IRC log of xproc on 2011-02-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:54:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-xproc-irc
14:54:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xproc
14:54:12 [Norm]
zakim, this will be xproc
14:54:12 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; I see XML_PMWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:14 [Norm]
test
14:54:15 [Norm]
test
14:54:16 [Norm]
test
14:54:31 [Norm]
Norm has joined #xproc
14:54:50 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
14:54:52 [Norm]
Date: 17 February 2011
14:54:54 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-agenda
14:54:56 [Norm]
Meeting: 189
14:54:58 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
14:55:00 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
14:55:02 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
14:55:56 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
14:59:40 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has now started
14:59:44 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
14:59:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.413.624.aaaa
15:00:02 [ht]
zakim, code?
15:00:02 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), ht
15:00:22 [Zakim]
+[ArborText]
15:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P21
15:00:53 [ht]
zakim, ? is me
15:00:57 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
15:01:06 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:02:06 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
15:04:40 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Norm, Henry, Alex
15:04:44 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:04:44 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-agenda.html
15:04:48 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:04:53 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:04:53 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/03-minutes.html
15:04:58 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:05:03 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 24 Feb 2011?
15:05:18 [Norm]
Henry gives regrets for 24 Feb; no other regrets heard.
15:05:35 [Norm]
Topic: Review of XML processor profiles draft
15:05:39 [Norm]
Norm: Thank you, Henry.
15:06:26 [Norm]
Paul: I like the way it's going, but I'm still not entirely sure what the different classes, A, A', and B are.
15:07:05 [Norm]
Henry: Yes, I agree. When I started, I thought there'd be one class per profile, but that's not the way it worked out. I'll add a gloss.
15:07:16 [Norm]
Paul: My other two things were even more editorial.
15:07:49 [Norm]
...I'm not sure if everyone will understand the distinctions between information items and properties and the classes.
15:08:02 [Norm]
Henry: I'll think about that. I'm not sure an attempt to clarify would help.
15:08:35 [Norm]
Paul: Given that we're thinking of releasing a third edition of the Infoset, I wonder if we should make the reference to 3rd edition.
15:09:03 [Norm]
s/3rd edition/edition agnostic Infoset/
15:09:12 [Norm]
s/3rd edition/edition agnostic Infoset/
15:09:40 [Norm]
Norm: Vojtech also had some questions, but he's not here.
15:10:02 [Norm]
Henry: I'll try to get John Cowan or Richard Tobin to look carefully at it and see if I've got the class annotations correct. Some of these are not at all obvious.
15:10:12 [Norm]
...In some cases the choices are a little arbitrary.
15:11:17 [Norm]
...They could be wrong. I'm going to wait a week and then try to take a fresh look.
15:11:53 [Norm]
...The question Vojtech asks is a tricky one. I had forgotten I think that references isn't just for ID/IDREF.
15:13:09 [Norm]
Alex: Should processing instruction notation just be X? References is more complicated.
15:14:31 [Norm]
Henry: I really don't like making references implementation dependent. This just gets a little messier. As it says several times, this table uses items/properties to identify things in the document. There are multiple data models.
15:14:47 [Norm]
...I'm going to leave notations and unparsed entities as X, but
15:14:48 [Norm]
Henry: I really don't like making references implementation dependent. This just gets a little messier. As it says several times, this table uses items/properties to identify things in the document. There are multiple data models.
15:14:50 [Norm]
...I'm going to leave notations and unparsed entities as X, but
15:15:23 [Norm]
I'm to change processing instruction notation to X, but I'll split id/idref references and entities/entities notation references into two parts.
15:15:34 [Norm]
...Everybody should report the references property with respect to IDs, that's not negotiable.
15:15:40 [Norm]
s/I'm to change/...I'm going to change/
15:16:55 [Norm]
Henry: Does that sound like it works?
15:16:58 [Norm]
Norm: I think so...
15:17:09 [Norm]
Norm: So, Henry, you're going to prepare another draft for us?
15:18:06 [Norm]
Henry: Yes. I'm afraid this means another WD though.
15:18:09 [Norm]
Norm: Yes, but that's fine.
15:18:56 [Norm]
Topic: Namespace documents
15:19:05 [Norm]
Norm: Mohamed pointed out a few more oversights, anyone else see any problems?
15:19:45 [Norm]
Nobody says so.
15:20:40 [Norm]
Norm: Ok, I'll fix the problems Mohamed pointed out and try again.
15:20:53 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:21:10 [Norm]
Alex: Do we have an XProc meeting planned at XML Prague?
15:22:19 [Norm]
Henry: I've agreed to do a 10 minute slot about processor profiles.
15:22:32 [Norm]
Alex: It would be nice to get some feedback.
15:23:09 [Norm]
Adjourned.
15:23:11 [Zakim]
-PGrosso
15:23:14 [Zakim]
-Norm
15:23:18 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world visible
15:23:18 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:23:21 [Zakim]
-ht
15:23:22 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:23:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-xproc-minutes.html Norm
15:23:22 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has ended
15:23:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.413.624.aaaa, PGrosso, ht, Norm, Alex_Milows
15:23:29 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
16:00:14 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
17:28:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc