IRC log of mediaann on 2011-03-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:57:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
11:57:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-irc
11:57:23 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
11:57:23 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
11:58:18 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
11:58:26 [Zakim]
+ +676126aaaa
11:58:55 [jsderber]
zakim, who's here?
11:58:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +676126aaaa
11:58:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, jsderber, trackbot
11:59:35 [jsderber]
Meeting: Media Annotations WG
12:00:21 [Zakim]
+wbailer
12:01:24 [mcsuarez]
mcsuarez has joined #mediaann
12:01:30 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
12:03:15 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.336.aabb
12:03:56 [Zakim]
+??P3
12:04:38 [jsderber]
zakim, who's here?
12:04:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +676126aaaa, wbailer, +34.91.336.aabb, ??P3
12:04:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tmichel, mcsuarez, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, jsderber, trackbot
12:04:50 [tmichel]
can you hear me ?
12:04:53 [jsderber]
no
12:05:14 [tmichel]
yes I am calling with SIP
12:05:51 [jsderber]
Can you hear us?
12:06:09 [tmichel]
seems you can't hear me.
12:06:30 [tmichel]
Yes we should discuss the the F2F in Sophia.
12:06:36 [tmichel]
I will reconnect ...
12:06:41 [Zakim]
-??P3
12:08:20 [Zakim]
+??P3
12:09:03 [tmichel]
yes I hear you 100%
12:09:17 [tmichel]
seems the mic does not work ...
12:09:42 [tmichel]
let me try to fix it
12:09:53 [tmichel]
please proceed ...
12:10:32 [wbailer]
scribe: wbailer
12:10:43 [wbailer]
rrsagent, make logs public
12:11:04 [wbailer]
present: joakim, mari-carmen, thierry, werner
12:11:18 [wbailer]
next meeting: mar 8
12:11:22 [wbailer]
topic: action items
12:12:01 [wbailer]
close actio-302
12:12:10 [wbailer]
close action-302
12:12:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-302 Check out the consistency in the property names in the Ontology document's table closed
12:12:33 [wbailer]
this is done by changes after F2F
12:13:20 [wbailer]
actions 2404 and 2418 refer to ontology doc
12:13:47 [wbailer]
regrets: felix, jean-pierre, florian
12:14:12 [tmichel]
no objections
12:14:30 [wbailer]
close action-334
12:14:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-334 Check if comment 2404 is in the document closed
12:14:35 [wbailer]
close action-343
12:14:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-343 Check if comment 2418 is in the document closed
12:14:48 [wbailer]
360 is pending
12:15:08 [Zakim]
-wbailer
12:16:22 [Zakim]
+wbailer
12:16:22 [jsderber]
we wait for you to come back!
12:16:37 [tmichel]
Is there anyone else using SIP today ?
12:18:09 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #mediaann
12:18:33 [jsderber]
we can hear you, but there is a buzz
12:18:46 [wbailer]
status on 365: made changes to api doc to add references to html5 element
12:18:55 [wbailer]
close action-365
12:18:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-365 Respond to the email in the archive 2419, from Paul Cotton closed
12:19:42 [Zakim]
+pchampin
12:20:36 [pchampin]
+1
12:20:49 [wbailer]
leave 402 and 403 open
12:21:09 [wbailer]
on 403: add a more general statement that URI is to be returned whenever possible
12:21:18 [wbailer]
present+ pierre-antoine
12:21:26 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:21:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:21:50 [wbailer]
topic: lc2 for ontology document
12:22:01 [tmichel]
Move to 2nd LAst for the Ontology draft
12:22:24 [tmichel]
Resolution is to publish the 2nd LAst for the Ontology draft
12:23:06 [wbailer]
chair: joakim
12:23:22 [tmichel]
read .. second Last Call ...
12:23:39 [wbailer]
topic: revision of api doc
12:24:09 [wbailer]
status see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Mar/0001.html
12:25:03 [jsderber]
the plan is to have a draft ready before next telecon
12:25:48 [jsderber]
There are three (new) issues that has to solved
12:26:02 [jsderber]
This will be discussed next meeting!
12:29:23 [pchampin]
zakim, unmute me
12:29:24 [Zakim]
pchampin should no longer be muted
12:36:32 [tmichel]
schema could be an external file for validation ...
12:37:13 [wbailer]
pchampin: put json schema in annex, in different format as examples to make clear
12:37:28 [wbailer]
joakim: developers often prefer examples
12:37:44 [wbailer]
topic: metadata files for rdf test suite
12:37:47 [tmichel]
felix email
12:37:48 [tmichel]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Feb/0092.html
12:37:52 [jsderber]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Feb/0090.html
12:38:57 [jsderber]
To answer the question from Felix, is it mandatory to have all mappings?
12:39:11 [jsderber]
Werner: my strategy is to have as many as possible
12:39:21 [pchampin]
mine too
12:39:30 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:39:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:40:15 [tmichel]
l if you have an image you probably can not use video properties ...
12:40:40 [wbailer]
pchampin: goal for ID3 was to have all properties as possible, might be more difficult for other formats
12:41:03 [pchampin]
maybe we should aim at having for each format a small set of example covering the whole mapping table
12:41:27 [wbailer]
thierry: was not sure what to answer, we should try to use as many properties as possible
12:41:45 [wbailer]
... not all properties might be useful together in one file
12:42:07 [wbailer]
... having a file with only 2-3 properties would not be right
12:43:04 [wbailer]
pchampin: files should cover the whole mapping table, trying to achieve this with as few files as possible
12:43:42 [wbailer]
... otherwise mappings cannot be fully tested
12:43:49 [tmichel]
should use a set of files to covert all the properties for each format
12:44:37 [wbailer]
joakim: not possible to have all properties in one file, if properties are mutually exclusive for different media types
12:44:51 [jsderber]
PA: most important is to have as realisitc exampples as possible
12:44:55 [Zakim]
- +676126aaaa
12:45:09 [wbailer]
... several files are necessary to cover mapping table
12:45:28 [jsderber]
I was kicked out, coming back...
12:45:41 [Zakim]
+ +46.7.61.26.aacc
12:45:54 [wbailer]
thierry: there are formats like dublin core that lack several properties
12:46:30 [wbailer]
... files should cover all properties, for which the corresponding mapping table defines a mapping
12:47:08 [pchampin]
+1
12:47:09 [tmichel]
I agree with PA. files should cover the mapping table properties that are appropriate
12:47:23 [tmichel]
I will answer Felix
12:47:53 [wbailer]
joakim: thierry to answer felix's question
12:48:08 [wbailer]
thierry: table in wiki
12:48:09 [tmichel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Format_mapping_review
12:48:36 [wbailer]
... needs to be more complex to cover several files for a format
12:49:05 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:49:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:49:18 [wbailer]
... have several lines per format
12:50:45 [wbailer]
thierry: will ask silvia for example file again
12:51:04 [wbailer]
... apple will provide files, maybe they need help with rdf
12:51:34 [wbailer]
pchampin: question regarding similar/related properties
12:51:48 [wbailer]
... as examples are going to be used in test cases
12:52:40 [wbailer]
... people would expect their implementations to produce the same RDF
12:53:12 [wbailer]
... but nothing is specified for related properties or values of subtypes
12:53:27 [wbailer]
... subtypes are on purpose unspecified
12:54:01 [wbailer]
... so other implementations might not exactly comply with these examples when implementations make other choices
12:54:30 [wbailer]
... makes automatic comparison against example files impossible
12:55:00 [pchampin]
well, not impossible, but tricky
12:55:48 [wbailer]
eg image, video) for all formats
12:56:35 [wbailer]
s/eg/use the same set of examples /
12:57:55 [wbailer]
thierry: use a few resources and then convert to different formats
12:58:25 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:58:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
12:59:45 [jsderber]
yes
13:00:23 [wbailer]
topic: next f2f
13:00:39 [wbailer]
proposed: june 28-29, sophia, france
13:02:22 [Zakim]
-pchampin
13:02:22 [wbailer]
[adjourned]
13:02:25 [Zakim]
- +46.7.61.26.aacc
13:02:27 [Zakim]
- +34.91.336.aabb
13:02:30 [mcsuarez]
bye
13:02:32 [wbailer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:02:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:02:37 [Zakim]
-wbailer
13:07:38 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ??P3, in IA_MAWG()7:00AM
13:07:42 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
13:07:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were +676126aaaa, wbailer, +34.91.336.aabb, pchampin, +46.7.61.26.aacc
15:01:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann