IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-02-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:58:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/24-wai-wcag-irc
20:58:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:58:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:58:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
20:58:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:58:30 [trackbot]
Date: 24 February 2011
20:59:19 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:59:25 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:59:36 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:19 [Zakim]
+??P1
21:00:31 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011JanMar/0034.html
21:00:45 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:00:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P1 is Adam_Solomon
21:00:55 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
21:02:10 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:34 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
21:05:30 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:06:15 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:26 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen
21:07:14 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:07:25 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:08:34 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:08:49 [jamesn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:08:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Adam_Solomon, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic, James_Nurthen, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:09:27 [marcjohlic]
scribe: marcjohlic
21:11:42 [marcjohlic]
STATUS UPDATE
21:12:07 [marcjohlic]
Ported 8 Silverlight techniques - speeding up - Wolf has offered to help out, Michael will coordinate with him. Targeting March 10th
21:14:41 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2448: use of fieldset should not be required for any group of logically related input elements
21:15:06 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:18:06 [adam]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H71
21:21:02 [Loretta]
For a set of related controls enclosed within a fieldset element:
21:24:14 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:25:12 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:25:19 [David]
sorry I"m late
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<form action="http://example.com/adduser" method="post">
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<fieldset>
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<legend>Residential Address</legend>
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<input type="radio" name="addressType" value="R" title="Use this address">
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<label for="raddress">Address: </label>
21:30:28 [jamesn]
<input type="text" id="raddress" name="raddress" />
21:30:31 [jamesn]
<label for="rzip">Postal/Zip Code: </label>
21:30:33 [jamesn]
<input type="text" id="rzip" name="rzip" />
21:30:35 [jamesn]
...more residential address information...
21:30:37 [jamesn]
</fieldset>
21:30:39 [jamesn]
<fieldset>
21:30:41 [jamesn]
<legend>Postal Address</legend>
21:30:43 [jamesn]
<input type="radio" name="addressType" value="P" title="Use this address">
21:30:45 [jamesn]
<label for="paddress">Address: </label>
21:30:47 [jamesn]
<input type="text" id="paddress" name="paddress" />
21:30:48 [jamesn]
<label for="pzip">Postal/Zip Code: </label>
21:30:51 [jamesn]
<input type="text" id="pzip" name="pzip" />
21:30:53 [jamesn]
...more postal address information...
21:30:54 [jamesn]
</fieldset>
21:30:57 [jamesn]
</form>
21:33:59 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:35:35 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:39:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:44:05 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:48:18 [Loretta]
For a set of related controls enclosed within a fieldset element:
21:49:32 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:49:50 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:50:24 [David]
For a set of logically related controls enclosed within a fieldset element:
21:58:47 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: adam to work on clarifying the Test procedure for this technique
21:58:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-128 - Work on clarifying the Test procedure for this technique [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-03-03].
21:59:24 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Open pending action item
21:59:37 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2457: H93 and H94 are out of place
21:59:47 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:00:06 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2465: Test needs specification of window size and criteria for compliance
22:00:30 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
22:00:42 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2467: H82 missing?
22:00:56 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:01:07 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2471: H89: certainly cannot be a sufficient technique
22:01:13 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:01:22 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2472: Sufficient techniques- definition and guidance
22:01:35 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:01:46 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2474: Require both sufficient techniques
22:05:50 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:24:18 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:24:57 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2437: I think there is a failure missing
22:27:14 [Loretta]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=F3:_Failure_of_Success_Criterion_1.1.1_due_to_using_CSS_to_include_images_that_convey_important_information
22:29:30 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
22:30:27 [David]
david@eramp.com
22:34:19 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:34:20 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
22:34:20 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:34:22 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:34:22 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:34:25 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:34:26 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:34:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Michael_Cooper, Adam_Solomon, Marc_Johlic, James_Nurthen, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Tim_Boland, David_MacDonald
22:38:41 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
22:38:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
22:38:41 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
22:38:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
22:38:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/24-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
22:38:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
22:38:43 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/24-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:38:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: adam to work on clarifying the Test procedure for this technique [1]
22:38:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/24-wai-wcag-irc#T21-58-47