IRC log of sparql on 2011-02-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:48:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:48:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:48:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
14:48:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
14:48:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:48:06 [trackbot]
Date: 01 February 2011
14:48:08 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be sparql
14:48:08 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:40 [kasei]
14:48:56 [LeeF]
can you call me direct? 617-553-1060
14:49:27 [ocorby]
ocorby has joined #sparql
14:52:22 [LeeF]
14:55:29 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
14:56:08 [LeeF]
14:56:10 [LeeF]
14:56:16 [LeeF]
14:56:18 [LeeF]
14:56:24 [AxelPolleres]
14:56:47 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:56:47 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, AxelPolleres
14:56:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AxelPolleres, ocorby, Zakim, RRSAgent, karl, kasei, SteveH, AndyS, LeeF, iv_an_ru, pgearon, sandro, trackbot, ericP
14:56:59 [AxelPolleres]
trackbot, start meeting
14:57:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:57:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
14:57:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:57:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:57:04 [trackbot]
Date: 01 February 2011
14:57:10 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #sparql
14:57:13 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:57:18 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
14:57:20 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:57:27 [Zakim]
14:57:30 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Chime, AlexPassant
14:57:31 [AndyS]
zakim, P14 is me
14:57:31 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P14'
14:57:38 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P14 is me
14:57:38 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:57:42 [Zakim]
14:58:03 [Zakim]
14:58:09 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:58:09 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:58:13 [Zakim]
14:58:26 [Zakim]
+ +420.8.439.aaaa
14:58:32 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:58:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, pgearon, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, +420.8.439.aaaa
14:58:41 [SteveH__]
Zakim, aaaa is [Garlik]
14:58:41 [Zakim]
+[Garlik]; got it
14:58:43 [Zakim]
14:58:49 [SteveH__]
Zakim, [Garlik] is temporarily me
14:58:49 [Zakim]
+SteveH__; got it
14:58:51 [NicoM]
NicoM has joined #sparql
14:59:20 [LeeF]
Filter(Group(Bind(BGP(...) ...)))
14:59:49 [Zakim]
14:59:49 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
14:59:51 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is speaking?
14:59:53 [SteveH]
Zakim, SteveH__ is me
14:59:53 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
15:00:05 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Lee_Feigenbaum (21%), AxelPolleres (21%), ocorby (4%)
15:00:12 [Zakim]
15:00:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.973.4.aabb
15:00:49 [kasei]
scribenick: kasei
15:01:17 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, pgearon, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, SteveH, ocorby, Lee_Feigenbaum, kasei, +1.973.4.aabb
15:01:45 [AndyS]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:01:55 [Zakim]
AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Lee_Feigenbaum (22%), cbuilara (44%), AxelPolleres (9%)
15:02:08 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
15:02:10 [cbuilara]
zakim, mute me
15:02:10 [Zakim]
cbuilara should now be muted
15:02:22 [Zakim]
15:02:33 [NicoM]
don't see me on the list, but its not me
15:02:35 [Zakim]
15:02:41 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:02:42 [NicoM]
so aabb is not me
15:02:42 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
15:02:53 [Zakim]
15:02:56 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, pgearon, cbuilara (muted), AxelPolleres, SteveH, ocorby, Lee_Feigenbaum, kasei, +1.973.4.aabb, bglimm (muted), sandro, MattPerry
15:03:17 [kasei]
assign them all the work
15:03:28 [bglimm]
+1 to kasei
15:03:33 [LeeF]
15:03:43 [Zakim]
- +1.973.4.aabb
15:04:06 [kasei]
topic: admin
15:04:08 [NicoM]
ok it was me, but don't have an us number...
15:04:21 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at
15:04:33 [AxelPolleres]
nico, please re-dial...
15:04:33 [sandro]
NicoM, yeah, CallerID sometimes behaves very strangely.
15:04:47 [AndyS]
15:04:49 [Zakim]
+ +49.911.973.4.aacc
15:05:00 [NicoM]
zakim, +49 is me
15:05:00 [Zakim]
+NicoM; got it
15:05:18 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: check minutes from last time
15:05:18 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - check
15:05:30 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to check minutes from last time
15:05:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-380 - Check minutes from last time [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-02-08].
15:06:17 [AndyS]
15:06:22 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: haven't addressed comments table yet. if you've got feedback, let us know.
15:06:40 [kasei]
... please look over JP-3 so we can approve it.
15:06:49 [kasei]
... any other comment responses drafted?
15:07:15 [MattPerry]
15:07:23 [AxelPolleres]
matt to scribe next week
15:07:35 [kasei]
topic: to last call
15:07:42 [AxelPolleres]
15:07:44 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: wiki page for last call
15:08:12 [kasei]
... query document status? Andy or Steve?
15:08:42 [kasei]
SteveH: there's an outstanding issue about algebra. need to discuss with Andy. Other than that it's OK to go.
15:08:54 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: should it be listed on the last call page?
15:09:03 [kasei]
SteveH: don't know the specifics. hard to list it.
15:09:26 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: keep us up to date on that page and let us know when it's ready for review.
15:09:52 [kasei]
SteveH: hope to get it done this week, but hard to predict.
15:10:24 [kasei]
AndyS: same position as SteveH. need to do some checking, discuss recent issues that came up this week.
15:10:32 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: Update document.
15:10:47 [kasei]
... issues from Alex.
15:11:15 [kasei]
... for formal model we'll have a meeting and discuss this week. hope to have something there next week.
15:11:59 [AxelPolleres]
15:12:41 [kasei]
pgearon: have addressed some of the items on the wiki page.
15:12:54 [kasei]
... bnodes in delete templates. delete and graph triples containing bnodes.
15:13:04 [kasei]
... done work on the document, but haven't checked it in yet.
15:13:21 [kasei]
... don't know the details of these issues yet.
15:13:40 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: talked briefly with Alex. he said he'd take care of his comments.
15:13:51 [kasei]
... hope to have updates next week.
15:13:59 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: protocol document.
15:14:00 [LeeF]
15:14:09 [kasei]
LeeF: no news.
15:14:20 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: service description.
15:15:56 [kasei]
kasei: new comment from Rob Vesse regarding both http protocol and service description.
15:16:44 [kasei]
... need to address the comment, but don't think it will result in substantive changes to SD document.
15:16:46 [AxelPolleres]
... comment by RV should be added to comments table, touches on both SD and HTTP update, more Chime to Greg?
15:17:20 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: http protocol
15:17:40 [kasei]
... a few comments that need to be taken into account. can assign actions to reviewers.
15:18:04 [AndyS]
Fine - if Chime is OK with that.
15:18:14 [kasei]
... Andy, Steve, and Nick to review.
15:18:16 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: SteveH to review Uniform HTTP Protocol
15:18:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-381 - Review Uniform HTTP Protocol [on Steve Harris - due 2011-02-08].
15:18:44 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel contact NickH to review Uniform HTTP Protocol
15:18:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-382 - Contact NickH to review Uniform HTTP Protocol [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-02-08].
15:19:02 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Andy to review Uniform HTTP Protocol
15:19:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-383 - Review Uniform HTTP Protocol [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-02-08].
15:19:05 [LeeF]
15:19:22 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: entailment document.
15:19:28 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
15:19:28 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
15:19:32 [kasei]
... two actions on Kendal and Zhe Wu.
15:19:38 [kasei]
bglimm: haven't heard back on reviews yet.
15:19:54 [kasei]
MattPerry: can pring Zhe about review.
15:19:59 [kasei]
bglimm: can ping Kendall.
15:20:04 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
15:20:04 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
15:20:07 [cbuilara]
zakim, unmute me
15:20:07 [Zakim]
cbuilara should no longer be muted
15:20:07 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: Federated Query
15:20:09 [LeeF]
Ready to go
15:20:20 [kasei]
cbuilara: ready for review.
15:20:22 [AndyS]
15:20:30 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: Lee and Axel to be assigned for review.
15:20:37 [kasei]
AndyS: can we discuss where BINDINGS go?
15:20:49 [LeeF]
My understanding is that it needs to be removed from federated query and just reference query
15:20:57 [AndyS]
15:21:30 [cbuilara]
I will add a remark to the Fed query document saying that it will be removed
15:21:31 [Zakim]
15:21:41 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:21:43 [cbuilara]
and left only in the main query document
15:21:51 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: is there duplicate text in the two documents?
15:21:51 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: AxelPolleres (80%)
15:22:02 [Zakim]
15:22:21 [kasei]
cbuilara: duplicated text. idea was to remove it in the federation document.
15:22:35 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: should be ready for review by end of today?
15:22:37 [kasei]
cbuilara: yes
15:22:42 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to review fed query
15:22:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-384 - Review fed query [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-02-08].
15:22:48 [LeeF]
15:22:53 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Lee to review fed query
15:22:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-385 - Review fed query [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-02-08].
15:23:05 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: JSON Results
15:23:11 [kasei]
... got reviews in already
15:23:23 [AndyS]
No progress on comments
15:23:35 [kasei]
AndyS: no progress on comments yet. been focusing on query document.
15:23:59 [kasei]
topic: BIND revisted (bind08 test)
15:24:22 [kasei]
LeeF: there was discussion on mailing list about bind08
15:24:35 [kasei]
... some confusion because of laxness in discussion of BGPs and Groups.
15:24:57 [kasei]
... think it is mostly resolved now. BINDs ends a BGP, doesn't end a Group.
15:25:21 [kasei]
... this means that bind08 test in which filter comes before bind has the same results as bind05 test where filter comes after the bind.
15:25:38 [kasei]
... updated the results in cvs today.
15:25:47 [kasei]
... believe all the bind tests are good now and can be approved.
15:26:01 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: any more comments?
15:26:07 [AndyS]
I agree with LeeF
15:26:44 [kasei]
LeeF: can we approve the tests?
15:26:54 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: will discuss in test status topic.
15:27:09 [AxelPolleres]
topic: short name and title of JSON doc
15:27:16 [AxelPolleres]
15:27:20 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: concrete proposal from Andy.
15:27:57 [kasei]
... keep same name; name it with same convention as others (starting with "sparql11")
15:28:05 [AxelPolleres]
"SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format" /sparql11-results-json/
15:28:31 [kasei]
... no other proposals. agreenment on option 2.
15:28:37 [kasei]
... anybody against this?
15:28:38 [LeeF]
option 2 ++++
15:29:14 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: set title of JSON results document to "SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format" with short name /sparql11-results-json/
15:29:15 [pgearon]
15:29:30 [LeeF]
15:29:39 [bglimm]
15:29:46 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: set title of JSON results document to "SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format" with short name /sparql11-results-json/
15:30:01 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: what do we need to do to approve the short name?
15:30:13 [kasei]
sandro: this is FPWD?
15:30:18 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: it's been out as a Note before.
15:30:36 [kasei]
sandro: we should go through the FPWD approval. that's when the short name is approved.
15:30:47 [kasei]
LeeF: FPWD has to be distinct from LC draft?
15:30:52 [kasei]
sandro: no, they can be the same.
15:31:07 [kasei]
... not sure it's technically a FPWD, but err on the safe side.
15:31:36 [kasei]
15:32:09 [kasei]
sandro: will send email.
15:32:28 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: sandro email to W3C to get shortname approved for JSON result doc
15:32:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-386 - Email to W3C to get shortname approved for JSON result doc [on Sandro Hawke - due 2011-02-08].
15:32:45 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Test status
15:32:46 [kasei]
topic: test status
15:33:12 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: wanted to go through test case directories and see where we are.
15:33:32 [kasei]
LeeF: as actions are completed, we'll discuss and move to approval.
15:33:41 [AndyS]
q+ about manifest-all (at end of tests item)
15:33:50 [AndyS]
q+ to talk about manifest-all (at end of tests item)
15:34:13 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: ACTIONS 368...
15:34:44 [AxelPolleres]
15:35:00 [kasei]
... 367: json results format. added 4 test cases for json results format.
15:35:04 [AxelPolleres]
15:35:20 [kasei]
... ask people to review those. will discuss next time.
15:35:36 [kasei]
... 368: syntax tests on Andy. done.
15:35:49 [AxelPolleres]
15:36:20 [kasei]
... not sure if these test cases can be approved.
15:36:29 [kasei]
LeeF: need at least one other set of eyes or implementation.
15:36:56 [kasei]
AndyS: I hope they are comprehensive.
15:37:08 [kasei]
LeeF: does this include negative syntax tests?
15:37:12 [kasei]
AndyS: yes, a few.
15:37:40 [kasei]
LeeF: one challenge here is other than Andy and Greg, none of us have implemented enough of 1.1 to use our implementations here.
15:37:56 [kasei]
SteveH: dajobe's parser isn't too bad. long way from 100%, but does a lot.
15:38:03 [kasei]
... doesn't do property paths or subqueries.
15:38:09 [kasei]
... or (?)
15:38:24 [kasei]
... parser we use in 5Store is more complete, but don't implement much of it. can do syntax tests.
15:38:46 [kasei]
LeeF: even if partial implementation, run it and then eyeball failures to see if it looks ok.
15:39:17 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: need to rely on Greg and Andy's approval?
15:39:21 [SteveH]
I will try to run it for raptor, but don't handle current test syntax
15:39:27 [kasei]
AndyS: what about eric's?
