IRC log of html-wg on 2011-03-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
15:58:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-html-wg-irc
15:58:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:58:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
15:58:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
15:58:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
15:58:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
15:58:41 [trackbot]
Date: 17 March 2011
15:59:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.619.846.aaaa
15:59:04 [Zakim]
- +1.619.846.aaaa
15:59:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.619.846.aaaa
15:59:04 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
15:59:05 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
15:59:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.215.286.aabb
15:59:23 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
15:59:37 [Zakim]
+Radhika_Roy
15:59:51 [paulc]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JanMar/0023.html
15:59:52 [pimpbot]
Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-17: Issues, surveys, decisions and task force reports from Paul Cotton on 2011-03-15 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from January to March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:00:01 [eliot]
eliot has joined #html-wg
16:00:02 [Zakim]
+dsinger
16:00:24 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #html-wg
16:00:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.247.aacc
16:00:35 [dsinger_]
zakim, mute dsinger
16:00:35 [Zakim]
dsinger should now be muted
16:00:44 [rubys]
zakim, aacc is me
16:00:44 [Zakim]
+rubys; got it
16:00:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:00:47 [paulc]
Thank you, dsinger
16:00:50 [eliot]
zakim, microsoft.a is me
16:00:50 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
16:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.251.280.aadd
16:01:23 [Julian]
Zakim, +1.251.280.aadd is me
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+Julian; got it
16:01:23 [dpenkler]
dpenkler has joined #html-wg
16:01:25 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:01:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Microsoft], +1.619.846.aaaa, +1.215.286.aabb, Radhika_Roy, dsinger (muted), rubys, eliot, Julian
16:01:27 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:02:21 [MarkF]
mark foladare at att is 732420
16:02:27 [paulc]
zakim, [+1.619.846.aaaa] has hober
16:02:27 [Zakim]
sorry, paulc, I do not recognize a party named '[+1.619.846.aaaa]'
16:02:37 [MarkF]
or possible 732368
16:02:41 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:02:42 [paulc]
zakim, +1.619.846.aaaa has hober
16:02:42 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:03:15 [Zakim]
+??P29
16:03:32 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:03:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:03:44 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] has adrianba
16:03:44 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:03:44 [dsinger_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:03:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Microsoft], +1.619.846.aaaa, +1.215.286.aabb, Radhika_Roy, dsinger (muted), rubys, eliot, Julian, ??P29, [Microsoft.a]
16:03:48 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:03:48 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has adrianba
16:03:50 [Zakim]
+1.619.846.aaaa has hober
16:04:01 [adrianba]
ScribeNick: adrianba
16:04:05 [adrianba]
Scribe: Adrian Bateman
16:04:08 [adrianba]
Chair: Paul Cotton
16:04:13 [adrianba]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JanMar/0023.html
16:04:14 [pimpbot]
Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-17: Issues, surveys, decisions and task force reports from Paul Cotton on 2011-03-15 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from January to March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:04:37 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:05:24 [Zakim]
+ +39.535.8.aaee
16:06:15 [adrianba]
TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, March 17
16:06:26 [dpenkler]
zakim,aaee is me
16:06:26 [Zakim]
+dpenkler; got it
16:06:29 [adrianba]
paulc: There are none.
16:06:33 [adrianba]
TOPIC: New Issues This Week
16:06:41 [adrianba]
paulc: Even better news, there are no new issues.
16:06:51 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Items Closed Last Week
16:06:59 [adrianba]
ISSUE-125?
16:06:59 [trackbot]
ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- open
16:06:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125
16:07:00 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-125: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:07:13 [adrianba]
paulc: survey closed mar 10 - some discussion on the list
16:07:20 [adrianba]
ISSUE-126?
16:07:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-126 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content -- open
16:07:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/126
16:07:21 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-126: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:07:29 [adrianba]
paulc: another survey also closed mar 10
16:07:33 [adrianba]
ISSUE-135?
16:07:33 [trackbot]
ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- open
16:07:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135
16:07:34 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:07:43 [adrianba]
paulc: call for alternate or counter proposals
16:07:50 [adrianba]
ISSUE-146?
16:07:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-146 -- <video> should allow muted as a content attribute -- open
16:07:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/146
16:07:51 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-146: should allow muted as a content attribute - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:07:55 [dsinger_]
Issue-135?
16:07:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- open
16:07:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135
16:07:56 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:07:59 [adrianba]
paulc: another call for counter proposals
16:08:04 [adrianba]
ISSUE-147?
16:08:04 [trackbot]
ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open
16:08:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147
16:08:05 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:08:32 [rubys]
q+
16:08:33 [adrianba]
paulc: there's been a fair amount of discussion about this on the list - since there is no counter proposal there is discussion about whether there is consensus on the proposal
16:08:40 [adrianba]
ISSUE-148?
16:08:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter -- open
16:08:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148
16:08:41 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:08:44 [adrianba]
ISSUE-56?
16:08:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-56 -- Bring "URLs" section/definition and IRI specification in alignment. -- open
16:08:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56
16:08:45 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-56: Bring "URLs" section/definition and IRI specification in alignment. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:08:50 [adrianba]
ISSUE-127?
16:08:50 [trackbot]
ISSUE-127 -- Simplify characterization of link types -- open
16:08:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/127
16:08:51 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-127: Simplify characterization of link types - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:09:17 [adrianba]
paulc: some of these items that closed last week show up later on the agenda for their next steps
16:09:19 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0329.html
16:09:20 [pimpbot]
Title: Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-148 charset-detect by Amicable Resolution from Julian Reschke on 2011-03-16 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:09:50 [adrianba]
rubys: question for julian - which proposal did he intend to withdraw?
16:09:51 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:09:58 [adrianba]
julian: change proposal for 148
16:10:18 [adrianba]
paulc: do we have a link to the proposal that is being withdrawn?
16:10:21 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0431.html
16:10:22 [pimpbot]
Title: Change Proposal for ISSUE-148, was: ISSUE-148 (charset-detect): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Julian Reschke on 2011-01-29 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:10:33 [adrianba]
julian: yes, that's the one
16:10:40 [adrianba]
rubys: next step would be a call for consensus
16:10:50 [Zakim]
+dsinger
16:10:50 [adrianba]
... on the remaining single proposal on 148
16:11:15 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
16:11:32 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #html-wg
16:11:39 [plh]
zakim, mute dsinger
16:11:39 [Zakim]
dsinger should now be muted
16:11:40 [paulc]
zakim, mute dsinger
16:11:40 [Zakim]
dsinger was already muted, paulc
16:11:46 [dsinger_]
zakim, mute dsinger
16:11:46 [Zakim]
dsinger was already muted, dsinger_
16:11:56 [adrianba]
ISSUE-120?
16:11:56 [trackbot]
ISSUE-120 -- Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology -- open
16:11:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/120
16:11:57 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-120: Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:12:12 [adrianba]
paulc: straw poll for objections closes today (midnight boston time)
16:12:28 [adrianba]
... julian, did you have something to ask about this now?
16:12:45 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-wg
16:12:51 [adrianba]
julian: i didn't mean 120, i meant the US-ASCII one: issue 101
16:13:04 [adrianba]
paulc: that's agenda 8a
16:13:06 [Zakim]
+Laura_Carlson
16:13:18 [adrianba]
ISSUE-139?
16:13:18 [trackbot]
ISSUE-139 -- HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements -- open
16:13:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/139
16:13:19 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-139: HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:13:28 [adrianba]
paulc: we have a straw poll that also closes tonight
16:13:33 [adrianba]
... mar 17
16:13:41 [adrianba]
ISSUE-140?
16:13:41 [trackbot]
ISSUE-140 -- clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification -- open
16:13:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/140
16:13:43 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-140: clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:13:52 [adrianba]
paulc: another poll that closes today
16:14:12 [adrianba]
... i brought this to noah's attention - he passed that on to the TAG
16:14:17 [adrianba]
ISSUE-142?
16:14:17 [trackbot]
ISSUE-142 -- No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) -- open
16:14:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/142
16:14:18 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-142: No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:14:23 [adrianba]
paulc: also a poll closing today
16:14:28 [adrianba]
ISSUE-146?
16:14:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-146 -- <video> should allow muted as a content attribute -- open
16:14:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/146
16:14:29 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-146: should allow muted as a content attribute - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:14:40 [adrianba]
ISSUE-147?
16:14:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open
16:14:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147
16:14:42 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:14:43 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12324] HTML example is improperly formatted <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0570.html>
16:14:51 [adrianba]
ISSUE-135?
16:14:51 [trackbot]
ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- open
16:14:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135
16:14:52 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:15:04 [adrianba]
paulc: these are all calls for amicable resolution
16:15:22 [adrianba]
... some discussion on 147 - waiting on a reply from frank who is travelling
16:15:54 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Items Closing Next Week
16:16:12 [adrianba]
paulc: these are important - i know the a11y tf is meeting this weekend and some of these are things they are interested in
16:16:16 [adrianba]
ISSUE-131?
16:16:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open
16:16:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
16:16:18 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:16:27 [adrianba]
ISSUE-145?
16:16:27 [trackbot]
ISSUE-145 -- use of "codecs" parameter -- open
16:16:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/145
16:16:28 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-145: use of "codecs" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:16:37 [adrianba]
ISSUE-152?
16:16:37 [trackbot]
ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- open
16:16:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
16:16:38 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-152: Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:16:47 [adrianba]
ISSUE-155?
16:16:47 [trackbot]
ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open
16:16:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155
16:16:48 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:16:54 [adrianba]
paulc: all these close on mar 22
16:17:01 [adrianba]
ISSUE-161?
16:17:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- open
16:17:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161
16:17:03 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:17:12 [adrianba]
paulc: looking for alternate or counter proposals by mar 24
16:17:16 [adrianba]
ISSUE-144?
16:17:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open
16:17:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144
16:17:17 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:17:24 [adrianba]
paulc: looking for alternate or counter proposals by mar 25
16:18:03 [adrianba]
paulc: once we get to the mar 25 date we will have all the proposals and counter proposals for all the issues we need to do for our may LC target
16:18:09 [adrianba]
TOPIC: New Calls this week
16:18:22 [adrianba]
paulc: as i noted, there are no new calls because we have all the calls for LC out there
16:18:27 [adrianba]
TOPIC: New Surveys this week
16:18:41 [adrianba]
paulc: these surveys will run for 1 week
16:18:48 [adrianba]
ISSUE-27?
16:18:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open
16:18:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27
16:18:49 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-27: @rel value ownership, registry consideration - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:18:53 [adrianba]
ISSUE-122?
16:18:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open
16:18:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122
16:18:54 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:19:12 [adrianba]
paulc: next item is ISSUE-31 and ISSUE-80
16:19:15 [adrianba]
ISSUE-31?
16:19:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images -- open
16:19:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31
16:19:16 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-31: Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:19:20 [adrianba]
ISSUE-80?
16:19:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open
16:19:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
16:19:22 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-80: document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:19:25 [paulc]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices
16:19:26 [pimpbot]
Title: ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)
16:19:30 [adrianba]
paulc: chairs are planning a multi-pronged approach here
16:19:39 [adrianba]
... first part of the survey will focus on the question linked here
16:20:00 [adrianba]
... asking the WG members which of the requirements are desired for the conformance checker question
16:20:13 [adrianba]
... i don't have this one built yet - the other two are built
16:20:24 [adrianba]
... the first two will be out today - continuing to work on the last one
16:20:30 [adrianba]
... any questions or comments?
16:21:01 [adrianba]
... you can expect us to be doing 4 or 5 surveys a week going forward and that pace might pick up once we complete the calls for counter proposals before us
16:21:31 [adrianba]
... our self-imposed deadline is 39 days away when we'll be able to close all the pre-LC issues so that there is time to have a call for consensus on LC
16:21:42 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #html-wg
16:21:43 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Decisions this week
16:21:45 [rubys]
deadline can be found here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html
16:21:46 [pimpbot]
Title: Timeline to Last Call from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-08 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
16:21:48 [adrianba]
ISSUE-101?
16:21:48 [trackbot]
ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- closed
16:21:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101
16:21:49 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-101: Spec reference for US-ASCII - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:22:11 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0302.html
16:22:12 [pimpbot]
Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-101 us-ascii-ref from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-15 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:22:23 [adrianba]
paulc: julian, did you want to speak to this?
16:22:30 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:22:46 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:22:58 [adrianba]
julian: yes, i just wanted to state that one thing was me being confused by a statement in the decision about whether more discussion was being asked for
16:23:12 [adrianba]
... sam explained off list that this was a misunderstanding on my part
16:23:17 [rubys]
julian is referring to "strong objection that merits"; I agree that "strong objection that merited" would have been clearer
16:23:21 [adrianba]
... i don't agree with the decision
16:23:52 [adrianba]
... there's another question about what happens if someone replies to a survey comment/objection on the mailing list then those don't appear to be considered
16:24:08 [adrianba]
paulc: first of all, people only seem to comment once the survey is called
16:24:22 [adrianba]
... one suggestion is for people to record their objections before that on the mailing list
16:24:44 [adrianba]
... i saw your comment - i suppose the chairs should make the answer clear in the decision policy
16:25:04 [adrianba]
... i suggest you open a bug on the decision policy so that we can make it clearer
16:25:24 [adrianba]
... it's really important that we are clear about how to bring logic flaws to the chair's attention related to survey comments
16:25:35 [rubys]
+1
16:25:39 [adrianba]
... i'll make this a priority given the number of surveys we have to do
16:25:46 [adrianba]
ISSUE-125?
16:25:46 [trackbot]
ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- open
16:25:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125
16:25:47 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-125: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:25:59 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0304.html
16:26:00 [pimpbot]
Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-125 charset-vs-quotes from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-15 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:26:04 [Julian]
q+
16:26:10 [rubys]
ack next
16:26:12 [adrianba]
ISSUE-128?
16:26:12 [trackbot]
ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- closed
16:26:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128
16:26:13 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-128: Authors should be able to use where can be used - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:26:22 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0303.html
16:26:23 [pimpbot]
Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-128 figure-in-p from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-15 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:26:50 [adrianba]
paulc: you should see at least 3 or 4 decisions per week moving forward
16:26:52 [adrianba]
q?
16:26:56 [Julian]
related to ISSUE-125: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10805#c6
16:26:57 [pimpbot]
1110805: julian.reschke, P2, REOPENED, 13treating single quotes as double quotes not needed for compatibility with existing content
16:27:02 [rubys]
ack next
16:27:09 [paulc]
ack Julian
16:27:42 [adrianba]
julian: i just wanted to mention that i had a comment on -125 where i asked for the text we were discussing to made separate from the preceding text - i hope this is uncontroversial but wanted it recorded in the minutes
16:28:18 [adrianba]
paulc: the bug has been reopened for the editor to resolve - you're obviously tracking that bug so you should check to make sure that this happens - you might have to open a LC bug to cascade the change
16:28:25 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
16:28:48 [adrianba]
rubys: kris sent his regrets just before the meeting
16:28:58 [adrianba]
paulc: perhaps we can carry this forward to next week
16:29:01 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
16:29:29 [adrianba]
janina: we are meeting this weekend - we're leveraging a major accessibility conference and taking advantage of the opportunity to get together
16:30:00 [adrianba]
... i will be surprised if we don't put some things in to last call - we have the right people present to make progress
16:30:10 [adrianba]
... so we should be able to make some proposals
16:30:40 [adrianba]
... i'm pleased on issue-152 that silvia's efforts has got us the conversation we were looking for - it's not just an a11y requirement but also an i18n requirement
16:30:52 [adrianba]
... we might not have all these people at the f2f but will have phone access
16:31:08 [adrianba]
... we'll have two parallel meetings and there will be telcon access to both meetings
16:31:15 [adrianba]
paulc: do you have a meeting page?
16:31:20 [adrianba]
janina: yes, let me find it
16:31:25 [paulc]
Testing TF report:
16:31:28 [paulc]
* We met last week as planned and meet again on March 22nd
16:31:43 [paulc]
* Meeting notes are at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Mar/0010.html
16:31:44 [pimpbot]
Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 3/8/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-03-08 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
16:31:59 [paulc]
* James Graham from Opera has asked and gotten an 'OK' from the W3C legal team to move the html5lib parser tests into the w3c.
16:32:11 [paulc]
* Consensus on approving Google A/V tests on March 22nd
16:32:13 [adrianba]
paulc: i'm transcribing kris's testing TF report notes to get that into the record
16:32:24 [paulc]
* Participation is still up, with a recent discussion about the approval process
16:32:48 [janina]
HTML-A11Y TF Face to Face:
16:32:53 [janina]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices
16:32:54 [pimpbot]
Title: ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)
16:33:07 [Laura]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/ftf_2011-03
16:33:08 [pimpbot]
Title: 19 - 20 March 2011 Face to Face Meeting of the HTML Accessibility Task Force (at www.w3.org)
16:33:29 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Other Business
16:33:42 [adrianba]
paulc: think we dealt with the request from julian
16:33:45 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Chair and Scribe for next meeting
16:33:54 [adrianba]
paulc: expecting maciej to chair next week
16:34:00 [adrianba]
... any volunteers to scribe?
16:34:05 [paulc]
paulc will volunteer
16:34:20 [adrianba]
... okay, i'll volunteer
16:34:26 [adrianba]
TOPIC: Adjournment
16:34:40 [Zakim]
-Radhika_Roy
16:34:42 [Zakim]
-dpenkler
16:34:44 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:34:44 [adrianba]
paulc: we're adjourned - thanks everyone, work on your change proposals
16:34:45 [Zakim]
- +1.215.286.aabb
16:34:45 [Zakim]
- +1.619.846.aaaa
16:34:47 [Zakim]
-??P29
16:34:49 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
16:34:52 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:34:56 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
16:34:57 [Zakim]
-Laura_Carlson
16:35:04 [adrianba]
zakim, bye
16:35:04 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were paulc, +1.215.286.aabb, Radhika_Roy, dsinger, +1.919.247.aacc, rubys, [Microsoft], eliot, Julian, hober, adrianba, Plh,
16:35:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
16:35:08 [Zakim]
... +39.535.8.aaee, dpenkler, Laura_Carlson
16:35:13 [adrianba]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:35:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/17-html-wg-minutes.html adrianba
16:35:26 [adrianba]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:41:50 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
16:56:32 [aroben]
aroben has joined #html-wg
17:00:32 [aroben_]
aroben_ has joined #html-wg
17:04:44 [webr3]
webr3 has joined #html-wg
17:04:45 [pimpbot]
changes: sam: Surveys on issues 27 and 122 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0063.html> 4** sam: Reissue call for consensus on issue 148 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0062.html>
17:14:54 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12327] New: clarify what materials are considered when chairs look at survey results <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0571.html>
17:25:07 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
17:37:41 [Arron]
Arron has joined #html-wg
17:50:38 [plh]
plh has joined #html-wg
18:03:11 [pimpbot]
planet: ieblog: Internet Explorer 9 Network Performance Improvements <11http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/03/17/internet-explorer-9-network-performance-improvements.aspx>
18:15:04 [aroben__]
aroben__ has joined #html-wg
18:45:21 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12328] New: I think the return type of StreamRecorder::getRecordedData was intended to be void since it is asynchronous. <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0572.html>
18:50:29 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
19:04:47 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
19:35:32 [pimpbot]
changes: sam: Change Proposal received for issue-147 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0064.html>
20:11:48 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
20:15:43 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12062] UTF-8 BOM should not be forbidden in Polyglot Markup <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0573.html>
20:35:46 [pimpbot]
changes: eliot: Edited section 3 per bug 12062, comments 13-14; <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0065.html>
20:45:50 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12329] vai pro caralho <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0578.html> 4** [Bug 12330] vai pro caralho <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0577.html> 4** [Bug 12330] New: vai pro caralho <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0576.html> 4** [Bug 12329] New: vai pro caralho <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar
20:49:09 [karl]
karl has joined #html-wg
20:50:54 [aroben_]
aroben_ has joined #html-wg
20:58:28 [hober]
hober has joined #html-wg
21:15:49 [Norm]
Norm has joined #html-wg
21:15:58 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12330] vai pro caralho <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0579.html>
21:46:06 [pimpbot]
bugmail: [Bug 12311] new feature - client side templates <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0581.html> 4** [Bug 12331] New: Not sure what is the difference between all three views <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0580.html>
21:46:47 [Norm]
Norm has joined #html-wg
21:47:24 [Norm]
Norm has joined #html-wg
22:04:10 [pimpbot]
planet: Steve Faulkner: Web Accessibility Toolbar 2011 <11http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2011/03/web-accessibility-toolbar-2011/>
22:24:14 [Norm]
Norm has joined #html-wg
22:29:14 [kennyluck]
kennyluck has joined #html-wg
23:04:22 [pimpbot]
planet: openmatt: Badges in the real world <11http://openmatt.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/badges-in-the-real-world/> 4** Tantek: #SXSW Music has been a blast. Visited the Trade Show. The @NewRiders booth has completely sold out of @HTML5Now! <11http://tantek.com/2011/076/t1/sxsw-trade-show-newriders-booth-sold-out-html5now>