IRC log of mediafrag on 2011-01-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:04:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:04:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-irc
10:04:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:04:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
10:04:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:04:48 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start 4 minutes ago
10:04:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:04:49 [trackbot]
Date: 19 January 2011
10:05:17 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
10:05:24 [Zakim]
+raphael
10:05:30 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0027.html
10:05:35 [raphael]
Chairs: Erik, Raphael
10:05:42 [Zakim]
+Yves
10:05:59 [raphael]
Regets: Thomas, Silvia
10:06:32 [Zakim]
+ +329331aaaa
10:07:16 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.592.aabb
10:07:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:08:29 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
10:10:16 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Admin
10:10:31 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Yves
10:10:34 [Yves]
damn!
10:10:37 [raphael]
scribe: yves
10:10:43 [raphael]
scribenick: Yves
10:11:21 [Yves]
approval of last week minutes
10:11:25 [raphael]
+1
10:11:27 [Yves]
<Yves> +1
10:11:33 [davy]
+1
10:11:40 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
10:11:46 [Yves]
RESOLUTION: minutes approved http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html
10:12:01 [Yves]
Topic: spec
10:12:20 [Yves]
Philip sent some patches that needs to be incorporated in the spec
10:12:43 [Yves]
As we did lots of changes, we need another LC (that will be short).
10:13:02 [Yves]
I would like that we decide on the LC next week
10:13:28 [hackerjack]
hackerjack has joined #mediafrag
10:13:30 [Yves]
aiming for 3 weeks review time
10:13:43 [Yves]
any objection with the plan?
10:13:51 [erik]
no
10:13:58 [hackerjack]
no
10:14:12 [Yves]
Davy: do I have to include RTSP in the spec before next week?
10:14:15 [Yves]
Raphael: yes
10:14:19 [Yves]
Davy: I will try
10:15:27 [Yves]
document changed a lot in december but not a lot since then
10:16:48 [Yves]
we need to rephrase slightly the part of the spec about SMPTE timecodes
10:17:24 [Yves]
also new video codec don't have fixed framerates, we need to address that
10:17:58 [Yves]
jack: 99.99% of existing movies files will have fixed framerate even if the format allows dynamic framerate
10:18:41 [davy]
q+
10:19:03 [Yves]
raphael: we need to address this case
10:20:00 [Yves]
Jack: starting to rethink my position on that issue, it makes sense to present the whole fragment in that case
10:20:19 [Yves]
should it be implementation notes?
10:20:51 [Yves]
Raphael: in the final document, the things that we may remove because of lack of implementation might go in a non-normative appendix
10:21:13 [raphael]
zakim, ack davy
10:21:13 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:21:20 [Yves]
Yves: fine as long as it is clear that it's not normative and there because of lack of implementation
10:22:42 [Yves]
Davy: variable framerate is usually not implemented as the encoder needs to communicate with the packager, and not sure it's implemented now. Also SMPTE time codes at a frame-basis should be there
10:23:16 [Yves]
Jack: how about implemetation ?
10:23:36 [Yves]
Davy: might try to get one at least aprtial
10:23:58 [Yves]
Jack: if people are interested in that, they should demonstrate their interest with code, even if it's a toy implementation
10:25:41 [erik]
q+
10:26:20 [Yves]
Raphael: would like to invite Addison to discuss issue 17 about IRI and track names
10:26:34 [Yves]
would feb 2 be ok? (ie: get critical mass here)
10:26:52 [raphael]
I18N discussion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html
10:27:35 [Yves]
raphael: we also need to dedicate a complete telcon on test cases.
10:28:08 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:28:08 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:28:08 [Yves]
erik: will issue 19 be solved by next week?
