IRC log of dap on 2011-02-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:00:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-dap-irc
14:00:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:00:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:00:31 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 60 minutes
14:00:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference
14:00:32 [trackbot]
Date: 02 February 2011
14:01:00 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/0002.html
14:01:33 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 ; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/0002.html ; please register Present+ first_last and update zakim (fjh)
14:02:02 [fjh]
Regrets+ Suresh_Chitturi, Frederick_Hirsch
14:52:55 [darobin]
darobin has joined #dap
14:54:24 [fjh]
Chair: Robin_Berjon
14:55:01 [Dzung_Tran]
Dzung_Tran has joined #dap
14:55:09 [Dzung_Tran]
Present+ Dzung_Tran
14:56:24 [darobin]
fjh: thanks a lot!
14:56:38 [darobin]
dom: I need to rush out and back, I might be 90 seconds late
14:56:54 [dom]
s/dom:/dom,/
14:57:06 [dom]
s/fjh:/fjh,/
14:59:12 [Claes]
Claes has joined #dap
14:59:31 [Claes]
Present+ Claes_Nilsson
14:59:37 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #dap
15:00:00 [nwidell]
Present+ Niklas_Widell
15:00:19 [dom]
Zakim, code?
15:00:19 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), dom
15:00:35 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
15:00:37 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:39 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:00:43 [dom]
Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:00:43 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:01:17 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
15:01:22 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaaa
15:01:22 [Zakim]
- +46.1.08.01.aaaa
15:01:24 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aaaa
15:01:28 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.15.aabb
15:01:41 [nwidell]
Zakim, aabb is nwidell
15:01:41 [Zakim]
+nwidell; got it
15:01:45 [cmarc]
cmarc has joined #dap
15:02:00 [Claes]
Zakim, aaaa is Claes
15:02:00 [Zakim]
+Claes; got it
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +358.504.86aacc
15:02:08 [AnssiK]
zakim, aacc is me
15:02:08 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
15:02:15 [cmarc]
Present+ Cecile_Marc
15:02:21 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
15:03:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.691.aadd
15:03:28 [Zakim]
+harry
15:03:43 [dom]
Zakim, aadd is probably Harald
15:03:43 [Zakim]
+Harald?; got it
15:03:52 [hta]
hta has joined #dap
15:03:58 [dom]
Zakim, harry is really robin
15:04:09 [Zakim]
+robin; got it
15:04:18 [hta]
I have no idea what number I show up as this time...
15:04:55 [bryan_sullivan]
bryan_sullivan has joined #dap
15:05:01 [Zakim]
+Vincent_Mahe
15:05:34 [dom]
Zakim, Vincent_Mahe is really Cecile_Mark
15:05:36 [Zakim]
+Cecile_Mark; got it
15:05:38 [jgiraud]
jgiraud has joined #dap
15:05:41 [dom]
s/Mark/Marc
15:05:55 [jgiraud]
Present+ Jerome_Giraud
15:05:56 [nwidell]
Need to drop off irc for 20 mins or so, will remain on phone
15:06:36 [AnssiK]
I can volunteer to be a scribe today
15:06:45 [darobin]
Scribe: Anssi
15:06:48 [darobin]
ScribeNick: AnssiK
15:07:16 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
15:07:22 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Jan/0006.html
15:07:34 [Zakim]
+Ingmar
15:07:43 [AnssiK]
darobin: TPAC 2011 will be in Nov, 2011, five days meeting
15:08:04 [darobin]
proposed RESOLUTION: Schedule DAP F2F during TPAC 2011 for 3-4 November 2011.
15:08:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aaee
15:08:25 [AnssiK]
... DAP proposed to meet Thu+Fri on the TPAC week, ok?
15:08:42 [bryan_sullivan]
present+ bryan_sullivan
15:09:00 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: Schedule DAP F2F during TPAC 2011 for 3-4 November 2011
15:09:01 [ingmar]
present+ Ingmar_Kliche
15:09:04 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Feb/0000.html
15:09:23 [AnssiK]
darobin: there's Zakim VIP access, see the link for more infp
15:09:29 [AnssiK]
s/infp/info/
15:09:30 [dom]
s/VIP/VoIP/
15:09:47 [darobin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Jan/0096.html
15:09:47 [AnssiK]
... Messaging API draft was published last week
15:10:09 [AnssiK]
... let's discuss a bit about the Web Introducer, Claes, any news?
15:10:41 [darobin]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/seoul-f2f-reg/
15:10:41 [AnssiK]
... (unable to hear Claes)
15:11:10 [AnssiK]
... there's a reg. page for DAP F2F, time to register to help host work out the logistics
15:11:17 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Minutes approval
15:11:18 [darobin]
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 19 January 2011 approved
15:11:46 [AnssiK]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 19 January 2011 approved
15:11:54 [dom]
q+ to mention rechartering
15:11:56 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Contacts
15:12:49 [darobin]
ack dom
15:12:49 [Zakim]
dom, you wanted to mention rechartering
15:12:57 [AnssiK]
do people want to discuss the APIs now or re-schedule for the next week (low participation)?
15:13:14 [AnssiK]
dom: we've been working on a new charter
15:13:25 [AnssiK]
... I've sent a mail to the list to ask for feedback on that
15:13:44 [AnssiK]
... it's just a draft, and I expect us to spend some time on that during the F2F
15:13:57 [darobin]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/DeviceAPICharter.html
15:14:03 [dom]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Feb/0005.html
15:14:20 [AnssiK]
... all feedback welcome
15:15:09 [AnssiK]
niklas: what was the main problem with the existing charter
15:15:17 [AnssiK]
dom: too broad a scope was one thing
15:15:48 [AnssiK]
... in addition, policy framework and group's approach to privacy
15:16:28 [AnssiK]
... summary: all changes in the charter were based on specific feedback from implementors
15:17:17 [AnssiK]
bryan: there are web runtime vendors who are implementing BONDI etc. policy* parts
15:17:58 [AnssiK]
dom: there has been very little concrete contributions toward the group
15:19:11 [AnssiK]
bryan: Q on whether policy aspects are baked in the new charter
15:19:28 [AnssiK]
dom: participation from the implementors is the key, that's lacking re policy*
15:21:23 [AnssiK]
darobin: feedback re re-chartering can be provided via all the usual channels
15:21:31 [AnssiK]
... any other issues?
15:21:32 [dom]
Regets +Lazlo
15:21:36 [dom]
Regrets +Lazlo
15:21:39 [Zakim]
-nwidell
15:21:41 [Zakim]
- +1.425.214.aaee
15:21:42 [Zakim]
-Cecile_Mark
15:21:44 [Zakim]
-dom
15:21:46 [Zakim]
-Harald?
15:21:47 [Zakim]
-robin
15:21:49 [AnssiK]
TOPIC: Adjourn
15:22:12 [darobin]
thanks AnssiK
15:22:18 [Zakim]
-Ingmar
15:22:20 [darobin]
RRSAgent: make minutes
15:22:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-dap-minutes.html darobin
15:22:26 [Zakim]
-Claes
15:22:30 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
15:22:31 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:22:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were dom, +46.1.08.01.aaaa, +46.1.07.15.aabb, nwidell, Claes, +358.504.86aacc, AnssiK, +1.650.691.aadd, Harald?, robin, Cecile_Mark, Ingmar, +1.425.214.aaee
15:24:47 [darobin]
RRSAgent: bye
15:24:47 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items