15:39:50 [kasei]
sandro: thought he had said something about updating it. did grammar work, but not sure about what else.
15:40:10 [kasei]
sandro: will ping eric about syntax tests.
15:40:19 [AxelPolleres]
15:40:29 [AxelPolleres]
... sandro will ask eric to look at those.
15:40:35 [AndyS]
Negative tests matter more for SPARQL 1.1 as there are some explicit errors this time round.
15:41:06 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 369: property paths on mperry.
15:41:24 [kasei]
AndyS: not sure minutes of propery paths meeting are achievable.
15:41:31 [sandro]
(email to ericP sent)
15:41:37 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: does this imply issues on last call documents?
15:41:44 [kasei]
AndyS: this needs to be addressed before LC.
15:42:28 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 370: function tests on Greg.
15:43:29 [kasei]
kasei: added several function tests, but more room for testing error conditions.
15:43:36 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 371: bind tests on Lee.
15:44:04 [kasei]
LeeF: let's approve 8 bind tests.
15:44:26 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: approve tests bind01-bind08 in
15:44:32 [SteveH]
abstain (on the basis that I've not run them)
15:44:39 [LeeF]
15:44:51 [kasei]
LeeF: haven't run them.
15:45:01 [kasei]
AndyS: keen for two implementations.
15:45:47 [kasei]
kasei: I pass 7/8 of the tests.
15:46:20 [kasei]
LeeF: if we wait for 2 implementations to pass all tests, we'll never approve the whole test suite.
15:47:01 [AndyS]
15:47:17 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: approve tests bind01-bind08 in
15:47:47 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: LeeF will change manifests to mark as approved.
15:47:48 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: mark bind01-08 as approved in manifest file
15:47:48 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - mark
15:48:02 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: lee to mark bind01-08 as approved in manifest file
15:48:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-387 - Mark bind01-08 as approved in manifest file [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-02-08].
15:48:28 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 372: negation tests on Chime.
15:49:05 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 373: subquery tests on Axel. haven't touched them yet.
15:49:14 [kasei]
... 374: project expression tests on Lee.
15:49:17 [kasei]
LeeF: nothing to report yet.
15:49:34 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 375: construct where tests on Axel. worked on these today.
15:49:44 [kasei]
... 6 tests for CONSTRUCT WHERE. small issues which have been fixed.
15:49:54 [kasei]
... Andy agreed with fixes.
15:49:57 [AxelPolleres]
15:50:19 [AxelPolleres]
15:50:53 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: only tested by copying construct template and running on systems with CONSTRUCT {} WHERE {}, not CONSTRUCT WHERE {}
15:51:19 [LeeF]
ok with me
15:51:59 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve testcases constructwhere01-06 in
15:52:46 [AndyS]
15:52:51 [AxelPolleres]
15:53:04 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve testcases constructwhere01-06 in
15:53:17 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: will mark them as approved.
15:53:28 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to mark construyctwhere01-06 as approved in manifest file
15:53:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-388 - Mark construyctwhere01-06 as approved in manifest file [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-02-08].
15:54:00 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 376: BINDINGS tests on Carlos
15:54:04 [kasei]
cbuilara: not much progress yet.
15:54:34 [ericP]
ericP, acks mail from sandro
15:54:35 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: aggregate tests which we haven't approved yet.
15:55:01 [AxelPolleres]
15:55:43 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: aggregate tests from greg. disagreement between Greg and Andy on AVG, SUM that had to do with precision of results, encoding of exponents.
15:55:48 [kasei]
... not sure if it's solved.
15:56:04 [kasei]
AndyS: recall the issue.
15:56:15 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: please have a look at the email thread and let us know if we can proceed.
15:56:59 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: 7 test cases which we already covered in October proposed to be approved, but no resolution (agg01-agg07)
15:57:13 [kasei]
... pending action 301 on Steve to look over test cases.
15:57:21 [kasei]
... if they're fine they can be approved.
15:57:44 [kasei]
SteveH: hoping to have code to read manifest format. once that's done can run tests through 4store engine.
15:57:45 [AndyS]
agg08 ("COUNT 8") uses non-key in expressions => required syntax error
15:58:32 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: agg08 had discussion about this being a syntax error. should be changed to a negative syntax test.
15:58:55 [kasei]
... could also be fixed. add agg08b.
15:59:03 [AndyS]
?? Delete the test - make sure its in the bad syntax suite
15:59:27 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: all negative syntax tests go into the bad syntax suite?
15:59:39 [kasei]
AndyS: might be easier to get through the test suite if the negative syntax tests are grouped together.
15:59:43 [kasei]
... no strong preference.
15:59:52 [LeeF]
No strong preference either.
16:00:09 [Zakim]
16:00:19 [kasei]
AxelPolleres: want 1-2 people to look at email and let us know how to move forward.
16:00:46 [Zakim]
16:00:48 [Zakim]
16:00:48 [Zakim]
16:00:49 [Zakim]
16:00:50 [Zakim]
16:00:52 [Zakim]
16:00:52 [Zakim]
16:00:54 [kasei]
minutes publishing url? (I forget every time)
16:00:54 [Zakim]
16:00:59 [Zakim]
16:01:01 [Zakim]
16:01:07 [Zakim]
16:01:08 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
16:01:08 [AxelPolleres]
16:01:09 [AxelPolleres]
16:01:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, pgearon, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, +420.8.439.aaaa, ocorby, Lee_Feigenbaum, SteveH, kasei, +1.973.4.aabb, bglimm, sandro, MattPerry, +49.911.973.4.aacc, NicoM
16:01:24 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
16:01:52 [kasei]
thanks Axel
16:01:52 [AxelPolleres]
greg, will you do the minutes? (I'll take care of last week's minutes in the meantime...)
16:01:57 [kasei]
17:34:51 [AxelPolleres_]
AxelPolleres_ has joined #sparql
17:36:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
17:37:18 [AxelPolleres_]
AxelPolleres_ has joined #sparql
17:37:44 [AxelPolleres_]
AxelPolleres_ has joined #sparql
18:14:50 [kasei]
AndyS: around?
18:42:25 [AndyS]
18:42:48 [kasei]
i had a question abou the CONSTRUCT WHERE syntax in the grammar
18:43:36 [kasei]
is there a reason TriplesTemplate is optional is the pattern?
18:43:49 [kasei]
i.e. would anyone ever want to do CONSTRUCT WHERE {} (empty pattern)
18:44:07 [kasei]
seems like a rather odd query to want.
18:47:43 [AndyS]
It is odd but it's useful to not make special cases (code generation - it's easier to allow "nothing" operations). Same for Update. It would need yet-another-rule.
18:49:07 [kasei]
i don't follow. why wouldn't it just involve changing the existing rule for the shortcut syntax to '{' TriplesTemplate '}' (drop the ? modifier)
19:27:49 [AndyS]
The important point is the code generation. Same happens with updat eBTW.
19:29:20 [kasei]
I'm not understanding why this would be a problem. It's obviously a design decision, but are you saying it wouldn't be as simple as dropping the ? qualifier?
19:31:07 [kasei]
also, can you explain what the syntax error in syntax-bindings-09.rq is?
19:31:09 [kasei]
SELECT * { } BINDINGS ?x ?y { (1 2) (3) }
19:31:19 [kasei]
does that second binding need 'UNDEF' as a second value?
19:47:00 [AndyS]
Yes, it needs an UNDEF (else is it "(3 UNDEF)" or "(UNDEF 3)")
19:47:09 [kasei]
got it, thanks
19:48:02 [AndyS]
Experience from users is that regularity helps those writing queries and updates by program. print "{" ; print all list ; print "}"
19:48:09 [AndyS]
Most true for INSERT DATA
19:48:35 [AndyS]
but I prefer that if INSERT DATA is like that, templates are like that.
19:48:38 [kasei]
understood. still seems odd to me, but I can live with it.
19:49:53 [kasei]
where did we end up on SELECT * used with grouping? allowable? syntax error?
19:50:38 [pgearon]
I don't have a link, but I thought it was an error
19:50:50 [kasei]
section 16.1 says its an error
19:51:00 [kasei]
but it also says that select * "takes account of grouping"
19:52:19 [kasei]
if it's an error, I think the group02 test is invalid.
19:53:05 [AndyS]
group-02 is not in the manifest for that reason.
19:53:51 [kasei]
oh. it's in the manifest file, but not linked from the manifest node.
19:54:14 [kasei]
is there a reason not to fix it or remove it?
20:04:00 [AndyS]
I'm neutral. Helps make the point, so remove when tests approved? (/me thinks its a pointless error - it's well defined what happens by the scope rules).
20:06:32 [kasei]
yeah, i really wish we had allowed using * with groups.
21:10:15 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
22:03:45 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
22:42:17 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #sparql
23:52:34 [pgearon]
pgearon has joined #sparql