10:28:12 [Yves]
raphael: yes
10:29:05 [Yves]
Topic: HTML WG liaison
10:29:12 [raphael]
Bug: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723
10:30:36 [Yves]
Bug was rejected because it was multiple things in one bug, Silvia had an AI to open several bugs
10:31:45 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:31:55 [raphael]
I have been dropped :-(
10:32:00 [Yves]
Yves: only the last one about having to stop at the end of the fragment needs reopening
10:32:45 [Zakim]
+raphael
10:35:19 [Yves]
Topic: Implementation
10:35:31 [Yves]
action 204 will be dropped
10:35:31 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 204
10:35:44 [Yves]
the header syntax should be checked in the tests
10:35:57 [Yves]
Topic: Open issues
10:36:13 [Yves]
RTSP will be added soon
10:36:17 [Yves]
Topic: test cases
10:36:23 [Yves]
Davy has some updates on that front
10:36:45 [raphael]
drop ACTION-204
10:37:04 [davy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0025.html
10:37:20 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases
10:37:53 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases
10:38:03 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases
10:40:43 [Yves]
raphael: wondering about server-side tests
10:40:54 [Yves]
davy: we need extra test cases, yes
10:41:08 [Yves]
davy: but we have the template for test cases
10:41:35 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
10:42:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:44:37 [Yves]
Raphael: there are two things to check, URI parsed as it should and HTTP request sent as it should, and the second point is to verify the behaviour (graphical)
10:44:52 [Yves]
jack: if we have a client saving the file, we can do automatic testing
10:45:33 [Yves]
Yves: but there are things that we can't test that way (like displaying the complete timeline)
10:45:46 [Yves]
Raphael: a few things needs to check manually, which is fine
10:46:09 [Yves]
Jack: we need to check what SVG or CSS people are doing to test graphical output
10:46:23 [Yves]
Jack: also if the number of manually testes tests is small...
10:46:34 [Yves]
s/testes//
10:46:56 [Yves]
s/manually tests/manually verifiable tests/
10:47:48 [Yves]
Jack: the first thing is to review all the current tests
10:49:31 [Yves]
Davy: we have also an issue with sources for tests
10:50:00 [Yves]
Raphael: can we make files or is transcoding too difficult?
10:50:30 [Yves]
Jack: ffmpeg might help there
10:51:33 [Yves]
Raphael: please ask on the ML.
10:53:17 [hackerjack]
yes
10:54:16 [Yves]
Topic: AOB?
10:54:40 [Zakim]
+Erik.a
10:54:52 [raphael]
One question: should we use one of the movies in the spec and in the test cases ?
10:54:56 [Yves]
Raphael: should we use in the test cases one of the movies we have in the agenda? (ie: one with the right license)
10:55:04 [raphael]
* Sintel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7KhViaVqc
10:55:04 [raphael]
** longer version, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
10:55:04 [raphael]
* Big Bunny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
10:55:04 [raphael]
* The Elephant Dreams: http://www.archive.org/details/ElephantsDream
10:55:12 [hackerjack]
I would prefer not to use the suggested movies
10:56:04 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/media/spatial_30fps.webm ?
10:56:08 [Yves]
Jack: we should create synthetic movies, easier to do checking (like switching backgrounds on boundaries we are about to tests)
10:56:41 [davy]
http://ninsuna.elis.ugent.be/Media/MFWG/TC/spatial_30fps.mp4?track=3;1
10:57:20 [erik]
q+
10:57:58 [Yves]
erik: should we drop all the AI assigned to Michael?
10:58:09 [Yves]
raphael: safe ot drop them
10:58:23 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:58:23 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:59:09 [Yves]
Erik: we need to talk about use cases as well (from Shiraishi San)
10:59:31 [Nobu]
Thank you, I am on IRC now.
10:59:45 [Yves]
Erik: also who is attending the workshop in Berlin?
10:59:48 [Yves]
Raphael: no
10:59:54 [Yves]
Erik: I should be there
10:59:57 [Yves]
ADJOURNED
11:00:01 [Zakim]
-raphael
11:00:02 [Zakim]
-Jack
11:00:03 [Zakim]
-Yves
11:00:05 [Zakim]
-Erik.a
11:00:20 [Nobu]
I
11:00:21 [raphael]
Nobu: we agree to continue the discussion on your use case on the mailing list
11:00:27 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
11:00:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, Yves, +329331aaaa, Erik, Davy, +31.20.592.aabb, Jack
11:00:29 [raphael]
please, create a wiki page if you want
11:00:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
11:00:38 [Nobu]
I see, thanks.
11:01:13 [raphael]
The Use Cases and Requirements document is sort of "on hold" ... which means, we will update it at the end of the rec track process
11:01:35 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:01:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:02:32 [raphael]
* Sintel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7KhViaVqc
11:02:32 [raphael]
** longer version, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
11:02:32 [raphael]
* Big Bunny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
11:02:32 [raphael]
* The Elephant Dreams: http://www.archive.org/details/ElephantsDream
11:02:37 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
11:03:05 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:03:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:15:07 [raphael]
Regrets: Thomas, Silvia
11:15:09 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:15:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:16:40 [raphael]
s/aprtial/partial
11:16:41 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:16:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:31:14 [Nobu]
Nobu has joined #mediafrag
11:33:36 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
13:26:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag