IRC log of webid on 2011-03-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webid
16:01:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-irc
16:01:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:01:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webid
16:01:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WEBID
16:01:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see INC_WEBID(WEBID)11:00AM already started
16:01:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: WebID Incubator Group Teleconference
16:01:44 [trackbot]
Date: 07 March 2011
16:01:56 [domel]
zakim, who's here?
16:01:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bblfish, PeterW, [IPcaller], ??P40, ??P24
16:01:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, reto, melvster, mike, peterw, osacco, domel, gaedke, mischat, bblfish, webr3, MacTed, AlexPassant, danbri, trackbot
16:01:59 [Zakim]
-??P24
16:02:03 [domel]
zakim, who's here?
16:02:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bblfish, PeterW, [IPcaller], ??P40
16:02:05 [MacTed]
Zakim, code?
16:02:10 [Zakim]
the conference code is 93243 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), MacTed
16:02:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, reto, melvster, mike, peterw, osacco, domel, gaedke, mischat, bblfish, webr3, MacTed, AlexPassant, danbri, trackbot
16:02:18 [mike]
Mike Jones on phone and irc
16:02:19 [MacTed]
(I'll be late by voice, if I make it)
16:02:23 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:02:33 [Zakim]
+ +41.44.500.aaaa
16:02:38 [domel]
zakim, who's here?
16:02:39 [jeffsayre]
jeffsayre has joined #webid
16:02:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bblfish, PeterW, ??P40, +41.44.500.aaaa
16:02:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jeffsayre, Zakim, RRSAgent, reto, melvster, mike, peterw, osacco, domel, gaedke, mischat, bblfish, webr3, MacTed, AlexPassant, danbri, trackbot
16:02:59 [Zakim]
+??P6
16:03:04 [reto]
Zakim, I'm +41.44.500.aaaa
16:03:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I'm +41.44.500.aaaa', reto
16:03:10 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:03:17 [melvster]
me
16:03:23 [melvster]
im the ip caller i think
16:03:41 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:03:44 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:03:47 [reto]
Zakim, I am +41.44.500.aaaa
16:03:47 [Zakim]
+reto; got it
16:03:50 [gburel]
gburel has joined #webid
16:03:57 [webr3]
zakim, i am +[IPcaller]
16:03:57 [Zakim]
sorry, webr3, I do not see a party named '+[IPcaller]'
16:04:00 [domel]
zakim, I am ??P6
16:04:00 [Zakim]
+domel; got it
16:04:01 [webr3]
zakim, i am IPcaller
16:04:01 [Zakim]
ok, webr3, I now associate you with [IPcaller]
16:04:06 [Zakim]
+??P2
16:04:14 [domel]
zakim, who's here?
16:04:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bblfish, PeterW, ??P40, reto, domel, [IPcaller], ??P2
16:04:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gburel, jeffsayre, Zakim, RRSAgent, reto, melvster, mike, peterw, osacco, domel, gaedke, mischat, bblfish, webr3, MacTed, AlexPassant, danbri, trackbot
16:04:19 [melvster]
zakim, +??P2 is me
16:04:19 [peterw]
is the mike jones at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/users the mike jones of microsoft?
16:04:20 [Zakim]
sorry, melvster, I do not recognize a party named '+??P2'
16:04:30 [melvster]
zakim, ??P2 is me
16:04:30 [Zakim]
+melvster; got it
16:04:37 [bblfish]
hi all
16:04:39 [mike]
hi
16:04:49 [bblfish]
who is scribing?
16:05:04 [mike]
peterw, nope Mike Jones Manchester
16:05:09 [Zakim]
+jeffsayre
16:05:11 [peterw]
k thanks
16:05:59 [webr3]
I'll scribe if nobody else wants to
16:06:16 [webr3]
ScribeNick: webr3
16:06:21 [webr3]
Scribe: Nathan Rixham
16:06:39 [webr3]
Topic: Admin
16:07:11 [osacco]
hi all
16:07:28 [jeffsayre]
+1
16:07:29 [domel]
+1
16:07:30 [melvster]
+1
16:07:32 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:07:33 [bblfish]
+1
16:07:34 [reto]
+1
16:07:37 [alexpassant_]
alexpassant_ has joined #webid
16:07:44 [gaedke]
ok
16:07:53 [bblfish]
those were answers to the question if we could pass both previous meetings as keeping
16:08:16 [bblfish]
the http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html
16:08:25 [webr3]
Agreed to last two reports
16:08:42 [gaedke]
zakim, who's here?
16:08:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bblfish, PeterW, ??P40, reto, domel, [IPcaller], melvster, jeffsayre, ??P12
16:08:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see alexpassant_, gburel, jeffsayre, Zakim, RRSAgent, reto, melvster, mike, peterw, osacco, domel, gaedke, mischat, bblfish, webr3, AlexPassant, danbri, trackbot
16:08:49 [webr3]
Zakim, who is making noise?
16:08:58 [Zakim]
+gburel
16:09:00 [Zakim]
webr3, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P12 (23%), bblfish (67%), ??P40 (5%)
16:09:32 [gaedke]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:09:43 [Zakim]
gaedke, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [IPcaller] (9%), ??P40 (15%)
16:09:47 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant
16:09:51 [webr3]
Topic: introduction of any new members
16:09:53 [mike]
I'm new
16:10:02 [gaedke]
Zakim, ??P12 is gaedke
16:10:02 [Zakim]
+gaedke; got it
16:10:08 [webr3]
bblfish: Mike Jones is new
16:10:27 [melvster]
not the rapper i assume :)
16:10:34 [mike]
:)
16:10:48 [webr3]
... mike works with bruno in manchester, bruno who was involved in foaf+ssl early days
16:11:19 [webr3]
mike: we had some early work on how we might be able to integrate foaf+ssl in to our existing technologies, and did some demonstrations
16:11:32 [webr3]
... we have a report coming soon about the process
16:11:41 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #webid
16:11:53 [webr3]
bblfish: so you were using webid with saml, which the uni's in the UK use?
16:12:25 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
16:12:32 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
16:12:32 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
16:12:33 [webr3]
mike: we spotted a problem with some earlier projects that used different protocols, people had to be members of specific organizations
16:12:34 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
16:12:34 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
16:12:42 [webr3]
... webid let us decentralize that
16:13:05 [webr3]
... seeing how we can make dynamic organizations with webid, and try to apply to the grid space
16:13:17 [webr3]
... they already use certficate authentication to start with
16:13:26 [webr3]
... hence webid seemed a good fit
16:13:49 [webr3]
bblfish: look forward to reading the report, we're looking to see how it (WebID) can tie in with SAML
16:14:25 [webr3]
mike: word of caution to start with, we haven't delved in to the whole area of attributes in this respect
16:14:54 [webr3]
... we haven't followed though on the exciting potential of foaf and it's many attributes
16:15:05 [webr3]
bblfish: it's good to have somewhere to start and some experience
16:15:25 [webr3]
... thanks for the great introduction
16:15:31 [webr3]
... anybody else new?
16:15:32 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
16:15:32 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
16:16:07 [webr3]
MacTed: from openlink virtuoso (quick intro)
16:16:17 [webr3]
s/from/I'm from/
16:17:23 [webr3]
bblfish: we need guidance on what to solve next (solve/focus on)
16:17:43 [melvster]
SWAT0
16:18:24 [webr3]
MacTed: where things are at right now, so much has been in flux, for instance SWAT0 (thanks Melvin!), we need to nail things down in general to make progress
16:18:36 [alexpassant_]
FYI - the FSW have a telco tomorrow
16:18:42 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
16:18:42 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
16:18:58 [webr3]
bblfish: I think federated social web is an important related group, you may want to keep tabs or join
16:19:16 [webr3]
Topic: Review of Meeting organisation
16:19:43 [bblfish]
doodle http://doodle.com/ftz28bbt9quabyq8
16:20:04 [jeffsayre]
http://www.w3c.org/2005/incubator/socialweb/
16:20:21 [webr3]
bblfish: reviewing doodle poll of who can join a f2f
16:20:45 [MacTed]
I think this may be the correct URL -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/
16:21:25 [alexpassant_]
q+
16:21:28 [webr3]
bblfish: another possible group may be berlin, 3rd-5th june
16:21:42 [webr3]
s/group may/date may/
16:21:48 [domel]
+1 for Berlin
16:21:52 [bblfish]
+1
16:21:56 [gaedke]
+1
16:21:56 [alexpassant_]
+1
16:21:57 [mike]
*checks calendar*
16:22:05 [webr3]
ack alexpassant_
16:22:14 [jeffsayre]
MacTed: yes, I grabbed the wrong bookmark. :)
16:22:46 [webr3]
alexpassant_: I'll be there and can do the 3rd or 4th, some may be leaving on the 5th
16:23:08 [webr3]
bblfish: can we have another telecon next week?
16:23:23 [reto]
I can from june 4th onwards
16:23:45 [alexpassant_]
my only concern is that semtech starts on the 5th, so would be nice to have the WebID meeting on 3 or 2nd
16:24:13 [jeffsayre]
Semtech 2011 June 5 -9
16:24:22 [webr3]
s/3rd or 4th/2nd or 3rd because of semtech on 5th to 9th/
16:24:30 [alexpassant_]
will you be to semtech jeffsayre ?
16:24:59 [jeffsayre]
alexpassant_: Trying to clear a scheduling conflict so that I can attend.
16:25:14 [webr3]
bblfish: perhaps we can organize to meet in smaller groups, and double up with talking about webid at different conferences
16:25:45 [webr3]
... I am in london at start of april, if anybody wants to meet initially
16:25:57 [webr3]
... berlin meeting will be a good place too
16:26:28 [bblfish]
action, bblfish to doodle berlin
16:26:32 [webr3]
ACTION: bblfish to do a doodle for berlin
16:26:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-19 - Do a doodle for berlin [on Henry Story - due 2011-03-14].
16:27:07 [webr3]
Topic: Deliverables, Review Issue 42
16:27:15 [webr3]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/42
16:27:30 [webr3]
Topic: look at open actions
16:27:41 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/open
16:28:06 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/9?
16:28:11 [bblfish]
ACTION-9?
16:28:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-9 -- Henry Story to explore test case options -- due 2011-02-21 -- OPEN
16:28:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/9
16:29:10 [melvster]
tobyink was i think
16:29:25 [webr3]
bblfish: found perl test cases weren't working
16:30:04 [bblfish]
ACTION-11?
16:30:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 -- Michael Hausenblas to propose F2F meeting -- due 2011-02-21 -- OPEN
16:30:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/11
16:30:05 [webr3]
... toby isn't here unfortuantely, so we'll leave it open till next week
16:30:16 [webr3]
close action-11
16:30:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-11 Propose F2F meeting closed
16:30:32 [gaedke]
not completly
16:30:36 [gaedke]
but will try
16:30:39 [bblfish]
ACTION-13?
16:30:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 -- Henry Story to check whether SIP is possible without telefone connection -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN
16:30:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/13
16:30:39 [gaedke]
with bria
16:30:45 [reto]
will try too
16:30:54 [webr3]
bblfish: is anybody using sip yet?
16:31:09 [webr3]
gaedke: ~ish, using a gate so still paying
16:31:16 [webr3]
close action-13
16:31:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 Check whether SIP is possible without telefone connection closed
16:31:22 [jeffsayre]
I'm sipping tea. Does that count?
16:31:28 [bblfish]
ACTION-14?
16:31:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 -- Henry Story to add sequence diagram to spec via git -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN
16:31:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/14
16:32:10 [webr3]
q+
16:32:37 [mischat]
mischat has joined #webid
16:32:56 [webr3]
[discussion on mercurial and git and where to store things related to the group]
16:33:41 [webr3]
bblfish: we can clone and push and pull from many places to many places
16:34:23 [bblfish]
here: http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/02/23/index-respec.html
16:34:23 [webr3]
q-
16:34:50 [bblfish]
q?
16:34:57 [webr3]
bblfish: I've added a UML sequence diagram to a working spec
16:35:12 [yngve]
yngve has joined #webid
16:35:34 [webr3]
close action-14
16:35:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-14 Add sequence diagram to spec via git closed
16:36:05 [webr3]
bblfish: any views?
16:36:09 [Zakim]
+??P28
16:36:31 [yngve]
Zakim, ??P28 is yngve
16:36:31 [Zakim]
+yngve; got it
16:36:39 [webr3]
[nothing heard - not everyone has had a chance to review throughly, defer]
16:37:26 [jeffsayre]
bblfish: How do we make suggestions, propose alterations to the spec? Is document group-editable?
16:37:59 [MacTed]
changes to doc like this are hard to review when not presented side-by-side with highlights...
16:38:20 [jeffsayre]
Okay, so mercurial would be best to see diffs.
16:38:30 [webr3]
bblfish: to make suggestions of spec change, you can propose text on the list, or fork and edit the spec in rvc
16:39:06 [bblfish]
this is the readme http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/file/eea7b8afca21/spec/README
16:39:42 [webr3]
... perhaps we should improve readme and put a how to on the wiki
16:40:15 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/15?
16:40:19 [bblfish]
ACTION-15?
16:40:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 -- Reto Bachmann-Gmür to start Architecture document in hg -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN
16:40:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/15
16:40:36 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/42
16:41:03 [webr3]
reto: I have started an architecture document skeleton to mercurial
16:41:25 [webr3]
... on w3c mercurial, getting pointer
16:41:43 [bblfish]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/file/eea7b8afca21/spec/architecture-respec.html
16:42:11 [webr3]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/eea7b8afca21/spec/architecture-respec.html
16:42:56 [webr3]
nathan: for dvcs you just click "raw" to see the raw spec (as in, in human readable html normal view)
16:43:04 [webr3]
bblfish: ok, good
16:43:40 [webr3]
close action-15
16:43:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-15 Start Architecture document in hg closed
16:43:53 [webr3]
bblfish: reto has finished the starting :)
16:44:26 [webr3]
reto: hopefulyl everybody can start filling this out now
16:44:35 [webr3]
s/hopefulyl/hopefully
16:44:36 [bblfish]
ACTION-18
16:44:42 [webr3]
close action-18
16:44:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 Weekly Report: last two weekly reports, does something need to be done? closed
16:44:52 [jeffsayre]
q+
16:45:03 [webr3]
action-17?
16:45:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-17 -- Jeff Sayre to take a start at Cross reference SocialWeb XG stories with WebID XG. There will be a handful of intersections that make sense to further develop -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN
16:45:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/17
16:45:31 [webr3]
jeffsayre: i have about 3 pages put together tryign to merge in socialweb xg stories
16:45:39 [webr3]
... question is, where should i put this work, wiki or?
16:46:30 [webr3]
... this is a question we need in general, if it's document where do we put them?
16:46:53 [webr3]
bblfish: mercurial for specs?
16:47:25 [MacTed]
wiki is generally easier for non-dev types (like me ;-) )
16:47:38 [Zakim]
-melvster
16:47:40 [mike]
...and for newcomers like me
16:48:02 [webr3]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:48:12 [Zakim]
webr3, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P40 (4%)
16:48:31 [reto]
me
16:48:41 [webr3]
zakim, ??P40 is reto
16:48:41 [Zakim]
+reto; got it
16:49:02 [webr3]
reto: if it's to be published documents, we should probably put them in dcvs
16:49:53 [alexpassant_]
there's the first official telco tomorrow
16:50:47 [alexpassant_]
q+
16:51:02 [webr3]
ack alexpassant_
16:51:14 [alexpassant_]
not yet
16:51:39 [mischat]
mischat has joined #webid
16:52:27 [webr3]
ack jeffsayre
16:52:37 [jeffsayre]
webr3: :)
16:52:47 [webr3]
jeffsayre: I'll put on the wiki just now, and we can put in dcvs later if needed
16:53:41 [melvster]
melvster has joined #webid
16:53:42 [webr3]
... nathan is goign to write a magic sync the web thingy to sync wiki and dcvs
16:53:49 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl
16:53:50 [webr3]
nathan: mmmnghh
16:53:59 [bblfish]
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/FAQ
16:54:11 [Zakim]
+??P1
16:54:20 [melvster]
zakim, ??P1 is me
16:54:20 [Zakim]
+melvster; got it
16:56:05 [bblfish]
action, webr3 to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks
16:56:07 [webr3]
jeffsayre: can we see about extending the default action length of time?
16:56:26 [webr3]
ACTION: nathan to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks
16:56:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-20 - Find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks [on Nathan Rixham - due 2011-03-14].
16:56:34 [jeffsayre]
Okay, I'll send notice to the mailing list when I've uploaded to the wiki.
16:56:46 [webr3]
thanks jeff
16:57:04 [webr3]
action-16?
16:57:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 -- Henry Story to look into us joining Identity Commons -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN
16:57:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/16
16:57:28 [bblfish]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Mar/0025.html
16:57:43 [webr3]
issue-51?
16:57:43 [trackbot]
ISSUE-51 -- Spec sets wgPatentURI to document related to RDFa WG -- raised
16:57:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/51
16:58:31 [bblfish]
+1
16:58:39 [bblfish]
on the fix
16:58:53 [webr3]
bblfish.. can we accept changes proposed by stephane? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Mar/0025.html
16:58:55 [webr3]
+1
16:59:03 [domel]
+1
16:59:52 [webr3]
RESOLUTION: accept changes stephane proposes in relation to issue-51 (rough consensus)
17:00:16 [webr3]
close issue-51
17:00:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-51 Spec sets wgPatentURI to document related to RDFa WG closed
17:00:21 [bblfish]
ISSUE-36
17:00:26 [webr3]
issue-36?
17:00:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-36 -- Change reference to RFC2818 to the html version -- raised
17:00:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/36
17:00:53 [domel]
-1
17:00:57 [webr3]
bblfish.. i prefer html to text, lets look at this next week
17:01:29 [jeffsayre]
q+
17:01:53 [webr3]
ack jeffsayre
17:02:04 [Zakim]
-reto
17:02:16 [webr3]
bblfish: another meeting enxt week, top of the our, a good social web telconf tomorrow, worth listening in
17:03:02 [bblfish]
trackbot, end meeting
17:03:02 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:03:02 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been bblfish, PeterW, [IPcaller], +41.44.500.aaaa, reto, domel, melvster, jeffsayre, gburel, AlexPassant, gaedke, MacTed, yngve
17:03:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:03:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html trackbot
17:03:03 [webr3]
top of the hour, good bye
17:03:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:03:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-actions.rdf :
17:03:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bblfish to do a doodle for berlin [1]
17:03:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-irc#T16-26-32
17:03:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: nathan to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks [2]
17:03:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-irc#T16-56-26