IRC log of dap on 2011-03-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:40:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:40:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-irc
14:40:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:40:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:40:20 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:40:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 20 minutes
14:40:21 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:40:21 [trackbot]
Date: 09 March 2011
14:44:51 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
14:45:10 [fjh]
trackbot-ng, start telecon
14:45:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:45:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:45:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
14:45:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:45:17 [trackbot]
Date: 09 March 2011
14:46:16 [darobin]
trackbot-ng?
14:52:11 [dom]
old reflexes die hard
14:53:31 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:53:35 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
14:53:52 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0027.html
14:55:21 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
14:55:34 [jgiraud]
Present+ jerome_giraud
14:56:06 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
14:57:33 [cmarc]
Present+ cecile_marc
14:57:49 [fjh]
zakim, code?
14:57:52 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), fjh
14:58:19 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:58:26 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:58:28 [fjh]
zakim, ? is me
14:58:28 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:59:41 [dom]
Zakim, code?
14:59:41 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
15:00:19 [Zakim]
+??P15
15:00:24 [dom]
Zakim, ??P15 is me
15:00:24 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:00:32 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:00:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:52 [Present]
Present has joined #dap
15:00:55 [darobin]
Zakim, IPCaller is me
15:00:55 [Zakim]
+darobin; got it
15:01:16 [Zakim]
+Laszlo_Gombos
15:01:41 [richt]
richt has left #dap
15:01:47 [Present]
Hello~ Nice to meet you
15:02:01 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
15:02:07 [darobin]
Present: hi, who are you?
15:02:10 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.144.aaaa
15:02:12 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:13 [lgombos]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
15:02:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, +44.208.144.aaaa
15:02:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see nwidell, Present, cmarc, jgiraud, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, JonathanJ, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, homata_, lgombos, dom, trackbot
15:02:23 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:02:32 [fjh]
zakim, who is your mother?
15:02:39 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
15:02:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, fjh.
15:02:43 [dom]
Zakim, who's your daddy?
15:02:54 [Present]
Present has left #dap
15:02:57 [Zakim]
Ralph is taking good care of me but you all are my family, dom
15:03:10 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
15:03:24 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:38 [Gyubong_Oh]
Gyubong_Oh has joined #dap
15:03:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, +44.208.144.aaaa
15:03:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Claes, richt, nwidell, cmarc, jgiraud, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, JonathanJ, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, homata_, lgombos, dom, trackbot
15:04:02 [dom]
Zakim, aaaa is richt
15:04:16 [Zakim]
+richt; got it
15:04:28 [Zakim]
+Niklas
15:04:30 [Zakim]
+jmorris
15:05:03 [jmorris]
jmorris has joined #dap
15:05:09 [nwidell]
scribeNick: nwidell
15:05:14 [Zakim]
+claes
15:05:23 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:05:26 [nwidell]
topic: Administrative
15:05:27 [jmorris]
Present+ John_Morris
15:05:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, richt, Niklas, jmorris, claes
15:05:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jmorris, Gyubong_Oh, Claes, richt, nwidell, cmarc, jgiraud, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, JonathanJ, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, homata_, lgombos, dom, trackbot
15:05:54 [fjh]
Daylight savings time start
15:05:54 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Mar/0001.html
15:06:30 [fjh]
W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and User Privacy
15:06:30 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/
15:06:51 [fjh]
2nd Last Call Working Draft Transition announcement of the Ontology for Media Resource 1.0
15:06:58 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0028.html
15:07:54 [fjh]
Robin already commented on previous draft
15:08:15 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has joined #dap
15:08:43 [nwidell]
darobin some relationship with our work, may want to revisit API at later point
15:08:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aabb
15:08:46 [fjh]
Content security policy
15:08:54 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0014.html
15:09:16 [bryan_sullivan]
present+ bryan_sullivan
15:09:42 [nwidell]
dom: it is an interesting proposal, but fairly different scope compared to DAP
15:09:45 [fjh]
dom notes security mechanism related to http headers, but different scope from dap, focus on cross-site scripting
15:09:55 [fjh]
Universal control API
15:10:05 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0021.html
15:10:30 [Zakim]
+ +82.31.27.9.aacc
15:10:44 [nwidell]
fjh: not quite sure what to do with proposal,
15:11:16 [nwidell]
richt: it would beneficial to have other players in DAP, nice to bring work in
15:11:38 [richt]
nice to bring other industries in to a well-balanced discussion forum.
