typically have done.
14:51:16 [monica]
I think you can say that the report mainly addresses open/discovery linked data (because mainly that is what we have discussed) but acknowledge that data does not have to be open and can serve other purposes
14:51:50 [GordonD]
Case study: personal identity management in institutions: closed (who borrows what books) vs open (who wrote the paper in the institutional repository)
14:52:01 [antoine_]
zakim, ack edsu
14:52:01 [Zakim]
I see antoine_ on the speaker queue
14:52:07 [pmurray]
kcoyle: We haven't really put an emphasis on users.
14:52:19 [pmurray]
... one of the things that FRBR does is put all of the justification on service to users.
14:52:47 [pmurray]
... we've been talking about the advantages of the data. we need to say somewhere early in the report that we look at this because it improves services to users.
14:53:23 [pmurray]
antoine: That is the idea of the use cases. For what the user benefits from.
14:53:50 [pmurray]
kcoyle: So in the same way we went through the use cases looking for issues, have someone go through the use cases looking for advantages to users.
14:54:10 [GordonD]
Use case clusters should have digested the benefits for users ...
14:54:17 [pmurray]
edsu: It is in the same space as the "benefits of LD for libraries"
14:55:07 [antoine_]
q?
14:55:31 [pmurray]
antoine: Supports widening TomB's suggestion about format
14:55:49 [Zakim]
-monica
14:55:53 [pmurray]
s/widening TomB's/TomB's widening/
14:56:14 [TomB]
Antoine, I see it as a separate point, but that's a detail to discuss...
14:56:40 [pmurray]
antoine: Supports adding Monica's IRC comment into 1.5
14:56:52 [pmurray]
kcoyle: yes, and adding the benefits of open if you can do it
14:57:15 [pmurray]
antoine: Suggests making it a bit more positive.
14:57:24 [edsu]
:)
14:57:48 [pmurray]
... can be editorial changes.
14:58:28 [pmurray]
... as much as possible, make recommendations things that can be done, and that helps offset this.
14:59:16 [pmurray]
kcoyle: Other than making the changes brought up today, should we move to the recommendations section? What is the next step?
14:59:51 [pmurray]
antoine: There are still notes of things to be completed in the issues section.
15:00:06 [pmurray]
kcoyle: The issues and recommendations will be an iterative process.
15:00:10 [emma]
+1 for brainstorming on recommendations starting next week
15:00:11 [TomB]
+1 flesh out the recommendations - agree this is an iterative process
15:00:21 [pmurray]
antoine: This makes sense; starting with the recommendations.
15:00:24 [GordonD]
Fine with me
15:00:51 [GordonD]
I've got some time ...
15:01:09 [uldis]
uldis has joined #lld
15:02:15 [pmurray]
ACTION: everyone to take a look at the issues and make sure that points from the use cases are represented in the document
15:02:26 [TomB]
q+ to ask for scribe for next week http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
15:03:08 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:03:13 [uldis]
zakim, ??P10 is me
15:03:13 [Zakim]
+uldis; got it
15:03:19 [antoine_]
zakim, ack TomB
15:03:19 [Zakim]
TomB, you wanted to ask for scribe for next week http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
15:03:22 [Zakim]
I see antoine_ on the speaker queue
15:03:38 [antoine_]
zakim, ack TomB
15:03:38 [Zakim]
I see antoine_ on the speaker queue
15:03:43 [antoine_]
zakim, ack antoine_
15:03:43 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:04:17 [kcoyle]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
15:04:38 [marcia]
:-)
15:04:40 [Zakim]
-GordonD
15:04:43 [Zakim]
-kcoyle
15:04:45 [Zakim]
-uldis
15:04:45 [Zakim]
-jeff_
15:04:46 [Zakim]
-rayd
15:04:47 [Zakim]
-edsu
15:04:51 [Zakim]
-marcia
15:04:52 [jeff_]
jeff_ has left #lld
15:04:53 [antoine_]
zakim, list attendees
15:04:53 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +33.1.53.79.aaaa, emma, +1.614.372.aabb, pmurray, TomB?, GordonD, +1.614.764.aacc, jeff_, kcoyle, +1.330.289.aadd, marcia,
15:04:57 [Zakim]
... +44.194.346.aaee, monica, +1.423.463.aaff, rsinger, antoine_, edsu, rayd, uldis
15:05:06 [Zakim]
-rsinger
15:05:36 [pmurray]
ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message in the next week re brainstorming on important issues [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-minutes.html#action08]
15:05:40 [pmurray]
--done
15:06:04 [pmurray]
ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open questions in the second half of http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action03]
15:06:08 [pmurray]
--continues
15:06:25 [antoine_]
zakim, please draft minutes
15:06:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'please draft minutes', antoine_
15:06:32 [emma]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:06:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-minutes.html emma
15:08:54 [Zakim]
-pmurray
15:10:21 [Zakim]
-emma
15:10:22 [Zakim]
-antoine_
15:10:30 [Zakim]
-TomB?
15:10:31 [Zakim]
INC_LLDXG()10:00AM has ended
15:10:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were +33.1.53.79.aaaa, emma, +1.614.372.aabb, pmurray, TomB?, GordonD, +1.614.764.aacc, jeff_, kcoyle, +1.330.289.aadd, marcia, +44.194.346.aaee, monica, +1.423.463.aaff,
15:10:35 [Zakim]
... rsinger, antoine_, edsu, rayd, uldis
15:11:06 [antoine_]
zakim, bye
15:11:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #lld
15:11:11 [antoine_]
rrsagent, bye
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-actions.rdf :
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: edsu, rsinger, emma to create a few bullet points on the benefits of linked data in libraries for the call on March 31st [1]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T14-13-48
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04] [2]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T14-18-41
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03] [3]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T14-25-43
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everyone to take a look at the issues and make sure that points from the use cases are represented in the document [4]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T15-02-15
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message in the next week re brainstorming on important issues [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-minutes.html#action08] [5]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T15-05-36
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open questions in the second half of http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action03] [6]
15:11:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-lld-irc#T15-06-04