IRC log of soap-jms on 2011-03-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:57:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
16:57:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-soap-jms-irc
16:57:46 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:57:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
16:57:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:57:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
16:57:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:57:49 [trackbot]
Date: 08 March 2011
16:58:16 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
16:58:23 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:59:16 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
17:00:07 [Zakim]
+Derek
17:00:17 [Derek]
Derek has joined #SOAP-JMS
17:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +44.238.026.aaaa
17:02:08 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
17:02:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.846.aabb
17:02:14 [Zakim]
+Mark
17:02:21 [eric]
Zakim, aabb is eric
17:02:21 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
17:02:48 [mphillip]
Regrets: Phil
17:03:20 [mphillip]
Topic: Appointment of the scribe
17:03:25 [mphillip]
Scribe: Mark
17:03:32 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
17:03:39 [mphillip]
Topic: Approval of prior meeting minutes
17:04:02 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2011/02/22-soap-jms-minutes.html
17:04:07 [mphillip]
No objections to approving the minutes
17:04:15 [mphillip]
Topic: Review the agenda
17:05:27 [mphillip]
Agenda approved as-is
17:05:39 [mphillip]
Topic: Administrative items
17:06:05 [mphillip]
We will defer the question of skipping next week's call until the end
17:06:16 [mphillip]
Daylight saving starts in the US next week
17:06:47 [mphillip]
(Check the timeandate.com link )
17:06:53 [mphillip]
Topic Action Items
17:07:18 [mphillip]
Eric: action-244 - CXF *does* support WSDL
17:08:06 [mphillip]
Eric: ( judging by the samples they have)
17:09:12 [mphillip]
Eric: (which use the extension elements)
17:09:59 [mphillip]
Eric: Will email the CXF list to confirm
17:10:43 [mphillip]
Eric: action-245 - Yves was initally negative, but t hat might be down to a misunderstanding... Eric is clarifying
17:12:09 [mphillip]
Derek: action-222 - QA dept. will look at this later in April. They had some reservations about using CXF - would prefer to test with another vendor's product
17:14:10 [mphillip]
Eric: TIBCO can sympathise - customers may prefer to see interoperability with a commercial product - bu tthen Progress's implementation is likely to be based on CXF
17:20:36 [mphillip]
Eric: Problems are likely to be logistic and bureaucratic
17:21:06 [mphillip]
Topic: Moving to PR (via CR? & LC)
17:21:15 [mphillip]
Format of implementation compliance report
17:21:21 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2011Mar/0000.html
17:27:08 [mphillip]
Mark: Gives overview of test report format
17:28:11 [mphillip]
Eric: Tempted by XML and a stylesheet but don't want to over-engineer
17:28:34 [mphillip]
action mark to produce a complete vesion of the test results template
17:28:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-246 - Produce a complete vesion of the test results template [on Mark Phillips - due 2011-03-15].
17:30:10 [mphillip]
Eric: Doesn't need to be super-formal - but it gives us a template to follow
17:31:30 [mphillip]
Eric: Once we have a template we should circle back to CXF to ask them if they'd submit a version (Eric can have a first stab at this)
17:33:03 [mphillip]
Eric: Main use for these documents would be as evidence of implementations to the W3C
17:33:38 [mphillip]
Matthew: Some observations about the test suite...
17:34:08 [mphillip]
Matthew: It's not always clear about the criteria for determining pass/fail
17:34:29 [mphillip]
Matthew: For example, no complete WSDL documents
17:35:32 [mphillip]
Matthew: Are the messages rough examples, or the precise message which must be sent received.... what if the ordering is different or additional elements are present
17:36:23 [mphillip]
Eric: Don't want to overwork this, but if there are specific examples then please submit them
17:37:17 [mphillip]
Matthew: OK, as IBM develops tests, WSDL will be developed... Could give that WSDL back to the test suite
17:38:17 [mphillip]
Eric: We're not looking to test the SOAP, just the SOAP/JMS additions to the messages...
17:38:57 [mphillip]
Matthew: Will submit issues to the group if defects are found in the tests (e.g. possible defect in Testcase 9)
17:40:02 [mphillip]
Eric: Test changes have been following a slightly more lightweight process than spec. changes - we do not check the application of changes - so some defects may have crept in
17:40:42 [mphillip]
Topic: Specification Issues:
17:40:48 [mphillip]
Nothing new
17:40:59 [mphillip]
Topic: URI scheme
17:41:24 [mphillip]
Nothing new
17:41:30 [mphillip]
Topic: AOB:
17:42:18 [mphillip]
We will plan for a call next week - will be cancelled if nothing to say
17:42:31 [Zakim]
-eric
17:42:33 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:42:33 [Zakim]
-Derek
17:42:34 [Zakim]
-mgolbyki
17:42:34 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:42:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Derek, +44.238.026.aaaa, +1.650.846.aabb, Mark, eric, mgolbyki
17:42:48 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:42:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:42:51 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make log public
18:47:24 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
19:25:54 [mgolbyki]
mgolbyki has left #soap-jms
19:31:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms