IRC log of html-a11y on 2011-02-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

00:16:06 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
02:13:51 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
15:55:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
15:55:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-irc
15:55:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:55:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-a11y
15:55:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
15:55:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:55:39 [trackbot]
Date: 03 February 2011
15:55:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
15:56:22 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM has now started
15:56:27 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot
15:57:12 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0040.html
15:57:21 [JF]
JF has joined #html-a11y
15:57:22 [MichaelC]
regrets: Laura_Carlson, Denis_Boudreau
15:58:47 [Marco_Ranon]
Marco_Ranon has joined #html-a11y
15:59:13 [kliehm]
kliehm has joined #html-a11y
16:00:10 [Zakim]
+Eric_Carlson
16:00:11 [Zakim]
+??P30
16:00:18 [eric_carlson]
eric_carlson has joined #html-a11y
16:00:36 [Zakim]
-??P30
16:00:49 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, code?
16:00:50 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2119 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), MikeSmith
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+??P55
16:01:38 [Zakim]
+??P54
16:02:05 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-a11y
16:02:08 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:02:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, ??P55, ??P54
16:02:28 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P54 is Janina_Sajka
16:02:30 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
16:02:39 [Zakim]
+Dave_Pawson
16:02:41 [Zakim]
+Janina_Sajka; got it
16:03:00 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P55 is Steve_Faulkner
16:03:01 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:07 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
16:03:11 [Zakim]
+Steve_Faulkner; got it
16:03:17 [Zakim]
+??P16
16:03:22 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:04:00 [MikeSmith]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0040.html
16:04:09 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:04:18 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P16 is Marco_Ranon
16:04:18 [Zakim]
+Marco_Ranon; got it
16:04:28 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:04:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, Steve_Faulkner, Janina_Sajka, Michael_Cooper, Dave_Pawson, [Microsoft], Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly
16:04:31 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:04:48 [MichaelC]
zakim, Marco is unknown
16:04:48 [Zakim]
+unknown; got it
16:04:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, Dave_Pawson is Marco_Ranon
16:04:58 [Zakim]
+Marco_Ranon; got it
16:05:13 [MichaelC]
zakim, unknown is Mike_Smith
16:05:13 [Zakim]
+Mike_Smith; got it
16:06:07 [Zakim]
+kliehm
16:06:55 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-a11y
16:07:13 [MikeSmith]
Topic: bug triage subteam report
16:07:30 [MikeSmith]
scribe: Marco_Ranon
16:08:40 [Marco_Ranon]
we checked bugs with need info and contribuited where possible or ressigned to the reporters
16:09:09 [Marco_Ranon]
in some cases we need the TF help
16:09:21 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9817
16:10:43 [Stevef]
q+
16:11:11 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: we need to think of a case for making detail focusable
16:11:14 [MikeSmith]
ack Stevef
16:12:58 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: there should be a way to provide a clickable label for the disclosure widget
16:13:02 [MikeSmith]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/interactive-elements.html#the-details-element
16:14:17 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: this is an example of how it should work. is that clear in the specs?
16:14:51 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: who should follow up?
16:14:53 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:15:52 [MikeSmith]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#the-details-element-0
16:16:03 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: RS and I disagrre on this. But I will follow up.
16:16:32 [MikeSmith]
"The first container is expected to contain at least one line box, and that line box is expected to contain a disclosure widget (typically a triangle), horizontally positioned within the left padding of the details element. That widget is expected to allow the user to request that the details be shown or hidden."
16:16:36 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: is it a priority?
16:17:18 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:17:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-minutes.html MichaelC
16:18:47 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: not actively implemented, to be checked
16:18:59 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249
16:19:46 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: Ian is expecting a proposal
16:20:20 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: we should get an implementer to comment.
16:20:29 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: who can we ask to?
16:20:30 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:20:59 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: I'll ping RS to check if this is still relevant
16:21:09 [Marco_Ranon]
zakim, mute me
16:21:09 [Zakim]
Marco_Ranon should now be muted
16:21:09 [richardschwerdtfe]
richardschwerdtfe has joined #html-a11y
16:21:48 [Zakim]
+Rich
16:22:12 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249
16:23:55 [Marco_Ranon]
RS: should I add more info? we can do it with a ARIA, but we don't have the full solution
16:25:37 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: please discuss this with the reevant people and in the meantime add a comment to the bug.
16:26:12 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10252
16:27:33 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: can we expect Gregory to pick up on this?
16:27:54 [Marco_Ranon]
JF: i can ping gregory
16:28:17 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10713
16:28:40 [Marco_Ranon]
MC: Everett is probably not going to follow up
16:29:25 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: we asked Gez Lemon to folow up
16:29:43 [Marco_Ranon]
MC: assign to GL to either close or provide more info
16:30:01 [Marco_Ranon]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10938
16:30:02 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10938
16:30:57 [Marco_Ranon]
MC: do the TF want to take this up in relation to longdesc?
16:32:15 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: one comment to add to the bug could be that we are looking at this in relation with longdesc
16:32:53 [Marco_Ranon]
MC: do we need to reassign it to Leif?
16:33:19 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: Yes
16:33:44 [Marco_Ranon]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11892
16:33:46 [MikeSmith]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11892
16:34:09 [Marco_Ranon]
zakim, unmute me
16:34:09 [Zakim]
Marco_Ranon should no longer be muted
16:34:22 [Marco_Ranon]
zakim, mute me
16:34:22 [Zakim]
Marco_Ranon should now be muted
16:34:59 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:35:02 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: new bug. not a priority for the TF probably
16:35:55 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: I can send a message to the list to alert the WG
16:37:28 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: do we know how to resolve this issue between ARIA and HTML specs?
16:38:25 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: if we wait well need to rise a LC issue
16:39:24 [Marco_Ranon]
MC: no changes in bugzilla yet
16:40:01 [Marco_Ranon]
TOPIC: media subteam
16:40:22 [Stevef]
miksmith: note behaviour in mac for disclosure widgets is only the little triangle to take clicks
16:41:28 [Stevef]
MikeSmith: so ability to label is important, also any control needs to be labelable full stop
16:41:40 [Marco_Ranon]
JF: we are looking into a new timestamp format used a lot but not in the HTML5 radar
16:41:59 [Stevef]
MikeSmith: and its not currently
16:42:49 [Marco_Ranon]
JF: we need to deal with multi content (subtiteles, etc) which is live discussion
16:44:13 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:46:00 [JF]
+Q
16:49:19 [JF]
ack JF
16:50:25 [Marco_Ranon]
Topic: ARIA Mapping
16:51:13 [MikeSmith]
s/MikeSmith:/MikeSmith, /g
16:51:34 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: we need to understand what needs to go into the specs
16:51:46 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: the API doc is in progress by I need help
16:52:00 [Marco_Ranon]
SF: i need input from implementors
16:53:15 [Marco_Ranon]
MS: anyone in TF can help? how can we help?
16:53:20 [richardschwerdtfe]
q+
16:53:47 [Zakim]
-Janina_Sajka
16:53:59 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:54:00 [Stevef]
i am being skype f*cked
16:54:18 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:54:19 [MikeSmith]
ack richardschwerdtfe
16:55:13 [Zakim]
+Marco_Ranon.a
16:58:03 [Zakim]
-Marco_Ranon
16:58:18 [Marco_Ranon]
zakim, mute me
16:58:18 [Zakim]
Marco_Ranon.a should now be muted
16:58:49 [paulc]
Leaving for HTML WG Weekly call.
16:58:55 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:59:25 [Zakim]
-Rich
16:59:46 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:00:13 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:00:14 [Zakim]
-Eric_Carlson
17:00:15 [Marco_Ranon]
zakim, unmute me
17:00:15 [Zakim]
Marco_Ranon.a should no longer be muted
17:00:16 [Zakim]
-kliehm
17:00:16 [Zakim]
-Steve_Faulkner
17:00:17 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
17:00:17 [Zakim]
-Mike_Smith
17:00:19 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
17:00:28 [janina]
janina has left #html-a11y
17:00:50 [Zakim]
-Marco_Ranon.a
17:00:51 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM has ended
17:00:52 [Zakim]
Attendees were John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka, Steve_Faulkner, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, Marco_Ranon, Mike_Smith, kliehm, Rich, [IPcaller]
17:03:21 [Marco_Ranon]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:03:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-minutes.html Marco_Ranon
17:26:45 [richardschwerdtfe]
ok. I updated Bug
17:26:45 [richardschwerdtfe]
10249
17:32:05 [MikeSmith]
richardschwerdtfe, thanks
17:38:02 [richardschwerdtfe]
yw
18:06:22 [eric_carlson]
eric_carlson has left #html-a11y
19:19:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-a11y
20:26:02 [silvia]
silvia has joined #html-a11y
21:36:57 [silvia]
silvia has joined #html-a11y
22:27:30 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #html-a11y
22:36:14 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #html-a11y