IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-02-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:57:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-irc
20:57:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:57:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:57:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
20:57:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:57:30 [trackbot]
Date: 17 February 2011
20:57:48 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011JanMar/0028.html
20:57:54 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:59:17 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:59:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.727.391.aaaa
20:59:58 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:00 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen
21:00:25 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:00:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Marc_Johlic
21:00:42 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic; got it
21:00:52 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:01:21 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:01:33 [Zakim]
+??P5
21:01:43 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P5 is Adam_Solomon
21:01:43 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
21:02:54 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:03:03 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:03:22 [w3c1]
w3c1 has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:01 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:04:07 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:59 [w3c1]
zakim, who is noisy?
21:05:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aabb
21:05:12 [Zakim]
w3c1, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: Michael_Cooper (12%), Bruce_Bailey (56%), David_MacDonald (19%)
21:05:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:05:19 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid; got it
21:05:28 [w3c1]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:05:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Marc_Johlic, James_Nurthen, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Adam_Solomon, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:06:38 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:30 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:08:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:09:01 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:09:19 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:09:24 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:12:04 [David]
topic: is WCAG a good home for HTML 5 techniques before the standard is settled... not for discussion today but to think about
21:13:22 [David]
James recommended that we publish them with a note something like "these techniques are based on the current status of the standard and may change..."
21:16:04 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:16:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute Tim
21:16:38 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
21:21:44 [Loretta]
Note: IT IS PREFERABLE FOR LINKS TO BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES, SINCE USERS NAVIGATING VIA THE KEYBOARD INCLUDE switch users, those using techniques that generate keyboard strokes slowly, screen magnification software users, screen reader users working with sighted colleagues, keyboard only users and those navigating using voice recognition software. HOWEVER, SUCCESS CRITERION 2.4.1 DOES NOT REQUIRE THAT THEY BE VISIBLE WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE FOCUS, AND LINKS
21:25:20 [David]
http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-focus-visible.html
21:31:32 [David]
Resolution: accept as proposed Issue LC-2456: Reword G1 'Description' and 'Note'. (This will make "Skip to Main" as a permanent visible link)
21:32:30 [David]
Resolution accept as proposed: Issue LC-2469: SCR19 applies to SC 3.2.2 too
21:33:05 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2438: Test in G68 does not seem to fit
21:39:37 [David]
resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2438: Test in G68 does not seem to fit
21:39:54 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2427: F61: 24 hours?
21:45:25 [David]
Resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2427: F61: 24 hours? (changed from 24 hours to 10x the default change of context time.
21:48:12 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:49:45 [David]
resolution: WCAG group accept with suggestions EOWG is proposing an update to WCAG 2 at a Glance.
21:52:08 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2466: Requirement for 200% text increase nearly impossible to meet in most cases
21:55:51 [MichaelC]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Post_WCAG_2#Techniques
21:56:42 [David]
resolution: Accept as proposed:Issue LC-2466: Requirement for 200% text increase nearly impossible to meet in most cases
21:57:01 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2445: The test for the correct use of longdesc should be conditional on its application
21:58:14 [David]
resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2445: The test for the correct use of longdesc should be conditional on its application
21:58:54 [David]
topic: was before last topic... Issue LC-2443: The test should include a check whether the function to turn off blinking content is documented
22:02:53 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:03:17 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to draft a section about testing techniques for the Introduction to Techniques, relates to comment 2445
22:03:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-125 - Draft a section about testing techniques for the Introduction to Techniques, relates to comment 2445 [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-02-24].
22:03:59 [David]
ccept as amended Issue LC-2443: The test should include a check whether the function to turn off blinking content is documented
22:04:44 [David]
resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2443: The test should include a check whether the function to turn off blinking content is documented
22:05:15 [David]
reolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2447: Test whether all th Elements have scope attribute misleading
22:05:41 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2448: use of fieldset should not be required for any group of logically related input elements
22:09:56 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:10:32 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2448: use of fieldset should not be required for any group of logically related input elements
22:12:22 [David]
action: Loretta to reword H71 for comment LC2448
22:12:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-126 - Reword H71 for comment LC2448 [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2011-02-24].
22:13:08 [MichaelC]
action-126: see comments in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20110127misc/results#x2448
22:13:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-126 Reword H71 for comment LC2448 notes added
22:13:36 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2457: H93 and H94 are out of place
22:22:21 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:22:22 [David]
Topic: Issue LC-2449: Test for percent is in itself not meaningful, should encompass %, em, font size names
22:26:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aacc
22:26:47 [MichaelC]
zakim, aacc is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:26:47 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
22:28:55 [David]
Resolution: accepted as amended Issue LC-2449: Test for percent is in itself not meaningful, should encompass %, em, font size names
22:29:20 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2450: Test contradicts other options to meet SC 1.4.4
22:29:55 [David]
resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2450: Test contradicts other options to meet SC 1.4.4
22:30:10 [David]
Issue LC-2451: Check for CSS seems less useful than test for use of deprecated elements (e.g., font, center, strike, i, b, u)
22:30:16 [David]
topic:
22:30:21 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2451: Check for CSS seems less useful than test for use of deprecated elements (e.g., font, center, strike, i, b, u)
22:33:47 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:36:30 [David]
resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2451: Check for CSS seems less useful than test for use of deprecated elements (e.g., font, center, strike, i, b, u)
22:37:06 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2437: I think there is a failure missing
22:42:55 [David]
action: on Adam to look into the issue surrounding 2437 comment, and get back to the working group...
22:42:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - on
22:43:25 [David]
action: Adam to look into the issue surrounding 2437 comment, and get back to the working group..
22:43:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-127 - Look into the issue surrounding 2437 comment, and get back to the working group.. [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-02-24].
22:43:59 [David]
Resolution: leave open 2437 pending adam's research
22:44:24 [David]
Resolution: accept as amended Issue LC-2459: Table heading in H63
22:44:46 [David]
topic: Issue LC-2433: SM6, SM7: SC 1.2.5
22:51:13 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:51:14 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:51:15 [Zakim]
-Adam_Solomon
22:51:16 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:51:17 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:51:24 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
22:51:29 [w3c1]
w3c1 has left #wai-wcag
23:16:41 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
23:16:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
23:16:41 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.727.391.aaaa, James_Nurthen, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic, Bruce_Bailey, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Adam_Solomon, David_MacDonald,
23:16:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
23:16:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
23:16:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to draft a section about testing techniques for the Introduction to Techniques, relates to comment 2445 [1]
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-03-17
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to reword H71 for comment LC2448 [2]
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-12-22
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: on Adam to look into the issue surrounding 2437 comment, and get back to the working group... [3]
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-42-55
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Adam to look into the issue surrounding 2437 comment, and get back to the working group.. [4]
23:16:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-43-25
23:16:45 [Zakim]
... +1.650.214.aabb, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, +1.617.584.aacc