15:12:14 [Gyubong_Oh]
Present+ Gyubong_Oh
15:12:25 [nwidell]
darobin: They are interested, some quite interesting security issues, we should reach out to BBC about this, whould take it into chartering discussion
15:12:30 [fjh]
Overview of W3C technologies for mobile Web applications
15:12:30 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/0108.html
15:13:04 [nwidell]
s/whould/should
15:13:06 [dom]
Zakim, aacc is probably Gyubong_Oh
15:13:06 [Zakim]
+Gyubong_Oh?; got it
15:13:09 [fjh]
F2F is next week, no teleconference call, and no call following week.
15:13:43 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Minutes approval
15:13:46 [fjh]
Approve 23 February minutes
15:13:46 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/att-0105/minutes-2011-02-23.html
15:14:08 [Gyubong_Oh]
I am not famillar with IRC. probably, yes, I am
15:14:19 [nwidell]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 23 February 2011 approved
15:14:34 [nwidell]
TOPIC: F2F Agenda
15:14:35 [fjh]
Draft agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/F2F_Agenda_15,_16,_18_March_2011,_Seoul
15:16:15 [nwidell]
darobin: Starting time (0900) ok?
15:16:29 [nwidell]
fjh: good to have early start for people calling in.
15:16:49 [darobin]
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=9&month=3&year=2011&p1=235&p2=195&p3=43&p4=137
15:17:24 [dom]
richt, if you could send your input re ACTION-343 before the F2F, it would be best for the charter discussions
15:17:36 [richt]
I will provide that on the list
15:18:45 [dom]
(5pm Seoul is 8am London, FWIW)
15:19:14 [dom]
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=15&month=3&year=2011&p1=235&p2=195&p3=43&p4=137&iv=0 is a better link given daylight change in US on Sunday
15:19:35 [richt]
yeah, dialling in from Europe is going to hurt.
15:19:36 [Zakim]
-claes
15:20:08 [jmorris]
fyi, 9am in Korea is midnight in London
15:20:26 [nwidell]
fjh: might switch contacts and interop.
15:20:38 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aadd
15:20:43 [nwidell]
richt: what about device?
15:20:52 [dom]
ACTION-300?
15:20:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-300 -- Claes Nilsson to start working on use cases and requirements for video/audio conference à la <device> element -- due 2010-11-12 -- OPEN
15:20:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/300
15:22:06 [nwidell]
fjh: please send comments on Agenda to public list
15:22:10 [Zakim]
-jmorris
15:22:14 [fjh]
Logistics information: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/SeoulF2F2011
15:22:44 [fjh]
zakim reservation, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Mar/0000.html
15:23:25 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Workshop
15:23:29 [fjh]
http://www.w3c.or.kr/DAP2011/
15:23:37 [richt]
RE: F2F. I'm concerned on the timings for dialling in from Europe but not much we can do on that. Will see how it goes.
15:24:53 [nwidell]
fjh: DAP members do not need to register for workshop, others do
15:25:03 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0006.html
15:25:24 [nwidell]
TOPIC: June/July F2F
15:25:51 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Charter
15:25:57 [fjh]
Current charter, http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html
15:26:04 [fjh]
Proposed charter, http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
15:26:11 [fjh]
Call out Sensor Specification separately from SysInfo (Dzung)
15:26:24 [fjh]
Additional deliverables, Privacy Mechanisms, Feature Permissions
15:26:24 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0016.html
15:26:33 [fjh]
Audio volume API, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0023.html
15:26:41 [nwidell]
fjh: Suggest to add sensor deliverable
15:27:21 [nwidell]
fjh: Feature permission shoudl certainly be a group deliverable
15:28:16 [nwidell]
... we need to mention a Privacy deliverable in the charter
15:28:31 [darobin]
+1
15:28:45 [nwidell]
dom: The more concrete proposal we have the easier it is to discuss it
15:29:32 [nwidell]
fjh: not sure how detailed how the text wrt privacy can be at this point
15:29:50 [nwidell]
dom: Need to define at least rough scope.
15:30:04 [fjh]
action: fjh to propose concrete text for privacy and feature permission for draft charter
15:30:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-344 - Propose concrete text for privacy and feature permission for draft charter [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-03-16].
15:30:35 [dom]
ACTION-343?
15:30:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-343 -- Richard Tibbett to propose better wording for System information and events api in new charter -- due 2011-03-02 -- OPEN
15:30:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/343
15:30:51 [nwidell]
fjh: Sensors are also wide reaching, need to define scope
15:31:20 [nwidell]
fjh: AR seems to fall outside sensors
15:32:06 [nwidell]
s/fjh: AR seems to fall outside sensors//
15:32:16 [nwidell]
TOPIC: APIs
15:32:18 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0015.html
15:32:23 [fjh]
AR seems like it could be based on sensor work
15:32:27 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Mar/att-0001/microsoft-api-draft-final.html#capture_api_extensions
15:32:30 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:32:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:32:41 [nwidell]
fjh, sorry
15:32:49 [dom]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:32:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, richt, Niklas, +1.425.214.aabb, Gyubong_Oh?, +46.1.08.01.aadd
15:33:03 [fjh]
s/fjh, sorry//
15:33:09 [dom]
Zakim, aabb is probably bryan_sullivan
15:33:09 [Zakim]
+bryan_sullivan?; got it
15:33:15 [nwidell]
darobin: Microsoft provided some good indirect feedback on the Media Capture API
15:33:29 [fjh]
Present- hi who_are_you?
15:33:39 [dom]
Zakim, aadd is probably Claes
15:33:39 [Zakim]
+Claes?; got it
15:33:45 [richt]
q+ to ask if we should direct them to the <device> element instead of overloading the file input control (like we tried and failed to do).
15:33:52 [fjh]
Present+ Robin_Berjon, Frederick_Hirsch
15:34:01 [nwidell]
darobin: includes some usage examples, and how to be used in code
15:34:11 [darobin]
q?
15:34:14 [darobin]
ack richt
15:34:14 [Zakim]
richt, you wanted to ask if we should direct them to the <device> element instead of overloading the file input control (like we tried and failed to do).
15:34:30 [fjh]
s/old reflexes die hard//
15:34:54 [fjh]
s/Hello~ Nice to meet you//
15:35:03 [fjh]
s/trackbot-ng?//
15:35:26 [nwidell]
richt: Two proposals (capture/device), streaming more related to device, should we point them there
15:35:32 [fjh]
s/shoudl/should/
15:36:05 [nwidell]
darobin: It is Microsoft's input to the incubator group
15:36:14 [fjh]
s/define scope/define scope, AR might be based on sensor work
15:36:15 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
15:36:15 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
15:36:28 [fjh]
s/AR seems like it could be based on sensor work//
15:36:34 [nwidell]
richt: The concept of speech apis is very important
15:36:50 [nwidell]
... we should try to avoid fragmentation
15:37:14 [nwidell]
darobin: Microsoft's document was definitely feedback to DAP
15:37:20 [dom]
note that we don't have any of the editors of the document on the call, unfortunately
15:38:28 [dom]
ACTION: Laszlo to look at Microsoft feedback on Capture API
15:38:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-345 - Look at Microsoft feedback on Capture API [on Laszlo Gombos - due 2011-03-16].
15:38:58 [darobin]
q?
15:39:04 [dom]
ACTION-345: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Mar/att-0001/microsoft-api-draft-final.html#capture_api_extensions
15:39:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-345 Look at Microsoft feedback on Capture API notes added
15:39:13 [nwidell]
Laszlo: I can take on editor of Media Capture
15:39:21 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Contacts
15:39:36 [richt]
Updates to the Contacts API (cvs_log) http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html
15:39:42 [nwidell]
darobin: Two topics, updates and search filters
15:39:43 [fjh]
s/take on/be an/
15:40:24 [nwidell]
richt: Updated spec in line with previous discussions on calls, list
15:40:29 [dom]
q+ to ask about LC
15:40:41 [nwidell]
... feedback would be great.
15:40:43 [fjh]
q+
15:40:53 [nwidell]
darobin: Should try to have feedback before F2F
15:40:55 [darobin]
ISSUE-106?
15:40:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-106 -- Does Contacts API having a timezone field make sense, should it be utfOffset or utcOffset and tz to better match vCard? -- open
15:40:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/106
15:41:22 [darobin]
ack dom
15:41:22 [Zakim]
dom, you wanted to ask about LC
15:41:54 [nwidell]
dom: Is the Time Zone issue solved?
15:42:42 [dom]
[re search Filter, I think we should be much more silent since search filters are meant as hints rather than as strict filters]
15:42:44 [fjh]
should add comment to issue noting how it is resolved when closing it
15:43:38 [nwidell]
richt: the current spec contains informative info about time zone, but it is a dual-purpose attibute,
15:43:46 [darobin]
q?
15:43:50 [darobin]
ack fjh
15:44:17 [nwidell]
fjh: Why remove search filters?
15:44:55 [nwidell]
richt: filters don't add value to API, only to UI. The complexity of the search filter outweigh benefits
15:45:11 [dom]
(I would actually favor not defining an algorithm for filtering, but not removing filters completely)
15:45:18 [darobin]
+1 to dom
15:45:23 [fjh]
q+ to ask about what happends to 4.2
15:45:25 [nwidell]
... search filters are hard, we can put it back later
15:45:34 [darobin]
q+ to talk about CfC
15:45:48 [darobin]
+1
15:46:36 [nwidell]
dom: intent to keep the filter parameter for UA use, but scrap algorithm
15:46:53 [fjh]
+1 to retaining feature, not sure how well defined it has to be
15:47:12 [nwidell]
richt: scrapping algorithm might work
15:47:28 [fjh]
Is the user interface is entirely optional, should it be?
15:47:42 [nwidell]
dom: We often provide hooks for UAs, but not ull functionality
15:47:47 [fjh]
s/Is the user interrface/are the user interaction guidelines/
15:47:58 [dom]
s/scrap algorithm/scrap filtering algorithm/
15:48:02 [fjh]
s/Is the user interface/are the user interaction guidelines/
15:48:24 [nwidell]
darobin: One advantage of having search filter present, then in trusted environments searches can be made more efficiently
15:48:41 [darobin]
RESOLUTION: Keep the search filter parameter, but simplify the feature
15:48:44 [darobin]
ack fjh
15:48:44 [Zakim]
fjh, you wanted to ask about what happends to 4.2
15:49:08 [darobin]
ack me
15:49:08 [Zakim]
darobin, you wanted to talk about CfC
15:49:21 [fjh]
s/scrapping algorithm/scrap filtering algorithm/
15:49:50 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:49:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:50:04 [nwidell]
darobin: Wait with CfC until updates made
15:50:12 [Zakim]
-Claes?
15:50:34 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Sys Info
15:51:00 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaee - is perhaps Claes?
15:51:07 [dom]
Zakim, aaee is Claes
15:51:07 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
15:51:25 [darobin]
Zakim, Claes is indeed Claes
15:51:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'Claes is indeed Claes', darobin
15:51:27 [fjh]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
15:51:30 [darobin]
Zakim, Claes? is Claes
15:51:30 [Zakim]
+Claes; got it
15:51:41 [nwidell]
darobin: FOld the current discussion into charter discussion?
15:51:44 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:51:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, richt, Niklas, bryan_sullivan?, Gyubong_Oh?, Claes
15:51:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cmarc, bryan_sullivan, Gyubong_Oh, Claes, richt, nwidell, jgiraud, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, darobin, JonathanJ, wmaslowski, ingmar, ilkka, homata_, lgombos, dom, trackbot
15:51:49 [fjh]
s/FOld/Fold/
15:51:57 [nwidell]
dom: better to keep progress on current work
15:52:15 [nwidell]
darobin: Proposals?
15:52:21 [fjh]
Present+ Cecile_Marc
15:53:00 [fjh]
Present+ Jerome_Giraud
15:53:33 [nwidell]
darobin: might want to split work into safe/simple parts and complex/extensible parts
15:53:33 [fjh]
Present- Cecile_Marc
15:53:40 [fjh]
Present- Jerome_Giraud
15:54:21 [fjh]
q+
15:54:34 [darobin]
+1 for people coming up with concrete proposals
15:55:02 [darobin]
ack fjh
15:55:45 [nwidell]
fjh: wasn't idea to keep sysinfo, but pull out sensors to separate generic FW api
15:56:11 [nwidell]
dom: we need concrete proposals
15:56:37 [darobin]
+1
15:56:42 [darobin]
[let's do battery]
15:56:46 [nwidell]
richt: If we expose only a tiny amount of device information we have actually succeeded
15:56:55 [dom]
+1 to start with simple and do it well :)
15:56:57 [fjh]
section 4 of sysinfo outlines various aspects that could be treated separately
15:57:19 [darobin]
ACTION: Robin to propose a sweet and simple battery API
15:57:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-346 - Propose a sweet and simple battery API [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-03-16].
15:58:32 [nwidell]
Laszlo: look at availability of sys info in android may be a good starting point
15:58:58 [darobin]
ACTION: Laszlo to come up with some examples and rough ideas for simple sysinfo APIs at the f2f
15:58:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-347 - Come up with some examples and rough ideas for simple sysinfo APIs at the f2f [on Laszlo Gombos - due 2011-03-16].
15:59:14 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Messaging
15:59:49 [nwidell]
darobin: Use Messaging based on URI schemes
16:00:31 [nwidell]
richt: My proposal was to expose messagin though libraries, URI schemes client/server interaction etc, no specific API
16:00:45 [nwidell]
... it is an API that does not need to be an API
16:01:26 [nwidell]
... not convinced by the existing additions (callbacks, attachments)
16:01:49 [nwidell]
darobin: But Apple's Messaging API (simple)
16:02:08 [nwidell]
dom: Can't discuss it
16:02:53 [nwidell]
dom: relying on client server will not work with SMS/MMS
16:03:56 [nwidell]
richt: is there enough incentive with callbacks/attachments to have separate API
16:04:36 [nwidell]
darobin: can we create dead simple API (e.g. only adding attachments)?
16:04:42 [darobin]
[the hidden problem no one has raised is how the heck the browser gets to know the user's email configuration...]
16:05:41 [nwidell]
richt: extend URIs with extra parameters for attachments
16:05:47 [dom]
[darobin, you wouldn't need it with our current API]
16:05:58 [darobin]
<form target="mmsto:+33681754541"><textarea>...</textarea><input type=file multiple/></form>
16:06:21 [nwidell]
dom: doing attachments is unlikely
16:06:28 [darobin]
[dom, how are you going to send something as robin@berjon.com without knowing my server's password? use open relays?]
16:07:04 [dom]
[throuhg my MUA]
16:07:29 [dom]
s/doing attachments/doing attachments through URI schemes/
16:07:30 [darobin]
navigator.sendMessage("mailto:foo@bar.com", [blob1, blob2, blob3], errorCB)
16:07:34 [dom]
right
16:07:46 [darobin]
[dom, right, but I'm not sure how to communicate attachments to my MUA]
16:08:04 [dom]
[well, using your local IPC system, I would assume]
16:08:24 [nwidell]
richt: Implementor support is very important
16:08:51 [nwidell]
dom: but the problem has been to get that implementor feedback
16:10:27 [darobin]
[we want a more fleshed out proposal, then get feedback]
16:10:34 [nwidell]
dom: we probably have a start to a new proposal
16:11:04 [darobin]
+1
16:11:09 [nwidell]
... should aim for something more "webby"
16:11:25 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to send concrete proposal for navigator.sendMessage with URI scheme
16:11:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-348 - Send concrete proposal for navigator.sendMessage with URI scheme [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-03-16].
16:12:15 [darobin]
ACTION-341?
16:12:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-341 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to reserve zakim line for f2f -- due 2011-03-09 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:12:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/341
16:12:27 [darobin]
ACTION-322?
16:12:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-322 -- Frederick Hirsch to follow up on ECMA TC-39 coordination -- due 2011-01-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:12:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/322
16:12:38 [darobin]
ACTION-335?
16:12:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-335 -- Frederick Hirsch to propose charter changes related to security and privacy deliverables -- due 2011-02-23 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:12:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/335
16:13:22 [nwidell]
TOPIC: Outstanding actions
16:13:52 [dom]
ISSUE-81?
16:13:52 [trackbot]
ISSUE-81 -- How to represent dates? ES has Date but with no TZ information; using strings is less than ideal; do we have to create a Web Dates specification? -- open
16:13:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/81
16:15:04 [dom]
ACTION-297?
16:15:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-297 -- Robin Berjon to draft up TZDate -- due 2010-11-11 -- OPEN
16:15:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/297
16:15:17 [fjh]
open action list, http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open
16:15:19 [nwidell]
richt: Would be great if javascript had a Calendar object (timezonedate)
16:15:31 [richt]
similar to Java Calendar class
16:15:46 [fjh]
q+ to ask about actions
16:17:00 [richt]
can we form a mob or a line ?
16:18:20 [fjh]
q-
16:19:01 [fjh]
Please review the open actions list, note any actions that should be closed and try to complete actions, preferably before the F2F if feasible
16:19:06 [Zakim]
-bryan_sullivan?
16:19:09 [Zakim]
-dom
16:19:12 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has left #dap
16:19:14 [Zakim]
-richt
16:19:15 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:19:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:19:16 [Zakim]
-Niklas
16:19:18 [Zakim]
-darobin
16:19:18 [Zakim]
-Laszlo_Gombos
16:19:19 [Zakim]
-Claes
16:19:20 [Zakim]
-fjh
16:19:38 [Gyubong_Oh]
-Gybong_Oh
16:19:51 [Gyubong_Oh]
Gyubong_Oh has left #dap
16:19:59 [Zakim]
-Gyubong_Oh?
16:20:00 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
16:20:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were fjh, dom, darobin, Laszlo_Gombos, +44.208.144.aaaa, richt, Niklas, jmorris, claes, +1.425.214.aabb, +82.31.27.9.aacc, Gyubong_Oh?, +46.1.08.01.aadd, bryan_sullivan?,
16:20:05 [Zakim]
... +46.1.08.01.aaee
16:24:06 [fjh]
Regrets+ Thomas_Roessler
16:25:14 [fjh]
s/throuhg/through/
16:25:40 [fjh]
s/can we form a mob or a line ?//
16:27:30 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
16:27:40 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:27:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/09-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:39:55 [JonathanJ]
JonathanJ has left #DAP
16:42:57 [fjh]
fjh has left #dap
17:27:50 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
18:23:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
18:47:20 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
20:47:41 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
22:37:48 [homata_]
homata_ has joined #dap
22:47:58 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
23:51:50 [homata]
homata has joined #dap